Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) (35813 Views)

Best Way To Deal With Angry Moments As A Man (Opinion) / I May Not Return - Ghanaian Teacher Says After Finding Pretty White Lady Abroad / I May Ruin My Girlfriend's Life, If I Make A Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by loswhite(m): 5:42pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
Example 1

They can't keep healthy intelligent conversations angry
Go and advice your women first that have turned Nigerian men to ATM machine..."needs"

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:50pm On Nov 11, 2023
MyAmericandream:

You guys always act like you’re perfect, once they bring up any issue about men you all will want tear the thread down.

My point is men 4rm other countries have issues too

U grab? undecided

I suggested rick ross 4

Persephone1 tho

At least his music should please her

I remember the one titled

Pinned To The Cross

Have u heard it?
cool

Or not? undecided
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by achimendy(m): 6:45pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
[i]"Marry a typical Nigerian Man at your own peril"

When I type these words, it's not from a place of hate towards men ( I don't hate anybody) It is from careful analysis of marriages to Nigerian Men which mostly lack genuine love, empathy and kindness. Nigerian Marriages are mostly driven by "needs" and "means" to an end. Too systematic and unnatural and the one with the highest bargaining chip gets the most benefit.

Our mothers didn't teach us enough about Men. They didn't know either until they got married, unfortunately they are still learning about Men too. That is why the popular saying "Ile oko ile eko ni" (Your husband house is a school) is usually the soothing balm to unfavourable experiences a wife has with her husband. One question I always ask myself when I hear these words as parting words of advice for young wife is. Does that mean she is getting married into a strange,unknown and possibly unfavourable world? Why represent her husband as an unending course? And will she ever graduate and be relieved of painful lessons?. Ask these women these questions and they will shake their heads in mockery but the truth is, They weren't taught enough about the Men they are getting married to. How would they when they didn't know who they are either. To understand another person there must be a certain level of self awareness you have reached yourself. This way you have enough level of intelligence to be a perfect judge of character. But when a woman believe all she needs to be is a good cook and good konji reliever then all she will seek is a man who has Kitchen and bed.

Men are the worst in this joke of an institution. Configured to believe all they need to posses is Financial ability to provide. The upbringing of the typical Nigerian Man is very very wrong. Trained with little to no empathy,kindness, self care, sense of belonging, self love but burdened with sense of responsibility brought up like a robot to "provide" only. Most Nigerian men are robotic minded, unable to connect emotionally without aide yet this men are expected to naturally see their brides as a part of themselves. Wishful thinking if you ask me. And when some men luckily achieve this, the society (Men and Women) mock him. Aside this, they don't readily know what they want and are easily tossed by the society.

We create a society devoid of emotional engagement but want the benefits emotions birth. Compassion and affections brings liberty, a man who lacks these will see his wife as his slave and property, he gets to do with her what he seem best and not what is good for her. We really have a long way to go as a Society.

Nigerian Men make terrible horsebands

You're really confused. You said men lack the brain to discern love, empathy, kindness and self care and are also trained to believe financial responsibility is all there's to marriage or relationship. But you fail to understand that we are human beings with different characters, and inasmuch as we relate With each other we will continue to influence each others behaviour, be it good or bad. The reason I said this is because of how your gender has prioritized finance/ wealth in a relationship or marriage than the love, self care, kindness, empathy and emotional connection you're crying about here. Your gender here in Nigeria only believe and listen to the love language of money and wealth, they only see a loving and caring man if he's capable of spending extravagantly on them. They even go as far as despising men who love them genuinely but are not financially strong. That is the new order in today's love world, money equates everything for you women, if you dont possess it as a man you dont have the right to talk about marriage to me.

But when they meet a rich man who they only agreed to get married to because of his money or influence, but has robotic character as you said and doesn't give a damn about emotional connection, kindness, empathy and self care as you said your gender will start crying about him not been loving and respecting you women.

You can not sow corn and expect to reap mango at the end of the day. In otherwords, blame your gender for influencing the character of today's men all because of material things. All you people care about is money money and money, but you fail to understand that money doesn't equate love, it's something that is perceived in the heart. And money alone can not cover that space in the heart.

5 Likes

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by achimendy(m): 6:55pm On Nov 11, 2023
yrhuhfy113:

wow, awesome... you are right and have a strong point
A very compeling piece of idea about Nigerian men... sadly its true but wholistically its myopic.

I am not here to make a CASE for men... i acknowledge your expressed thoughts as reality but as INCOMPLETE.

SEE, MEN ARE NOT LOVED UNCONDITIONALLY... We are only LOVED BY MERIT, RAISED AS HUNTERS TO COMPETE AND PROVIDE else we are not competent.

THE THINGS YOU MENTION WE LACK ARE ACTUALLY NOT LACKING BUT SURPRESSED BY THE HARSH REALITIES OF LIFE WE HAVE LIVED THROUGH....

Let me explain... EVEN on the case of wooing or getting a LADY for sex or marriage... LADIES GENERALLY FEEL SAFER WITH A RICH DUDE, THAN A CARING, EMPATHETIC S.O.B. Whyyy because the COUNTRY IS HARD.... and Ladies think of the FUTURE ALOT.
So after being drilled by our parents to always COME FIRST IN CLASS, and being punished for not coming first or not outdoing others.... we now enter a tetiary institution where only the BEST GRADUANDS are assured of jobs or connections... so we have to compete, hustle for money and do everything possible to be among those who thrive or survive.. AFTER YEARS OF LIVING AS A SURVIVOR.... we now marry, with HOOOOOGEE responsibilities, wife and kids... most likely WIFE HAS NOTHING DOING OR EARNS LITTLE YET FEELS ENTITLED TO BE TREATED LIKE A QUEEN.... Then we should let down our GUARD and still be as caring, as emotionally sensitive, as all that you women want us to be??
C'mon sis... YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL.

Marry unambitious men from other countries who are not living in the same terrible conditions we have had in NIGERIA... they have emotions to spare, because THEIR FINANCIAL SYSTEM WORKS and is DEPENDABLE... not here. So you can't come here and GENERALIZE, when majority of your GENDER.... WILL CHOOSE SIX CARS OVER SIX PACKS. Pls... have some balance.

Little wonder why MEN are no longer interested in MARRIAGE... because it has become like an orphanage, so baby mama is now what many opt for, so as to retain their freedom. Ladies wanting EVERYTHING yet offering so little JUST BECAUSE THEY EXIST, is the highest form of lowkey witchcraft ever. grin

ALL MEN ARE NOT THE SAME, ALL WOMEN ARE NOT THE SAME..... MARRIAGE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE..... BUT MONEY IS IMPORTANT TO ALL.

Well said bro.

I just hope she reads and understands.

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2023
After all said on this thread I have reached the following conclusions:

1) The average Nigerian do not read to comprehend. Two key words a bright mind will note are " May" and "Opinion" . Most of the comments are in response are angry barks rather than sensible rebuttals.

2) The average Nigerian man is insecure. Just an opinion from one out of hundreds of female users gave several out of million male users high blood pressure. A simple criticism had most of men bringing out vapours from from all holes in their bodies.

3) Most Nigerian men if not all are hypocritical and can't take what they dish out to women. I can't count numbers of derogatory words used against Nigerian women on Nl but here they are like bulls on colo fighting unseen spirit because a thread called out their bullshit.

4) Nigerian men are just as emotional as they want you to believe their women are. They call themselves the logical being but lack emotional intelligence to handle criticism. They would rather go tantrum way that counter an opinion "logically"

In all I maintain my stance " I may not marry a Nigerian Man" if you feel entitled in anyway go hang yourself.

Thank you for your time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by achimendy(m): 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
Goodlady:
To butress the op, Nigerian men lacked empathy. Empathy ll place them in the position of not questioning a lady that they are dating or married about finances, gifts, sex etc.
They don't realise that relationship is responsibility. They ll say what your father can't give you, you dey ask from me.
Why you come toast me (woo)?
As I come gree, am I not entitled to your resources?
They also lacked empathy of hurting their wives or female partners deliberately with cheating. They don't put themselves in women's shoe that how ll I feel if she's the one cheating?
Abeg make I no tok talk in order not to be misquoted. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‚
The violence is needed for cleansing of the minds of the reprobate dirty boys here that can't feed themselves but talk anyhow here against females.

Can you feed yourself??

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Farfalla(f): 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2023
This thread is proof that men aren't synonymous with logic.

A majority of you cannot even respond to the points articulated by the OP, or even get curious as to why she raised those points.

All I see are just the usual ad hominem responses from the same people who claim to be logical.

4 Likes

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Caleb15(m): 7:42pm On Nov 11, 2023
After i don buy Ankara
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 7:50pm On Nov 11, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Welcome back. You can pick up from where you left off.

Use these as a booster.
πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ§πŸ§πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Etu Magnoliaa
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 7:51pm On Nov 11, 2023
Farfalla:
This thread is proof that men aren't synonymous with logic.

A majority of you cannot even respond to the points articulated by the OP, or even get curious as to why she raised those points.

All I see are just the usual ad hominem responses from the same people who claim to be logical.

wetin be this??πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Magnoliaa(f): 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ§πŸ§πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Etu MagnoliΓ a

Here, right here. πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 7:52pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
After all said on this thread I have reached the following conclusions:

1) The average Nigerian do not read to comprehend. Two key words a bright mind will note are " May" and "Opinion" . Most of the comments are in response are angry barks rather than sensible rebuttals.

2) The average Nigerian man is insecure. Just an opinion from one out of hundreds of female users gave several out of million male users high blood pressure. A simple criticism had most of men bringing out vapours from from all holes in their bodies.

3) Most Nigerian men if not all are hypocritical and can't take what they dish out to women. I can't count numbers of derogatory words used against Nigerian women on Nl but here they are like bulls on colo fighting unseen spirit because a thread called out their bullshit.

4) Nigerian men are just as emotional as they want you to believe their women are. They call themselves the logical being but lack emotional intelligence to handle criticism. They would rather go tantrum way that counter an opinion "logically"

In all I maintain my stance " I may not marry a Nigerian Man" if you feel entitled in anyway go hang yourself.

Thank you for your time.
na my fellow men wey dey make big deal out of nothing I dey blame. As for me, I couldn't give a flying Bleep, Deer wink
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 7:55pm On Nov 11, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Here, right here. πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ don't you ever get tired?
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Magnoliaa(f): 7:56pm On Nov 11, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ don't you ever get tired?

πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 7:58pm On Nov 11, 2023
Magnoliaa:

πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£
grin angry KK. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Magnoliaa(f): 7:59pm On Nov 11, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
grin angry KK. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣

In here πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£.
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 8:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
Magnoliaa:

πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£
have you suddenly become mute? 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 Those buckets are for your tears right? Oh wait.. you need me to bring you a couple more, these are filled to the brim?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Magnoliaa(f): 8:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
have you suddenly become mute? 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 Those buckets are for your tears right? Oh wait.. you need me to bring you a couple more, these are filled to the brim?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£

You're doing well πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£.
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by NNEVERAGAINN: 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2023
Jeon:

I see your bitterness. Do try and send me an email again .You can't tell if I might accept it this time.

Nonsense. I don't do Johnny Bravo body shape.
I'm not bitter Jeon, and when did I send you an emailπŸ€”??
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Seeing you close to bursting into tears is me doing well? I'm gonna take it as a compliment then. 😭😭😭😭😭😭🀣🀣
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by NNEVERAGAINN: 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Gift?
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 8:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
NNEVERAGAINN:
Gift?
🀣🀣🀣 help me ask her.
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
na my fellow men wey dey make big deal out of nothing I dey blame. As for me, I couldn't give a flying Bleep, Deer wink
You couldn't give a hoot yet you have the most posts on this thread flying here and there like featherless fowl.

Abeg gettaout!

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Magnoliaa(f): 8:09pm On Nov 11, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
Seeing you close to bursting into tears is me doing well? I'm gonna take it as a compliment then. 😭😭😭😭😭😭🀣🀣

Good job. You're making a very good use of them πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£.
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Jeon(f): 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2023
NNEVERAGAINN:
I'm not bitter Jeon, and when did I send you an emailπŸ€”??

If you are not bitter you won't come on my mention saying trashs because of my options. There are still Women that can lick men's ass.

8 Likes

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 8:10pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
You couldn't give a hoot yet you have the most posts on this thread flying here and there like featherless fowl.

Abeg gettaout!
🀣🀣🀣🀣 cherre. I made my point like you did. Is it your turn to cry now? 🀣
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
🀣🀣🀣🀣 cherre. I made my point like you did. Is it your turn to cry now? 🀣
Get out!

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 8:12pm On Nov 11, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Good job. You're making a very good use of them πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ now we're definitely in a loop. For the umpteenth time, I'm not crying... Im happy af. How can I be crying when you're making my day?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
Get out!
borrow bucket from your friend. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I can see you're close to tears. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Magnoliaa(f): 8:13pm On Nov 11, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ now we're definitely in a loop. For the umpteenth time, I'm not crying... Im happy af. How can I be crying when you're making my day?πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

You have an amazing workrate. Keep it up πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£.
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by NNEVERAGAINN: 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2023
Jeon:

If you are not bitter you won't come on my mention saying trashs because of my options.
So was that enough to lie that I sent you an email request, to make people look like I'm chasing you? Besides, I sent you a request on Tinder. I lost your contact because my phone were stolen. Log on to your Tinder so we can talk more!
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 8:15pm On Nov 11, 2023
Magnoliaa:

You have an amazing workrate
πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£ πŸͺ£. Keep going.
🀣🀣🀣 I should say the same of you. 🀣🀣🀣🀣 Your buckets aren't enough. We need more. While you're at it, please lend madam persephone some. She seems to be in dire need of it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (21) (Reply)

Couple Rock Their Secondary School Uniform For Their Pre-wedding Photos / My Sister Is A Lesbian, I Need Help To Cure Her / HELP ! My P*nties Do give Me Orgasm When Walking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.