Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? (30655 Views)

My Son Looks Like 7up's Fido Dido, Help!!!! / Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now / What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by olorundipe9090: 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
Save your stress
Stope using calimi

Get Ogogoro and Bitter leaf use on his body and give him to drink steadily and repeatedly know stop highest 3 days Otilo ....

MaryAye:
I recently noticed my boy complaining of itching on his back. When I checked I noticed is boil. I quickly googled it and found out is chickenpox.

I took him to a chemist and it was diagnosed as one. Please house what must have caused it?

Picture attached.

Viewer discretion nlfpmod
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by todaynewsreview: 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
Na normal normal joor
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Juanmike(m): 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
That's no Chicken pox. It's terminal...
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by EKONGKING: 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
Ok
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by JoshTim: 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
Get red oil and rub it all over his body
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Juanmike(m): 4:15pm On Jan 30, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:
Everyone will eventually contract chickenpox at some stage in their lives so the earlier the better. I got mine in my twenties and it shook me that day. I wished I had gotten it in my childhood.

The funny thing is it covered every part of my skin apart from my prick.
I never had I never will.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2023
Question: What causes chicken pox

Answer
Chickenpox is caused by the varicella-zoster virus, which is a member of the herpesvirus family. The virus is highly contagious and spreads easily from person to person through the air or by direct contact with fluid from the chickenpox blisters. Most people get chickenpox in childhood, but it can occur at any age if a person has not previously been infected or vaccinated.

Question: How can i cure chicken pox

Answer
Chickenpox is a highly contagious viral infection that typically affects children and young adults. The best way to cure chickenpox is to let the virus run its course, which usually takes about 7-10 days. During this time, you can relieve symptoms by:

Taking over-the-counter pain relievers like acetaminophen or ibuprofen to reduce fever and relieve itching

Keeping your skin cool and dry by wearing loose clothing, taking cool baths, and avoiding scratching the blisters

Applying calamine lotion to the affected areas to soothe itching and reduce redness.

It's important to avoid contact with others, especially those who are pregnant, have a weakened immune system, or have never had chickenpox, as the virus can be dangerous to them. If you're concerned about your symptoms, it's always best to consult a doctor.

what is the difference between chicken pox and monkey pox

Chickenpox and monkeypox are two distinct viral diseases. Chickenpox is caused by the varicella-zoster virus and is highly contagious. It usually affects children and is characterized by a rash, fever, and itching.

Monkeypox, on the other hand, is caused by the monkeypox virus and is less contagious than chickenpox. It is usually seen in remote rural areas of Africa and is similar in symptoms to chickenpox, but is often milder.

The differences between chickenpox and monkeypox include:

The causative viruses: varicella-zoster virus and monkeypox virus respectively
Contagiousness: chickenpox is more contagious than monkeypox
Geographical occurrence: chickenpox is widespread globally while monkeypox is primarily found in rural areas of Africa.

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 4:16pm On Jan 30, 2023
This thing can itch for Africa.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by ppogba: 4:17pm On Jan 30, 2023
Take your child to those that sell herbs.

Or better still, the old experienced mothers within your vicinity.

This is NOT the time to GOOGLE.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by DMerciful(m): 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
He'll be fine. I had it when i was little and transferred it to my siblings. We all recovered well and developed lasting immunity
MaryAye:
I recently noticed my boy complaining of itching on his back. When I checked I noticed is boil. I quickly googled it and found out is chickenpox.

I took him to a chemist and it was diagnosed as one. Please house what must have caused it?

Picture attached.

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by descartes400: 4:18pm On Jan 30, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:
Everyone will eventually contract chickenpox at some stage in their lives so the earlier the better. I got mine in my twenties and it shook me that day. I wished I had gotten it in my childhood.

Your wee wee was vaccinated at birth by your ancestors cheesy
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by olorundipe9090: 4:19pm On Jan 30, 2023
Either you like it or not in like it's a must

Ogogoro with bitter leaf.... 3days pere

VeryWickedGoat:

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by MeaslesMumpsRub: 4:19pm On Jan 30, 2023
Varizella Zoster. Shingles.
Your son has nothing to worry about. Give him acyclovir and boost his immune system with good for and vitamin C.
Chicken Pox is caused by Herpes Virus

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by olorundipe9090: 4:19pm On Jan 30, 2023
Dey play

Juanmike:

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Dshocker(m): 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

Picture attached.

Virtually everyone suffered from chickenpox when they were a kid.

Fear not.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Malawian(m): 4:21pm On Jan 30, 2023
Reason why you must completely immunize your kids during infancy. i no use that one play with my daughter. saves all these later years wahala.

MaryAye:

Picture attached.

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Lukuluku69(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

Picture attached.

Dry Season stuff.

It will wear off in 3-4 Days time. But it is contagious especially among kids

Just lessen the itching with the right drugs. That stuff no get cure.

Keep your Apartment well ventilated.

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by arowz56(m): 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2023
I had this as an adult last year and I must say, your son won't be himself. It's not a good experience. Though it will run its course but use calamine lotion (it didn't work for me) to reduce itchyness and go buy ACICLOVIR or ACYCLOVIR (same drug different spelling). Children dosage. It will really work and kill stop itchy and kill the virus from inside. Calamine lotion dries it from outside. If you don't like your enemy, just give them chickenpox.. Mind you, once you have it and it goes away, the virus stays in the body forever. Some people later have shingles...

MaryAye:

Picture attached.

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by TradeSunMoore: 4:22pm On Jan 30, 2023
RoyalBlu:

Then I suppose he's had his two doses.

He must have picked it up from someone close to him that's infected.

Do well to treat him well as advised by the health care personnel and take precautions.

It's well with him. Wish him speedy recovery and healing.

A viral infection, there is nothing really you can do other than the what you have done. Allow the infection to run it course. You can apply calamine lotion to reduce the itching and a pain reliever

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2023
i had it also when i was little, i thought everyone had it.
arowz56:
I had this as an adult last year and I must say, your son won't be himself. It's not a good experience. Though it will run its course but use calamine lotion (it didn't work for me) to reduce itchyness and go buy ACICLOVIR or ACYCLOVIR (same drug different spelling). Children dosage. It will really work and kill stop itchy and kill the virus from inside. Calamine lotion dries it from outside. If you don't like your enemy, just give them chickenpox.. Mind you, once you have it and it goes away, the virus stays in the body forever. Some people later have shingles...

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by adecz: 4:23pm On Jan 30, 2023
Nothing you can do apart from
making him eat well and apply calamine
lotion for relief and protection from
it getting infected.

Chicken pox is a viral disease that will
run it's course in about 2 week and the
young man will have immunity for life.☑️☑️

I fractured my arm as an 8 year old, and
while on PoP on my arm, I caught chicken
pox❗️❗️❗️See itching.

Surprisingly, this same disease that
rarely does damage to kids, can be very
deadly if adults catch it.

Wishing the chap fast recovery✌️✌️✌️

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Lukuluku69(m): 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2023
Malawian:
Reason why you must completely immunize your kids during infancy. i no use that one play with my daughter. saves all these later years wahala.

Immunization is good but sometimes, this things defy Immunization. Never missed any for my kids yet I remember a year they all had it.

It is a dry season stuff. Mumps, Chickens pox, rashes , heat rashes and stuff.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by KingAzubuike(f): 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2023
JoshTim:
Get red oil and rub it all over his body
Una too dey over estimate this palmoil.. person drink poison una go rush give am palmoil, sniper palmoil, pikin chop soap palmoil, chicken pox palmoil. Everything palmoil. Epilepsy palmoil

2 Likes

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by annyberry: 4:25pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

Picture attached.

go and buy bitter leaf ,wash it and put inside a bottle of schannap,give him small to drink den rub some of d mixture on his body..... within 3days it we vanish
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by onyxo76(m): 4:26pm On Jan 30, 2023
its viral ,so it wil run its course, just get calamine lotion, amoxicillin caps, pcm tabs ,vit c tabs and piriton tabs at night for the itching, he will be alright in a few days time, but dont allow him to go to school .i got mine in my mid thirties and it was quite a discomfort, nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by arowz56(m): 4:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
When you catch it, come to this post. I used to think like you till I caught it as adult last year

Juanmike:

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by euwalaka: 4:28pm On Jan 30, 2023
BROTHER SORRY FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHILD
THE TIME THIS THING HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER I USED WHAT WE CALL
IN IGBO NZU THAT IS NATIVE CHALK AND IT WORKED
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by faceland: 4:28pm On Jan 30, 2023
He wore someone's cloth or slept on infected bedsheets.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Nauttyprof(m): 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2023
You should visit the hospital for the Doctor to recommend the right treatment to address any likely discomfort from this. Discomfort would happen when there is heat.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by drololaaof: 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2023
saintopus:
There's really nothing you can do, the disease will run out it's life cycle and go away by itself.

However, as a mother a parent, you get disinfectant and pain relief drugs as well as 7keys to Power to soothe the inflammation and to other members of the family to take antibiotics and maintenance of good hygiene

Don't allow him to attend school for the period. This is important to cub possible transfer to other children
Good advice but Consult doctor for proper diagnosis, to rule out monkey pox and other related diseases
Drink water, pain relief drugs - paracetamol or diclofenac for who can tolerate it.
2 Calamine lotion and piriton \ loratym to relieve itching.
Stay at home till condition subsides
You are asking what it is - it is an infection or could be reaction to drugs - pam

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Blackdisciple(m): 4:29pm On Jan 30, 2023
Maybe chicken is the cause of it sha..
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Treadway: 4:30pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:

He's 5. Yes he has at the general hospital.
nothing to worry about. It is a mild disease that will run its course over a week. Just get calamine lotion for the itching. The vaccine he took can either prevent him from getting it, or as in the case of your son, lessen the severity if/when he does contract the chickenpox.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Foods You Should Never Eat After A Workout / Maternity picture of Lady who survived Breast Cancer Will Move You To Tears / Secrets Of Nigeria’s Illicit Codeine Trade Revealed - BBC Investigation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.