Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,839 members, 7,817,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? (30684 Views)

My Son Looks Like 7up's Fido Dido, Help!!!! / Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now / What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by famouscargo4u: 4:32pm On Jan 30, 2023
Use aciclover for him and make sure he does not go out. He will be fine in about a week to 10 days.

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by arowz56(m): 4:33pm On Jan 30, 2023
SeriouslySense:
i had it also when i was little, i thought everyone had it.

It's not a good experience o. I stay alone but I minimized my movement and I didn't allow any visitor in my house. I was always naked and at night it's worst. Omo... E be like person won die. I used 7keys kinikan.. Na lie in fact one should be careful of that 7keys because of your liver. Best drug for chicken pox is aciclovir (kills it from inside), paracetamol for body temp and vitami C to help hormone fight it too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by annford: 4:34pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:
I recently noticed my boy complaining of itching on his back. When I checked I noticed is boil. I quickly googled it and found out is chickenpox.

I took him to a chemist and it was diagnosed as one. Please house what must have caused it?

Picture attached.

Viewer discretion nlfpmod

hot weather is a major promotor of all poxes.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Sixfeetbelle: 4:35pm On Jan 30, 2023
saintopus:

There is really nothing to fear about the sickness is really not a deadly one.

After this one, he will never have it again till death.

Its an autoimmune kind of disease.

You may likely notice that some members of the family may contact it while others will not.

You only contact it once in a lifetime.

It may not return again.

He might have lots of discomfort at night.

Gove him paracetamol if need be.

Really? Cause I know a make friend that got it in his adulthood.

Abi nah smallpox he got?
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by omonnakoda: 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:
I recently noticed my boy complaining of itching on his back. When I checked I noticed is boil. I quickly googled it and found out is chickenpox.

I took him to a chemist and it was diagnosed as one. Please house what must have caused it?

Picture attached.

Too much chicken
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by stagger: 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
Why are people talking of vaccination against chicken pox? A disease that does not kill and which confers lifelong immunity?
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Porpulace: 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

Picture attached.

Take him to the nearest hospital, Ma.

It's a viral infection. With or without your intervention, it will run its course after some days.

He only needs something for the pain and to reduce itching.

Don't allow him scratch too much so he won't have permanent scars at the end.

Antibiotics aren't really needed except for fear of secondary bacterial infection.

Calamine lotion may also help

Otherwise, he will be fine in a few days.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by omonnakoda: 4:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
saintopus:

You may likely notice that some members of the family may contact it while others will not.

It may not return again.

It is not an autoimmune disease
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by bot227(f): 4:39pm On Jan 30, 2023
Get Neem leaves, cook it and bath him with it. It will take it natural cause. Learn not to scratch it because the aftermath of that is worse. It leaves a forever scar on the body
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by SIRKAY98(m): 4:41pm On Jan 30, 2023
Please avoid giving him injection for now.
Get the following

Get Calamine losion from pharmacy and be rubbing it in the body
Fecth bitter leave and squeeze out the water, add hot drink and use it to rub his body everytime
Get Ose Ero from iya alagbo in your area.
Within 1 week it will disappear. this happened to my boy last year December.

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by AdaAwka1: 4:44pm On Jan 30, 2023
heat. it will run its course and wont show up again
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by LuvsBeautifl: 4:46pm On Jan 30, 2023
Now this is one of the issue I have with vaccines. What is the use of vaccines of it cannot prevent the disease?

The immune response from the body will be generated by this actual event, that is why your child may not suffer it after contracting the virus, but not after the vaccine.

Let me ask, was he vaccinated recently or any child vaccinated recently that you know of?

They say vaccine reduces the symptoms, I'm yet to find a case like that. Most times when these viruses hit, there is almost no difference between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by DoxxAnon: 4:49pm On Jan 30, 2023
Why am i seeing antibiotics as part of the treatment for what is a viral infection?
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by OvertheTop(m): 4:50pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

Picture attached.

You must have it Once in a Lifetime.
he Must have picked it up from school.

With this, anyone in your home that has not had it before will likely be Infected.....

Make sure he doesn't go to school until completely healed
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by bigbauer(m): 4:51pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

Picture attached.

I would strongly suggest that everyone in your household should take Ampicilin or Amoxil. The best you can do for the child is get some pain relievers and also something to stop itching. ChickenPox runs its full circle, with severe itching being the last part of that circle, once the itching sets in, know that it has almost run full circle. It's a communicable disease, so ensure you all take antibiotics and vitamin C.

Try not to open the the blisters else it may scar for life.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by YeeboMuslim: 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2023
saintopus:

It may not return again.

You are largely right but chicken pox isn't an autoimmune condition. It's caused by varicella zoster virus (same virus that causes chicken pox and shingles). Spread is via contact and droplet
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Spandau: 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

Picture attached.

Viewer discretion

Too much chicken in his diet.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by julybaba(m): 4:53pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

Picture attached.

Viewer discretion
I had this infection in JSS3. It was caused by poor dietary hygiene & spreading clothes on the floor. I used to drink any water without checking if it was clean or not.

After I survived, I started paying close attention to my life. The experience was terrible. Itching, discomfort, headache.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by charles614: 4:53pm On Jan 30, 2023
Rush and buy 7 kiss Aladin
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Akinya17: 4:53pm On Jan 30, 2023
This is the season. Give him alot of fluid like juice. You can make it yourself. Apple, carrots, pine apple, orange etc. This will help to build his immunity and prevent him from losing appetite.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by MemoriesAndMe: 4:54pm On Jan 30, 2023
Instead of assuming it's chicken pox from your Google search, why not take him to the hospital to be properly diagnosed? There are talks about monkey pox and a few others that could spread like that. I'm sure there are treatments for it.

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by lovinagbad: 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2023
You took your son to a chemist for diagnosis. You see Nigerians ignorance? Nah wah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by VeryWickedGoat: 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2023
Juanmike:
I never had I never will.

Ok Mr. Reptile.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Brittbreaker: 4:57pm On Jan 30, 2023
Cause is lack of vaccination when he was a baby. Its never too late though. It can still be treated.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by VeryWickedGoat: 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2023
KingAzubuike:

Una too dey over estimate this palmoil.. person drink poison una go rush give am palmoil, sniper palmoil, pikin chop soap palmoil, chicken pox palmoil. Everything palmoil. Epilepsy palmoil

Hahaha

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Lerumo: 5:06pm On Jan 30, 2023
Please take your son to a good hospital for diagnosis and treatment.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by tonididdy(m): 5:08pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:
I didn't allow him to go to church yesterday and school today. I'm getting scared but after reading your input, I think a little relieve.

Lol don’t be
Go to a chemist and get calamine lotion to apply on the spots.
Don’t buy 7keys ginikun oh because it’s herbal and not nafdac cert and herbal is not adviceable for kids.

It should clear in a few days but the scars it will leave behind are the hardest part.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by YeeboMuslim: 5:09pm On Jan 30, 2023
famouscargo4u:
Use aciclover for him and make sure he does not go out. He will be fine in about a week to 10 days.
Antivirals might be useful only when given within 24hours of the appearance of the rash .
By the way, there's no need for the acyclovir .
Calamine lotion on the lesions and syrup piriton/loraradine would suffice for the itching.
Paracetamol for fever and keep him away from other kids.
Since he was vaccinated, he'd have a mild infection and he'd be fine in another week

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by DollarBuddy: 5:09pm On Jan 30, 2023
kenny714433:
grin
Too much of eating chicken.

This makes me remember my JSS3. πŸ˜‚

It was the month of burning hunger and scorching hot dry season.

A JSS1 student who went home for treatment returned back. After few days, he was admitted into the infirmary for chicken pox.

After few days, his friends contacted the pox. It kept spreading, till it resembled zombie apocalypse πŸ˜‚

In the midst of about 600 students, you no longer trust anyone. The school clinic was now filled to the brim and the school didn't sign students out for treatment.

Immediately you see a funny rashes during public bath, you knew it was your time. It came like death, picking people at random. Once you've been infected, the news spreads like wildfire and they begin to treat you like the lepers in the Bible πŸ˜‚

The scorching heat, the sweet and bitter scratch experience and worst still the discrimination made pox resemble the worst thing that could ever happen to humans then.

When the school got overwhelming number of those infected, they had to start massive fumigation and administration of good antibiotics.

If you've seen any scary Vampire movie, you will understand this story. Just a contact and you are gone.... When you see a funny looking rash on your body, you then realise that the world has come to an end for you πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I dont know why, but I laughed so much reading this grin grin grin
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Sweetvie: 5:12pm On Jan 30, 2023
It's caused by Varicella Zoster virus

Damn! I hate chickenpox 🀧
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by shantti(m): 5:13pm On Jan 30, 2023
i think everyone must get infected at a point in their lives after which they become immune to it
my little cousin infected me during mid term break when i was in jss2, so i unknowingly carried the disease back to school. i kid u not, i infected 70% of the students. it was a boarding school with lots of students, they almost cancelled lectures cos almost everyone was sick, hostels were just filled with sick student, we were admitted in hospitals in batches.

sharp students in their FBI fashion investigated and traced everything to me, i almost collect beating that day. hahahaha, memories

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by mechanics(m): 5:15pm On Jan 30, 2023
Maybe he got it from someone in his school, you have to be careful because it's transferable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Northern Italy Quarantines 16 Million People / 30-Year-Old Poly Nekede Graduate Allegedly Commits Suicide In Imo (Photo) / 15-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted In Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.