Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,690 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding (39891 Views)

Pastor Folayemi Richard Beat Pregnant Wife To Coma 3 Months After Wedding / Gas Explosion Kills Lady In Jos, 26 Days After Wedding / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by livenija: 8:26am On Jan 27, 2023
MemoriesAndMe:

This is not a great comment for someone that just lost a spouse. What makes you think every marriage to someone based overseas is all about green card? Only starving people think like that.
they there make pant they wear u, almost all stories now na nija women pretending to b in love just to get wat dey want.

Sooo plz keep ur love story for corner
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by esosuo: 10:50am On Jan 27, 2023
This matter get as he be , if your friend don’t have kids for the guy in question and his kids in the U.S don’t have communication with this your friend she should just move on with the little stipends she got from the 7 months marriage because looks like a secret marriage and nothing meaningful would come out from it . Painful thought but not a wise decision to stay back to supervise project after marriage when people who have been in the states for long can move with spouse within weeks of marriage

2 Likes

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by ngwababe(f): 11:24am On Jan 27, 2023
If her name dey those document, she should sell them and go her way. There's nothing to be done to please wicked family members.

1 Like

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by okuta007: 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2023
dnapstar:
Shey condom no dey, abi na advanced hiv?? The ashi cheap?

i been don forget sef say condom dey exist - my bad, you are very right - with condom the risk of std/hiv is greatly minimized. 4 my life I never price ashi or patronize one before - weird i guess - but i do not blame men who do because women, even those who claim to love a man so much can lock up sometimes ehnnn grin that even the most principled man will be tempted to carry ashi out of konji embarassed
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by simplepee(f): 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Hi. I’m curious and would like to know what’s the average cost of braids. For example, what do you charge for the braids you posted on December 30th?
I don’t know the exact one you are referring to cos I posted two. Well the average braid is 7k(Average size, knot braid, two packs of extensions). Knotless braid is 10k for average.

1 Like

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by izibili44: 2:13pm On Jan 27, 2023
livenija:
Tell her sorry, make she find another greencard holder.
you be big were grin grin angry
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Lionize: 2:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Sell all of his properties and use the cash to buy new properties instead of reimbursing the person that paid for his burial expenses?
Think about properties without being concerned about how and where her beloved husband’s body will be laid to rest?
Get a lawyer but neglect to sue the hospital that failed to contact his wife and eventually released his body to someone other than his next of kin for a huge amount of money?

No, the husband's body is in the US. Obviously, she doesn't have any chance of going there. The warning shot has been fired by her husband's people. Convert everything to liquid cash and then make necessary expenses and wait for them.
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by livenija: 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2023
izibili44:
you be big were grin grin angry
he pass like dat? She dey form love
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by EgunMogaji2: 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
okuta007:

Does Nigeria have law?

Yes. But I suspect you knew that.
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by InvertedHammer: 4:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
Tumbuleke:
Hello House,

Please, I need advise on how to console and encourage a friend of mine here in naija that heard the news of the death of her newly wedded husband who returned to the US after the wedding ceremony.

The husband lived in the US for so many years, he had a good woman/wife with two children. I don’t know if they were legally married or he settled with the lady and had kids with her for papers during his early years in the US.

Now, after years of being divorced or separated from the lady, I think a calabar US based woman according to him, he then met my friend at an occasion while he came to naija. He pick interest in her and proposed marriage, after like one or two years of communication over the phone. They got wedded seven months ago, and he flew back to the states. Communication continued via phone, until there was a break in communication, my friend here in naija tried to reach him but to no avail, until she called one of his US friend who went and confirmed that her husband was about entering his car packed on a hilly road, he forgot the handbrake wasn’t activated, and the car rolled with him to a tree…he had some fractures and rushed to the hospital. At a point, he was recuperating, although couldn’t speak to my friend on phone.Due to his extreme condition, I think the first wife came but shut every communication. So literally my friend was left in the dark until she heard that he had passed away.

His burial will be in the states, and his family here told my friend that they will come for discussion after the burial, probably for his properties which was gotten in both his name and wife’s name(my friend). Before his demise, he had told her how terrible most of his clans are, and how she should try to avoid them and keep things secret from them

How do I encourage her at this time and also the impending battle with her late husband’s family
/

Let me assume that this fictitious friend is YOU!

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

The only way you can win is if neither the family in US nor his family members in Nigeria know about or the location of the house. You are not fully invested in the family to be fighting for his property.

/
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by InvertedHammer: 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

This is all starting to make less and less sense.

If your friend doesn’t get matters cleared up, pm me his name and what state he lived in and in a few hours, I’ll tell your friend everything she needs to know.

/

See as you want go inherit another person wahala. grin

/
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by SlyfoxxMadness: 11:35pm On Jan 27, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

Sell all of his properties and use the cash to buy new properties instead of reimbursing the person that paid for his burial expenses?
Think about properties without being concerned about how and where her beloved husband’s body will be laid to rest?
Get a lawyer but neglect to sue the hospital that failed to contact his wife and eventually released his body to someone other than his next of kin for a huge amount of money?

My dick is hard babe.
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Kobicove(m): 8:02am On Jan 28, 2023
God1000:
This is a complex issue, she's truly entitled to some of his property if she was legally married to him.

But she shouldn't get into dirty fight with the first wife and the husband family if things turn ugly

So after a marriage of just 7 months that did not produce any child you think she's entitled to property/

Did she contribute to the acquisition of the property?

What then happens to the man's children from his previous marriage?
Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by Henrypraise: 9:31am On Jan 28, 2023
Tumbuleke:

This man has lived over 20yrs in US, although he comes to Nigeria Occasionally but never built even a room for himself. According to him whenever he send money for a project, the relative squander and steal it, thinking he has lots of money in the US. That’s the reason he had disagreements with most of his relatives, they are not even in talking terms with some. That’s what he told my friend, his wife.

He only managed to buy a bungalow when she came into his life, and that was partly her contribution as well, though majority of the fund came from him. What makes you think a man will write his name and wife’s name on the property if she has no input?.

Manipulation is one reason why a man will write a woman's name on a property.

The man who couldn't get a property in over 20 years only managed to get one in Nigeria in less than 7 months after your friend came into his life, that's nice, I guess your friend must have properties littered everywhere in Nigeria to herself...

All I see is a gold digging, entitled woman trying to cash out, while you are probably the side meat wishing to take it all...

Its always selfishness and selfishness...

1 Like

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by okuta007: 12:55pm On Jan 28, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Yes. But I suspect you knew that.

it is well

1 Like

Re: A Friend in Naija Just Lost Her US Based Husband Just 7 Months After Wedding by SlyfoxxMadness: 3:20am On Jan 29, 2023
1stGenAmerican:

B!tch I said my dick is hard. You better come do something about it.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Lover Owns The Twins Not You – Wife / Lazyreporta: A Nairaland Member Gets Married / Quintuplets: Keke Rider's Wife Gives Birth To 5 Babies In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.