Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” (21356 Views)

INEC Tenders Tinubu's Biodata Form, BVAS Report For 36 States, FCT / INEC BVAS Will Affect Our Tribunal Case. We Have 10 Days Left. Obi Lawyers / Some Of The Errors Of The INEC’s BVAS Machines, And The Suggested Remedies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Parachoko: 9:00am On Feb 01, 2023
JAMO84:
The only reason why INEC declared Adeleke was because, they wanted to avoid inconclusive, otherwise, they would have cancelled some polling units due to over voting and declare re run, Adeleke would still have won.
I no even dey understand again

Some people go talk say Electoral law states there should be a rerun

Some go talk say Electoral Law states the polling units should be cancel.

Well, who knows when the case will start at the Appeal court?

Will the Appeal Court give a judgement before the Presidential Election?

2 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Afamed: 9:03am On Feb 01, 2023
Parachoko:
I no even dey understand again

Some people go talk say Electoral law states there should be a rerun

Some go talk say Electoral Law states the polling units should be cancel.

Well, who knows when the case will start at the Appeal court?

Will the Appeal Court give a judgement before the Presidential Election?

Those who say, there should be rerun are just clever by half,

May be they have not updated themselves with new electoral law.

The new electoral law is clear enough in English language

Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2)

under the Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2) says over-voting occurs “where the number of votes cast at an election in any polling unit exceeds the number of accredited voters in that polling unit, the presiding officer shall cancel the result of the election in that polling unit.”

8 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Parachoko: 9:03am On Feb 01, 2023
anomaly20:

Saying something that is not correct with confidence 😂.
Section 51 subsection 4 states that after a result was cancelled, and it does not affect the outcome of the election a return can be made .
I love your explanation

I doubt Adeleke will survive this if we are to go by rhis

2 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Parachoko: 9:05am On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

Those who say, there should be rerun are just clever by half,

May be they have not updated themselves with new electoral law.

The new electoral law is clear enough in English language

Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2)

under the Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2) says over-voting occurs “where the number of votes cast at an election in any polling unit exceeds the number of accredited voters in that polling unit, the presiding officer shall cancel the result of the election in that polling unit.”
Thank you

Will the case be rounded up at the Appeal Court within 30 days?

1 Like

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Danishguy(m): 9:06am On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

So,, why did the Synchronisation of the Osun details take 40 days?
And by extension, how long would the Synchronisation of the Presidential Election Details take.??

**Meanwhile...
Once Election is still ongoing, the results cannot be recorded in the BVAS and transmitted.
Therefore, the Election must end before the transmission can progress.
So, why wouldn't the BVAS Automatically Start the transmission of the BVAS Details immediately the PO opened the page for the recording of results and transmission.??
I think the inec synchronisation works like the bookmark function of a low tier browser it's there but not really there. What this means is inec can sit on results and give out whatever they wish for at the end of the day.

2 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by SmartPolician: 9:11am On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

Before you sound stupid next time , read Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2)
so that you dont promote your ignorance on social media

You can consult your lawyer, if you have one
And you were so confident telling me rubbish in your post above

First, you should be thanking me for telling you what BVAS is before stupidly sounding sophisticated.

Second, if up till Supreme Court that yeye tribunal verdict is not quashed, just know that this country is gone. I am not here to argue law with you; Nairaland is not a law court.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by DesChyko: 9:21am On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:
Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2) says over-voting occurs “where the number of votes cast at an election in any polling unit exceeds the number of accredited voters in that polling unit, the presiding officer shall cancel the result of the election in that polling unit.”

Noted. And what happens after the result is cancelled?
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 9:25am On Feb 01, 2023
pedel:
You are commenting on a topic that is way beyond your knowledge.
If I were you I would just read comments and maybe learn something along the way.

I need to employ more people to join me in this laughter! I have been taking part in electoral process for over twenty years. Who do you think you are talking to? I have worked as a presiding officer on many occasions, APO, Collation officer and registration officer.

I don't say what I don't know.

4 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 9:30am On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

Is there anything like synchronized BVAs in the new electoral law?

The synchronized BVAs results were gotten after 40 days of the election.
Where did INEC now get the results they announced Adeleke as the winner of the election on the second day after the election from?

Most of una are just clever by half

You are mixing two things, the result announced was based on the captured ones. It is captured and send. But accreditation was done on the BVAS from morning till end of the voting process. Result is just one file, but accreditation is gotten different files of individual data, it will be later compiled in unit data file.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 9:33am On Feb 01, 2023
SmartPolician:

It's safe to say that you didn't understand the points the OP raised. cheesy

I laughed in India. Op didn't understand what he is saying. Technology is what we are talking about.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 9:39am On Feb 01, 2023
sangresan:

You're confused.

Hahaha. You did not understand. You need to move closer to any tech guy close to you.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 9:41am On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:

Go and read what inconclusive means first.

Electoral Act 2022: Section-51; Sub-sections-3-&-4. (Rephrased and paraphrased)
3. If the election in a Polling-unit is cancelled due to over-voting, then the final results for that election should not be declared until another election is conducted in that Polling-unit (And that definitely is a supplementary election in those affected Polling-units -- in cases of “inconclusive” results.)
(See also: INEC Regulations And Guidelines for Election: Section-56.)

4. If however the final results for the election would not be affected by such supplementary elections (as would have been rescheduled in sub-section-3 above), and that is, if the “margin of lead” between the leading candidate and the second candidate is bigger than the total number of all the affected registered voters in such cancelled Polling-units (as contained in the Form-EC40-Series), then the final results for the election can be announced, notwithstanding those cancelled Polling-units.
(See also: INEC’s Regulations And Guidelines for Election: Section-57, and Section-100(iii).)

If after you finished reading these, and you still have questions, let me know.

Meanwhile, go and find the INEC’s “Regulations and Guidelines” and read too.,, so that you can understand more about the BVAS and Collation, and all those other terms

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 9:41am On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:

So,, why did the Synchronisation of the Osun details take 40 days?
And by extension, how long would the Synchronisation of the Presidential Election Details take.??

**Meanwhile...
Once Election is still ongoing, the results cannot be recorded in the BVAS and transmitted.
Therefore, the Election must end before the transmission can progress.
So, why wouldn't the BVAS Automatically Start the transmission of the BVAS Details immediately the PO opened the page for the recording of results and transmission.??

Many of you guys don't understand this tech issue.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Indispensable85(m): 9:44am On Feb 01, 2023
God bless you richly for this intellectual piece. You can see how decent this thread is because it's devoid of the zombiediots. They can't participate in any intellectual debate.

INEC has no excuse for producing another BVAS report 40days after election. Every sane mind will take that as an afterthought. So why did you announce a winner then? So where did they get the results with which a winner was declared? By the way,the BVAS report issued and certified by INEC to Apc was never termed incomplete or temporary. We only started to hear synchronize after 40days.

So how long will it take to synchronize the accredited voters across Nigeria in the presidential election? INEC is not ready for this election let them tell us ooo

6 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by garfield1: 9:48am On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Electoral Act 2022: Section-51; Sub-sections-3-&-4. (Rephrased and paraphrased)

If after you finished reading these, and you still have questions, let me know.

Meanwhile, go and find the INEC’s “Regulations and Guidelines” and read too.,, so that you can understand more about the BVAS and Collation, and all those other terms

Section 136 subsection 1-3 answers it better.we have discussed this before

3 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 9:49am On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

You are mixing two things, the result announced was based on the captured ones. It is captured and send. But accreditation was done on the BVAS from morning till end of the voting process. Result is just one file, but accreditation is gotten different files of individual data, it will be later compiled in unit data file.
Did you read the INEC’s “Regulations And Guidelines For The Conduct Of Elections 2022”??

Because they detailed a lot of things inside the document.

After capturing the photos of the results and sending to the Results Portal ONLINE (the ones we can view),, the POs are to manually key-in the results and transmit to the RESULTS SERVER, (Also known technically by the INEC as CSRVS)..

The results in the CSRVS are not in form of photos of Polling-unit Results.
CSRVS does Collation as well.

Go and read that document, understand it very well.
Then, combine it with whatever “tech” knowledge you already have..
Then come back and teach me more, because I am very ready to rub minds with you and learn more.

THAT IS WHY I REALLY NEED SOMEONE FROM INSIDE INEC TO PUT US THROUGH ON ALL THESE LOOPHOLES BEFORE FEBRUARY-25TH..

1 Like

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 9:55am On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

Section 136 subsection 1-3 answers it better.we have discussed this before
Those ones we discussed in Section-136 were supposed to be issues that concern the “Election Tribunal”.
And I understood everything you said inside that thread..

Right now,, we are looking forward to 25th February and beyond, which is still ahead.

Now,, let us try to use what happened in the past to predict what might be obtainable in the future....
If there was something that was known as “CSRVS”,, (which was supposed to have the complete data before the final results were declared), then, INEC should start telling us why they were so silent about it in the Tribunal.
And why they preferred to go ahead to produce a “BVAS-Report” that was not ready yet.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by garfield1: 9:56am On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

Many of you guys don't understand this tech issue.

You are the one that isn't understanding.it seems the card reader sends data faster than bvas...
Now when accreditation is ongoing depending on the bvas,they either transmit automatically or they are exported bit by bits but accreditation data are usually transmitted long before results and they dont need network unlike result uploads which even needs a special URL and a password.
Now assuming not all data are sent,some polling units would not have accreditation data.it will be blank.it is like when you are sending SMS with over 300 words.due to the size,hundred can be sent at at time..
Talking about biometrics,once a person presents herself for accreditation, it will scan his or her fingerprint or face to look for the match.that is the hardest or most difficult job of the bvas.sending the accredited figures is similar to sending numbers.it is not as heavy as uploading results

2 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 9:57am On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Did you read the INEC’s “Regulations And Guidelines For The Conduct Of Elections 2022”??

Because they detailed a lot of things inside the document.

After capturing the photos of the results and sending to the Results Portal ONLINE (the ones we can view),, the POs are to manually key-in the results and transmit to the RESULTS SERVER, (Also known technically by the INEC as CSRVS)..

The results in the CSRVS are not in form of photos of Polling-unit Results.
CSRVS does Collation as well.

Go and read that document, understand it very well.
Then, combine it with whatever “tech” knowledge you already have..
Then come back and teach me more, because I am very ready to rub minds with you and learn more.

THAT IS WHY I REALLY NEED SOMEONE FROM INSIDE INEC TO PUT US THROUGH ON ALL THESE LOOPHOLES BEFORE FEBRUARY-25TH..

I understand everything you are talking about. But the thing you are not getting is 'the result entered on the machine just like the phone number you dialed and send but accreditation is not like that in the process of synchronization.

2 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 10:02am On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

You are the one that isn't understanding.it seems the card reader sends data faster than bvas...
Now when accreditation is ongoing depending on the bvas,they either transmit automatically or they are exported bit by bits but accreditation data are usually transmitted long before results and they dont need network unlike result uploads which even needs a special URL and a password.
Now assuming not all data are sent,some polling units would not have accreditation data.it will be blank.it is like when you are sending SMS with over 300 words.due to the size,hundred can be sent at at time..
Talking about biometrics,once a person presents herself for accreditation, it will scan his or her fingerprint or face to look for the match.that is the hardest or most difficult job of the bvas.sending the accredited figures is similar to sending numbers.it is not as heavy as uploading results

I have mentioned this from my responses go through all. You will get my point.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 10:03am On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

I understand everything you are talking about. But the thing you are not getting is 'the result entered on the machine just like the phone number you dialed and send but accreditation is not like that in the process of “SYNCHRONIZATION”.
Na now you come.

So, describe this “SYNCHRONISATION” very well for me...

And tell me exactly why it wastes so much time, as compared to the transmitted results.

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by garfield1: 10:07am On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Those ones we discussed in Section-136 were supposed to be issues that concern the “Election Tribunal”.
And I understood everything you said inside that thread..

Right now,, we are looking forward to 25th February and beyond, which is still ahead.

Now,, let us try to use what happened in the past to predict what might be obtainable in the future....
If there was something that was known as “CSRVS”,, (which was supposed to have the complete data before the final results were declared), then, INEC should start telling us why they were so silent about it in the Tribunal.
And why they preferred to go ahead to produce a “BVAS-Report” that was not ready yet.

It seems we have to go back to card readers or inec sort out this accreditation issues.why wasn't this issues raised in ekiti

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 10:07am On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

I understand everything you are talking about. But the thing you are not getting is 'the result entered on the machine just like the phone number you dialed and send but accreditation is not like that in the process of “SYNCHRONIZATION”.
This now even leads me to the another question.

According to the way the Osun Tribunal went down, does that mean that the availability of the “Fully Synchronised BVAS-Report” is supposed to supersede and overcome the CSRVS-Report, owing to the reason why they didn't Provide the CSRVS-Report ---
And we are to bear in mind that the Collated-Results inside the “CSRVS-Server” was the actual “Back-end data” which was directly used during the election in question.

I am really really not understanding INEC oooo...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 10:10am On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

It seems we have to go back to card readers or inec sort out this accreditation issues. why wasn't this issues raised in ekiti
Starting from Anambra sef..
None of the failed candidates had ever had the guts to petition the BVAS Data..

Andy-Uba would have petitioned the results, but he was disqualified in the process.
In Ekiti, they didn't petition the BVAS Data.
Thus, Osun is an eye-opener.
And I am very happy that they petitioned it.
It would only make the process better and tighter.

2 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by garfield1: 10:13am On Feb 01, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Starting from Anambra sef..
None of the won candidates had the guts to petition the BVAS Data..

Andy-Uba would have petitioned the results, but he was disqualified in the process.
In Ekiti, they didn't petition the BVAS Data.
Thus, Osun is an eye-opener.
And I am very happy that they petitioned it.
It would only make the process better and tighter.

There was even issues with anambra results.from result portal,apc won heavily in parts of aguata and idemili north but inec didnt record it

4 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by garfield1: 10:13am On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

I have mentioned this from my responses go through all. You will get my point.

Where
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 10:17am On Feb 01, 2023
garfield1:

There was even issues with anambra results.from result portal, apc won heavily in parts of aguata and idemili north but inec didnt record it
Hahahaaaahahahaaaaaahahaa..
grin grin grin cheesy cheesy.
Andy-Uba was prepared to use those uploaded results to go to the Tribunal..
It would have been another big eye-opener again.

1 Like

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 10:20am On Feb 01, 2023
Fergie001, Feggie3, Penguin2, Naptu2.
I would like to have your inputs please.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 10:34am On Feb 01, 2023
Danishguy:
I think the inec synchronisation works like the bookmark function of a low tier browser it's there but not really there.

What this means is inec can sit on results and give out whatever they wish for at the end of the day.

THEY BETTER NOT TRY THIS NONSENSE OOO.!!!

1 Like

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 10:36am On Feb 01, 2023
inoki247:

maybe 3years plus 40days each for every state 😏😏😏
This better be a big Joke shaa..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Former ICAN & Nigerian Red Cross President, Emmanuel Ijewere Is Dead / APC Planning To Rig Election In North - Musiliu Obanikoro / Why Igbo Leaders Visited Buhari – Ikedife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.