Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,022 members, 7,828,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” (21346 Views)

INEC Tenders Tinubu's Biodata Form, BVAS Report For 36 States, FCT / INEC BVAS Will Affect Our Tribunal Case. We Have 10 Days Left. Obi Lawyers / Some Of The Errors Of The INEC’s BVAS Machines, And The Suggested Remedies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by musicwriter(m): 3:07pm On Feb 01, 2023
I am NOT Emotionally attached to my race, tribe, religion, ideas, political inclinations, or ideologies.

My thoughts EVOLVE as new information becomes available to me.
I am intellectually attached to FACTS, and not to sentiments

The above is one of those things people say without a clue what they're talking about.

You couldn't have been UN-emotionally attached to something, yet you spent time writing an epistle about that very thing.

One cannot but be emotionally attached to his/her "race, tribe, religion, ideas, political inclinations, or ideologies." And if anybody isn't, then that person is very ignorant- the type of person that can sell-out his/her tribe or nation because they have no place to emotionally, psychologically or spirituality call home since they're not emotionally attached to anything.

Yet, the author's written material has already proved that he/she is indeed emotionally attached to Nigerian politics. It doesn't matter whether he/she is talking so called facts. You can also be emotionally attached to an intellectual pursuit, in fact, a good scientist or researcher is emotionally attached to their work.

Now, to my own thoughts about INEC and BVAS........

The Osun election has proved that you cannot have a free and fair election in Nigeria even with BVAS. Yet, (if we're dealing with real reality) I'll tell you that the problem is not with INEC or BVAS but energy frequency. But this is the part nobody is interested to hear, while we die.

You cannot copy an idea from a foreign language (English) and knowledge (education) and spirituality (God) and try to use it to solve your homegrown problem. It won't work!

Everything is energy frequency.

The English language is the frequency for those who own the language to solve their problem. Thus, their education (knowledge frequency) was created by them for themselves in their direct quest for knowledge. Their God was created too in their direct participation in nature to understand the unknown.

You cannot copy language, education, religion from foreigners and expect to create a functional society for yourself. It won't work!

You'll always get "putting square pegs in round hole syndrome" experience. Whatever decision you take (no matter how good intentioned) would mis-match because the foreign knowledge that created your solution is different frequency than the real homegrown problem (local frequency) you want to solve. Energy cannot be created nor destroyed.

When will Africans get it!!

2 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by ManAustin(m): 3:12pm On Feb 01, 2023
All these questions, who will dare to answer them, even if the necessary body decides to answer, tell me what answer exactly will you expect to hear? Na to put everything in the hands of God o because from here, me and u can do nothing o. Our voices are just ignorable noises o. It's our words against theirs o.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 3:25pm On Feb 01, 2023
sparko1:

Let's follow your process, there was an interruption and the result wasn't transmitted to the back end.

1. Which figure was then used to certify the result?

2. If the machine stops transmission, where does the information get stored on, on a temporary storage device which can be accessed? (we already said it can't be online because it stopped sending), if that is the case why do we need the BVAS in the first place?

The whole reason for the the BVAS is so information can be sent electronically and immediately, if the BVAS machine still have to be taken to the collation center and be checked manually, INEC have succeeded in nothing, no different.

3. I am a Computer Scientist, and from what I know, the information is already on INEC server, the information was uploaded into the database when we registered, so what the BVAS does is compare the information captured with what is in the database, once that is confirmed the individual is cleared and allowed to vote.

Once the voting is done, they don't need to Send pictures, the list of names and unique code is sent to the database for confirmation and collation.

It does not matter when the information is accessed, even during the voting, you should be able to see those who have been accredited by BVAS from anywhere, if this is not the case, then BVAS is USELESS.
In the Anambra Election of 2021,, the Accreditation was Online and Realtime.
But due to low data network service,, the accreditation was so slow.
Therefore, in Ekiti and Osun, the Accreditation was offline on the BVAS Device, but needed to be synchronised periodically as the election progressed.
But that shouldn't waste time.
3-mins or 5-mins intervals, or even hourly.
And synchronisation is not supposed to last more than 12-hours.

That is why we need INEC to be bold and explain what made Synchronisation to the Osun BVAS Details to waste so much time.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by engineerboat(m): 3:34pm On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

Those who say, there should be rerun are just clever by half,

May be they have not updated themselves with new electoral law.

The new electoral law is clear enough in English language

Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2)

under the Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2) says over-voting occurs “where the number of votes cast at an election in any polling unit exceeds the number of accredited voters in that polling unit, the presiding officer shall cancel the result of the election in that polling unit.”

Always complete the section you are quoting

Why not quote section 51 (3) and (4) and get yourself informed as well

Those saying rerun are very correct it is you that should update yourself
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by engineerboat(m): 3:36pm On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

Before you sound stupid next time , read Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2)
so that you dont promote your ignorance on social media

You can consult your lawyer, if you have one
And you were so confident telling me rubbish in your post above

My problem with your is that you only pick what suit your narration

Why not quote section 51 (3) and (4)
You don't need a lawyer to do that now
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by slivertongue: 3:41pm On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Thanks so much..

It just dey pain me so much, that Nigerians are not just asking the right questions at the right time.

They but INEC is dribbling everyone with semantics that don't add up

1 Like

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by franchasng: 3:47pm On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

This is one of the problems I am having with people like you, who come online with confidence and say rubbish.

You are so confident with this rubbish you posted when the new electoral law is clear enough
Are you going to tell me what BVAs is used for? In the new electoral law, can you vote without Bvas?

All these LP lite and PDP mole quoting law that they do not understand.

The electoral law is written in simple language. It did not say, election should be re run, it said in a clear language, that the presiding officer shall cancel the polling unit,

under the Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2) says over-voting occurs “where the number of votes cast at an election in any polling unit exceeds the number of accredited voters in that polling unit, the presiding officer shall cancel the result of the election in that polling unit.”

Next time do not put your mouth in matter that is beyond your knowledge and understanding
Presiding officer shall cancel the result while the election result collation is still ongoing but if over voting is discovered after results have been announced, what did the electoral law say?
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by JOemmy(m): 3:52pm On Feb 01, 2023
Tinibu is capable of anything I won't be surprised if he has heavily compromised the inec officials and even the tribunal judges I remember how this same adeleke won four years ago but the osun inec commissioner that was about to declare adeleke as the winner got a call from above and he stopped announcing the results and declared the election inconclusive even buhari himself later acknowledged that the election was rigged.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by jaxxy(m): 3:58pm On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
INEC shouldn't be playing with our intelligence this time around ooo..

4. If the CSRVS-Server didn't have all the results from the various Polling-units completely transmitted to it before the Results were declared, then they should let us know on time, let us know how we are judging them.

5. If the information that was contained inside the CSRVS-Server (that is, the final CSRVS-Figures after the results-transmission from the various BVAS-Machines were naturally completed) was totally different from the election results which they officially declared, then, they should also let us know about it.

We are tired of being kept in the dark.

All I know is u cannot over vote and not detect it immediately to cancel and have redone b4 declaring a winner. BVAS will/Should detect it b4 declaring the winner.

osun was even a simple election done alone not like the major general elections. It should not be that complicated.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 4:23pm On Feb 01, 2023
jaxxy:

All I know is u cannot over vote and not detect it immediately to cancel and have redone b4 declaring a winner. BVAS will/Should detect it b4 declaring the winner.

osun was even a simple election done alone not like the major general elections. It should not be that complicated.

So, what exactly happened.??
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by oludav(m): 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Dear NIGERIANS..

We Should Not just brush-off all these issues about the INEC’s “BVAS-Report” so quickly.

(The irregularities in the recent Osun Tribunal Judgement are just too glaring for us to just quickly ignore them).

INEC is keeping so quiet about these irregularities, and their silence is no more healthy for us any longer.

Granted that the Electoral Act 2022 gave them the powers to use any technological innovations for the sake of elections (which we have no problems with), it does not mean that INEC can come anytime in the middle of the game to introduce “Anything” they like, without prior sensitisation and “Public Notice”, and hope it would be accepted by us.

INEC released the Guidelines for the elections, and made it very clear that Polling-units results would be transmitted directly to the “Collation Support and Result Verification System (CSRVS)” -- (which, in normal terms, is supposed to mean the “Elections Results-Collation Server”), and from this central CSRVS-Server, all the other Collation Centers (both at the Ward levels, LGA levels, {and State levels -- in the case of Presidential Elections}) MUST CONFIRM their collated results before transferring to the next higher Collation Center.

This directly implies that the information about the whole Polling-units which is contained inside the CSRVS-Server must have been completed before the announcement of the Final Results by the INEC.

Thus, any person that requests to have the “BVAS-Report” is actually most-definitely requesting for the CSRVS-Report, and that is, “the electronically transmitted and collated results” which INEC supposedly used to cross-check and confirm the collated election-results as the election was going on..
And this CSRVS-Report is supposed to be very much available immediately the Official Results are declared, because it means that the results that were Officially Declared are also supposed to fall in line with the CSRVS-Report too.

So now, there are lots of questions that are begging for answers..

1. What exactly is INEC supposed to mean by the term “BVAS-Report”, and why didn't they produce the “CSRVS-Report” instead.??

2. Even if the so-called BVAS-Report is different from the expected CSRVS-Report, then, why was it that the CSRVS-Server got all its data completely transmitted from the BVAS-Machines before the results were declared, yet the same BVAS-Machines couldn't also immediately transmit the accreditation details that were contained inside them to the so-called “Back-end BVAS-Server”??
In other words, why did the so-called “SYNCHRONISATION of BVAS Data” in the recent Osun Election take INEC 40 days to complete, whereas the e-transmission and e-collation of results took them less than 24-hours to complete.??

3. Why then did the INEC not produce the CSRVS-Report together with the so-called “Synchronised BVAS-Report” when they were trying to defend themselves with regards to the earlier incomplete “BVAS-Report” which they released to the APC.??
(Or are they trying to claim that the CSRVS-Report is such a useless document, and would not have done well in defending their claims.?)

INEC SHOULD STOP HIDING IN SILENCE, AND COME OUT AND EXPLAIN ALL THESE FOR US..
Inec has really put us in darkness. At tribunal, forensic investigation was carried out on bvas machine. According to the experts, the result on bvas machine showed only 6 polling units where over voting occur compared with register and other forms. But bvas server result given to APC and PDP was totally different from the result on bvas machine being investigated. Can we say inec ICT staff compromised the result? But with forensic investigation, most of adhoc staff are free from this game. It is a big game play by big players.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by sparko1(m): 4:25pm On Feb 01, 2023
adesola89:
With regards to the figure used to certify the election results... The presiding officer checked the figure on the BVAS machine and enter into form EC8A in the presence of all party agents ( the results entered in form EC8A are not from the server)
Please note that APC agents in all these units signed the data written on form EC8As from the BVAS machine.

Please not that the false over voting occured in 1750 polling units across the 30 local governments in Osun State. It happened in other 1000 polling units where APC won. However, they only took that of 10 local governments to court because that is what will favour them.

Also, what I understand is that accreditation at the polling units do not require network to function but transmission of the accreditation data from the machine to backend server does require network.
Some of the presiding officers who should have waited for every accreditation data on the BVAS machine to upload to server are the major cause of the problem I must tell. Also, INEC IT officer who issued the server report without checking is another issue.

I think mistake of one INEC IT officer and untrained presiding officers should not be used to steal the mandate of Osun people.

I was in Osun State on election day and I can tell you in all honesty that there were no over voting but INEC personnel failed in getting the data on the machine get to the server.

Firstly, let me correct this, this is not an APC or PDP issue, the issue is about Inec and the BVAS machine, APC or PDP will certainly exploit the situation to their own advantage, if you think they want to get to the truth then you have a wrong idea.

Secondly, if the bolded is true, that mean everything is still done manually.

Look at it this way, if you have to pull the data from Inec server into each BVAS machine to take to each polling unit and then the BVAS machine returns before information stored can be accessed, what is the difference between BVAS and card reader? Nothing!

And if that is true, anyone can add new information to the BVAS before and after the election, it means we're screwed.

The exciting thing about BVAS was everything will be done real-time, if that is no longer the case, Inec should let us know.

For the BVAS to work, it has to compare new information (fingerprint, and other bio data data) with what is in the database, if the database can/is accessed manually, then manipulation can occur and that will defeat the whole purpose of an election.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by anomaly20: 4:27pm On Feb 01, 2023
NothingDoMe:
But it affected the outcome na. God abeg o 🤣🤣🤣
Lol, the few polling did not affect the overall outcome of the election
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by NothingDoMe: 4:53pm On Feb 01, 2023
anomaly20:

Lol, the few polling did not affect the overall outcome of the election
Hahaha. After the deduction who win? Winner nor change? Bop na straight up rerun.

Except PDP can prove there was overvoting in areas that APC won too. If they deduct finish and PDP still win then no rerun because e nor change the winner.

You Gerrit? Once over voting changes the winner or loser na rerun be that oh.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by garfield1: 5:20pm On Feb 01, 2023
engineerboat:

Check section 136
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

How did you now explain those that voted but are not captured in the Bvas?

Anybody can vote without accreditation because voting process is not done electronically.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 5:22pm On Feb 01, 2023
engineerboat:

It's been a while. How are you doing?
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by achimendy(m): 5:31pm On Feb 01, 2023
seunmsg:
Good points.

Very sensitive points.

They need to answer us.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by engineerboat(m): 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

It's been a while. How are you doing?

I'm fine hooo

I've been around just that i am very busy. Though once in a while a make my contribution and comments
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by engineerboat(m): 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

Check section 136

Section 52 comew before section 136 and its begins with subject to section 52

He refused to quote the 4 section of section he only picks the section that favour his narratives

This is and incomplete assertion which been clever by half he knows it himself

If he is sure of himself he should respond
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by garfield1: 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2023
engineerboat:

Section 52 comew before section 136 and its begins with subject to section 52

He refused to quote the 4 section of section he only picks the section that favour his narratives

This is and incomplete assertion which been clever by half he knows it himself

If he is sure of himself he should respond

Section 136 has settled it and bailed him
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Afamed: 8:26pm On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

Anybody can vote without accreditation because voting process is not done electronically.

What is then the usage of BVARs as allowed in the new electoral law?

Too many kindergarten on Nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Afamed: 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2023
franchasng:
Presiding officer shall cancel the result while the election result collation is still ongoing but if over voting is discovered after results have been announced, what did the electoral law say?

Tribunal is also empowered to cancel if the presiding officer fails to do it
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by franchasng: 8:50pm On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

Tribunal is also empowered to cancel if the presiding officer fails to do it
Is there a particular section of the electoral act that specifically empowered electoral tribunal to cancel result of polling units where over voting was recorded? I would love to know cos I didn't find it
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by franchasng: 8:51pm On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

Section 136 has settled it and bailed him
Please what did section 136 say? Can you quote it here please?
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by franchasng: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

Not true please. Before anybody can vote based on the 2022 new electoral law, the person must first pass through electronic accreditation using BVAS machine which would record and upload the persons data before the polling officer can issue the person ballot paper to proceed for thumbprinting
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 8:57pm On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

What is then the usage of BVARs as allowed in the new electoral law?

Too many kindergarten on Nairaland

Could you tell me your age? I can confidently tell you that I have been handling election in Nigeria for over 20 years. Deduct that from your age and tell me what remains.

Back to the point, you should have asked how.

Very simple, since voting is not electronic, higher political thugs to get the ballot paper, thumbprint and dump in the ballot box. Or snatch the ballot box from a polling unit, thumbprint, run to another polling unit and dump in the ballot box.

Nothing concerns accreditation here.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 8:58pm On Feb 01, 2023
franchasng:
Not true please. Before anybody can vote based on the 2022 new electoral law, the person must first pass through electronic accreditation using BVAS machine which would record and upload the persons data before the polling officer can issue the person ballot paper to proceed for thumbprinting

Very simple, since voting is not electronic, higher political thugs to get the ballot paper, thumbprint and dump in the ballot box. Or snatch the ballot box from a polling unit, thumbprint, run to another polling unit and dump in the ballot box.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 8:59pm On Feb 01, 2023
engineerboat:

I'm fine hooo

I've been around just that i am very busy. Though once in a while a make my contribution and comments

Remain blessed.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by franchasng: 9:15pm On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

It is electronic my friend, because before you vote, you must be accredited electronically via BVAS which has an electronic database.

So even if you snatch the ballot box and go thumbprint and dump in the ballot box like it was done in the past, you are wasting time cos what INEC know as the number of people that voted at that polling unit is those that got accredited via BVAS.

Any other vote is useless and void.

Nigeria's election starting this year is no longer manual voting unless INEC decides to do away with BVAS machine for accreditation of voters at polling units.

What we are doing now is semi electronic voting.

Accreditation is electronic but ballot casting is manual but the electronic accreditation will be used to checkmate the accuracy of the manual ballot casting, so snatching ballot box this time is useless sir
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 9:52pm On Feb 01, 2023
franchasng:
It is electronic my friend, because before you vote, you must be accredited electronically via BVAS which has an electronic database.

So even if you snatch the ballot box and go thumbprint and dump in the ballot box like it was done in the past, you are wasting time cos what INEC know as the number of people that voted at that polling unit is those that got accredited via BVAS.

Nigeria's election starting this year is no longer manual voting unless INEC decides to do away with BVAS machine for accreditation of voters at polling units.

Accreditation is electronic but ballot casting is manual but the electronic accreditation will be used to checkmate the accuracy of the manual ballot casting, so snatching ballot box this time is useless sir

Is your ballot paper electronic or manual? That's my point. It's a paper and you thumbprint manually.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2023
franchasng:

Can you identify the dumped ballot papers? No. The deed has been done and the aim of the person who does it or sent someone/guys to do so has been achieved.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

EFCC Chair, Magu, Gets Global Endorsement / 36 Presidential Candidates Beg Atiku Not To Challenge Buhari’s Victory In Court / Interstate Lockdown: Ugwuanyi Monitors Enugu-Ebonyi Boundary (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.