Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:02 PM

My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? (30642 Views)

My Son Looks Like 7up's Fido Dido, Help!!!! / Please Help, My Son Has Dandruff For Over 8years Now / What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by MadeMan01(m): 6:40pm On Jan 30, 2023
It's common in kids. Go buy calamine lotion. I had it as kid . Most likely some one in his school had it
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Afolue(m): 6:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
He must have slept on a bed that was infected. A bed used by many pple most likely or someone who had it already. Luckily enough it a once in a lifetime sickness. After this he can’t contact it again by any means at all….
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by refugee: 6:52pm On Jan 30, 2023
We are currently battling it at the moment including me, 48 year old man. It will come and go naturally, no cure for it, u can only reduce the pain and itching by taking pain relief medications and calamine lotion, 7 keys, Ewuro and ogogoro, also drink and apply palmwine on the body and sprinkle thruout the house and on everyone. Also get Tagiiri and put it in the house

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Emeraldswt: 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:
I recently noticed my boy complaining of itching on his back. When I checked I noticed is boil. I quickly googled it and found out is chickenpox.

I took him to a chemist and it was diagnosed as one. Please house what must have caused it?

Picture attached.

Viewer discretion

Probably it's d season, my kid had it, had to go and vaccinate others against it(has a different vaccine called chickenpox vaccine 1st $2nd dosage),u can't vaccinate him again cos he already has it.. it happens once in a lifetime, so after D's he automatically becomes immune to chicken pox.

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by ItsmeF: 6:54pm On Jan 30, 2023
Chicken pox is contagious, he must have picked it in school or among friends. Vaccinate any other child who doesn't have in your house ASAP. There is vaccine against Chicken pox which I guess you failed to give him.

[quote author=MaryAye post=120499909]I recently noticed my boy complaining of itching on his back. When I checked I noticed is boil. I quickly googled it and found out is chickenpox.

I took him to a chemist and it was diagnosed as one. Please house what must have caused it?

Picture attached.

Viewer
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by PerfectMan24: 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:
Everyone will eventually contract chickenpox at some stage in their lives so the earlier the better. I got mine in my twenties and it shook me that day. I wished I had gotten it in my childhood.

The funny thing is it covered every part of my skin apart from my prick.
I got 3 on my prick and 1 out of the 3 left a mark there till today
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Emeraldswt: 6:58pm On Jan 30, 2023
MaryAye:
I recently noticed my boy complaining of itching on his back. When I checked I noticed is boil. I quickly googled it and found out is chickenpox.

Picture attached.
D pains and itching no be here oo, pls make sure u don't run out of calamine lotion and 7keys.

Viewer discretion
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by kdmi(m): 6:59pm On Jan 30, 2023
Give him priton and strong antibiotics,then use the calamine
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by BRATISLAVA: 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2023
Beware of the second coming of chicken pox.

But really, how else do you expect it is gotten? How is monkey pox gotten? How are lice, eczema, ringworm, athletes foot and other such things gotten?

The things that shock people are shocking.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by BRATISLAVA: 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2023
Afolue:
He must have slept on a bed that was infected. A bed used by many pple most likely or someone who had it already. Luckily enough it a once in a lifetime sickness. After this he can’t contact it again by any means at all….

Really?
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Cutehector(m): 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2023
Kharol1234:
Buy kalama lotion and 7keys
which one is Kalama lotion grin grin Una funny o..

Calamine lotion please.

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by FreeFolks: 7:07pm On Jan 30, 2023
7 keys Aladdin+ Calamine lotion will do the magic within 4-6 days.

People around your child will most likely get it too. Your child must have get it through contacts I guess school where they play a lot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by dododawa1: 7:11pm On Jan 30, 2023
saintopus:
There's really nothing you can do, the disease will run out it's life cycle and go away by itself.

However, as a mother a parent, you get disinfectant and pain relief drugs as well as 7keys to Power to soothe the inflammation and to other members of the family to take antibiotics and maintenance of good hygiene

Don't allow him to attend school for the period. This is important to cub possible transfer to other children
God blessed you
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by ediko5(m): 7:13pm On Jan 30, 2023
Opportuneke:
Why not just save the boy’s life and rush to the nearest primary health centre rather than being inquisitive about the cause?

Don’t gamble the boy’s life by depending only on chemist prescription.

Visit a doctor once and for all.

What a brainless response.
Your little brain cannot also tell you that there are many senior medical consultants here on Nairaland.

Go through the comments to see mature and sensible replies unlike yours.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Kharol1234: 7:16pm On Jan 30, 2023
Cutehector:
which one is Kalama lotion grin grin Una funny o..

Calamine lotion please.
lol no mind me jare

1 Like

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by JoshTim: 7:21pm On Jan 30, 2023
KingAzubuike:

Una too dey over estimate this palmoil.. person drink poison una go rush give am palmoil, sniper palmoil, pikin chop soap palmoil, chicken pox palmoil. Everything palmoil. Epilepsy palmoil

That's to tell you palm oil is a neutralizer.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by TK9680: 7:31pm On Jan 30, 2023
madam,

must be your first child. This is normal. All my children have had chicken pox despite their vaccination. Some discomfort and head aches, but it runs its cycles and goes.

Please do not squeeze the boils. No big deal, but get advice from a qualified medical personnel.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Opportuneke(m): 7:45pm On Jan 30, 2023
ediko5:

What a brainless response.
Your little brain cannot also tell you that there are many senior medical consultants here on Nairaland.

Go through the comments to see mature and sensible replies unlike yours.

Thanks so much.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by mankan2k7(m): 7:47pm On Jan 30, 2023
I got infected with this infection immediately I finished from secondary school. It was so painful. I was taken to an hospital and the doctor priscibed some antibiotics to curb super infections by bacteria. The truth is that chicken pox has no cure, it is self limiting, a viral infections that goes on its own.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Ormorlehwah(f): 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2023
Go to the pharmacy and get ZINNAT or CEFUROXIME SUSPENSION syrup and CALAMINE LOTION. Don't put the calamine lotion in his mouth oooo, you rub it all over the body every 4hours, and let it dry.

Locally, you can get SODA soap and use it to bath for him. You can also squeeze bitter leaf and white ogogoro mixture, you use it to rub his body and dry and give him two teaspoons every hour.

Merci
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Akanoaaa(m): 7:49pm On Jan 30, 2023
Go and buy original palm wine and use it to bath him with bitter leaf
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Shakathezulu1: 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:
Everyone will eventually contract chickenpox at some stage in their lives so the earlier the better. I got mine in my twenties and it shook me that day. I wished I had gotten it in my childhood.

We dey the same shoes. Na my mama dey baff me all thru, till the stuff left.
My papa dey always laugh me, whenever my mum is giving me a bath.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Offpoint1: 8:13pm On Jan 30, 2023
saintopus:
There's really nothing you can do, the disease will run out it's life cycle and go away by itself.

However, as a mother a parent, you get disinfectant and pain relief drugs as well as 7keys to Power to soothe the inflammation and to other members of the family to take antibiotics and maintenance of good hygiene

Don't allow him to attend school for the period. This is important to cub possible transfer to other children
Don't recommend that 7keys to anyone before you add to their problems.

All children hospital advised against that drug
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by saintopus(m): 8:14pm On Jan 30, 2023
Sixfeetbelle:

Really? Cause I know a make friend that got it in his adulthood.

Abi nah smallpox he got?

If he contacted it at adulthood he will never have it again in his lifetime
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by nonstan(m): 8:17pm On Jan 30, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

I almost cried when I had mine in 2020, imagine Covid year and having chicken pox, everyone was avoiding me
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by Sixfeetbelle: 8:24pm On Jan 30, 2023
saintopus:

If he contacted it at adulthood he will never have it again in his lifetime

So he never had it as a child? Is that what you're saying?

Also, could it have been smallpox?
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by matm: 8:27pm On Jan 30, 2023
VeryWickedGoat:

You were lucky it spared your prick.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by bluefilm: 8:46pm On Jan 30, 2023
Chickenpox na one kain horrible disease o.

E betta make you suffer am as pikin than as an adult.

Because adult own na real wahala e be.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by mukthar2000(m): 8:47pm On Jan 30, 2023
You want to no what might have cause it OR solution to help the innocent little boy?

Op get original palm wine, rub it on his body and spray it inthe room to avoid transfer to other kids , then u talk me later.

BUT AVOID INJECTION PLS

BE WARN

Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by DlegendofGarden(m): 9:11pm On Jan 30, 2023
Palm wine is a good disinfectant for the disease. Some people make use of bitter leave water.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by lifenajeje(m): 9:17pm On Jan 30, 2023
chrisifeanyi:
Get Calamine lotion and be rubbing on it and also buy Doctor Aladdin 7 keys herbal mixture and be giving him. Avoid scratching it. It will clear within two weeks. He can only have it ones in his lifetime.
I had it when I was even in year 1 in the university and those two things was what I used. Avoid scratching it

I use God name beg u madam just use amplclox..

Don't try 7 keys oh ..the moment ur son takes it the rashes would come out wotoporioisky..

E go be like say them put rashes wotowoto for ur pikin body.

7 keys dey disfigure person abeg ..

Note: very important

Use amplicox for the infection , paracetamol for temperature swing , and vitamin B complex as recommended by the pharmacist ..

Use kalamine lotion to rub him morning afternoon and night

When getting kalamine lotion make sure the lotion is thick ..the watery one is not effective as u would end up buying more ..

Lastly use tetmosol soap ...

Lather his body with the soap wait for five minutes for his skin to absorb it before rinsing of the soap from his body

Use the soap morning and night ..

It will erase every sign of chicken pox from ur son skin so he does not end up with those dark marks associated with chicken pox.
Re: My Son Has Chickenpox. What Must Have Caused It? by nikky28: 9:20pm On Jan 30, 2023
In addition to what has been said, do not fall into temptation of bursting those, you will be surprised how they will disappear with time, but anyone you burst will give him scar for a while. I had it , and everywhere on face was covered with chicken pox, someone gave me same advise, but was too tempting , when everything finally cleared off, the two places I bursted was still there for few years, so please do not burst on your own, allow them complete the cycle. Thank God he is been vaccinated.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Baby Buhari Dauda Is Dead / 653 New COVID-19 Cases, 305 Discharged And 6 Deaths On July 18 - (2755 Tested) / Foods You Should Never Eat After A Workout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.