Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos (30539 Views)

Aminu Dantata: I Am Just Waiting For My Time, I No Longer Enjoy Life / The Dantata/Dangote Story: How To Create A Dynasty Of Billionaires (2020) / Sayyu Dantata Flying His $2m Helicopter To His Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by omonnakoda: 4:04pm On Jan 25, 2023
jaxxy:

500 million is a average/medium business.
This classification is according to you,the Qur'an,the bible,or the Constitution
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:07pm On Jan 25, 2023
27Pushing30:

When have you ever heard of any government in the world supporting small businesses over big conglomerates?

Except in COVID times where have you heard that government saved small businesses?

Governments deal with the big boys and expect the trickle down effect to cascade across the value chain.

For example in real estate , BIG MAN builds a house or estate , Mid sized Man Takes the official title and markets the house or estate Small Man sees the advert, markets it too and if it’s his own customer that buys and pays funds 80% goes to the big 20% to the Mid sized sef man and 10% to the Small man.

Google trickle down economics
That's your imagination.
China and Japan are countries that directly supported small businesses and grew them to large ones. An example in China is Huawei and even Ali Baba.
Another example is the company called TSMC, the world's largest manufacturer of semiconductor chips.
Even in the US, venture capitalism is a model that exists solely for the benefit of startups and small businesses. Govts hardly ploughs money into big businesses. Big businesses approach capital markets and financial markets for capital.

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Abs76: 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2023
Flathead8:

He is Aliko Dangote younger brother from the same mother but different father's
https://pmexpressng.com/billionaire-sayyu-dantata-launches-450m-lubricant-plant-in-lagos/
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by 27Pushing30: 4:21pm On Jan 25, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

That's your imagination.
China and Japan are countries that directly supported small businesses and grew them to large ones. An example in China is Huawei and even Ali Baba.
Another example is the company called TSMC, the world's largest manufacturer of semiconductor chips.
Even in the US, venture capitalism is a model that exists solely for the benefit of startups and small businesses. Govts hardly ploughs money into big businesses. Big businesses approach capital markets and financial markets for capital.

Oga China did not assist Huawei

Venture capital is private equity and not Government equity

Government can only support business by creating the right frameworks , business environment, legislations, Tax incentives to small businesses GOVERNMENT CANNOT GIVE SMALL BUSINESSES MONEY that will “change the game” how many people dem wan give the funds? Where the money?

Don’t confuse Entrepreneurial sagacity with government “help”… also as a company grows and expands they obviously begin to get government connects who link them up to projects that further propel them.

My point is in the USA there are over 30 million small businesses… how many government wan help?

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:45pm On Jan 25, 2023
27Pushing30:

Oga China did not assist Huawei

Venture capital is private equity and not Government equity

Government can only support business by creating the right frameworks , business environment, legislations, Tax incentives to small businesses GOVERNMENT CANNOT GIVE SMALL BUSINESSES MONEY that will “change the game” how many people dem wan give the funds? Where the money?

Don’t confuse Entrepreneurial sagacity with government “help”… also as a company grows and expands they obviously begin to get government connects who link them up to projects that further propel them.

My point is in the USA there are over 30 million small businesses… how many government wan help?
Why don't you Google Huawei in the eighties before you begin to argue with me.

US as a capitalist economy has a strict policy of non-interference in market economy. It's why I mentioned venture capitalism as a parallel to direct govt intervention like we have in some other countries. Even at that, even the US have bailout options for small businesses under certain conditions of bankruptcy. And of course there's the low interest rates on loans which at a point in the US was actually 0% compared to Nigeria's average of 15-17%

And where did I ever mention govt giving small businesses money in Nigeria, China or anywhere for that matter? Don't misconstrue my statement just because you want to argue.
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by jaxxy(m): 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
omonnakoda:
This classification is according to you,the Qur'an,the bible,or the Constitution

and ur classification is according to who?? undecided
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by omonnakoda: 4:51pm On Jan 25, 2023
jaxxy:

and ur classification is according to who?? undecided
I have none
I do not make up stuff for no reason
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by UnabashedIPOB: 5:05pm On Jan 25, 2023
Flathead8:

https://pmexpressng.com/billionaire-sayyu-dantata-launches-450m-lubricant-plant-in-lagos/

Na dem dem! All quota system billionaires! What a sorry and hopeless country!
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by omonnakoda: 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2023
UnabashedIPOB:

Na dem dem! All quota system billionaires! What a sorry and hopeless country!
You are bitter
Eboe get stuff on merit but others are undeserving

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by UnabashedIPOB: 5:24pm On Jan 25, 2023
omonnakoda:
You are bitter
Eboe get stuff on merit but others are undeserving

Quota system billionaire!
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by omonnakoda: 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2023
UnabashedIPOB:

Quota system billionaire!
okay
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by UnabashedIPOB: 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
omonnakoda:
okay
Good!
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by kafeii123: 6:02pm On Jan 25, 2023
kettykin:

I know eleganza in Ikeja, I know big landed property owner by Abiola near airport, the only of such owned by a private individual . I am seeing some demographic changes , the Ogun and kwara guys are gradually being replaced by Kano boys. I could be wrong but just some observations

I was going to say that the Ogun and Kwara guys had access to cheap dollars and funds from the then Lagos (which used to be the capital) and Southwestern governing personnel.....now Abuja (the new capital) is firmly in the hands of Niger republic..Mali and Kano fulamen and women... Expect them to smile...

Our hopes and prayers... will be that they will all have stable boards running their organisation for sustainability...

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Backpedal: 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
ipob crew come and see the silent developers ! Not some 2 by 2 shop traders na we develop Lagos without us Lagos will collapse ! We are moving to biafra

Stop being silly

You are too old for this
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Backpedal: 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2023
baby124:

It’s ND doing itself with their greedy youth. Any major company that comes in, they carry gun and start fighting plus kidnapping. All regions in Nigeria that lack development are the ones doing themselves not even FG. Investors end up fleeing to Lagos. Something about a culture that has not future outlook. They eat everything for today.
That's true

Imagine Ondo state stupidly throwing the opportunity to house Dangote refinery

That he had to pivot to Lagos

Black folks and short sighted thinking
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Enwhen(m): 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
Are you trying to say Southerners are not backed by the Govt?

Yes... If u truly understand
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Enwhen(m): 6:16pm On Jan 25, 2023
Tobijays:
it is only Adenuga I respect, take away all these billionaires contacts and ther money to start all over again! It is only adenuga that will strive! Elumelu used his position and contacts to take over UBA

Bros if u are given that same UBA in Nigeria without govt backings , it would liquidate ...give it to Elumelu
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Enwhen(m): 6:18pm On Jan 25, 2023
ahiboilandgas:
big mouth .Arthur eze first contract was to build CTV kano .

He is doing well in the north ...no govt backing
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Tobijays: 7:32pm On Jan 25, 2023
Enwhen:

Bros if u are given that same UBA in Nigeria without govt backings , it would liquidate ...give it to Elumelu
what is this one saying! Go to twitter and see which bank got most complaints! So many illegal deductions moreover you must be extremely dumb to run your bank to bankruptcy! The biggest fraud in Nigeria is in the banking sector!
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by RealityGod: 8:52pm On Jan 25, 2023
Ikaeniyan0:
You talk as if no Southerner have ever rule Nigeria.

I maintain my comment and it applies to whether a southerner or a northerner is a ruler.

Did Jonathan not work towards the benefit of the North more against the South?
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Wipper7000: 9:44pm On Jan 25, 2023
citygarden:
Later the children of hate will still not happy with this News because their State is nothing to write about. Instead of them to channel their aggression to their governor to deliver dividend of democracy and development to them. Let their State to attract investors not looking for investors. They will be forming they developed all the whole world.
OR they will say Lagos was former capital of Nigeria. Tell them to go back to their huts, they will refuse. They prefer to die in Lagos. Ungrateful set of people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Wipper7000: 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
Philistine:

How can they lose what they never own? Yorubas are not indigenious to Lagos
CRY CRY

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by frog12: 10:12pm On Jan 25, 2023
the way these northerners have bamboozled southerners is laughable. they steal all of government money and give to their own. how an accountant general can steal 100 billion naira without help is just laughable
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Maski87: 4:01am On Jan 26, 2023
But where these people get all this money from,next week, now the will say it us tinubu that brought it
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by PointZerom: 7:14am On Jan 26, 2023
Roboto11:

Rubbish.

Would Dangote or Dantata run thier businesses themselves?

It is this your 2 by 2 thinking that makes investors detest your enclaves.

Yes with this my 2 by 2 thinking I was able to buy land in Oseni street OKOTA Lagos in 2002 and build my house there.

Tell me what your state IGR has done for your pocket. Igbos don't naturally depend on investors and Government. We hustle from tender age and it's paying off.
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Roboto11: 7:34am On Jan 26, 2023
PointZerom:

Yes with this my 2 by 2 thinking I was able to buy land in Oseni street OKOTA Lagos in 2002 and build my house there.

Tell me what your state IGR has done for your pocket. Igbos don't naturally depend on investors and Government. We hustle from tender age and it's paying off.

Mumu.

Thousands would work for Dangote and Dantata and own their own homes as a result.

You may not be educated enough to understand this.

1 Like

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by 27Pushing30: 12:44pm On Jan 26, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Why don't you Google Huawei in the eighties before you begin to argue with me.

US as a capitalist economy has a strict policy of non-interference in market economy. It's why I mentioned venture capitalism as a parallel to direct govt intervention like we have in some other countries. Even at that, even the US have bailout options for small businesses under certain conditions of bankruptcy. And of course there's the low interest rates on loans which at a point in the US was actually 0% compared to Nigeria's average of 15-17%

And where did I ever mention govt giving small businesses money in Nigeria, China or anywhere for that matter? Don't misconstrue my statement just because you want to argue.
I am not arguing I am stating a fact… but I like the fact you’ve noted the different economic systems

But here’s the thing America has generally low interest rates because of “who they are” and even larger corporations enjoy much lower tax, interest rates etc

My point I’m trying to pass a cross basically is that small business is NOT a priority to most governments in normal economic terms but I get your point now.
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:38pm On Jan 26, 2023
27Pushing30:

I am not arguing I am stating a fact… but I like the fact you’ve noted the different economic systems

But here’s the thing America has generally low interest rates because of “who they are” and even larger corporations enjoy much lower tax, interest rates etc

My point I’m trying to pass a cross basically is that small business is NOT a priority to most governments in normal economic terms but I get your point now.
You are not stating a fact young man. Even on the Wikipedia page for Huawei, it is stated there that it received and still receives state support.

Small businesses are a priority to emerging economies because they offer routes for homegrown tech and of course job creations.

So your point is still very wrong. I did a thesis on small businesses so I know what I'm talking about.
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by Enwhen(m): 9:31pm On Jan 26, 2023
Tobijays:
what is this one saying! Go to twitter and see which bank got most complaints! So many illegal deductions moreover you must be extremely dumb to run your bank to bankruptcy! The biggest fraud in Nigeria is in the banking sector!

So.u can't pass your message without insult ?
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by XAUBulls: 12:36pm On Feb 02, 2023
Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by XAUBulls: 2:53pm On Feb 02, 2023
omonnakoda:
Lagos state was created in 1967 It was never capital of Nigeria

Nothing in Lagos State was built with Niger delta oil because not it gave more than it received
It was partly Lagos money used to give twenty pounds to Board and in 1970
The decision to move Lagos to Abuja was taken 1975 and the FG deinvested in Lagos from then.
After 30 years with unprecedented investment in Abuja why is it not generating revenue like Lagos?
The simple truth is that Lagos has given Nigeria more wealth than any oil producing state
It is peaceful and that is why it attracts investment

Why is no one building a refinery in Delta state
Nicely put.

Lagos Island was the administrative capital of Nigeria NOT Lagos State.

Below is the map of Western Region under the governance of Chief Obafemi Awolowo's AG party, with the smaller Lagos Island as the capital of Nigeria.

Over 95 % of the landmass of today's Lagos State including Ikeja, Ilupeju, Agege, Isolo, Mushin, Amuwo Odofin, Ojo, Epe, Badagry, Ibeju Lekki, Ikorodu were under the governance of Awolowo and his successors till May 27, 1967 when the new Lagos State.

2 Shares

Re: Billionaire Sayyu Dantata Launches $450m Lubricant Plant In Lagos by zinizta: 1:01pm On Feb 05, 2023
babasolution:

Exactly, for all “ Nigerians " that's the catch word,the governor cannot arbitrarily deny non indigenes from owning land,he would be met at the supreme court

See what i was saying... The governors have the power to revoke residents C of O...

He that controls power determines everything

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria's 10 Richest Persons As Of 03/13/2009 / How Can I Start Filling Gas Plant Business? Please Who Can Help? / Nigerians React To CBN Subsidizing Dollar Rates For Muslim Pilgrims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.