Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,713 members, 7,831,241 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) (35770 Views)

Best Way To Deal With Angry Moments As A Man (Opinion) / I May Not Return - Ghanaian Teacher Says After Finding Pretty White Lady Abroad / I May Ruin My Girlfriend's Life, If I Make A Mistake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Eyinju112(f): 1:25pm On Nov 11, 2023
Tenrack:
this one just like argument. I pity who dey indulge you
I swearπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I wonder if she be woman or man.
Everytime Cho Cho Cho πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by YoshihideSuga: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2023
Kelechi009:

Whatever you wrote here & also in your initial post completely ignores the fact that Nigeria is highly traditional and those roles which are defined and expected of us in the 80s and are still expected of us today in 2023. We can all summersault 100 times and It won't change anything for both genders. In Nigeria. Do you what is funny? This same type of analog love is what people in Western countries miss & they always cry about how they miss Lagos men & how Lagos men take care of them the most, I suggest you should invest more time in watching British black women podcasts. Watch programmes that explore more of black women outside Nigeria. Go on Instagram, see what women are saying about Lagos men. You'll be shocked.

Nairaland is a bubble dear, big bubble.

Interesting... Any heads up on names of some of those podcasts and programs? Is the dating market in the UK that bad for black women? Why don't they marry non-black men?
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Nobody: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2023
joseph1832:
A round of applause to you for making hasty generations. πŸ‘
A round of applause to you for modifying the spelling of "generalization"πŸ‘

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by aestake: 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
A round of applause to you for modifying the spelling of "generalization"πŸ‘
The Mexican don show?
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by YourGFsnatcher: 2:00pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
[i]"Marry a typical Nigerian Man at your own peril"

When I type these words, it's not from a place of hate towards men ( I don't hate anybody) It is from careful analysis of marriages to Nigerian Men which mostly lack genuine love, empathy and kindness. Nigerian Marriages are mostly driven by "needs" and "means" to an end. Too systematic and unnatural and the one with the highest bargaining chip gets the most benefit.

Our mothers didn't teach us enough about Men. They didn't know either until they got married, unfortunately they are still learning about Men too. That is why the popular saying "Ile oko ile eko ni" (Your husband house is a school) is usually the soothing balm to unfavourable experiences a wife has with her husband. One question I always ask myself when I hear these words as parting words of advice for young wife is. Does that mean she is getting married into a strange,unknown and possibly unfavourable world? Why represent her husband as an unending course? And will she ever graduate and be relieved of painful lessons?. Ask these women these questions and they will shake their heads in mockery but the truth is, They weren't taught enough about the Men they are getting married to. How would they when they didn't know who they are either. To understand another person there must be a certain level of self awareness you have reached yourself. This way you have enough level of intelligence to be a perfect judge of character. But when a woman believe all she needs to be is a good cook and good konji reliever then all she will seek is a man who has Kitchen and bed.

Men are the worst in this joke of an institution. Configured to believe all they need to posses is Financial ability to provide. The upbringing of the typical Nigerian Man is very very wrong. Trained with little to no empathy,kindness, self care, sense of belonging, self love but burdened with sense of responsibility brought up like a robot to "provide" only. Most Nigerian men are robotic minded, unable to connect emotionally without aide yet this men are expected to naturally see their brides as a part of themselves. Wishful thinking if you ask me. And when some men luckily achieve this, the society (Men and Women) mock him. Aside this, they don't readily know what they want and are easily tossed by the society.

We create a society devoid of emotional engagement but want the benefits emotions birth. Compassion and affections brings liberty, a man who lacks these will see his wife as his slave and property, he gets to do with her what he seem best and not what is good for her. We really have a long way to go as a Society.

Nigerian Men make terrible horsebands

I can't marry a girl that watch BBN.
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Jeon(f): 2:01pm On Nov 11, 2023
jeromestarks:

Yes ooo.
Bitter, lonely women who have missed their chance for a happy married life ahbi?
My dear, you're with Persephone1 and her likes.

Coming from someone that is seeking for revenge over a girl he hadn't paid for /can't accepted life as it is.

.Childish.

You're no longer famous with you nonsense rants. Why?.

6 Likes

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Jeon(f): 2:05pm On Nov 11, 2023
You all claim that "Nigerian girls are no good and have nothing to offer", so why do Men get angry /panicking if we comply to it?.

Birdbyrde440:

The kind of men you all meet, you lack spiritual understanding, western educated are made compulsory blind spiritually.

You want a selfless man, are you selfless?

You had male friends early on in life, you fornicated excessively and you thought there will be no consequences because Jesus died for you? I don't have any pity for you and your likes...

Any woman that has had more than 3 sexual partners before marriage has a higher likelihood of not last long in marriage. This doesn't apply to men because men where created different.

You need soul searching.

How funny for you to describe me like you know everything about my life. Stop comparing me with your sister OK .

Point of corrections I don't do and have never do a Nigerian Man OK. They hardly turn me on both in body and character. So that's makes it 0exes and no body counts.

6 Likes

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by franchasofficia: 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
Thank you Oga Francis.

Sorry about the generalization, can I say 99.9% men? grin
We Nairalanders and 99.9% cheesy grin

Stop worrying, just be the best you can be character-wise, respect wise (Nigerian men don't joke with respect from their woman), look good, dress well, make yourself approachable, be friendly when necessary, and don't be too greedy. Expect less and pray to God for the best and the grace to finish well and to make right choices and believe me, you will get married to a wonderful man.

Don't let negative stories of some married ladies or guys deceive you into believing that most marriages are rocky, na lie.

In Nigeria, marriage still favors women more than men if the woman marries the right man.

A man loses a lot once he marries than he gains, highest most Nigerian men gain in marriage in Nigeria marriage setting is heir (children) to continue his lineage and this is one of the paramount things most Nigerian men desire from marriage.

But a Nigerian lady that marries the right man is guaranteed of:

1.) Lifetime financial security without worries; whether she works and earns money or not doesn't matter again.

2.) Guaranteed safe sex; of course women love sex more than men, they are only good in hiding or holding their urge for it more than men, but will unleash the sexual demon in them once they marry the right man.

3.) Guaranteed of security, shelter and self respect till death

4.) Guaranteed of the joy that comes with being a happily married woman with her own family

5.) She is guaranteed of having a defender, a protector, a provider, a helper, a warrior, a champion and a soulmate for life

6.) plus many other benefits I cannot just list here.

So like I said my sister, be positive don't be pessimistic about marriage, and leave the rest to God and your destiny okay.

I wish you all the best, God will surprise you with a good man, just be the best lady ready to be the best woman to the man that will come your way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Jeon(f): 2:08pm On Nov 11, 2023
NNEVERAGAINN:
Jeon you're unmarried, don't call men names. Not every men are like your ex’s. You have so many body count already, yet you still join the feminist gang to call men all sought of namesπŸ€¦πŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ...

I see your bitterness. Do try and send me an email again .You can't tell if I might accept it this time.

Nonsense. I don't do Johnny Bravo body shape.

8 Likes

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Dancebreaker: 2:16pm On Nov 11, 2023
Nigerian men may be terrible but from my observation 9ja women are just about the worst I have seen.

The most unfaithful set of women. (No unfaithful guy has the right to complain)
Bad/toxic manners.
Sense of entitlement.
Hardly bring anything to the table even when she works.

All the above rubbish their cooking and mothering skills.

Way less than 10% of 9ja women make good wives.

I have friends traumatised by wives' infidelity, dishonesty, diabolic practices and lately in diaspora, using their kids to punish ex-hubbies. Not minding impact of denying access on the kids. Men often refuse to go to court to protect the kids. Women have no such scruple.

The FEW good ones are REALLY good but majority don't deserve any relationship at all. You only have the right to complain about 9ja men if you are one of the very few good 9ja women.

To my mind, if 9ja women are the only ones left, marriage should be scrapped. Period.

If I can roll back time, I won't touch any 9ja woman with a barge poll. The most terrible beings.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by ukaface(f): 2:19pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
Their hypocrisy stinks to high heavens. Same men that said they don't benefit from Marriage or Nigerian women are useless. They can't take half of what they dish out. Now Nigerian woman don help them solve their mystery they are wailing grin

The few intelligent ones have developed ways to balance their lives and enjoy their partners while the unthinking typical ones are busy crying on Nl.
Seriously o, they can’t take half of what they dish out
And the annoying thing is they can be so quick to tag someone feminist especially on NL, just raise a topic or concern against men, gbam! Feminist straight up, like their level of reasoning is so poor.

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by tosyne2much(m): 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2023
Dougad:
I came here thinking it would be in a ten reasons list like this nigga tosyne2much used to do.

Haha! I was thinking it would be in form of list too cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by fredagu: 2:32pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:

When I type these words, it's not from a place of hate towards men ( I don't hate anybody) It is from careful analysis of marriages to Nigerian Men which mostly lack genuine love, empathy and kindness. Nigerian Marriages are mostly driven by "needs" and "means" to an end. Too systematic and unnatural and the one with the highest bargaining chip gets the most benefit.

Our mothers didn't teach us enough about Men. They didn't know either until they got married, unfortunately they are still learning about Men too. That is why the popular saying "Ile oko ile eko ni" (Your husband house is a school) is usually the soothing balm to unfavourable experiences a wife has with her husband. One question I always ask myself when I hear these words as parting words of advice for young wife is. Does that mean she is getting married into a strange,unknown and possibly unfavourable world? Why represent her husband as an unending course? And will she ever graduate and be relieved of painful lessons?. Ask these women these questions and they will shake their heads in mockery but the truth is, They weren't taught enough about the Men they are getting married to. How would they when they didn't know who they are either. To understand another person there must be a certain level of self awareness you have reached yourself. This way you have enough level of intelligence to be a perfect judge of character. But when a woman believe all she needs to be is a good cook and good konji reliever then all she will seek is a man who has Kitchen and bed.

Men are the worst in this joke of an institution. Configured to believe all they need to posses is Financial ability to provide. The upbringing of the typical Nigerian Man is very very wrong. Trained with little to no empathy,kindness, self care, sense of belonging, self love but burdened with sense of responsibility brought up like a robot to "provide" only. Most Nigerian men are robotic minded, unable to connect emotionally without aide yet this men are expected to naturally see their brides as a part of themselves. Wishful thinking if you ask me. And when some men luckily achieve this, the society (Men and Women) mock him. Aside this, they don't readily know what they want and are easily tossed by the society.

We create a society devoid of emotional engagement but want the benefits emotions birth. Compassion and affections brings liberty, a man who lacks these will see his wife as his slave and property, he gets to do with her what he seem best and not what is good for her. We really have a long way to go as a Society.

you really been through a lot but we are all different human being are very different you can ever imagine
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Orlu13: 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2023
I don't know why some men are replying this op...now she will be feeling special abt the useless thread she opened

I blame the men here

4 Likes

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Kobojunkie: 2:56pm On Nov 11, 2023
cooooooks:
β–  Nigerian men must do better, have higher standards for themselves, regardless of what they have been conditioned to take as normal.

Use this same energy with all posts on NL Mrs. Kobo.
Let's equally bring an end to this culture of shifting blame for the foolish and irrational behaviors of Nigerian men onto their women. undecided
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Nov 11, 2023
deltateam:
β–  You know women even have more advantages in the labour market than men so don't even call it a competition.
Please stop mistaking your brain farts as facts. undecided
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by SPAMBOX7: 3:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
Example 2

They are too lazy to read, once it is not erotica magazine grin
Thing about hypocritical souls like you is after trying men in other countries and finding out they ain't even close to Nigerian men, you will end up marrying a Nigerian man then you will shut the fvck up like you never posted any of this trash.

Good luck finding a simp out of Nigeria. Cos that's what y'all looking for and they abound right here. This is the headquarter of simps.

You doubt? Go outside jam werey that will first start by splitting bills on first date make your mind dey. Ciao

4 Likes

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by greypencils: 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:

The danger of a single story. Do your research and you would find out that in many cases, the 'wife' is a huge problem that the gentlemanly husband has to put up with. When you as a man want equality with your woman, she perceives it as weakness and wants to assert dominance and authority.
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Chemlite: 3:32pm On Nov 11, 2023
Divoc19:
I can't speak for them, cant be bragging without proves. What I know for sure is, all my exes want me back. But I can't stay in one place for too long. I always leave first before it gets soar so that the good times memoir remains

1). All her exes, want her back probably for nackin, not for marriage.
2). She can't stay long in one place for too long, also shows it's community property, no one should make it personal.

It is now obvious that her boyfriend benefitted nothing, just pure hatred.

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Nonexisting1: 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2023
When a vaginarian keeps meeting redpillers all her life, she is bound to create a thread like this. I'm proud off all her exes and current boyfriends, they are making my gender proud.

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Postinor: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
Example 1

They can't keep healthy intelligent conversations angry
all I want to do is Bleep ur pussy

2 Likes

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Nahunger(m): 4:45pm On Nov 11, 2023
Nyascobar1414:
Evening Newspapers and Nigerian men be like oil and water...

They no dey mix πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Nahunger(m): 4:47pm On Nov 11, 2023
Goodlady:
To butress the op, Nigerian men lacked empathy. Empathy ll place them in the position of not questioning a lady that they are dating or married about finances, gifts, sex etc.
They don't realise that relationship is responsibility. They ll say what your father can't give you, you dey ask from me.
Why you come toast me (woo)?
As I come gree, am I not entitled to your resources?
They also lacked empathy of hurting their wives or female partners deliberately with cheating. They don't put themselves in women's shoe that how ll I feel if she's the one cheating?
Abeg make I no tok talk in order not to be misquoted. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‚
The violence is needed for cleansing of the minds of the reprobate dirty boys here that can't feed themselves but talk anyhow here against females.

Can you feed your self? If yes!! Why haven't you met a Cambodian man that is willing to love you unconditionally and manage your remnant kuntus πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

1 Like

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Nahunger(m): 4:49pm On Nov 11, 2023
Jeon:
πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

So I am not alone.

Watin be this πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by MyAmericandream(f): 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2023
peter0071:
Nations and other countries are running for Nigerian men... and you are saying these about the Nigerian men?? anyway, this is your opinion which i will respect....
enjoy your opinion... Cotonou men dey available sha. Make i link you?

Maybe you guys are good in bed. That’s what most of them say. You guys always have side chick back home sha. There are good Nigerian men that are not too complex, but they’re very very few.
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by MyAmericandream(f): 5:07pm On Nov 11, 2023
Persephone1:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Mexican Men all the way ✈️✈️

Mexican Men? Make I no talk grin
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by TheFinesseKid: 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2023
Magnoliaa:

Yes. Let those beautiful, delicious tears flow. Let it all out.
Are you done crying your eyes out? Small girlie πŸ₯΄πŸ˜‚
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by Magnoliaa(f): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2023
TheFinesseKid:
Are you done crying your eyes out? Small girlie πŸ₯΄πŸ˜‚

Welcome back. You can pick up from where you left off.

Use these as a booster.

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2023
MyAmericandream:

Was the topic even necessary undecided
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by benji93: 5:36pm On Nov 11, 2023
Maybe you should think about this again. No, you are not entitled to anything. Exactly what men have been complaining about, 'entitlement'. Some men may do it, and that's fine, but that doesn't mean it's a given. At least not until we are married.
Goodlady:
To butress the op, Nigerian men lacked empathy. Empathy ll place them in the position of not questioning a lady that they are dating or married about finances, gifts, sex etc.
They don't realise that relationship is responsibility. They ll say what your father can't give you, you dey ask from me.
Why you come toast me (woo)?
As I come gree, am I not entitled to your resources?
They also lacked empathy of hurting their wives or female partners deliberately with cheating. They don't put themselves in women's shoe that how ll I feel if she's the one cheating?
Abeg make I no tok talk in order not to be misquoted. πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜˜πŸ˜‚
The violence is needed for cleansing of the minds of the reprobate dirty boys here that can't feed themselves but talk anyhow here against females.
Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by benji93: 5:39pm On Nov 11, 2023
Talk to your fellows ooo. Na too much soap opera and dem say dem say dey cause all this nonsense.
MyAmericandream:

Re: Why I May Not Marry A Nigerian Man (opinion) by MyAmericandream(f): 5:40pm On Nov 11, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

Was the topic even necessary undecided

You guys always act like you’re perfect, once they bring up any issue about men you all will want tear the thread down. You guys also bring issues about women here, women don’t lament like you all. I understand how life can be so though for you all. But you guys should calm down ehn.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (21) (Reply)

Wife In Lament As Slay Queen Is Accused Of Dating Her Husband In Delta. Photos / HELP ! My P*nties Do give Me Orgasm When Walking / Getting Pregnant Before Marriage Proposal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.