Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,485 members, 7,816,149 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 AM

Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 (33078 Views)

Sheikh Abduljabar Nasiru Kabara Sentenced To Death By Hanging For Blasphemy / Ekiti Court Sentences Abdulsalam Adinoyi, Boko Haram Member To Death By Hanging / Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by delishpot: 10:02pm On Jan 17, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
One law for the rich, another law for the poor

When you or your mother is robbed with dangerous arms pointed at you, feel free to tell the judge not to apply same law they won't apply to looting politicians.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Okhuadams(m): 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2023
chokekachy:

https://thenationonlineng.net/court-sentences-lagos-vulcaniser-to-death-by-hanging-for-robbing-nurse-of-n57000/

what can ofc useless judge is this he only robbed her he did not kill her. Politiefians steal billions and get a ple bargain and yet th8s backyard judge give out death sentence for just 57k. Ingredients and Nonsense
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by HighBK: 10:04pm On Jan 17, 2023
Just so you know, in Chapter 36, Section 402 of the Criminal Code Act. The Punishment for armed robbery (robbery with offensive weapon) is death.

For all intent, they could have killed the woman robbed. Many people have been killed that way on their way to work from robbery gone bad.

It's just that justice is never served when the offenders are rich.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by HighBK: 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2023
Look for Chapter 36, Section 402
https://jurist.ng/act/criminal_code_act
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by 2016v2017: 10:17pm On Jan 17, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by buzorcharles(m): 10:26pm On Jan 17, 2023
Our judiciary is in shamble
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by kafeii123: 10:27pm On Jan 17, 2023
Blue3k:

You're arguing blindly I didn't comment on the merits of the judgment. Nice try attacking a strawman. He was sentenced to death for an armed robbery. This isn't about the Naira amount he stole.

That's what they're refusing to see...the law is clear...armed robbery ... just like cultism... irrespective of amount stolen carries death by hanging as a sentence....the law was made out of the prevalence of these crimes at certain times.... The same sentence has been out up for kidnapping...but that was until fulanis joined the business....now we're hearing of repentant bandits or terrorists..... If Buhari hadn't allowed the law enforcement agents become lax and nepotic over it.....I believe this menace of banditry..terrorism and kidnapping would have been controlled by our law enforcement agents...if they had been given free hand to operate

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by SmartyPants(m): 10:49pm On Jan 17, 2023
Chiefwhip001:
I suspect foul judgement in this case,
Meanwhile, the killer of that lawyer has not been sentenced till now.
It is well.

This case started since 2018 sir.
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Ifakiland(m): 10:52pm On Jan 17, 2023
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Ifakiland(m): 10:53pm On Jan 17, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
Rich man point gun for your head Rob you? U lack sense
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Ifakiland(m): 10:55pm On Jan 17, 2023
Thebossoasis:
I don't give a damn about thieves undecided to me they all deserve death angry

Only God knows what the victim went through to get that money undecided smh
Instead of working for yours you decided to rob someone off hers and you think you deserve to be happy?? No no
Exactly those fools saying harsh judgment are either robbers or have never been robbed....armed robbery is a capita crime weda you Rob with gun or blade.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Emman08: 10:57pm On Jan 17, 2023
In Nigeria just steal billions so you can buy the justice you want

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by NothingDoMe: 11:05pm On Jan 17, 2023
Blue3k:

You're crying about this issue without knowing the laws? Weird.

Like I said, cool. cool
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by jidxin(m): 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
chokekachy:

https://thenationonlineng.net/court-sentences-lagos-vulcaniser-to-death-by-hanging-for-robbing-nurse-of-n57000/

oga recap your heading. Its not stealing, there is great diffrence between stealing and armed robbery.... Especially if charged under fire arm act
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by jidxin(m): 11:08pm On Jan 17, 2023
Blue3k:

When is the last time a governor signed a death warrant? Every week read about the sentence but you never read about the execution being carried out.

governor oshiomole
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by haffaze777(m): 11:21pm On Jan 17, 2023
Ediri Endurance be calming down,they just want to develop your wallet for yougrin
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by femmoy(m): 11:22pm On Jan 17, 2023
post=120128883:

What d F
Harsh judgement by Dada...
Victim alive.

Btw,
What happened to the 2nd boy?

If you actually read the story you won't ask this silly question. Didn't you read where they said he's still at large?

I wonder how folks jump into conclusion without reading first.
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Kenbooks88(m): 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2023
chokekachy:

this is not a fair judgement at all. For robbing 57k you want to kill him by hanging yet the killer cop who killed a lawyer on Xmas day has hope of walking free judging by the way the case is being handled. This definitely not fair.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Originalsly: 11:51pm On Jan 17, 2023
t2luv1:

This can be easily fixed. Let everybody start packing heat. Not being able to carry a gun is one of the main reasons I refuse to visit that country. I have 4 guns, 3 handguns, and an assault weapon AR15 that I just use when visiting a shooting range. I just can not imagine leaving my house without a gun. I have had my gun permit since 2000

In urban settings every man with a gun would lead to an increase in gun violence. One workmate had a friend who always packed two guns in this anti gun city .... he was shot dead ... never had a chance to use his protection. There will always be criminals .... and if one knows or suspect you are packing... they will shoot first rob later.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by BATified2023: 12:27am On Jan 18, 2023
PlanktonX:

Just like as an old inmate in one of Nigeria correctional center abi na death center self, said he had withness more than 500 execution at the prison...

Things dey happen, not only in Nigeria, even read about one in China, killing prisoners for organ harvesting.
I no even get strength to argue with those ones

They are mumus who believe everything in prison is legal

Prison wey dem dey change prisoners wey get money

My mom works in d counseling n rehabilitation unit where they ask prisoners what took them there n try to give them hope

It’s an open secret there n I could remember I use to see her questionnaires n d content especially for people sentenced to death

They kill them on Monday n Thursday n it’s not by firing at all, they have a well they throw them inside n that’s all….. they throw them in n cover it

I just don’t pray they have first hand experience

They should ask any ex convict around dem

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by akwunomy(m): 12:37am On Jan 18, 2023
chokekachy:

Nonsense…You kill someone for stealing 500k…while politicians steal Billions….

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by donyfrank: 1:18am On Jan 18, 2023
And those robbing billions with pen are giving presidential, Assembly tickets.

Oh, join the course below to be getting more than 57k a day to avoid being hanged

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by rickleye: 3:23am On Jan 18, 2023
Women are wicked death by hanging - what century are we in? Why not firing Squad.!!!
Sentence the dude to life imprisonment without parole for 18 years. I guess that is what you get with a public defender. But yikes by hanging sad
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by sunboy(m): 3:33am On Jan 18, 2023
That judge should lose his/her law license. WTF!

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Ventura1: 4:13am On Jan 18, 2023
His family should appeal, if he's still useful.
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by rafcrown(m): 4:48am On Jan 18, 2023
Death penalty also for
Ritualists
Kidnappers
Gunmen known and unknown
Corrupt politicians
Herdsmen with guns
Etc
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Mirasteel: 5:28am On Jan 18, 2023
PrinceOfLagos:
The rich ones keeps stealing from Nigeria treasury, yet nothing is done to them. in Africa the law is only for the poor ones.

1 Like

Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Tayodihno: 5:54am On Jan 18, 2023
Mehn, e get as e be o. Chai
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:10am On Jan 18, 2023
Nah justice dada babe Dem Robb?
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by omoyeni37: 6:11am On Jan 18, 2023
This justice dada no try at all
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by Godsonkemz(m): 6:16am On Jan 18, 2023
The judge should temper justice with mercy since he was not caught with a firearm. Instead of death sentence, should serve him 30yrs imprisonment or at worst life imprisonment.
Re: Court Sentences Vulcaniser To Death By Hanging For Stealing ₦‎57,000 by greatness77: 6:47am On Jan 18, 2023
Blue3k:

Name five people you know who were murdered on the low, please. Call your mom if you can't do it from memory. These guys will live on death row essentially serving a life sentence with the physiological torture of knowing their life is over at any moment.
They do execute them on a low key

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

World Leaders Line Up Offers Of Presidential State Visits For PMB / New Look Of Calabar-Itu Road That Buhari Started Work On Recently(pics) / Who Is Really A NIGER DELTAN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.