Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,675 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:01 PM

A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding (39890 Views)

Pastor Folayemi Richard Beat Pregnant Wife To Coma 3 Months After Wedding / Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by 1stGenAmerican(f): 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2023
Tumbuleke:

She has never been to the states. She should know where he lives and work on paper though.

He passed away, he had no cause to fake it because he cherish her a lot

So if she wouldn’t have called his friend, she would’ve never known her husband was dead? Nobody called her to tell her? Did his family attend their wedding? When he first had the accident, why wasn’t his wife (who is his next of kin) notified by the hospital as hospitals are legally obligated to do? Who is paying for the funeral? Why isn’t she attempting to be at the funeral? Will she be reimbursing the person who paid for the burial because as his next of kin, she’s responsible for the burial costs and arrangements. How was his body released to anyone without the permission of his next of kin?
Legally, nothing about this is making sense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Tektronics12: 9:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
Answer: Fight for your Rights as next of Kin and Get a Lawyer. If the Partner has a Kid; share Wealth with Kids.

Goodluck..

1 Like

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by BlueDuck: 9:58pm On Jan 26, 2023
Tumbuleke:
Hello House,

Please, I need advise on how to console and encourage a friend of mine here in naija that heard the news of the death of her newly wedded husband who returned to the US after the wedding ceremony.

The husband lived in the US for so many years, he had a good woman/wife with two children. I don’t know if they were legally married or he settled with the lady and had kids with her for papers during his early years in the US.

Now, after years of being divorced or separated from the lady, I think a calabar US based woman according to him, he then met my friend at an occasion while he came to naija. He pick interest in her and proposed marriage, after like one or two years of communication over the phone. They got wedded seven months ago, and he flew back to the states. Communication continued via phone, until there was a break in communication, my friend here in naija tried to reach him but to no avail, until she called one of his US friend who went and confirmed that her husband was about entering his car packed on a hilly road, he forgot the handbrake wasn’t activated, and the car rolled with him to a tree…he had some fractures and rushed to the hospital. At a point, he was recuperating, although couldn’t speak to my friend on phone.Due to his extreme condition, I think the first wife came but shut every communication. So literally my friend was left in the dark until she heard that he had passed away.

His burial will be in the states, and his family here told my friend that they will come for discussion after the burial, probably for his properties which was gotten in both his name and wife’s name(my friend). Before his demise, he had told her how terrible most of his clans are, and how she should try to avoid them and keep things secret from them

How do I encourage her at this time and also the impending battle with her late husband’s family

They weren't married this is just you and your girlfriend hoping to cashout Nigerian style

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by jaxxy(m): 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2023
Tumbuleke:

This man has lived over 20yrs in US, although he comes to Nigeria Occasionally but never built even a room for himself. According to him whenever he send money for a project, the relative squander and steal it, thinking he has lots of money in the US. That’s the reason he had disagreements with most of his relatives, they are not even in talking terms with some. That’s what he told my friend, his wife.

He only managed to buy a bungalow when she came into his life, and that was partly her contribution as well, though majority of the fund came from him. What makes you think a man will write his name and wife’s name on the property if she has no input?.

Whether she contributed or not any document in both their names will go to her if she was legally married. it's left for her to know if she wants to make peace with the man's family out of respect for him or not and also considering it was a short marriage with no kids.

2 Likes

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by maridrug(m): 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2023
Tumbuleke:
Hello House,

Please, I need advise on how to console and encourage a friend of mine here in naija that heard the news of the death of her newly wedded husband who returned to the US after the wedding ceremony.

The husband lived in the US for so many years, he had a good woman/wife with two children. I don’t know if they were legally married or he settled with the lady and had kids with her for papers during his early years in the US.

Now, after years of being divorced or separated from the lady, I think a calabar US based woman according to him, he then met my friend at an occasion while he came to naija. He pick interest in her and proposed marriage, after like one or two years of communication over the phone. They got wedded seven months ago, and he flew back to the states. Communication continued via phone, until there was a break in communication, my friend here in naija tried to reach him but to no avail, until she called one of his US friend who went and confirmed that her husband was about entering his car packed on a hilly road, he forgot the handbrake wasn’t activated, and the car rolled with him to a tree…he had some fractures and rushed to the hospital. At a point, he was recuperating, although couldn’t speak to my friend on phone.Due to his extreme condition, I think the first wife came but shut every communication. So literally my friend was left in the dark until she heard that he had passed away.

His burial will be in the states, and his family here told my friend that they will come for discussion after the burial, probably for his properties which was gotten in both his name and wife’s name(my friend). Before his demise, he had told her how terrible most of his clans are, and how she should try to avoid them and keep things secret from them

How do I encourage her at this time and also the impending battle with her late husband’s family
Was he driving a manual transmission vehicle?
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by XAUBulls: 10:07pm On Jan 26, 2023
Tumbuleke:
Hello House,

A good lawyer will bring more clarity to this issue.
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by 1stGenAmerican(f): 10:13pm On Jan 26, 2023
Lionize:

Is the man from a part of Abia state?
Advice: get a lawyer involved. Sell all sellable that are in the city, convert to liquid cash, and then purchase other properties in your name. Don't touch anything in the village.
Private chat me if he is from Abia state. If you were legally married, you own whatever both of you owned. But some wicked brothers-inlaw, especially one particular part of Abia state (this one I am dead sure), though they may be wealthy, they will come to strip you of everything, even if you have little kids. But e get as you fit handle dem.

Sell all of his properties and use the cash to buy new properties instead of reimbursing the person that paid for his burial expenses?
Think about properties without being concerned about how and where her beloved husband’s body will be laid to rest?
Get a lawyer but neglect to sue the hospital that failed to contact his wife and eventually released his body to someone other than his next of kin for a huge amount of money?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by livenija: 10:25pm On Jan 26, 2023
Goalnaldo:
I'm sorry but Your friend (his wife) has a spiritual husband that got jealous and killed the us based man. She should go for deliverance from a strong man of God.
mumu
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Slynation(m): 10:29pm On Jan 26, 2023
Tumbuleke:
Hello House,

Let her use this period and accumulate whatever she can or those properties she knows her husband people doesn't know about...in essence let her settle herself very well, afterall, there will be no burial in Naija...!!
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by loadedvibes: 10:53pm On Jan 26, 2023
Odds are man is not dead . He living very fine over there .. lol grin

1 Like

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Thereishel: 11:01pm On Jan 26, 2023
She may not have much chance about his property except she's carrying his baby
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Mina79(f): 11:23pm On Jan 26, 2023
Tumbuleke:
Hello House,

If she doesn't have children, tell her to walk away quietly, God will open another door for her!

1 Like

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by winner37(m): 11:46pm On Jan 26, 2023
Wait just because he didn't activated handbrake the car roll and hit in a tree so what about herr in Nigeria we drive without handbrake...
Is so pathetic
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Tumbuleke: 11:51pm On Jan 26, 2023
TheGoodAmerican:
How did she contribute? Does she have any receipts as evidence? They were married for 7-months. The properties the man has must have been established before she came along. The man just died and all she cares about are his properties. Clearly, she's a golddigger trying to reap where she didn't sow. I hope his relatives in Nigeria ensures she gets nothing.

Nah, they knew for over three years before the wedding they had. The property in question was bought and renovated during those three years of courtship before the wedding.

She didn’t raise question about the property, I am just soliciting advice in case such circumstances happen
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by VawuIenceReturn: 1:37am On Jan 27, 2023
She killed the innocent man with her witch craft. How can man wey get sense leave oyibo come marry these smelling naija gehs with badluck
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by VawuIenceReturn: 1:38am On Jan 27, 2023
Mina79:
If she doesn't have children, tell her to walk away quietly, God will open another door for her!
if she has children she should walk away noisily?
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Neptunium(m): 1:47am On Jan 27, 2023
Seven months long distance marriage, no kid, she come dey claim for properties. We know an opportunist when we see one
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Nobody: 1:53am On Jan 27, 2023
To Command Power You Must Have This

Apostle Joshua Selman

Listen And Learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaEwt8NVF7Y
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Tumbuleke: 2:06am On Jan 27, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

So if she wouldn’t have called his friend, she would’ve never known her husband was dead? Nobody called her to tell her? Did his family attend their wedding? When he first had the accident, why wasn’t his wife (who is his next of kin) notified by the hospital as hospitals are legally obligated to do? Who is paying for the funeral? Why isn’t she attempting to be at the funeral? Will she be reimbursing the person who paid for the burial because as his next of kin, she’s responsible for the burial costs and arrangements. How was his body released to anyone without the permission of his next of kin?
Legally, nothing about this is making sense.

Good questions, but you have to read the original post, and the follow up post and understand the scenario, it was explicitly stated.

Now, he had an accident and was rushed to the hospital, I think I need to ask her how she knew he was in the hospital, but definitely I know the hospital didn’t call her l. Secondly, I don’t think anyone knows his next of kin, that’s is a sensitive topic you don’t want to discuss with someone based abroad coming to marry you. Also, he had a life before he met my friend…so probably one of his child is his next of kin because the child came from another state and met the dad not probably catered for in the house after discharged from hospital. The wife is left in the dark regarding the funeral arrangements, she is just getting bits and pieces from some relatives, who I suppose get some bits of information from the auntie based somewhere abroad (assumption). She’s never been to the states, don’t even know how to go about anything, don’t even know how to connect with the other family in the state, don’t even have the finance for the logistics , let alone attempting to attain the funeral….

So basically, his next of kin is bleak for now
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by AutoRedux: 2:22am On Jan 27, 2023
I see hoes in this house. Hoes in this house.

1 Like

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by dnapstar(m): 3:36am On Jan 27, 2023
I dey find gf oo, just arrived US, lonely.
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by okuta007: 4:13am On Jan 27, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

100% it does.

Does Nigeria have law?
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by okuta007: 4:20am On Jan 27, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

wink
Wise woman. I see that understand why I said she may be in for some surprises. I’ve seen men back in Africa do some crafty things and drafting two sets of papers, one set with the side chick or new wife’s name on it to show her and a totally different set with her name nowhere to be found is filed with official records. Very common. Death can bring many surprises. The man isn’t even buried yet and she’s a newlywed, why isn’t she mourning?

she is a thief and i believe her real boyfriend in naija is the one getting impatient for her to claim property so they can fv ck all over the house just to mock the man's memory - except for sake of sudden death - every man should sell all their property at old age and spend it lavishly - the worst ting ever in life is watching from the great beyond seeing your ex wife getting gbolarized on a bed you sweat and worked so hard to buy and using your remote control to your tv to watch p 0r n with your wife while they mock your memory and drink champagne

sell everything - use the proceeds to enjoy your last days on earth and make every body go hussle for themselves - wife ooo pikin ooooo everybodi hussle for yourself - simple as ABC angry

1 Like

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by okuta007: 4:24am On Jan 27, 2023
dnapstar:
I dey find gf oo, just arrived US, lonely.

just go buy vaseline and ready to do soapy for a while or go carry ashi and risk collecting hiv - the choice is yours bro cool
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by okuta007: 4:25am On Jan 27, 2023
VawuIenceReturn:
She killed the innocent man with her witch craft. How can man wey get sense leave oyibo come marry these smelling naija gehs with badluck

who no go no know grin
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by okuta007: 4:28am On Jan 27, 2023
post=120409179:
Odds are man is not dead . He living very fine over there .. lol grin

very true - that cause of death is not weighty and may just be a setup - the man may just be testing her and she is falling for the trap hustling for property already - INTERESTING!!!!! grin
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by okuta007: 4:31am On Jan 27, 2023
Slynation:
Let her use this period and accumulate whatever she can or those properties she knows her husband people doesn't know about...in essence let her settle herself very well, afterall, there will be no burial in Naija...!!

oghene biko angry make ona see advise oooo

As a US resident myself - I think I will advise my friends here to use this format to test people loyalty in naija - I bet everyone will fail the test- easiest way to porshu all those hanger's on from naija claiming they love you but deep down they are in love with your pocket not you grin
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by MemoriesAndMe: 4:31am On Jan 27, 2023
livenija:
Tell her sorry, make she find another greencard holder.
This is not a great comment for someone that just lost a spouse. What makes you think every marriage to someone based overseas is all about green card? Only starving people think like that.

3 Likes

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by dnapstar(m): 4:53am On Jan 27, 2023
okuta007:

just go buy vaseline and ready to do soapy for a while or go carry ashi and risk collecting hiv - the choice is yours bro cool
Shey condom no dey, abi na advanced hiv?? The ashi cheap?
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by CSTRR: 5:57am On Jan 27, 2023
This is what when people don't pray before following sugary things.
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by meobizy(f): 7:38am On Jan 27, 2023
I still never know wetin concern you for the matter. Tell her bad things happen in life and keep it moving.
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Slynation(m): 7:41am On Jan 27, 2023
okuta007:

oghene biko angry make ona see advise oooo

As a US resident myself - I think I will advise my friends here to use this format to test people loyalty in naija - I bet everyone will fail the test- easiest way to porshu all those hanger's on from naija claiming they love you but deep down they are in love with your pocket not you grin
Bro, If you read and understand the story very well, you might concur with me, probably his clan might go diabolic on her since they are very dangerous, worst case she lose her life...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Lover Owns The Twins Not You – Wife / Lazyreporta: A Nairaland Member Gets Married / Quintuplets: Keke Rider's Wife Gives Birth To 5 Babies In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.