Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,918 members, 7,814,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? (30650 Views)

My Son Looks Like 7up's Fido Dido, Help!!!! / Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now / What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by olowoba2: 5:16pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:
I recently noticed my boy complaining of itching on his back. When I checked I noticed is boil. I quickly googled it and found out is chickenpox.

I took him to a chemist and it was diagnosed as one. Please house what must have caused it?

Picture attached.

Viewer discretion

Lol. Nothing to be afraid of. It means he never had it during childhood cos you can only have it once in a lifetime.

After 2 or 3 days, he will stop itching and after a few more days, every scar will disappear completely.

Relax.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Cyosaro: 5:17pm On Jan 30, 2023
Remember to apply milk on it to avoid leaving black spots. I had it few years ago when my son brought it from school.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by drsibz66(m): 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:
I recently noticed my boy complaining of itching on his back. When I checked I noticed is boil. I quickly googled it and found out is chickenpox.

I took him to a chemist and it was diagnosed as one. Please house what must have caused it?

Picture attached.

Viewer discretion

Paracetamol for pain
Calamine lotion
Syrup Puriton or cetrizine for the itching
Lots of fluids
Fruits and vegetables

Avoid milk on the rash and those sevens keys herbal medication and those strong antibiotics.
Chicken pox is not caused by bacteria it's caused by virus varicella zooster

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Exceed15: 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2023
He'll be fine.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by GoodIsGod: 5:24pm On Jan 30, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Then I suppose he's had his two doses.

He must have picked it up from someone close to him that's infected.

Do well to treat him well as advised by the health care personnel and take precautions.

It's well with him. Wish him speedy recovery and healing.

I don't think it is transferable from person to person o. It happens during the hot season. I contacted it in Gambia the first week I got there due to change of weather. Gambian heat no joke during their hot season.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by ametormi(m): 5:26pm On Jan 30, 2023
Pls take yr dear Son to the Hospital as quick as ever, do nt assumed or on self medications. most especially if yr Son is running non stop temprature at the moments. let the Doctor examine yr Son and and place him on necessary medication. it my be some kind of infections. am talking from past experience.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by drsibz66(m): 5:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
GoodIsGod:

I don't think it is transferable from person to person o. It happens during the hot season. I contacted it in Gambia the first week I got there due to change of weather. Gambian heat no joke during their hot season.

It's highly contagious bro.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by drsibz66(m): 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2023
DoxxAnon:
Why am i seeing antibiotics as part of the treatment for what is a viral infection?

Seems you are new to nairaland. They all have treatment, at the end of the day the will confuse the woman. I really don't understand how people will be giving health tips or prescribing what they know nothing about. Even the mechanics and election here go still prescribe with confidence. Terrible

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by JADESOLA15: 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2023
Go get original palm wine, and spray your house and give him some to drink 3 times a day.

Get Ewuro(bitter leaf, mix with palm oil or dry gin) rub it on him daily.

Then to stop others from being infected, there is this fruit that looks like watermelon, put it all over your house. ( Go to elewe omo in the market, they will tell you what to do)

All these medications and hospitals won't help, I have been there.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by greggng: 5:34pm On Jan 30, 2023
chrisifeanyi:
Get Calamine lotion and be rubbing on it and also buy Doctor Aladdin 7 keys herbal mixture and be giving him. Avoid scratching it. It will clear within two weeks. He can only have it ones in his lifetime.
I had it when I was even in year 1 in the university and those two things was what I used. Avoid scratching it

I could remember our parents uses fermented palmie and put it in there mouth and spit it directly to our eyes to avoid the chicken box from affecting our eyes ...Endomie children won't understand this
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Shorty1980: 5:35pm On Jan 30, 2023
heat
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by arsenic33(m): 5:36pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

Picture attached.

Viewer discretion

I've been through this before. I used drugs but it'd not work well.
Palm wine was recommended. Immediately I took the palmwine, within minutes the pains and itches stopped. Next day everything dried up and I was able to bath.
I recommend palm with my full chest for immediate relief.

Give him palm wine and thank me later

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by seborrhic: 5:37pm On Jan 30, 2023
SIRKAY98:
Please avoid giving him injection for now.
Get the following

Get Calamine losion from pharmacy and be rubbing it in the body
Please tell the audience what giving him injection with chicken pox would cause.
We also need to be educated
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by chrisifeanyi: 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2023
greggng:

I could remember our parents uses fermented palmie and put it in there mouth and spit it directly to our eyes to avoid the chicken box from affecting our eyes ...Endomie children won't understand this

You are right. The worst of it affects eyes and can cause blindness.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by seborrhic: 5:40pm On Jan 30, 2023
DoxxAnon:
Why am i seeing antibiotics as part of the treatment for what is a viral infection?

For superimposed infection.
All that difficult to stop scratching can open up some of the pores,with those dirty hands you may introduce bacteria into the pores of the chicken pox.
Hence the need for the antibiotics atimes.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by RoyalBlu(f): 5:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
GoodIsGod:

Direct contact with an infected person is a sure way of getting infected.

It's airborne as well.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Amayabor1: 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2023
saintopus:

There is really nothing to fear about the sickness is really not a deadly one.

After this one, he will never have it again till death.

Its an autoimmune kind of disease.

You may likely notice that some members of the family may contact it while others will not.

You only contact it once in a lifetime.

It may not return again.

He might have lots of discomfort at night.

Gove him paracetamol if need be.

Chicken pox is an autoimmune Disease?

Na wa for una o!
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by sulakishop(m): 5:48pm On Jan 30, 2023
Check the school...
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Amayabor1: 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2023
MeaslesMumpsRub:
Varizella Zoster. Shingles.
Your son has nothing to worry about. Give him acyclovir and boost his immune system with good for and vitamin C.
Chicken Pox is caused by Herpes Virus

I hope you know there is a difference between chicken pox and shingles. You seem to be mixing both up
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Youngqueen(f): 5:55pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

Picture attached.

You should have vaccinated him. I ensure my kids (toddlers) before starting school take the varicella vaccine against chicken pox and MMR vaccine against mumps, measles and rubella. Now the likelihood that this thing will spread among family members and other sch children He may have come in contact with is high. Keep him at home and let the virus run it's course

Viewer discretion
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by dagano: 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2023
You write like Frank McCourt.

Too much of eating chicken.

This makes me remember my JSS3. 😂

It was the month of burning hunger and scorching hot dry season.

A JSS1 student who went home for treatment returned back. After few days, he was admitted into the infirmary for chicken pox.

After few days, his friends contacted the pox. It kept spreading, till it resembled zombie apocalypse 😂

In the midst of about 600 students, you no longer trust anyone. The school clinic was now filled to the brim and the school didn't sign students out for treatment.

Immediately you see a funny rashes during public bath, you knew it was your time. It came like death, picking people at random. Once you've been infected, the news spreads like wildfire and they begin to treat you like the lepers in the Bible 😂

The scorching heat, the sweet and bitter scratch experience and worst still the discrimination made pox resemble the worst thing that could ever happen to humans then.

When the school got overwhelming number of those infected, they had to start massive fumigation and administration of good antibiotics.

If you've seen any scary Vampire movie, you will understand this story. Just a contact and you are gone.... When you see a funny looking rash on your body, you then realise that the world has come to an end for you 😂😂[/quote]
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Amayabor1: 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2023
stagger:
Why are people talking of vaccination against chicken pox? A disease that does not kill and which confers lifelong immunity?

Back in the 1990s, Chicken pox was causing deaths of children and infants.. The reason there is hardly any death from chicken pox today is because of vaccination.

Vaccination against chicken pox reduces it's severity such that even when someone later gets infected, the infection doesn't get severe.

Don't underestimate vaccination against chicken pox.

2 Likes

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Harmony92(f): 5:59pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:
I didn't allow him to go to church yesterday and school today. I'm getting scared but after reading your input, I think a little relieve.

There is no need to be scared ma'am, he will be fine atleast within one week. Always expose his body and use calamine lotion (rub his body) with pain relief drug.

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Harmony92(f): 6:04pm On Jan 30, 2023
This sickness almost ruined my skin embarassed, so itchy and painful.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by statesman6: 6:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
Did you immunize your son?
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Juanmike(m): 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2023
arowz56:

When you catch it, come to this post. I used to think like you till I caught it as adult last year

I am not you. I never had Chicken pox, I never had measles and Apolo and I never will. I am made different.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by davidl7: 6:15pm On Jan 30, 2023
Wash bitterleaf n give him d juice to drink. It will make d boils come out more on his skin n thats d step first toward his healing.

Rub him kalaman lotion.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by MeaslesMumpsRub: 6:21pm On Jan 30, 2023
Amayabor1:

I hope you know there is a difference between chicken pox and shingles. You seem to be mixing both up
Shingles is when the virus is reactivated from latency.
The first time one gets infected it's Chicken Pox, the second time its called shingles. Same virus, same strain.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by kernniejay(m): 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

Picture attached.

Viewer discretion
Take him to any General Hospital close to you, they are everywhere and are very cheap because they are owned by the government.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by NLPoliceWoman: 6:24pm On Jan 30, 2023
RTR
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Amayabor1: 6:38pm On Jan 30, 2023
MeaslesMumpsRub:

Shingles is when the virus is reactivated from latency.
The first time one gets infected it's Chicken Pox, the second time its called shingles. Same virus, same strain.

Both are not the same disease.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

653 New COVID-19 Cases, 305 Discharged And 6 Deaths On July 18 - (2755 Tested) / Foods You Should Never Eat After A Workout / Maternity picture of Lady who survived Breast Cancer Will Move You To Tears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.