Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,902 members, 7,821,141 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. (40346 Views)

COVID-19 Funds Scam: Lady's BVN Used In Collecting Nirsal Loan / Loan Companies In Nigeria & Their Contribution To Suicide In 2022 + Photos / Mayowa Olukehinde Of Breach Menders Unreachable After Collecting ₦50 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by GloriousGbola: 10:02pm On Jan 25, 2023
bassdow:

Latest versions of which app / OS ?

People like us don't mind using apps whose version was like 5-years ago so long it works.

na only whatsApp wey dey force person update be LATest version. As for OS version, I still dey like 7-versions ago. gone are the days I'm crazy about being on bleeding edge. Nowadays, hoping to be comfortable with button Phones as all these smart phones get distractions and not really worth it.

And just so you know, I'm above average user but when you sleep, wake & dine on a PC, you have very little use of a smart phone. I still dey Android 4.1 sef and have just 5-apps (WHOT game, WhatsApp, ES File manager which equally doubles as Music player, MX player, and Modified Chrome browser). No bloatWares because it's one of the very thing I do after getting a phone.

No Bank apps because I rely on POS (make ATM no swallow my card) & quickTeller.

issue with lots of apps and always chasing bleeding edge is it introduces lots of bugs and privacy issues especially for those who're security conscience.
Just like in Engineering / programing, Why upGrade / upDate, if it ain't broken.

As for buying LATest iPhones, no worry, in like 10-years time, e go don dey level of iPhone 4 or 5, so that poor stingy dudes likes us would be able to afford the tokunBo versions

If you actually are a power user as you claim, you would have noticed that when you try to install apps on an old apple device you will immediately run into a brick wall. This version of the app is not supported on your device.

When this happens, the only way you can get the app to install a lower version is if you have a device running an up to date version of ios.

An 'techie' who says why upgrade? You may as well stick to Windows 3.1 then tongue
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by bassdow: 10:06pm On Jan 25, 2023
GloriousGbola:

If you actually are a power user as you claim, you would have noticed that when you try to install apps on an old apple device you will immediately run into a brick wall. This version of the app is not supported on your device.

When this happens, the only way you can get the app to install a lower version is if you have a device running an up to date version of ios.

An 'techie' who says why upgrade? You may as well stick to Windows 3.1 then tongue

Did you read my comment fully to understanding ? or you just read to respond ?
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by felzokugo(m): 10:08pm On Jan 25, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

Simple question and you started talking about robbery and RPG

Can’t you just share your location?

Okay, what’s your car plate number?
Dnt b suprised...he lives ina plc whr he can show of d fone nd it'll b a big deal.
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by BloomingDale(f): 10:09pm On Jan 25, 2023
bassdow:

All those things are easy to fake. Even IMEI numbers can be modified. Some of us don dey modify am before apps to make it easy were born.

Might seem unnecessary but next time, equally try to confirm the IMEI on the device tallies with what's on the sticker and packaging just in case those dealers were sloppy.

The most easiest way to avoid FAKEs is to patronize their main shops and even then, be weary of their sales rep who could own a shop inside the main Shop

Yes, I also checked the packaging and the stickers and everything. I bought it from Jumia. I even had insurance on it.
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by Chemlite: 10:10pm On Jan 25, 2023
pocohantas:

Congrats once again. What do you intend using the laptop for?
Na to press, you no need to ask!
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by Gagzii: 10:14pm On Jan 25, 2023
ahnie:
So I got my share of our weekly contribution of four months.i decided to pamper myself with an iphone and a laptop.

This isoko bebe needs to pamper herself small,I intended doing something meaningful with the rest 300k left.

This are the evidence and dedication from the combination of my 3 hustles.
It's not grace or on God,it was hardwork.
Omote, mavor?
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by cococandy(f): 10:20pm On Jan 25, 2023
Gift96:

Please kindly give the old one out to me whenever you want to
Lol I gave it away. That’s what I meant in my earlier post

1 Like

Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by Samuel807(m): 10:30pm On Jan 25, 2023
ahnie:
So I got my share of our weekly contribution of four months.i decided to pamper myself with an iphone and a laptop.

This isoko bebe needs to pamper herself small,I intended doing something meaningful with the rest 300k left.

You are doing fine, next time I read about would be you buying a new Mercedes Benz or a mansion, not this toks cars Nigerian bloggers call brand new.. I'm proud you are from my maternal tribe. You never tell us what you do for a living.
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by WantsandMore: 10:38pm On Jan 25, 2023
bassdow:

which one is this one talking again. wetin concern God for here ?

see eh, if na by who worship God pass, una Religious leaders suppose wealthy pass even Government sef.

See God no do anything for her. Na She by herSelf (dis)Honestly made it possible.

No wonder people wey dey worship God dey hungry pass people wey no dey worship am.

mtcheeew
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by trumpcoat(m): 10:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
Its not hard work bro,its God and grace,God kept you till now to even collect your money,many are gone remember yet they have millions in their account
Its not hard work people Hawking bottled water, plantain chips and aboki digging well and drainage should be millionaire because they work harder than banker or any profession
Please be grateful to God always
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by morikee: 10:50pm On Jan 25, 2023
ahnie:
kiss kiss

Better hurry go deposit that Old notes or get new notes
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by nwetadinobi042(m): 10:51pm On Jan 25, 2023
Abeg help me tell me what these 3 hustles are, maybe i can learn and start mine
ahnie:

Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by ahnie: 10:53pm On Jan 25, 2023
nwetadinobi042:
Abeg help me tell me what these 3 hustles are, maybe i can learn and start mine
Go thru my previous topics,street hustle,
And weekly cooking gigs
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by GloriousGbola: 10:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
bassdow:

Did you read my comment fully to understanding ? or you just read to respond ?

Latest versions of which app / OS ?

People like us don't mind using apps whose version was like 5-years ago so long it works.

translation - people like you are not interested in efficiency, productivity and performance improvements. windows XP 'works' . but it took over 2 hours to install, while windows 7 installs in 20 minutes. traditional hard drives work. but you take 10 minutes to boot into your pc, while an ssd gets you up and running in seconds. usb2.0 works. but usb 2.0 means you will take 2 hours to copy a set of files you can copy in 10 minutes with usb 3, 3 minutes with thunderbolt. when you are a BASIC user. these things dont matter, because all you are doing is copying 1mb files anyway.

na only whatsApp wey dey force person update be LATest version. As for OS version, I still dey like 7-versions ago. gone are the days I'm crazy about being on bleeding edge. Nowadays, hoping to be comfortable with button Phones as all these smart phones get distractions and not really worth it.

today whatsapp has support direct migration from android to ios. the newest version of whatsapp supports more users in groups. that is just one example. when i hear a person proudly beat his chest and say - i dont update , what i see is a BASIC user, who only uses the app for chatting and nothing else.

And just so you know, I'm above average user but when you sleep, wake & dine on a PC, you have very little use of a smart phone. I still dey Android 4.1 sef and have just 5-apps (WHOT game, WhatsApp, ES File manager which equally doubles as Music player, MX player, and Modified Chrome browser). No bloatWares because it's one of the very thing I do after getting a phone.

very little use for a smart phone? lets see now - i use google maps with my phone so i can get the best directions when i am on a trip. i use it when i get back from the field to track where i went so i can pin point coordinates of locations.

for project related matters i use open camera, which can stamp dates and locations on photos. every picture on my phone uploads to google and i can download these later.

i have apps like todoist which are synced between all my devices so i can keep track of tasks i need done.

i have apps like pocket which are also synced betwen my desktop browsers and mobile devices so i can bookmark important information. i can access work emails on my pc or my phones.

i can access whatsapp chats on my pc and my phone. the latest version of whatsapp for pc allows you to make calls. you can eve use it if your phone is unavaialble.

my phone via authy is used for 2FA .

via one note it is used for storing and accessing important information

using microsoft family safety i can setup permissions for device use for my family on the fly.

with swifts app, i can activate data plans on the fly

i have outlined just a tip of the ice berg of how my phone and my pc are intertwined

you brag about using android 4.1 an outdated unsupported and forgotten os used today mostly by low quality chinese 'educational ' tablets - without realizing that so many features that were third party are now baked into android. which is what progress and updates are about.

feel free to continue in your delusions that you are some sort of power user. someone else who does not even know here is ios 16 was bragging about how his device running the latest version of ios. it is what it is.

No Bank apps because I rely on POS (make ATM no swallow my card) & quickTeller.

translation - i do not have much doing and my time has no value.

issue with lots of apps and always chasing bleeding edge is it introduces lots of bugs and privacy issues especially for those who're security conscience.
Just like in Engineering / programing, Why upGrade / upDate, if it ain't broken.

every two to three years microsoft updates visual studio. tvs have gone from crt to plasma to led to oled. android, linux, ios, macos, windows are all updated regularly

As for buying LATest iPhones, no worry, in like 10-years time, e go don dey level of iPhone 4 or 5, so that poor stingy dudes likes us would be able to afford the tokunBo versions

this is really the summary. rather than all this long and empty epistle - say it as it is. i dont have the money to upgrade. instead of this empty and meaningless epistle

i have wasted a lot of energy explaining to you why you are talking nonsense and why you a a poser with delusions of being a techie. you can buy a nokia torchlight and enjoy your privacy and static features. please do not disturb me again.
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by Gift96: 10:58pm On Jan 25, 2023
cococandy:

Lol I gave it away. That’s what I meant in my earlier post
Alright, God bless all the same

1 Like

Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jan 25, 2023
ahnie:
kiss kiss
shut up u got it from the last TDB
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by descarado: 11:45pm On Jan 25, 2023
ahnie:

You wan kum rob me abii?
I ve got lots of RPGs and double barrels.
I definitely love this.
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by descarado: 11:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
Ubdavis:
It's not grace or on God,it was hardwork

I love this
Very realistic comment majority of Nigerians hate

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by Sniper101(m): 11:47pm On Jan 25, 2023
Na you keep yourself alive
to dey do the "hardwork" abi

Barman, give ahnie one crate of hot slap.
Dj, play me "only a fool says there's no God"
...by Prophet Elijah feat Pharaoh

...make she dey play
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by descarado: 11:49pm On Jan 25, 2023
Xilsbridalhouse:
Even the wealthiest give Glory to God and you are here claiming it is not Grace ? If you had no life or good health would you be able to do that hard work ?

Abeg rest.

1 Like

Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by professore(m): 12:07am On Jan 26, 2023
ahnie:

who gave you the breath you were breathing while working hard? Who gave you the strength you needed to work hard? I guess you don't know God.
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by bassdow: 12:11am On Jan 26, 2023
GloriousGbola:

translation - people like you are not interested in efficiency, productivity and performance improvements. windows XP 'works' . but it took over 2 hours to install, while windows 7 installs in 20 minutes. traditional hard drives work. but you take 10 minutes to boot into your pc, while an ssd gets you up and running in seconds. usb2.0 works. but usb 2.0 means you will take 2 hours to copy a set of files you can copy in 10 minutes with usb 3, 3 minutes with thunderbolt. when you are a BASIC user. these things dont matter, because all you are doing is copying 1mb files anyway.

today whatsapp has support direct migration from android to ios. the newest version of whatsapp supports more users in groups. that is just one example. when i hear a person proudly beat his chest and say - i dont update , what i see is a BASIC user, who only uses the app for chatting and nothing else.

very little use for a smart phone? lets see now - i use google maps with my phone so i can get the best directions when i am on a trip. i use it when i get back from the field to track where i went so i can pin point coordinates of locations.

for project related matters i use open camera, which can stamp dates and locations on photos. every picture on my phone uploads to google and i can download these later.

i have apps like todoist which are synced between all my devices so i can keep track of tasks i need done.

i have apps like pocket which are also synced betwen my desktop browsers and mobile devices so i can bookmark important information. i can access work emails on my pc or my phones.

i can access whatsapp chats on my pc and my phone. the latest version of whatsapp for pc allows you to make calls. you can eve use it if your phone is unavaialble.

my phone via authy is used for 2FA .

via one note it is used for storing and accessing important information

using microsoft family safety i can setup permissions for device use for my family on the fly.

with swifts app, i can activate data plans on the fly

i have outlined just a tip of the ice berg of how my phone and my pc are intertwined

you brag about using android 4.1 an outdated unsupported and forgotten os used today mostly by low quality chinese 'educational ' tablets - without realizing that so many features that were third party are now baked into android. which is what progress and updates are about.

feel free to continue in your delusions that you are some sort of power user. someone else who does not even know here is ios 16 was bragging about how his device running the latest version of ios. it is what it is.

translation - i do not have much doing and my time has no value.

every two to three years microsoft updates visual studio. tvs have gone from crt to plasma to led to oled. android, linux, ios, macos, windows are all updated regularly

this is really the summary. rather than all this long and empty epistle - say it as it is. i dont have the money to upgrade. instead of this empty and meaningless epistle

i have wasted a lot of energy explaining to you why you are talking nonsense and why you a a poser with delusions of being a techie. you can buy a nokia torchlight and enjoy your privacy and static features. please do not disturb me again.

...if only I see value in countering your comments but I don't because, most people go south not because they know why, but because most others took said route.
Let's thank the inTerNet because it allows us appear knowledgeable

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by Weknowbetter: 1:10am On Jan 26, 2023
How do you define "pamper"?

1 Like

Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by Eaglesence: 2:02am On Jan 26, 2023
ahnie:

You wan kum rob me abii?
I ve got lots of RPGs and double barrels.

No worrey jus share the address fezz

grin
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by weljewel: 2:54am On Jan 26, 2023
Thanks be to God Most High for deliverance, revelation, direction, restoration, final victory, completeness, wholeness, activation of anointings back 2 sender and untouchable upon my life, Healing, recovery, exposing the hidden, health, body, mind, removing foreign bodies that are foul, that I serve the Lord God, and He revealed Himself to me.
Thank you Most Holy El Shaddai.
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by occfx: 2:59am On Jan 26, 2023
ahnie:

If this iPhone will not generate any money for you, you just wasted your contribution.
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by illicit(m): 7:19am On Jan 26, 2023
pocohantas:

No wahala. Sha don’t allow that your fake friend, whether na Zombie be im username, smile his way into your pockets. smiley

Did u type this from experience?
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by VULCAN(m): 8:11am On Jan 26, 2023
I thought the person behind this moniker had sense.

It's not grace but hardwork but you could have died the day before it was your turn to collect the contribution.

Or perhaps those who were to contribute decided not to when it was your turn to harvest - what would you have done?

Mtscheww

Would you be here flaunting your proceeds then?

Simple wake yourself up tmrw morning- you cannot do

Yeye.

ahnie:

Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by Tzar(m): 8:42am On Jan 26, 2023
I don’t like generalizing, but 99% of the Nigerian women I have met/dated are lazy & entitled. They are so many in Nigeria, I stopped looking..

I have chosen to date women from other nationalities whose values match mine.

cococandy:

Where are you seeing the numerous lazy and entitled ladies? Insert eye roll
Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by airsaylongcome: 8:55am On Jan 26, 2023
BloomingDale:

I checked the accessories, model no, IMEI, battery was 100%, IOS etc etc, but these people are slick so I won’t even be surprised if it is refurbished.

Next time I think I will just buy straight from Apple shop. No time to be checking for all that. Lolz

Hmmm...it's like you don't know Computer village boys. They can tweak the phone to report 100% for any battery. Yes save yourself stress and buy from Apple direct.

1 Like

Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by space9880: 9:01am On Jan 26, 2023
pocohantas:

Does iPhone really suck data? I am yet to notice this sha. If you spend all day on applications that are heavy on data, then data would be sucked na. I am sure it is not productivity apps sucking their data sha.
YES

Re: How I Pampered Myself After Collecting My Contribution Of 4 Months. by ZINNYBANKS: 9:28am On Jan 26, 2023
ahnie:

Go thru my previous topics,street hustle,
And weekly cooking gigs
Pls can u be my sugar mommy. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

POS Fraud Transaction On My Account / Banks To Pay Customers Money Sent From Abroad In Naira / Goats, Chickens, Fabrics Roast In Asaba Market Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.