Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps (25428 Views)

A Governor Collected N500m New Notes From One Bank – El-rufai / Asiwaju Tinubu: Let’s Use Our Diversity For Prosperity. PICS. / Saraki: Let’s Use Democracy To Entrench Peace, Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by Cantonese: 3:03pm On Jan 27, 2023
CBN must proceed with the policy. Difficulties fira few days and then we will all adjust.

The same members of the national assembly have been the clog in the wheel of progress over the years. They quoted Soludo to drive home a yeye point that favoured them and the massive sums that they stashed away. The same Soludo in 2006 tried to introduce redenomination. They completely scuttled that wonderful idea that would have helped the economy.

The law empowers the CBN to control money in circulation. If CBN uses this opportunity without the interference of the reps, then we should have an improvement.

Politicians only view it from the perspective of vote buying. Only APC members lament. Jagbajantis intete.
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by Sattie11212: 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2023
Fiscus105:
To be candid to ourselves, CBN shouldn't be an agency of government that is supposed to tackle vote buying, if govt of the day wants to curtail vote buying, agencies like EFCC, ICPC,DSS, POLICE even INEC itself are the one who have jurisdictions and definitely not CBN.
YOU LIED!!!
Go to banks, up till now, banks are still given out old currencies "over the counters", yet the money would expire next 4 days, Saturday & Sunday inclusive.

Why must citizens suffer because CBN wants to vote block buying?

Meanwhile, is CBN gov really fighting vote buying out of patriotism or mere fighting political vendetta?

Is CBN gov supposed to be political in nature ?

It would soon open to everyone ooo.
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by maasoap(m): 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
Slynation:
Oga no citizen is suffering because of New notes, deposit all your old notes in the bank, visit the nearest POS vendor and get the new notes, it's that simple. Banks prefer giving out new notes to POS operators than loading them in their ATM machine because they make more profits via POS services (words from an insider) but Nigerians are so much in love with free things, they rather queue at the ATM for 6 hours

May be you should give your address to people so that they can come to your house for new notes since most banks don't have.
Nigerians love free things, really? They provide their own electricity, their own water, their own security, buy transformers for DISCOs, enroll their children in private schools since public schools have become worthless, no mortgage, no issuance from the govt, no food stamp, no nursing homes for elderly citizens.
You're dumb
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by Sattie11212: 3:05pm On Jan 27, 2023
Fiscus105:
To be candid to ourselves, CBN shouldn't be an agency of government that is supposed to tackle vote buying, if govt of the day wants to curtail vote buying, agencies like EFCC, ICPC,DSS, POLICE even INEC itself are the one who have jurisdictions and definitely not CBN.

Go to banks, up till now, banks are still given out old currencies "over the counters", yet the money would expire next 4 days, Saturday & Sunday inclusive.

Meanwhile, is CBN gov really fighting vote buying out of patriotism or mere fighting political vendetta?
YOU LIED!!!

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by Sattie11212: 3:06pm On Jan 27, 2023
Fiscus105:

YOU LIED!!!
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by newnigerdelta00: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
Papichulostunne:
The truth is Femi is acting to the script of who made it possible for him to sit as a speaker. None of the front runner presidential candidates has said pem about the naira EXCEPT TINUBU. it goes to show you where the pain of the House is coming from.

From all indications Buhari has one last VETO to shock politicians in nigeria. Immediately he vetos it.. it is finished

Abeg make una follow me.buy or bring buyer

See link : https://www.nairaland.com/7540735/urgent-sale-four-4-plots

Which dirty script, you be fool o.
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by newnigerdelta00: 3:07pm On Jan 27, 2023
Thanksful:
Nah lie, we no want

Shut up,who be we
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by Gboom: 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2023
egopersonified:
What we don't see yet is the job loss waiting to hit the banking sector as we go cashless. What would be the need for bulk rooms in the bank when there is no bulk cash to pay? This is why all bank MDs and directors are in full support. They will receive N50 for every amount you receive and between N25 to N55 for every amount you send. More money, less salaries.

They are just using our hate for politicians against us and spreading news of policitians hoarding cash. This might be true, but the main purpose of this exercise is to go cashless.

My heart goes out especially to all bankers, begin to work on plan B now.

I am just racking my brain on how to tap into the tech hub.
God bless you for this comment.
I did transfer from one of my account to another, access bank deducted 150 naira.
The blame should be solely on CBN because by now the new notes supposed to have dominated the street by now
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by maasoap(m): 3:11pm On Jan 27, 2023
Slynation:
I don't know oO, maybe in your location...That is why Nigerians are the architect of their own problem, it's same charges in my location tho...!!

Godwin4444:
hope u know 10k is now 400
5000 is now 200 charge

50k is now 1200
The same thing my driver told me this morning, N200 commission on N5000 old notes. That's because POS operators know that they will pass through hell to get the notes deposited next week.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by ThEGodFaDa1: 3:14pm On Jan 27, 2023
PureFace1:

You think they can't buy votes with transfers on Election day if they really want to buy votes ? keep deceiving yourselves
Oponu! How many transfers can you do in a day? There's a limit to bank transfers. Thiefnubuu urchin.
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by ThEGodFaDa1: 3:15pm On Jan 27, 2023
newnigerdelta00:

Which dirty script, you be fool o.
May thunder do the needful to you.
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by maasoap(m): 3:16pm On Jan 27, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

but he's the only candidate asking for an extension. Even Atiku hasn't said anything concerning this, tinubu is the only one crying like a bush baby

Because Atiku didn't spend money during PDP primary election and he won't spend billions of naira again next month for the main election, that's why he's not saying anything? grin grin grin
New notes can't be Tinubu’s problem, you should have known without telling you. His connections cut across Nigeria, govs, ministers, commissioners, bankers will dump whatever amount he's going to need to prosecute the coming election at his doorstep.
Tinubu talked because he knows the economy and he's fearless

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by slimfit1(m): 3:16pm On Jan 27, 2023
jcross19:
forget about tinubu oooh!these guys are well connected , they can order the bank manager to give them new notes at anytime why you queue at the bank, the truth is that it's not dome anywhere in the world , this is pure wickedness that can turn the country upside down... The new notes in circulation is very scanty , I mean very scanty and when obasanjo did 100 centinary notes it wasn't like this at all.. From Monday you will know that the CBN got this one wrong!!.

Why are you guys worry about the design, I don't think you guys are hungry enough otherwise you won't worry about how it looks worry about the value.
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by maasoap(m): 3:19pm On Jan 27, 2023
Padipadi:
You are a common man.

I'm not that senseless, that common man is you.
This economic disaster of a policy is already affecting me. But I don't blame you, you don't deal with money everyday. You're jobless, it doesn't affect you.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by ThEGodFaDa1: 3:20pm On Jan 27, 2023
Godwin4444:
hope u know 10k is now 400
5000 is now 200 charge

50k is now 1200
Idiot! If you can't pay it then go to the bank and deposit it. Thunder fire you and your Thiefnubuu urchins
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by ThEGodFaDa1: 3:22pm On Jan 27, 2023
Minjim:

Why are you people so foolish because of hatred like this.
The deadline can never affect Tinubu but you and I. Tinubu just doesn't want anything to infuriate the people any further than they are. It might negatively affect his chances.

But because of hatred, most people can't see beyond their noses
May thunder do the needful to you and your fellow Thiefnubuu urchins.
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by slimfit1(m): 3:23pm On Jan 27, 2023
maasoap:

You should have known that people like @slimfit1 passed through school but school didn't pass through them. A lots of shop owners have stopped opening from today, some filling stations are already rejecting old notes. By the time economy is partially and visibly grounded next week, may be people like him will understand that you don't run economy like this because you are targeting just men (according to Zombiedients)

Can you actually say something with a point to back yourself up?
If people don't understand the value of the money is the most important then they have mental illness. CBN has given the note a value that is legal I don't know what exactly people want again.
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by NoToPile: 3:31pm On Jan 27, 2023
Slynation:
Oga no citizen is suffering because of New notes, deposit all your old notes in the bank, visit the nearest POS vendor and get the new notes, it's that simple. Banks prefer giving out new notes to POS operators than loading them in their ATM machine because they make more profits via POS services (words from an insider) but Nigerians are so much in love with free things, they rather queue at the ATM for 6 hours

Some people are so out of touch with reality.

Which POS vendor is with new note?

I was still paid with old note today, I withdrew only 3k at the POS in the market to buy fish after spending the new notes I took to the market .

I am saving the remaining new notes with me which took a miracle for me to get everybody at the market were transacting in old notes, every body was talking about this new note issue how they can't see the note.

The point is a big disaster is going to happen on Tuesday and it's the common man it will affect, the fish seller, the ugu seller, the aboki selling orange.

Then some of you will understand.

It's easy to speak Grammer online saying Nigerians like free things are we supposed to pay to get the new notes abi what are are you saying sef.

When everything collapses next week we will understand.

Let people be shouting politicians this and that, people that have bank managers at their beck and call and can request for any amount in New notes and they will get it.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by maasoap(m): 3:32pm On Jan 27, 2023
slimfit1:

Can you actually say something with a point to back yourself up?
If people don't understand the value of the money is the most important then they have mental illness. CBN has given the note a value that is legal I don't know what exactly people want again.

Show us those notes now!

1 Like

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by Gboom: 3:33pm On Jan 27, 2023
Cantonese:
CBN must proceed with the policy. Difficulties fira few days and then we will all adjust.

The same members of the national assembly have been the clog in the wheel of progress over the years. They quoted Soludo to drive home a yeye point that favoured them and the massive sums that they stashed away. The same Soludo in 2006 tried to introduce redenomination. They completely scuttled that wonderful idea that would have helped the economy.

The law empowers the CBN to control money in circulation. If CBN uses this opportunity without the interference of the reps, then we should have an improvement.

Politicians only view it from the perspective of vote buying. Only APC members lament. Jagbajantis intete.
You comment this because you think you are comfortable, think of common man on the street that does have access to electronic transaction especially those hawkers, retailers in the market.

CBN has fumbled because this time lag without appropriate distribution of new notes will cause hardship to majority.

All politicians that has the means to buy vote always buy
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by Slynation(m): 3:36pm On Jan 27, 2023
NoToPile:

Some people are so out of touch with reality.

Which POS vendor is with new note?

I was still paid with old note today, I withdrew only 3k at the POS in the market to buy fish after spending the new notes I took to the market .

I am saving the remaining new notes with me which took a miracle for me to get everybody at the market were transacting in old notes, every body was talking about this new note issue how they can't see the note.

The point is a big disaster is going to happen on Tuesday and it's the common man it will affect, the fish seller, the ugu seller, the aboki selling orange.

Then some of you will understand.

It's easy to speak Grammer online saying Nigerians like free things are we supposed to pay to get the new notes abi what are are you saying sef.

When everything collapses next week we will understand.
Sorry boss, no vex and well don't blame me, it was quite easier to access the new note in my location and I used that to generalized, that was me been selfish on own part, my bad...
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by NoToPile: 3:38pm On Jan 27, 2023
Slynation:
Sorry boss, no vex and well don't blame me, it was quite easier to access the new note in my location and I used that to generalized, that was me been selfish on my bad...

Lool it's okay.

Some people have not even held the 500 and 200naira.

Its 1k notes I have, what's the essence of the 1k if they will still give you old 200naira as change.

It's a very messy situation.

2 Likes

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by BennyDGreat: 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
Childofaking:
If you have a N100M cash stack in your safe at home, how do you take it to the bank without money laundering issue coming up.
That is the dilemma of some politicians now.

Oga that's not an issue for politicians.
This is Nigeria bro

1 Like

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by EgusiShankly: 3:40pm On Jan 27, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

but he's the only candidate asking for an extension. Even Atiku hasn't said anything concerning this, tinubu is the only one crying like a bush baby
Could be because he's the only one who seems to care.
Whatever intentions the CBN have isn't gonna benefit ordinary people, I can guarantee you that.

1 Like

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by Mevoha67: 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2023
Gzvzvd

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by Slynation(m): 3:42pm On Jan 27, 2023
NoToPile:

Lool it's okay.

Some people have not even held the 500 and 200naira.

Its 1k notes I have, what's the essence of the 1k if they will still give you old 200naira as change.

It's a very messy situation.
Lol... perhaps you should be making use of transfers before the old notes get stuck in your hands
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by tonyashburton: 3:45pm On Jan 27, 2023
Meffy said no!I'm not gonna let you extend the deadline.
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by NoToPile: 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2023
Slynation:
Lol... perhaps you should be making use of transfers before the old notes get stuck in your hands

Everyone can't receive transfers and one cant use transfers to pay for everything, I bought 400 naira orange gave him 1k new note, I got old 500naira and 100naira as change.

grin
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by Godwin4444: 3:47pm On Jan 27, 2023
maasoap:

The same thing my driver told me this morning, N200 commission on N5000 old notes. That's because POS operators know that they will pass through hell to get the notes deposited next week.
n some people still believe it is tinubu that will suffer

1 Like

Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by LaconicINC: 3:48pm On Jan 27, 2023
Never! The deadline stands
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by Rimsd(m): 3:55pm On Jan 27, 2023
Please CBN should not listen to those thieves 31st should be 31st, Buhari is doing well on this one. Tinubu should go to hell with his ugly druggy face...
Re: Let’s Use Old, New Notes For 6 Months — Reps by maasoap(m): 3:56pm On Jan 27, 2023
Godwin4444:
n some people still believe it is tinubu that will suffer

It's already affecting my income

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abba Kyari: Atiku Is Cameroonian In 'Flesh & Blood'. COS To Election Tribunal / Buhari Keep Reps, Senate Waiting As President Fails To Honour NASS Invitation / British Govt Declines Comment On Obi’s Detention By UK Immigration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.