Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,931 members, 7,828,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” (21340 Views)

INEC Tenders Tinubu's Biodata Form, BVAS Report For 36 States, FCT / INEC BVAS Will Affect Our Tribunal Case. We Have 10 Days Left. Obi Lawyers / Some Of The Errors Of The INEC’s BVAS Machines, And The Suggested Remedies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by franchasng: 10:07pm On Feb 01, 2023
rolams:

Can you identify the dumped ballot papers? No. The deed has been done and the aim of the person who does it or sent someone/guys to do so has been achieved.
As you snatch the ballot box and go thumbprint leaving the real voters stranded, BVAS will record no accreditation of voters meaning no voting took place at the polling unit you snatched the box.

The only way to rig it is to buy people's votes by paying them to accredit and thumbprint for your candidate so their accreditation can be recorded by bvas and that is why Buhari and CBN rolled out the sudden currency redesign policy to ensure politicians wont have enough cash to buy votes on election day.

Another to rig it is to hack the INEC database and also manipulate the BVAS machine such that you will snatch the ballot box and the BVAS together and do accreditation with BVAS before thumbprinting into your snatched ballot box.

But remember again, even after thumbprinting, votes will be counted, party agents will sign the results gurren at the polling unit and right there the polling officer abi the presiding officer will snap the result sheet and upload to INEC server.

2 Likes

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 10:14pm On Feb 01, 2023
franchasng:
As you snatch the ballot box and go thumbprint leaving the real voters stranded, BVAS will record no accreditation of voters meaning no voting took place at the polling unit you snatched the box.

The only way to rig it is to buy people's votes by paying them to accredit and thumbprint for your candidate so their accreditation can be recorded by bvas and that is why Buhari and CBN rolled out the sudden currency redesign policy to ensure politicians wont have enough cash to buy votes on election day.

Another to rig it is to hack the INEC database and also manipulate the BVAS machine such that you will snatch the ballot box and the BVAS together and do accreditation with BVAS before thumbprinting into your snatched ballot box.

But remember again, even after thumbprinting, votes will be counted, party agents will sign the results gurren at the polling unit and right there the polling officer abi the presiding officer will snap the result sheet and upload to INEC server.

Not ballot box but paper. With this, the deed is done and aim has been achieved.

Mind you, I am not talking about rigging. I am only giving possible way for over voting.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by dochenaj: 11:37pm On Feb 01, 2023
Afamed:
Those who say, there should be rerun are just clever by half,

May be they have not updated themselves with new electoral law.

The new electoral law is clear enough in English language

Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2)

under the Electoral Act, 2022 Section 51 (2) says over-voting occurs “where the number of votes cast at an election in any polling unit exceeds the number of accredited voters in that polling unit, the presiding officer shall cancel the result of the election in that polling unit.”
You're actually the one who is being clever by half.

Below is an excerpt of the Regulations and Guidelines for the conduct of elections 2022, as published by INEC talking about over voting and what should happen to such polling units.

Over Voting
Where the total number of votes cast at a Polling Unit exceeds the number of accredited voters at the Polling Unit, the result of the election for that Polling Unit shall be declared null and void, and a report in that regard shall be made to the Collation Officer.

Supplementary Election Due to Over Voting
Where an election is declared null and void in one or more Polling Units for over voting in line with Clause 39 of these Regulations and Guidelines, another date shall be fixed for supplementary election in the affected Polling Units and returns for the affected constituencies shall not be made until polls are conducted in the affected Polling Units.

However here is how it us presented in Part IV Section 51 of the Electoral Act.

51.—(1) No voter shall vote for more than one candidate or record
more than one vote in favour of any candidate at any one election.

(2) Where the number of votes cast at an election in any polling unit
exceeds the number of accredited voters in that polling unit, the Presiding
officer shall cancel the result of the election in that polling unit.

(3) Where the result of an election is cancelled in accordance with
subsection (2), there shall be no return for the election until another poll has taken place in the affected polling unit.

(4) Notwithstanding the provisions of subsections (2) and (3) the
Commission may, if satisfied that the result of the election will not substantially
be affected by voting in the area where the election is cancelled, direct that a
return of the election be made.

With the results from the affected polling units cancelled. The margin between Oyetola and Adeleke is much much less than the number of registered voters in those units, hence a rerun is mandated.

For instance, if Oyetola was leading with 100,000 votes and the affected polling units only have 99,999 registered voters. Even if we award all of them to Adeleke he will still not be able to win, hence invalidating a need for a rerun.

The tribunal judges were either clueless or corrupt, either way they have shown their true colours with this ruling.

There is no malfeasance in saying "Oh! We believe this is over voting and hence will cancel these polling units", but their failure to mandate a rerun in these units knowing fully well that the results can significantly impact on the final results reeks of mischief.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by Ratello: 4:00am On Feb 02, 2023
What the tribunal did is more bypassing the process of the rules guiding the issue brought before it as it was established in the New Electoral Act.....by deducting votes and declaring a winner in an election where there are irregularities while declaring an unpopular government the people already rejected before now winner proves money has graced many palms.....too late now for Oyetola. I see the Court of Appeal reversing this shitty judgment and the Supreme Court affirming it.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 5:40am On Feb 02, 2023
rolams:

Is your ballot paper electronic or manual? That's my point. It's a paper and you thumbprint manually.

No matter the stuffing of ballot box that they might do,,, if their is any inconsistency in the ballots as against the BVAS Accredited Voters, even if it is ONE VOTE,, it would lead to the cancellation of the votes in the Polling-unit by the INEC.
And then to supplementary elections later.
OR ELSE, THE TRIBUNAL WILL CANCEL THE POLLING-UNIT.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 7:32am On Feb 02, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
No matter the stuffing of ballot box that they might do,,, if their is any inconsistency in the ballots as against the BVAS Accredited Voters, even if it is ONE VOTE,, it would lead to the cancellation of the votes in the Polling-unit by the INEC.
And then to supplementary elections later.
OR ELSE, THE TRIBUNAL WILL CANCEL THE POLLING-UNIT.

You are indirectly agreeing to what I have said.

I am not talking about the cancelation of the polling unit but how the dubious politicians can smuggle ballot paper into the ballot box to cause over voting.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by anomaly20: 7:43am On Feb 02, 2023
NothingDoMe:
Hahaha. After the deduction who win? Winner nor change? Bop na straight up rerun.

Except PDP can prove there was overvoting in areas that APC won too. If they deduct finish and PDP still win then no rerun because e nor change the winner.

You Gerrit? Once over voting changes the winner or loser na rerun be that oh.

It does not work like that. By changing the outcome, it means making the election inconclusive.
If after the deduction, the PDP wins then the tribunal would have declared Adeleke winner.
And rerun can only happen when the overvoting was cancelled at the PU and Ward levels before a return has been made.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 8:32am On Feb 02, 2023
rolams:

You are indirectly agreeing to what I have said.

I am talking about the cancelation of the polling unit but how the dubious politicians can smuggle ballot paper into the ballot box to cause over voting.

Ok
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 5:13am On Feb 03, 2023
SmartPolician:

BVAS is not used for voting; it's only used for accreditation. There's a difference, sir. grin

Yes, INEC can declare results without BVAS reports. What BVAS report does is to confirm that the number of people who voted is EQUAL to number of people it cleared to vote.

Where there's an overage, it's called over-voting, and Section 51 of the 2022 Electoral Law says that fresh election should be conducted there.

Instead, those two yeye judges who sat over Osun State guber tribunal (excluding one whose dissenting verdict didn't even show he understood that section of the law) declared Oyetola the winner. They deserve to be tied to a big tree in a marketplace and flogged 50 lashes of koboko each cheesy

I hope this helps....
Where can I see the Third Judge's Verdict??.
I need to read it
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 5:16am On Feb 03, 2023
anomaly20:

Saying something that is not correct with confidence 😂.
Section 51 subsection 4 states that after a result was cancelled, and it does not affect the outcome of the election a return can be made .
What did Section 51, Sub-section-3 say.?
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 5:24am On Feb 03, 2023
Northernblood8:

No, rolams is not confused but you are the one that is.

I have used that BVAS and I know how it works. You are not supposed to vote if either of the following fails.

Authentication using Thumbprint or Surname or last 6 digits of your card number

AND

Verification by facial recognition.

If either or both fails, you are not supposed to vote. If you vote, the result from that polling unit will be cancelled as number of Accredited voters will become less than total votes.

It is very important that people are educated properly before the election day so that you won't end up destroying the chances of your preferred presidential candidate.

They will be sent back, The instruction is blank. It will never count until a voter passes these two. I refused more than 20 people from voting because of this. You need to educate the voters very well.

Well during my time, I was the PO (Presiding Officer) My APO 3 was the one directing crowd and if he didn't allow you, you wont be able to move over to APO 2 that is with the BVAS for Authentication. One person at a time and who ever that APO 2 Clears will then step forward to the PO to take a signed Ballot to cast vote.

If a PO is Corrupt and not educated on the implication of not authenticating voters, he will end of destroying his units result and ought to be punished if he didn't write a convincing report on reason for the overvoting (Threat to life) .
I think I flow very well with these explanations.

Thus, the POs are the keys to a clean election.
And the people are the ones holding these keys.

I want to add this...
I've been trying to bring to the notice of INEC, for them to also be including the number of identified PVC Cards for which authentication and verification failed..
This would let us have a glimpse into the failure rate of the accreditation. That is, number of people who came out to vote versus the number of people who finally succeeded in voting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 5:30am On Feb 03, 2023
rolams:

You are mixing two things, the result announced was based on the captured ones. It is captured and send. But accreditation was done on the BVAS from morning till end of the voting process. Result is just one file, but accreditation is gotten different files of individual data, it will be later compiled in unit data file.
Is there a way to make the Synchronisation FASTER.??
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by SmartPolician: 5:41am On Feb 03, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Where can I see the Third Judge's Verdict??.
I need to read it

https://www.nairaland.com/7544129/dissenting-opinion-justice-b.a-ogbuli#120438224

1 Like

Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by BluntCrazeMan: 5:41am On Feb 03, 2023
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 10:20am On Feb 03, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
Is there a way to make the Synchronisation FASTER.??

Seriously, this is where INEC needs to improve on, power supply and software upgrade.
Re: The INEC’s “BVAS-Report” Versus The “Synchronised BVAS-Report” by rolams(m): 10:24am On Feb 03, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
I think I flow very well with these explanations.

Thus, the POs are the keys to a clean election.
And the people are the ones holding these keys.

I want to add this...
I've been trying to bring to the notice of INEC, for them to also be including the number of identified PVC Cards for which authentication and verification failed..
This would let us have a glimpse into the failure rate of the accreditation. That is, number of people who came out to vote versus the number of people who finally succeeded in voting.

Sure! The PO are very very important. They are going to play a vital role in our elections. Any mistake from their part will damage INEC and electoral process.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yemi Osinbajo Fountain In Igbere By Orji Uzor Kalu (Photos) / Governor Ganduje Distributes 100 New Transformers In Kano (Photos) / Xenophobia: How South African Union Plotted Attacks – Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.