Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,175 members, 7,845,858 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (119192 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:09pm On May 08, 2008
Carlosein:

since we have a few of you guys online now, i was thinking can we have a little get together on sunday to mark my birthday?

it would really make my year guys. and pam my wife to be you would be the icing on the cake if you came.

what do you think?

owambe style!!!!
already lookn forward to sunday!!!! wink

how old u go b sef
mak i no d kain gift wey i go carry come grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:10pm On May 08, 2008
Carlosein:

kai see me see trouble, in d olden days men dey born almost hundred and them no dey pay plenty, just some tubers of yams. but now for only 1 dozen, i will have to cough millions. abeg o pampam have mercy on me o!

i no fit laugh  grin grin grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:11pm On May 08, 2008
viee:

owambe style!!!!
already lookn forward to sunday!!!! wink

how old u go b sef
mak i no d kain gift wey i go carry come
grin

i am old enough to have pam on a platter of gold, if u fit bring her for me i go 4ever remain in your debt. cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:14pm On May 08, 2008
Carlosein:

i am old enough to have pam on a platter of gold, if u fit bring her for me i go 4ever remain in your debt. cheesy

awwww, im so touched!
Uncle Carl is being romantic. . . cheesy

Pam Pam plz say yes wink

d debt don begin already ooo grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:16pm On May 08, 2008
so wat do you guys say now, time would be 2pm, venue same as last time-tantalizers at okota.

oby, viee (guess u will host us now since i no dey isolo again grin), lawyer where u dey sef, pam dearest, ebos, lindiwe (can u come from bayelsa?), ~lady~ wish you can make it but wonder how.

abeg make una come o!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:20pm On May 08, 2008
Oby r u game?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:23pm On May 08, 2008
Carlosein:

since we have a few of you guys online now, i was thinking can we have a little get together on sunday to mark my  birthday?

it would really make my year guys. and pam my wife to be you would be the icing on the cake if you came.

what do you think?

Happy happy happy birthday Carl, God's blessing i wish you, and may this birthday mark a new beginning of many more good things to come.

Pam have no other option than to be dir, if not, make you no vex wen another person start to pick interest o  grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:23pm On May 08, 2008
okay guys you have till tomorrow to give me ur replies. i have to go now clouds are gathering.

expect your replies love u all.

ciao and viee i won't forget my promise grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:30pm On May 08, 2008
Carlosein:

okay guys you have till tomorrow to give me your replies. i have to go now clouds are gathering.

expect your replies love u all.

ciao and viee i won't forget my promise grin

See ya carl.
Think i will be off too, viee, lady, lindiwe and pam catch ya 2mrw.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 11:05pm On May 08, 2008
guys,
i missed out of today's fun!

viee it wasn't internet this time around. i was away from my desk all day. we've entered the interview phase of our work. there's now little or no room for faffing on the internet because i've got about 24 personnel to talk/ gist with! it's quite interestin! i'll show up breifly tomorrow by God's grace!

carl, i said it that you'll be mad with excitement when you get to know of pam's 'come-back' grin
it's this weekend we're supposed to return to Lag and that i intended marking my birthday with my folks, but we've been told that the interview sessions can't wait, it's running throughout the weekend!  cry our trip has been moved tentatively

it would have been nice to be there to meet with you all good people of God, with whom i share a faith i so much cherish! not to worry, we'll all still get to meet!

pam, i'll join viee to appeal to you to accept our dear carl's invitation, since the proposal has been made and accepted  grin! please don't say nooo, lol! cheesy

for now, i might return to being nocturnal again! undecided
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 11:08pm On May 08, 2008
carl, you mentioned mid day mass at falomo,
yeah it's at 12.30 and it ends at 1.10pm. doesn't take too long and it'z a wonderful way to start you lunch kiss tongue wink

catch you all 'morrow too!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 12:07pm On May 09, 2008
Today's Saint

St. Catharine of Bologna (1413-1463) 

Some Franciscan saints led fairly public lives; Catharine represents the saints who served the Lord in obscurity.

Catharine, born in Bologna, was related to the nobility in Ferrara and was educated at court there. She received a liberal education at the court and developed some interest and talent in painting. In later years as a Poor Clare, Catharine sometimes did manuscript illumination and also painted miniatures.

At the age of 17, she joined a group of religious women in Ferrara. Four years later the whole group joined the Poor Clares in that city. Jobs as convent baker and portress preceded her selection as novice mistress.

In 1456 she and 15 other sisters were sent to establish a Poor Clare monastery in Florence. As abbess Catharine worked to preserve the peace of the new community. Her reputation for holiness drew many young women to the Poor Clare life. She was canonized in 1712.

Catharine wrote a book on the seven spiritual weapons to be used against temptation. "Jesus Christ gave up his life that we might live," she said. "Therefore, whoever wishes to carry the cross for his sake must take up the proper weapons for the contest, especially those mentioned here.
First, diligence;
second, distrust of self;
third, confidence in God;
fourth, remembrance of the Passion;
fifth, mindfulness of one’s own death;
sixth, remembrance of God’s glory;
seventh, the injunctions of Sacred Scripture following the example of Jesus Christ in the desert" (On the Seven Spiritual Weapons).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:22pm On May 09, 2008
Lindiwe:

carl, you mentioned mid day mass at falomo,
yeah it's at 12.30 and it ends at 1.10pm. doesn't take too long and it'z a wonderful way to start you lunch kiss tongue wink

catch you all 'morrow too!

thanks dear, i will have to make out time and attend.
sorry you cant make it on sunday. take care.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:26pm On May 09, 2008
so who are those i am expecting to come around on sunday?
haven't seen any indications of intent to attend so far .

pam hope u'd be there o!
by the way pam, what time is confessions and mass at st patricks?
can you reply me bfore i leave today pls. waiting!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 5:38pm On May 09, 2008
wow!
what an unusual calm fills this thread today! guys where are you all at?

there's some sort of unrest here in yenagoa due to the explosion that occured at the PDP secretariat yesterday. We left the office quite early today as soon as we saw that people in the State house were asked to vacate the premises. na we come get two heads to stay back! we followed suit! grin
I'm so happy cos this is the first time i'm leaving the office in broad day light. I wish we would be asked to follow the first flight tomorrow back to Lagos! i doubt it anyway!

so guys, have a wonderful weekend!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:25pm On May 09, 2008
glad to know you are okay lindiwe.

wishing you a swell weekend too without explosion sha! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 7:00pm On May 09, 2008
hahaha!
yeah right!
thanks all the same!
have a swell birthday celebration! wink wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 7:01pm On May 09, 2008
thanks a million and keep praying for us all wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 7:13pm On May 09, 2008
am running home now, take care and God bless.

Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary! cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 7:20pm On May 09, 2008
Hi everybody,

it sure feels good to be back. I have 7 pages to read and see who said what. Grin

i'll be back

Welcome back dear.
Why is everyone surprised I was once a protestant?

hi viee, help me tell her now because i only ask for 12 children, that na one dozen now no more. Grin Grin

You want to have the twelve disciples in your home by force abi.

I wish I could be there. I would be celebrating my bday with u guys. cry

I was out of the office yesterday and was traveling. Am home with family now, so I am pretty occupied with their stories.
Will check in regularly.

ciao!!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 7:17pm On May 10, 2008
~Lady~:

Welcome back dear.
Why is everyone surprised I was once a protestant?

You want to have the twelve disciples in your home by force abi.

I wish I could be there. I would be celebrating my bday with u guys. cry

I was out of the office yesterday and was traveling. Am home with family now, so I am pretty occupied with their stories.
Will check in regularly.

ciao!!

yes twelve disciples complete is wat i want. grin

also wish we could have spent your birthday with you. hope we have another opportunity some other time.

more importantly let me be the first to wish you a happy birthday and many happy returns of tomorrow.

may the Lord's peace and blessings be upon you and your family through the intercession of the most blessed virgin Mary. amen.

take care and regards to your mum. wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:23am On May 11, 2008
it's May 11th and it's Pentecost Sunday! it's also lady's birthday and carl hopes to mark his today as well! wow, it's celebration galore!

CEE-LE-BRATE GOOD TIME, COME ON! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Mass today was captivating! i love the way the sequence was sung! I was mesmerised!

Happy pentecost sunday all! and happy birthday to lady and Carl! may God's Spirit come down on you and enkindle in you the fire of His love, Amen!

remain blessed!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 2:13am On May 12, 2008
yes twelve disciples complete is what i want.

also wish we could have spent your birthday with you. hope we have another opportunity some other time.

more importantly let me be the first to wish you a happy birthday and many happy returns of tomorrow.

may the Lord's peace and blessings be upon you and your family through the intercession of the most blessed virgin Mary. amen.

take care and regards to your mum

hahaha clearly u do want the twelve disciples

thank you so much.

let me go ahead and say a very happy birthday to you also.

it's May 11th and it's Pentecost Sunday! it's also lady's birthday and carl hopes to mark his today as well! wow, it's celebration galore!

CEE-LE-BRATE GOOD TIME, COME ON!

Mass today was captivating! i love the way the sequence was sung! I was mesmerised!

Happy pentecost sunday all! and happy birthday to lady and Carl! may God's Spirit come down on you and enkindle in you the fire of His love, Amen!

remain blessed!

Thanks. My bday almost got ruined. Between my mum and my bf, I just about lost out on what I wanted on my bday (peace of mind).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:49pm On May 12, 2008
Hello is anyone here!!!   shocked only Lady and wir has everyone gone to, abi the birthday celebration lasted till dawn? 

Carlos how was the celebration, hope you had a swell time, couldn't make it; 1. because of the rain and 2. had an inauguration of charismatic renewal in a new parish (st. Vincent Olodi)

Viee, Lindiwe kedu kwanu.

Pamperme can you jist me about the celebration because i know you were there, if you no come who go come.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:50pm On May 12, 2008
Today's Saint

Sts. Nereus and Achilleus (1st century)

Devotion to these two saints goes back to the fourth century, though almost nothing is known of their lives. They were praetorian soldiers of the Roman army, became Christians and were removed to the island of Terracina, where they were martyred. Their bodies were buried in a family vault, later known as the cemetery of Domitilla. Excavations by De Rossi in 1896 resulted in the discovery of their empty tomb in the underground church built by Pope Siricius in 390.

Two hundred years after their death, Pope Gregory the Great delivered his 28th homily on the occasion of their feast. “These saints, before whom we are assembled, despised the world and trampled it under their feet when peace, riches and health gave it charms.”

Pope Damasus wrote an epitaph for Nereus and Achilleus in the fourth century. The text is known from travelers who read it while the slab was still entire, but the broken fragments found by De Rossi are sufficient to identify it: “The martyrs Nereus and Achilleus had enrolled themselves in the army and exercised the cruel office of carrying out the orders of the tyrant, being ever ready, through the constraint of fear, to obey his will. O miracle of faith! Suddenly they cease from their fury, they become converted, they fly from the camp of their wicked leader; they throw away their shields, their armor and their blood-stained javelins. Confessing the faith of Christ, they rejoice to bear testimony to its triumph. Learn now from the words of Damasus what great things the glory of Christ can accomplish.”
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:43pm On May 12, 2008
Oby1:

Hello is anyone here!!! shocked only Lady and wir has everyone gone to, abi the birthday celebration lasted till dawn?

Carlos how was the celebration, hope you had a swell time, couldn't make it; 1. because of the rain and 2. had an inauguration of charismatic renewal in a new parish (st. Vincent Olodi)

Viee, Lindiwe kedu kwanu.

Pamperme can you jist me about the celebration because i know you were there, if you no come who go come.

hi oby, you won't believe my grand celebration did not hold cos of rain and other things.
first lawyer was engaged, pam did not indicate her willingness to show and i did not get any confirmation from anyone except viee. then finally the rain poured down like the heavenly beings were angry with the world. i got soaked from church to the house and found that the house too was flooded. so i had to call viee and cancel.

any how tanks all for everything and we shall certainly do it again by popular demand (as idi -amin said grin)
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:48pm On May 12, 2008
~Lady~:

hahaha clearly u do want the twelve disciples

thank you so much.

let me go ahead and say a very happy birthday to you also.

oh you're welcome dear and thanks for mine too wink

~Lady~:

Thanks. My bday almost got ruined. Between my mum and my boyfriend, I just about lost out on what I wanted on my bday (peace of mind).

oh oh, hope u are alright now and have your peace of mind. not to worry things like this happen and sometimes for good.

blessed be God in all things.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:52pm On May 12, 2008
thanks viee for your text, lawyer for the call and everyone else really appreciate what we have here. pam where u dey now not even a happy b/day greeting from you

oby, where is my cake and moet? make una no do this to me now. i need the cake and all the other goodies too o!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 5:53pm On May 12, 2008
okay guys, need to go home. hope i get home on time on my day unlike all other days.

ciao. Dominus Vobiscum.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:01am On May 13, 2008
Today's Saint

Our Lady of Fatima

Between May 13 and October 13, 1917, three Portuguese children received apparitions of Our Lady at Cova da Iria, near Fatima, a city 110 miles north of Lisbon. (See February 20 entry for Blessed Jacinta and Francisco Marto). Mary asked the children to pray the rosary for world peace, for the end of World War I, for sinners and for the conversion of Russia.

Mary gave the children three secrets. Since Francisco died in 1919 and Jacinta the following year, Lucia, who later became a Carmelite nun, revealed the first secret in 1927, concerning devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The second secret was a vision of hell.

Pope John Paul II directed the Holy See's Secretary of State to reveal the third secret in 2000; it spoke of a 'bishop in white' who was shot by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows into him. Many people linked this to the assassination attempt against Pope John Paul II in St. Peter's Square on May 13, 1981.

The feast of Our Lady of Fatima was approved by the local bishop in 1930; it was added to the Church's worldwide calendar in 2002. Sister Lucia died in 2005 at the age of 97.

“Throughout history there have been supernatural apparitions and signs which go to the heart of human events and which, to the surprise of believers and non-believers alike, play their part in the unfolding of history. These manifestations can never contradict the content of faith, and must therefore have their focus in the core of Christ's proclamation: the Father's love which leads men and women to conversion and bestows the grace required to abandon oneself to him with filial devotion. This too is the message of Fatima which, with its urgent call to conversion and penance, draws us to the heart of the Gospel” (The Message of Fatima, Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, June 26, 2000).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:05am On May 13, 2008
For God's mercy upon us and the whole world and for all the souls departed.

Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with you
blessed are thou amongst women and
blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus

Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and the hour of our death. Amen
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:09am On May 13, 2008
Carlosein:

hi oby, you won't believe my grand celebration did not hold because of rain and other things.
first lawyer was engaged, pam did not indicate her willingness to show and i did not get any confirmation from anyone except viee. then finally the rain poured down like the heavenly beings were angry with the world. i got soaked from church to the house and found that the house too was flooded. so i had to call viee and cancel.

any how tanks all for everything and we shall certainly do it again by popular demand (as idi -amin said grin)

Eyaa, well nothing spoil as far as there is life by the Grace of God another great opportunity will come again for us to celebrate, who knows what God was trying to avoid by sending the rain. I was also drenched by the rain on my way home from early morning mass.

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (155) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.