Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,976 members, 7,866,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 10:27 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (119565 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 7:49am On Oct 10, 2007
alliednetw:

Let us not generalise.let's take this argument point for point.
Give me one fallacy lets trash it .That'is if you know what a religious fallacy is.

My friend dont be lazy. Go back to the bginning of this thread right from page 1 and read through. All the issues are there. If you can deal with them, bring thm on. Who would start that all over again?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:42am On Oct 10, 2007
This Irish prayer is attributed to Saint Patrick and often referred to as the "breastplate" of St. Patrick--words that shield.

I arise today
Through the strength of heaven;

Light of the sun,
Splendor of fire,
Swiftness of wind,

Depth of the sea,
Stability of earth,
Firmness of rock.

I arise today
Through God's strength to pilot me;
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's hand to guard me.

Afar and anear,
Alone or in a multitude.

Christ shield me today
Against wounding:

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,

Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,

Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ in me.

I arise today
Through the mighty strength
Of the Lord of Creation.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:48am On Oct 10, 2007
"Father, sovereign Creator, we are part of your creation. Our lives have been formed by you and are an acknowledgment of your power and majesty. Have mercy on your entire creative work and let us hear your voice. Let the love your son has for us empower us to love all you have created even as you do." AMEN
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 8:52am On Oct 10, 2007
@Pilgrim

No matter what you coined, no matter the blasphemy, You can even coin where the Pope is naked, i dont care, all i want to let you know is this:

Jesus na my Papa
Mary na my mama
Holy Ghost na my paddy
Why i no go make yanga.

No vex o, na so i see am for my life.

and nothing, i mean nothing on Earth can ever change it. 

Not even you, cgift and the likes of you over there.

You can paint the Church of God black or with any color you wish, but remember the word of God "Not even the gate of hell can stop it"  It grows from strength to strength (So make una no vex na God put am so)

No Shaking.

God bless you all.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:01am On Oct 10, 2007
Glory to Jesus!!! Honour to our blessed Mother

St. Francis Borgia (1510-1572)

Today's saint grew up in an important family in 16th-century Spain, serving in the imperial court and quickly advancing in his career. But a series of events—including the death of his beloved wife—made Francis Borgia rethink his priorities. He gave up public life, gave away his possessions and joined the new and little-known Society of Jesus.

Religious life proved to be the right choice. He felt drawn to spend time in seclusion and prayer, but his administrative talents also made him a natural for other tasks. He helped in the establishment of what is now the Gregorian University in Rome. Not long after his ordination he served as political and spiritual adviser to the emperor. In Spain, he founded a dozen colleges.

At 55, Francis was elected head of the Jesuits. He focused on the growth of the Society of Jesus, the spiritual preparation of its new members and spreading the faith in many parts of Europe. He was responsible for the founding of Jesuit missions in Florida, Mexico and Peru.

Francis Borgia is often regarded as the second founder of the Jesuits. He died in 1572 and was canonized 100 years later.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 9:37am On Oct 10, 2007
Oby1:

Today's saint grew up in an important family in 16th-century Spain, serving in the imperial court and quickly advancing in his career. But a series of events—including the death of his beloved wife—made Francis Borgia rethink his priorities. He gave up public life, gave away his possessions and joined the new and little-known Society of Jesus.

Religious life proved to be the right choice. He felt drawn to spend time in seclusion and prayer, but his administrative talents also made him a natural for other tasks. He helped in the establishment of what is now the Gregorian University in Rome. Not long after his ordination he served as political and spiritual adviser to the emperor. In Spain, he founded a dozen colleges.

At 55, Francis was elected head of the Jesuits. He focused on the growth of the Society of Jesus, the spiritual preparation of its new members and spreading the faith in many parts of Europe. He was responsible for the founding of Jesuit missions in Florida, Mexico and Peru.

Francis Borgia is often regarded as the second founder of the Jesuits. He died in 1572 and was canonized 100 years later.

Oby1,

I understand perfectly the religious zeal adherents usually have when it comes to "defending"their religion. It is good but I tell you, ensure you know all truths first. Of the Jesuits you just mentioned that St. Francis joined , its another kettel of fish entirely. But let me chip this in: and see particularyl the words of (Napoleon hope you know him, the major actor behnd World War 1)

"About the Jesuits, we would do well to meditate on the words of Napoleon recorded in his memoirs, the Emperor having been betrayed into the hands of his captors by his Jesuit masters, while imprisoned on the island of St. Helena in the middle of the South Atlantic Ocean:

"The Jesuits are a military organization, not a religious order. Their chief is a general of an army, not the mere father abbot of a monastery. And the aim of this organization is POWER. Power in its most despotic exercise. Absolute power, universal power, power to control the world by the volition of a single man,

"The General of the Jesuits insists on being master, sovereign, over the sovereign. Wherever the Jesuits are admitted they will be masters, cost what it may, Every act, every crime, however atrocious, is a meritorious work, if committed for the interest of the Society of the Jesuits, or by the order of the general."

And make no mistake about it, Kolvenbach's present day plans are deadly. His evil knows no bounds. And, according to Phelps, he truly is the missing "evil link" when it comes to fully understanding how and why America is turning into a fascist state and being used as a second Nazi Germany.

Normally when thinking of the New World Order, one immediately refers to the Council on Foreign Relations, the Trilateral Commission, the Bilderbergers, the Committee of 300, composed of the 17 wealthiest "elite" families, the Rothschilds in England, Rockefellers in America and Bronfmans in Canada.

But when it comes to adding the Jesuits in the mix, most people brush them aside, thinking they are just another benign and innocent Catholic order of priests in robes, saying Mass, serving the poor and spreading the word of God.

But think again. Behind the veil of the good lies evil, behind the veil of the diety lies a deadly band of Luciferian followers who are deviously controlling all the most powerful religions and governments in the world, including Judaism, Islam and Christianity.

And according to Phelps, religious researcher and historian and working on Vatican, all the above statements are fact not fiction, as the Jesuits truly are "the evilest of all evils" and the quintessential masters of deception.

"It's just staggering the amount of control the Jesuits really wield throughout the world," reminds Phelps who provides a chart of the Order's corrupt power on his web site at www.vaticanassassins.org.

See the link below for more info:

http://www.exposingsatanism.org/illuminati-jesuit.htm.

Oby1, its the love of God that has made you seen these things, everywhere you turn to concerning RCC, all you see is Satanism, Luciferans, and Secrecy. Call your closest priests and make them see all these things, he will open up to you and warn you never to let anyon know what you have learnt about the church. Do not just hold on to a blind faith. I beg you in the name of God cry

We actually never intended ridiculing RCC, far from it, it is just to present to you a good basis for your arguments. You cant argue what you do not know anything about, it will only be preposterous.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 9:49am On Oct 10, 2007
@alliednetw

You have to keep ur peace, there is no need to argue with them. If you go thru the threads you will see for urself.
But if you have the time to argue well wish u the best, but for me i don't think i have the time, i have to use my time wisely especially to uplift my faith, which is what this thread is for.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 11:07am On Oct 10, 2007
Oby1,

this is specially for you to ponder upon.

Extreme Oath of the Jesuits

"When a Jesuit of the minor rank is to be elevated to command, he is conducted into the Chapel of the Convent of the Order, where there are only three others present, the principal or Superior standing in front of the altar. On either side stands a monk, one of whom holds a banner of yellow and white, which are the Papal colors, and the other a black banner with a dagger and red cross above a skull and crossbones, with the word INRI, and below them the words IUSTUM, NECAR, REGES, IMPIOUS. The meaning of which is: It is just to exterminate or annihilate impious or heretical Kings, Governments, or Rulers. Upon the floor is a red cross at which the postulant or candidate kneels. The Superior hands him a small black crucifix, which he takes in his left hand and presses to his heart, and the Superior at the same time presents to him a dagger, which he grasps by the blade and holds the point against his heart, the Superior still holding it by the hilt, and thus addresses the postulant:"

Superior:

My son, heretofore you have been taught to act the dissembler: among Roman Catholics to be a Roman Catholic, and to be a spy even among your own brethren; to believe no man, to trust no man. Among the Reformers, to be a reformer; among the Huguenots, to be a Huguenot; among the Calvinists, to be a Calvinist; among other Protestants, generally to be a Protestant, and obtaining their confidence, to seek even to preach from their pulpits, and to denounce with all the vehemence in your nature our Holy Religion and the Pope; and even to descend so low as to become a Jew among Jews, that you might be enabled to gather together all information for the benefit of your Order as a faithful soldier of the Pope.

You have been taught to insidiously plant the seeds of jealousy and hatred between communities, provinces, states that were at peace, and incite them to deeds of blood, involving them in war with each other, and to create revolutions and civil wars in countries that were independent and prosperous, cultivating the arts and the sciences and enjoying the blessings of peace. To take sides with the combatants and to act secretly with your brother Jesuit, who might be engaged on the other side, but openly opposed to that with which you might be connected, only that the Church might be the gainer in the end, in the conditions fixed in the treaties for peace and that the end justifies the means.

You have been taught your duty as a spy, to gather all statistics, facts and information in your power from every source; to ingratiate yourself into the confidence of the family circle of Protestants and heretics of every class and character, as well as that of the merchant, the banker, the lawyer, among the schools and universities, in parliaments and legislatures, and the judiciaries and councils of state, and to be all things to all men, for the Pope's sake, whose servants we are unto death.

You have received all your instructions heretofore as a novice, a neophyte, and have served as co-adjurer, confessor and priest, but you have not yet been invested with all that is necessary to command in the Army of Loyola in the service of the Pope. You must serve the proper time as the instrument and executioner as directed by your superiors; for none can command here who has not consecrated his labors with the blood of the heretic; for "without the shedding of blood no man can be saved." Therefore, to fit yourself for your work and make your own salvation sure, you will, in addition to your former oath of obedience to your order and allegiance to the Pope, repeat after me---

The Extreme Oath of the Jesuits:

"1, _ now, in the presence of Almighty God, the Blessed Virgin Mary, the blessed Michael the Archangel, the blessed St. John the Baptist, the holy Apostles St. Peter and St. Paul and all the saints and sacred hosts of heaven, and to you, my ghostly father, the Superior General of the Society of Jesus, founded by St. Ignatius Loyola in the Pontificate of Paul the Third, and continued to the present, do by the womb of the virgin, the matrix of God, and the rod of Jesus Christ, declare and swear, that his holiness the Pope is Christ's Vice-regent and is the true and only head of the Catholic or Universal Church throughout the earth; and that by virtue of the keys of binding and loosing, given to his Holiness by my Savior, Jesus Christ, he hath power to depose heretical kings, princes, states, commonwealths and governments, all being illegal without his sacred confirmation and that they may safely be destroyed. Therefore, to the utmost of my power I shall and will defend this doctrine of his Holiness' right and custom against all usurpers of the heretical or Protestant authority whatever, especially the Lutheran of Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and the now pretended authority and churches of England and Scotland, and branches of the same now established in Ireland and on the Continent of America and elsewhere; and all adherents in regard that they be usurped and heretical, opposing the sacred Mother Church of Rome. I do now renounce and disown any allegiance as due to any heretical king, prince or state named Protestants or Liberals, or obedience to any of the laws, magistrates or officers.

I do further declare that the doctrine of the churches of England and Scotland, of the Calvinists, Huguenots and others of the name Protestants or Liberals to be damnable and they themselves damned who will not forsake the same.

I do further declare, that I will help, assist, and advise all or any of his Holiness' agents in any place wherever I shall be, in Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, England, Ireland or America, or in any other Kingdom or territory I shall come to, and do my uttermost to extirpate the heretical Protestants or Liberals' doctrines and to destroy all their pretended powers, regal or otherwise.

I do further promise and declare, that notwithstanding I am dispensed with, to assume my religion heretical, for the propaganda of the Mother Church's interest, to keep secret and private all her agents' counsels from time to time, as they may entrust me and not to divulge, directly or indirectly, by word, writing or circumstance whatever; but to execute all that shall be proposed, given in charge or discovered unto me, by you, my ghostly father, or any of this sacred covenant.

I do further promise and declare, that I will have no opinion or will of my own, or any mental reservation whatever, even as a corpse or cadaver (perinde ac cadaver), but will unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may receive from my superiors in the Militia of the Pope and of Jesus Christ.

That I may go to any part of the world withersoever I may be sent, to the frozen regions of the North, the burning sands of the desert of Africa, or the jungles of India, to the centers of civilization of Europe, or to the wild haunts of the barbarous savages of America, without murmuring or repining, and will be submissive in all things whatsoever communicated to me.

I furthermore promise and declare that I will, when opportunity present, make and wage relentless war, secretly or openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Liberals, as I am directed to do, to extirpate and exterminate them from the face of the whole earth; and that I will spare neither age, sex or condition; and that I will hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive these infamous heretics, rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women and crush their infants' heads against the walls, in order to annihilate forever their execrable race. That when the same cannot be done openly, I will secretly use the poisoned cup, the strangulating cord, the steel of the poniard or the leaden bullet, regardless of the honor, rank, dignity, or authority of the person or persons, whatever may be their condition in life, either public or private, as I at any time may be directed so to do by any agent of the Pope or Superior of the Brotherhood of the Holy Faith, of the Society of Jesus.

In confirmation of which, I hereby dedicate my life, my soul and all my corporal powers, and with this dagger which I now receive, I will subscribe my name written in my own blood, in testimony thereof; and should I prove false or weaken in my determination, may my brethren and fellow soldiers of the Militia of the Pope cut off my hands and my feet, and my throat from ear to ear, my belly opened and sulphur burned therein, with all the punishment that can be inflicted upon me on earth and my soul be tortured by demons in an eternal hell forever!

All of which, I, _, do swear by the Blessed Trinity and blessed Sacraments, which I am now to receive, to perform and on my part to keep inviolable; and do call all the heavenly and glorious host of heaven to witness the blessed Sacrament of the Eucharist, and witness the same further with my name written and with the point of this dagger dipped in my own blood and sealed in the face of this holy covenant."

(He receives the wafer from the Superior and writes his name with the point of his dagger dipped in his own blood taken from over his heart.)

Superior:

"You will now rise to your feet and I will instruct you in the Catechism necessary to make yourself known to any member of the Society of Jesus belonging to this rank.

In the first place, you, as a Brother Jesuit, will with another mutually make the ordinary sign of the cross as any ordinary Roman Catholic would; then one cross his wrists, the palms of his hands open, and the other in answer crosses his feet, one above the other; the first points with forefinger of the right hand to the center of the palm of the left, the other with the forefinger of the left hand points to the center of the palm of the right; the first then with his right hand makes a circle around his head, touching it; the other then with the forefinger of his left hand touches the left side of his body just below his heart; the first then with his right hand draws it across the throat of the other, and the latter then with a dagger down the stomach and abdomen of the first. The first then says Iustum; and the other answers Necar; the first Reges. The other answers Impious." (The meaning of which has already been explained.) "The first will then present a small piece of paper folded in a peculiar manner, four times, which the other will cut longitudinally and on opening the name Jesu will be found written upon the head and arms of a cross three times. You will then give and receive with him the following questions and answers:

Question —From whither do you come? Answer — The Holy faith.

Q. —Whom do you serve?

A. —The Holy Father at Rome, the Pope, and the Roman Catholic Church Universal throughout the world.

Q. —Who commands you?

A. —The Successor of St. Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus or the Soldiers of Jesus Christ.

Q. —Who received you? A. —A venerable man in white hair.

Q. —How?

A. —With a naked dagger, I kneeling upon the cross beneath the banners of the Pope and of our sacred order.

Q. —Did you take an oath?

A. —I did, to destroy heretics and their governments and rulers, and to spare neither age, sex nor condition. To be as a corpse without any opinion or will of my own, but to implicitly obey my Superiors in all things without hesitation of murmuring.

Q. —Will you do that? A. —I will.

Q. —How do you travel? A. —In the bark of Peter the fisherman.

Q. —Whither do you travel? A. —To the four quarters of the globe.

Q. —For what purpose?

A. —To obey the orders of my general and Superiors and execute the will of the Pope and faithfully fulfill the conditions of my oaths.

Q. —Go ye, then, into all the world and take possession of all lands in the name of the Pope. He who will not accept him as the Vicar of Jesus and his Vice-regent on earth, let him be accursed and exterminated."

Are you glad that your St. Francis was a Jesuit? Oh! You must b clapping for all Jesuits now I guess.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:36am On Oct 10, 2007
@cgift and pilgrim.1

You have so many anti-catholic books and website you have designed to persecute the Church of God. Is only the one that has your time will go thru all the lies.

Any website you post i don't read.

You in particular i pray that God will have mercy on you because you don't know what you are doing.

Catholics don't ever read any of their post, ignore it they are all full of lies you can go thru the stories of this man of God who later saw the truth in Catholic church and revealed the lies of the protestant.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/1096019/posts
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 11:45am On Oct 10, 2007
His write ups are in the Catholic bookshops
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2007
For starters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_SbJRn5jE8

If i were you, i would take shots from his assertions and post them here so that we can trash them acordingly. I am so sure they will not be different from the same things you guys have no answers for here.

A cursory look at his claims shows that he advocates the same things we have dutifully refuted here and funny enough he goes on to say that the RCC has been around for like 2000yrs whch means that they are getting something right. Its just like sying that evil has been with mankind from the time of Adam that means that evil must be right. How lame!

Anybody can convrt to anything. All other religions of the world also have converts if not daily that does not make them right. We would only refer you to the scriptures which unfortunatly you and your leadership invalidate. How many who got converted from the RCC would we want to bring to you? We have lost count!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 2:22pm On Oct 10, 2007
everybody, i greet you all.

i am reading from the sidelines and taking my time to pray my rosary (i am not on any sabbatical).

thanx oby for the Saint Teresa mail i really enjoyed it.

but she did not die in 1947 (abi).

Hail Mary, daughter of God the Father, Pray for us.

Hail Mary, Mother of God the Son, Pray for us.

Hail Mary, Spouse of God the Holy Spirit, Pray for us.

Greater than you, none but God.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:42pm On Oct 10, 2007
I'm glad you like it.
No she did not die in 1947, may be there is a mistake somewhere.

@cgift
Anybody can open a website and place whatever you like there, urs is not different is only a novice that can accept that.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 3:36pm On Oct 10, 2007
What about the a pinch of the workings of the Jesuits I have put here? Car t osay anything bout them?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Nushi77: 4:38pm On Oct 10, 2007
I don't judge it but I don't like the way they handle Mary statue.
For it is written:
EXODUS 20:4.Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by cgift(m): 5:09pm On Oct 10, 2007
Nushi77:

I don't judge it but I don't like the way they handle Mary statue.
For it is written:
EXODUS 20:4.Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness [of any thing] that [is] in heaven above, or that [is] in the earth beneath, or that [is] in the water under the earth:

I dont know what is difficult to deciphr in that singular commandment. But do you know it is not in the Catholic version of the 10 commandments, that command has been removed?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:42pm On Oct 10, 2007
Ave Maria, gratia plena dominus tecum, benedicta tu in mulieribus et benedictus fructus ventris tui Jesus.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc et in hora mortis nostra. Amen.

Greater than you, NONE but God.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 7:00pm On Oct 10, 2007
Carlosein:

Hahaha!! Come my dear. . . is this the effect that our debates are bringing upon you Catholics? Hohohohehe!! grin Excuse my laughing (I don't mean to riudicule you at all. . but you've only just confirmed a chat I had with an ex-Catholic).

It's really a good development to read you now addressing Mary as "daughter" of God (the Father). That's an interesting way of saying that the appellation of THEOTOKOS ("mother of God"wink ascribed to Mary is at best a disguised heresy that no intelligent Catholic can defend. So, for pity's sake, they've stepped down to qualify that appellation and refer to Mary as "daughter" of God the Father (as if the Father wasn't "God" from all time!). So, if Mary has been "THEOTOKOS" - that is, "Mother of GOD" what Greek, Latin or Spanish term do you have for the qualifier "daughter of God"? (Bear in mind that theotokos simply means "mother of God" without describing if the term "God" was referring to the Father, the Son or the Holy Spirit).

Hehe. . . it's not surprising that out of constraint you have offered a softer version (obviously handed down by the Vatican) to qualify Mary as "Mother of God the Son" (instead of the usual "Mother of God", QED). Ol' boy. . . easy - there's no need for all these adjustments. For the Vatican, it has always been "THEOTOKOS" - and the adjustments are only a confirmation of their embarrassments.

Now, the "spouse" of the Holy Spirit - is the Holy Spirit not GOD as well? Is that another adjustement to accommodate the Vatican embarrassments that has been giving Catholics some amazing quizzes? No let them deceive you endlessly. . . but, of course, it's your choice! grin

Carlosein:

Lol. . . "NONE but God" - God the Father? Of greater than God the Son (since she's the THEOTOKOS)? Or yet, greater than God the Spirit (since RCC says she's the "spouse"wink?

You've still running round in circles. Don't let any Catholic qualifiers to the Vatican heresies deceive you. Do the sane and simple thing: let the WORD of God comfort your heart - and not the "Bull" of the RCC.

Shalom. smiley
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 7:06pm On Oct 10, 2007
Oby1:

@cgift and pilgrim.1

You have so many anti-catholic books and website you have designed to persecute the Church of God. Is only the one that has your time will go through all the lies.

Any website you post i don't read.

You in particular i pray that God will have mercy on you because you don't know what you are doing.

Catholics don't ever read any of their post, ignore it they are all full of lies you can go through the stories of this man of God who later saw the truth in Catholic church and revealed the lies of the protestant.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/1096019/posts

Lol. . . Oby1 dearie, sounds like someone is seriously choking on her tears here. Did you take such a bad hit lately? I thought it was enough to ignore us and mind your own bizness, eh? You got fed up with the 'iggy' botton on your device?

Now wahala, I've already replied your worries in another thread: (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-81689.96.html#msg1575136). You can go there and read (since you're tired of ignoring us). . . or, let me help you by reposting it here:

Now Oby1 and seeu, I have just three things again for you:

(a) It's true that there are many 'doctored' pictures out there that have been proven to be faked for some storyline. However, pilgrim.1 did not post any doctored pictures with respect to the FACT that the Roman Catholic Church has a perculiar "veneration of skulls" rites in their worship. You may deny this - and I'd sympathise with you on the simple basis that you have no clue as to the FACT, and therefore, we can understand your shocked reactions on the veracity of these RCC rites that you simple were oblivious to.

(b) If the pictures are 'doctored', please do me the favour of making a little research and posting the gist or storyline to confirmed that "pilgrim.1 herself had played some fantastic photoshop digital overtime on those pix". Then we can all sit down and celebrate the disappointment, so that she could go on exile and never be a thorn to the Vatican ever again. No jokes.

(c) Which would then mean only one thing: if those stories are frabrications and blattant lies, then sadly, we would only have to wonder that the Catholics who put them up on the net are themselves such miserable liars! I'm sorry, but there's just no way round that at all - in as much as I got the storylines from CATHOLIC websites to confirm the pictures!

Before you console one another on your prejudices, do the simple and sane thing of going to the same CATHOLIC websites that I offered in those links and check out the articles. If they're all lies, no worries - you'd only be confirming that CATHOLICS ARE BIG LIARS! grin

Shalom.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2007
@Oby1,

As regards these pictures, I've also cleared the air in the thread referred to earlier. Here again I post the pictures and the relevant part of my rejoinder to seeu's to help you guys think:

Are These Pictures REAL??

SKULLS in Catholic Worship

Some of you may already be quite aware of the fact that this is not a new phenomenon in Roman Catholic rites; so let's revisit some early pages of RCC worship history. First on our list is Saint Maron. This is not a fictitious or hypothetic case; so readers can as well conduct some research of their own to verify these issues. As usual, I take the time to select weblinks by Catholics themselves, so that no one would presume that this is another 'Protestant' matter.

Saint Maron

From Catholic websites:

article #1. (http://www.opuslibani.org.lb/egliseeng/002/st001.htm)
article #2. (http://www.mari.org/JMS/january97/Saint_Marons_Relic.htm)

Readers can refer to the two weblinks above which carry articles on St. Maron. What is interesting to note is the fact that real monastries, altars and worship places where built and erected to enshrine this man's skull in Roman Catholic religious rites and worship. Let's quote some excerpts from artcle #1's website:

[list]
[list]
St. Maroun died around 410 A.D. and willed to be buried in St. Zabina’s tomb in Kita in the region of Cyrrhus. However, his will was not executed because people from different villages wanted to have him buried in their towns. Theodoret’s description of St. Maroun’s burial place points to the populous town of Barad in the proximity of Kfarnabo. A huge church was built in that town around the beginning of the fifth century A.D.

Inside this church there was a sarcophagus, which possibly contained St. Maroun’s body. According to a Maronite tradition, the followers of St. Maroun carried the relics of the Saint, especially the skull, to St. Maroun’s Monastery or "Beit Maroun" built in 452 A.D. between Hama and Aleppo in Syria.

The skull was carried to St. Maroun’s Monastery in Kfarhai, Batroun - Lebanon around the turn of the eighth century. Patriarch Douaihy mentions: "When Youhanna (John) Maroun settled in Kfarhai, he built an altar and a monastery after St. Maroun’s name and put St. Maroun’s skull inside the altar to heal the faithful. That’s why the monastery is called "Rish Mro" (Syriac) meaning "Maroun’s head".

Later, St. Maroun’s skull was taken to Italy. In 1130 A.D. one of the Benedictine monks came to the region. This monk was the rector of the Cross Afonastery near Foligno-Italy. During his visit he heard about St. Maroun’s skull, and upon returning home he publicized St. Maroun’s virtues. As a matter of fact, a church was built after St. Maroun’s name in Foligno. The Bishop of Foligno carried the skull to the city in 1194 A.D. and put it in the church of the diocese . The faithful in the city made a statue of silver for St. Maroun and put the skull in it. During his stay in Italy in 1887, Bishop Youssef el-Debs was given some relics of St. Maroun’s skull by the Bishop of Foligno.[/list]
[/list]

That's just one example - a mild one infact. There are more sinister articles by Roman Catholics themseves who plainly show that indeed the worship and veneration of skulls is a perculiar Catholic rite (although sadly, not many Roman Catholics themselves are aware of the fact).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 7:17pm On Oct 10, 2007
Ave Maria, gratia plena dominus tecum, benedicta tu in mulieribus et benedictus fructus ventris tui Jesus.

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc et in hora mortis nostra. Amen.

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2007
Carlosein:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/52893_Our_Lady_of_Guadelupe_jpgb5ffb7828d3ab21bd3d97bc0983fa73e

Lol. . . this is even becoming more dramatic and laughable.

Ok, the Vatican paints the idea that Mary defeated the "dragon" (or was it supposed to be the "serpent"wink, abi? No worries - there are a lot of 'em pix that I've seen with regards to that fallacy (one even showing Mary having a chat with the "dragon"wink.

In any case, open your Bible and read what is written in Genesis 3:15:

[list]
"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."[/list]

That verse tells us that the "Seed of the Woman" would bruise the head of the serpent. Now please also turn your Bible to Galatians 4:4 --

[list]
"But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law"[/list]

Now, look at your picture again. The tradition of Catholicism is to present MARY as the one who vanquishes the "serpent" (or "dragon"wink! No wonder the Popes and Bishops have displaced Christ and made Mary the "SAVIOR of the people of Rome"! As a 'faithful' of the same Catholic displacement, you have only confirmed the Mary-SAVIOR heresy of the Vatican. Well done. undecided

Any more pictures to confirm the heresies of the Vatican? grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by debosky(m): 7:36pm On Oct 10, 2007
Carlosein:

am I reading this correctly or is it my eyes deceiving me?? shocked

where is Ebos when you want him? Please is this also an accepted doctrine/oral tradition of the Catholics?

I thought Mary was Joseph's wife, maybe I am mistaken undecided
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by kulaShaker(f): 7:38pm On Oct 10, 2007
debosky:

where is Ebos when you want him? Please is this also an accepted doctrine/oral tradition of the Catholics?

LMAO GOODNESS ALL SORTS OF DOCTRINES. its all good hahahaha grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ricadelide(m): 8:34pm On Oct 10, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Lol. . . this is even becoming more dramatic and laughable.

Ok, the Vatican paints the idea that Mary defeated the "dragon" (or was it supposed to be the "serpent"wink, abi? No worries - there are a lot of 'em pix that I've seen with regards to that fallacy (one even showing Mary having a chat with the "dragon"wink.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Any more pictures to confirm the heresies of the Vatican? grin
Now this is amazing. If a protestant had supplied this picture it would have been something. Could it more plain than this? Here, Jesus is supposedly the baby. And Mary fights and overcomes the devil for him eh? Notice the crown hanging above the head of Mary rather than Jesus. They will soon drop it on her head now maybe in the next pishur cheesy
Is Mary now the King of kings? Is it now Mary rather than Jesus that died on the cross and overcame the evil one?
Carlosein et al, the truth is staring right at you in the face. Having been into all this stuff in the past though, i know that it only takes a special opening of one's eyes by Baba Himself for the obvious to dawn on one. My prayer is for that opening of eyes for all our RCC folks.

debosky:

I wont be surprised if someone were to come along and say Joseph is the Holy Spirit. I mean, what haven't we heard?

kulaShaker:

LMAO GOODNESS ALL SORTS OF DOCTRINES. its all good hahahaha grin
It's not all good o. It's not all good rara at all  wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2007
Lol. . . my PC dey slow me down just now while I was at the other thread. cheesy

debosky:

Carlosein link=topic=75506.msg1575221#msg1575221 date=1192040262:

No Ooo!! Your eyes are not "deceptive" you (sorry, "deceiving" you)! grin

As I often said, it's just a matter of time - you go see more confirmation. Right now, we're only dealing with the small ones - no big worries.

ricadelide:

Carlosein et al, the truth is staring right at you in the face. Having been into all this stuff in the past though, i know that it only takes a special opening of one's eyes by Baba Himself for the obvious to dawn on one. My prayer is for that opening of eyes for all our RCC folks.

I echo that prayer as well. May God help the innocent souls who are given to the problems of the Vatican. Open their eyes - and all the glory be unto Him.

ricadelide:

Now this is amazing. If a protestant had supplied this picture it would have been something.

Lol. . . plenty photos dey ground if them ready to bare the heat. In a matter of days, we go dey see so many of them.

Oya, Oby1 and her team of 'faithfuls', wey una? The woman over the dragon is not a 'Protestant' painting - and I guess simply because na 'Catholic' thing, the heresy can be swallowed, abi?

I dey pray for una as well O!

Cheers. cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 10:15am On Oct 11, 2007
Glory to Jesus
Honour to Mary

Oby, ebos, Carlosein. . . . .

i thought we agreed to disregard whatever Pilgrim and co post here?
i doesn't make sense defending or replying anything they post here
since they look for an argument when there is really none
we will keep having empty pages if we keep on with this debate.

common people, lets share what we came here for. . . . our faith
and pray in unism for our collective and individual needs.

@ the person that wanted to talk about societies, i was once a member of sacred heart of Jesus
but work and activities do not give me time to attend much these days
it is really aa great prayer group and it did help me when i was weak
i just joined Church warden in my parish but I'm stll facing the same problem

by the way, has anyone ever visited Ohum Monastery at Enugu State?
Good Lord, that was my best excursion ever as an undergradate
i went with the Legion of Mary during Lent and I have to say, it was an experience of a lifetime!
i went there with a particular intention and it was fulfilled

I still long to go back there and spend quality time the Lord
and the Monks there.

I will recommend that if anyone ever finds himself in that region, try to visit,
it is rewardind and refreshing.

God bless us all.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by locoman(m): 11:56am On Oct 11, 2007
[center]-[ Baal is The "Catholic" God ]-
DOCTRINES OF THE PAGAN SUN GODS
DOCTRINES OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH[/center]

1. The nativity of the Sun, the birth of Tammuz Dec. 25

The nativity of Jesus, or "Christmas" is held on December  25

2. The Midsummer festival of the Pagan was held on June 24 of each year 

The Nativity of St. John is held every year on June 24

3. The assumption of Semiramus who became the  mother godess of all Pagans

The assumption of Mary, who became the mother of God to all Catholics

4. The mother goddess was given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven. Jer. 7:18

The Virgin Mary is given the title, and worshipped as the Queen of Heaven by all Catholics.

4.a "Queen of Heaven" is wrath subduer of the Pagan god

Mary, "Queen of Heaven" subdues the wrath of Christ and His Father against sinners.

5. Cakes decorated to the goddess with a "+" drawn on it. Jer. 44:17,19

Hot cross buns are backed for Mary in most Roman Catholic churches

6. 40 days fasting before Easter for Tammuz, Ezek. 8:14

Catholics fast 40 days (Lent) before Easter

7. Sexual festival of Easter. Ezek 8:16

The Roman Catholic church initiated the sexual festival of Easter first in Christiandom

7a. Gathering at sunrise for worship Catholic church started Easter sunrise services first in Christiandom

8. The resurrection of Tammuz on Easter, and the procession of graven images during Easter holy week

All Roman Catholic churches parade partake in processions of graven images of Jesus,  Mary, and Peter, and of the saints during Easter week

9. Veneration of graven images of Baal, Ishtar, Tammuz and lesser gods in the heavens

All Roman Catholic churches venerate graven images of Jesus, Mary, Peter,  and of the "lesser" saints in the heavens

10. The belief of the constant immortality of the soul, and burning place of eternal torment

Rome teaches the belief of immortality of the soul and a burning place of eternal torment

11. Pagans believed in the doctrine of purgatory

Rome teaches the doctrine of purgatory

12. The belief of the dead visiting the living on a certain day each year. A feast is then held for all the dead on first day of November. (Called all souls day)

Rome teaches they must hold a festival for the dead on all souls day held Nov. 2, and all saints day held Nov. 1 of each year

13. Burning incense and candles Jer 11:17; Ezek 8:11

Rome, as well as every Satanic church burns incense and candles in their "masses"

14. Chants and repetitive prayers. Beaded prayer chains.

Rome as well as Satanists use chants and the beaded prayer chains. (Rome calls the chant "Gregorian chant" and the beaded chained "Rosary"wink

15. Symbol of the cross as symbol of Sun worship. Mesopotamian cylinder seals of old have been found that depicted the "cross in the sky" as a symbol of sun worship. Ancient carvings of an Assyrian kings have also had huge crosses carved on their chest. The oldest pictures in the world from Mesopotamia has text with is explaining the "cross" in the sky as the symbol for the sun. This particular archeological find is on display at the University Museum in Philadelphia PA.

The Roman Catholic church displays a plus sign "+" cross symbol not only on the walls, paintings, windows, and roofs of their churches. Their priests also have these crosses on their clothing. Many other churches also use them and even place them inside a circle as a double symbol of Baal. The crucifix itself is an elongated version of the cross of Baal as well. Pagan Rome of old offered human sacrifices to Baal on these crosses as well.

16. Pagans wear amulets and idols to scare away evil spirits

Roman Catholicism teaches the wearing of crucifixes and medals as a method of protection. The scapular is proof of that fact.

17. The round disk "sun" wafer with the IHS symbol for Isis, Horus & Seb, was eaten as food for the soul and worshipped as Baal incarnate

The Roman Catholic Eucharist / wafer also has the IHS carvings on it for Isis, Horus, and Seb. And it is also given as food for the soul, and is worshipped as god incarnate.

18. Pagan's would paint the child Tammuz and his mother Semiramus with the glory of the Sun around their heads

Rome paints the child Jesus and his mother Mary with halos of the Sun around their heads

19. Pagan's performed infant baptism, and the sprinkling of holy water

Rome practices infant baptism, as well as the sprinkling of holy water

20. Pagans taught Necromancy (Talking to the dead)

Rome teaches Mysticism (Novenas/prayers to the dead)

21. The first day of the week kept sacred to honor the Persian sun god  Mithra. The name of the day was changed to  "SUN"day

Rome admitted they changed the Sabbath from day 7 to day one in honor of "SUN"day

22. The title Pontifex Maximus was given to the chief head of the pagan Babylonian system of idolatry

The title Pontifex Maximus is the main title of the Popes of Rome

23. Pagan gods (Janus and Cybele) were believed to be holders of the keys to Heaven and Hell

The pope claims to have the keys of Peter within his clutches

24. The highest Pagan priest kings was carried on a throne to the to the Temple of his god in special ceremony

The Pope is carried on a portable throne to the Basilica of St. Peter (Sedia Gestoria) in special ceremony

25. The Pagan high priest king is believed to be the incarnate of the Sun god

The Pope proclaims to be Jesus Christ in the flesh on Earth

26. Pagan are taught to perform offerings of "good works" to appease the gods

Catholics are required to do penance, purchase indulgences, and perform many good works to gain salvation

27. Pagans had special houses for the virgin priestesses to be employed at Pagan temples. Some of these women were used as prostitutes for the heterosexual priests

The Roman Catholic church has Nuns

28. Pagan often had human sacrifices burned by fire as an offering to appease the sun god

Many millions of opposers of Roman Catholic doctrines were burned at the stake

29. Pagans believed that gold was the flesh of the "Sungod" and would fill their temples of worship with as much as possible

The Vatican is literally drenched in gold throughout, as are numerous cathedrals the world over

30. Pagans often placed stone carving of Gargoils upon their roofs as a pagan god of protection

The Vatican as well as thousands of Catholic churches across the globe have gargoils on their roofs

31. Phallic symbol of the male sex organ were placed on the roofs, or in courtyards of pagan temples

The Vatican has the largest phallic symbol in the middle of St Peter's square. Plus all Roman Catholic churches have them on their roofs. Today, we call them steeples.

32. The Solar  wheel is a symbol for Baal and was given reverence by the Pagans of old. This wheel can be found carved into ancient as well as modern Buddhist temples and carved into ancient ornamental form representing Osiris.
St Peter's square has largest solar wheel on the planet. ALL Catholic churches have numerous solar wheels in stain glass windows as well as many other areas of the church. Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris sports a very huge one on it's face.

There is a great one in ceiling as well as the floor tiles of the monastery of St. Ignatius Loyola in Spain. Numerous paintings, statues, ornaments, and letterheads of all Catholic churches have one or more "solar wheels" depicted upon them. And the ONE WORLD CHURCH that started on June 26, 2000 uses the solar wheel as its official logo on their letterhead

33. Archeologists have found numerous carvings of the serpent on Pagan Rome bath houses

The symbol of serpent can also be found on numerous Catholic churches in door handles, Papal crests, etc.

34. Pagans have depicted "Atlas" as carrying the universe on his shoulders. They would place a large globe upon his shoulders.

Numerous Popes have been depicted in paintings in the exact same manner. There are also some paintings and statues of Mary doing same

35. Pagans used the symbols of the "Unicorn, Peacock, and Phoenix" to signify some of their sun gods

Symbols of the "Unicorn, Peacock, and Phoenix" used to symbolize the "communion" of Christ are found carved in gold in many churches on doors or chapels as well as the small sanctuary buildings housing the Eucharist or wafer god of Rome

36. Crescent moon used to signify moon goddess "Nanna" was depicted in numerous paintings, etchings, carvings and statues. It was also used to cradle the sun god in wafer form before the people for worship

The crescent is also used to cradle Eucharist in the Monstrance of the Roman Catholic church, and is paraded before the people for worship. It is also seen in countless paintings, etchings, carvings, and sculptures

37. The three letters "S.F.S" within a small blaze was used to represent the universal mystery for the number "6" in the Pagan mysteries

S.F.S in a small blaze is boldly carved into the Vatican Monstrance for all to see in the Vatican museum as well as many monstrance's in churches the world over

38. Alternating rays of the sun burst used to represent unity of "man and woman" common in all aspects of Paganism. (Curved ray = female "yonic" Straight ray = male "phallic"wink

The monstrance of Catholicism, as well as many paintings and sculptures all depict same rays of both the "phallic and yonic" symbol can be found literally all over the Roman Catholic churches.

39. Carvings of "nature spirits" (fauns or satyrs) depicting a horned, hoofed-god were a common feature in all Pagan churches

Carvings of "nature spirits" (fauns or satyrs) depicting a horned, hoofed-god are found all over the Treasury of the Vatican beneath St Peters square as well as many Cathedrals around the world

40. The statues of a "Madonna" can be found in all Pagan churches as well as the Egyptian Madonna, Isis, with her son Horus, or Hindu churches with Divaki and her son Krishna

Mary is found in all Catholic churches holding baby Jesus wearing the same clothing, as well as Jesus making the same hand signals

41. The statue of Zeus holds symbol of thunder and a lightening bolt Pagans taught symbolised his position as a god.

Mary has been depicted in many statues in same manner all throughout the Vatican as well as many churches

42. Pagans have demi-gods holding crooked diving staffs that represent the serpent as well as the lightening bolt

The Pope himself carries the exact same staff today. (serpent crosiers) He is photographed often with it as well

43. In Pagan Rome you would find, Adad, Enlil, Baal, Neptune, Poseidon and other "gods" of storm and sea being depicted as carrying tridents in their hands

Crosses as well as statues of Jesus and Mary in Cathedrals all over the world carved with tridents on them. There is even a gold statue of baby Jesus in the Vatican with three tridents coming out of his head. All three tridents also depict the phallic and yonic symbolism as well in that statue. They even curved the forks to make that fact known.

44. Hand gestures in the form of a trident can be  found depicted in Pagan gods such as Jupiter, Buddah, Appollo, and Hindu diety's as well. They are called "votive hands" in pagan temples

Statue of St. Peter (Originally the old Jupiter statue of Rome) as well as millions of other statues, paintings, photos, and videos of everyone from Jesus and Mary to priests, cardinals,bishops, all the Popes, Vatican guards, and even lay people themselves in the Catholic church can be seen holding up the three finger trident salute of pagan Rome. (Now called the salute to the Trinity)

45. Pine cones used to represent the deity of a  solar god Osiris, Bacchus, Dionysus,  as well as Mexican gods, Hindu gods, and Assyrian gods can be found all throughout Pagan Rome

The largest pine cone sculpture in the world is found in the "Court of the pine cone" at the Vatican. The pine cone is also found carved into the crooked pagan staff (serpent crosier) of the Popes of Rome. In fact the pine cone is found all throughout the Vatican as well as Cathedrals as decoration. The staff the pope holds with the deformed Jesus and crooked cross on it has a pine cone under the base of the cross.

46. Oanne, the Babylonian fish-god (half man half fish) was depicted by Pagan high priests by wearing a fish head mitre (head dress) upon a mans head to symbolize man and fish joining when the "sun god" set into the ocean.
(Neptune = case in point. Half man half fish) One particular Biblical deity that confirms this is "Dagon" found in 1Samuel. (Dag=fish  On=sun)

Mitres or head dresses that are worn by all Popes of Catholicism are an exact duplicate of these Dagon head dresses.

47. The Roman sun-god face with the alternating yonic and phallic symbols surrounding his head was found carved in excavated Roman bath houses in England. It is also found as "Apollo"  on the facade of the Pergamum Museum in East Berlin.

Almost all Catholic churches have the exact same carving above their pulpits, pillars, on statues, as well as carved into ceilings above altars. Some Catholic churches actually have it carved into the Eucharist itself. There is also a statue in Rome of Mary cradling the face within a blaze in her arms as if he is her child. Plus, many Weather reporters use this face inside a solar blaze as a graphic for their weather reports

48. Statues of the Romanized Egyptians Isis with globes in her hand, Hercules as a solar deity carried the very same globe in his hand, and the Persian sun-god Mithra is also depicted with the globe in his hand as a sign he is ruler of the Universe.

The Vatican has a solid gold statue of Jesus with the globe in hand, a black marble statue called "the black virgin of Montserrat" and a statue of a "child Jesus" with globe in hand as well as countless other statues all over the world with Mary and others holding the globe

49. Coptic shells were carved to symbolize the Universe as well. Roman grave stones used them to represent the Heavens. Statues of Atlas can be found carrying the "universe" shell upon his shoulders. Pagan Rome carved Poseidon with the shell as part of his head. Venus was said to be born from within a Coptic shell.

St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican has this Pagan symbol within the papal crest upon the wall. The Coptic shell is also found over the crypt of St. Paul's Cathedral in London. This cosmic symbol is often used as a font for holding holy water in Catholic churches the world over. They even have statues of angels holding this pagan symbol filled with holy water

50. The large evil eye can be found carved on a Roman sarcophagus in the National Archaeological Museum in Rome Italy. Masonic pendants have them as well. Hathor, the "eye of Osiris" can be found all over Egyptian temple. It was commonly used as protection against evil magic

This very same evil eye within the pyramid is found on Roman Catholic pulpits, ceilings, altars, doors, pendants, medals, etc. It is also on the back of the dollar bill of the USA on the left side floating above an unfinished pyramid.

51. The multi-level crown of the high Pagan priest was first worn by old Babylonian gods in 1800BC. The horned tiara was carved atop Assyrian winged-bull cherubims as well. The Jewish Kabbalistic solar deity wore this very same tiara, as did Krishna.

The bronze tomb of Pope Sixtus depicts his dead body in bronze with this three ringed tiara on his head. On that tiara you can also see 6 serpents upon it. All the Popes have worn the tiara as a symbol of their authority as "gods of the earth, heaven, and hell." Hence, the "three rings" upon it. The Vatican has a solid gold tiara on display in the Vatican treasury at all times. This is the very crown the Pope will hand to Antichrist when he arrives to impersonate Jesus Christ in the days ahead.

52. Quetzalcoatl, "the lord of life and death" in the Aztec and Toltec cultures of 1000 AD had an opened chest with an exposed heart displayed in his statues. This was believed to be nourishment offered to the sun gods.

Literally hundreds of thousands of statues, paintings, posters, lithographs, rings, medals, and icons have Jesus as well as Mary depicted in the exact same manner with what the Catholic church calls "The sacred heart." Notice that these "sacred hearts" also have the symbols of the sun god Mithra glowing rather boldly behind them at all times.

53. Assyrian carvings show eagles as genies hovering over the dead. Their "book of the dead" depicts just such a picture on its cover.

Eagles are used as symbols all over the Roman Catholic church. See Rev 18:2 for it speaks of the Vatican as the "hold of ever foul spirit, and a cage of ever unclean and hateful bird."

What else do we want to hear!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by tomX1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 11, 2007
This controversy was stired up by false allegations of an ill informed poster

Qoute from @Pilgrim.1 Sept 28, 2007
The basic question that must be asked remains: WHO really is "the Glory of Israel"?

* Roman Catholicism: Mary - 'Glory of Israel' (from the 'Litany of Loreto')

* Bible: God - 'the Glory of Israel'

There is no where in the Litany of Loreto where the Virgin Mary was refered to as Glory of Isreal.
the litany of loreto can be found on the following websites:
http://www.ewtn.com/faith/Teachings/maryd6f.htm
http://www.intermirifica.org/Mary/marylitany.htm

Lets stop stirring up unneccesary controversy in a vain and self-righteous attempt to be seen as Holy.

The full text of the Litany of loreto is shown bellow.

[center]Litany of Loreto
V. Lord, have mercy.
R. Christ have mercy.
V. Lord have mercy. Christ hear us.
R. Christ graciously hear us.
God the Father of heaven, have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world, have mercy on us.
God the Holy Spirit, have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, one God, have mercy on us.

Holy Mary, pray for us.
Holy Mother of God, pray for us.
Holy Virgin of Virgins, [etc.]
Mother of Christ,
Mother of divine grace,
Mother most pure,
Mother most chaste,
Mother inviolate,
Mother undefiled,
Mother most amiable,
Mother most admirable,
Mother of good Counsel,
Mother of our Creator,
Mother of our Savior,
Virgin most prudent,
Virgin most venerable,
Virgin most renowned,
Virgin most powerful,
Virgin most merciful,
Virgin most faithful,
Mirror of justice,
Seat of wisdom,
Cause of our joy,
Spiritual vessel,
Vessel of honor,
Singular vessel of devotion,
Mystical rose,
Tower of David,
Tower of ivory,
House of gold,
Ark of the covenant,
Gate of heaven,
Morning star,
Health of the sick,
Refuge of sinners,
Comforter of the afflicted,
Help of Christians,
Queen of Angels,
Queen of Patriarchs,
Queen of Prophets,
Queen of Apostles,
Queen of Martyrs,
Queen of Confessors,
Queen of Virgins,
Queen of all Saints,
Queen conceived without original sin,
Queen assumed into heaven,
Queen of the most holy Rosary,
Queen of peace,

V. Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world,
R. Spare us, O Lord.
R. Graciously hear us, O Lord.
Have mercy on us.

V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray. Grant, we beseech Thee, O Lord God, that we thy servants may enjoy perpetual health of mind and body, and by the glorious intercession of blessed Mary, ever Virgin, may we be freed from present sorrow, and rejoice in eternal happiness. Through Christ our Lord. R. Amen.

The versicle and prayer after the litany may be varied by season. Thus, during Advent (from the fourth Sunday before Christmas to Christmas Eve):

V. The Angel of the Lord declared unto Mary.
R. And she conceived by the Holy Spirit.

Let us pray. O God, who hast willed that by the message of an Angel, thy Word should receive flesh from the womb of the Virgin Mary: grant unto thy suppliants, that we who believe that she is truly the Mother of God, may be assisted by her intercession before Thee. Through the same Christ our Lord. R. Amen.

From Christmas to Candlemass (the Feast of the Presentation), that is through February 1:

V. Thou gavest birth without loss of thy virginity.
R. Intercede for us, O holy Mother of God.

Let us pray. O God, Who by the fruitful virginity of blessed Mary hast offered unto the human race the rewards of eternal salvation, grant, we beseech thee, that we may know the effects of her intercession, through whom we have deserved to receive the author of life, our Lord Jesus Christ, Thy Son. R. Amen.

From Candlemass to Easter (through Holy Week), AND from the day after Pentecost (or from Trinity Sunday, if Pentecost is celebrated with octave) to the beginning of Advent:

V. "Pray for us" and prayer "Grant unto thy servants," as above:

During Eastertide (from Easter day through Pentecost, and throughout the octave of Pentecost if it is celebrated):

V. Rejoice and be glad, O Virgin Mary, alleluia.
R. For the Lord is truely risen, alleluia.

Let us pray. O God, Who by the resurrection of Thy Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, hast vouchsafed to make glad the whole world, grant, we beseech Thee, that through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, His mother, we may attain the joys of eternal life, through the same Christ our Lord. R. Amen. [/center]
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:21pm On Oct 11, 2007
viee:

Glory to Jesus
Honour to Mary

Oby, ebos, Carlosein. . . . .

i thought we agreed to disregard whatever Pilgrim and co post here?
i doesn't make sense defending or replying anything they post here
since they look for an argument when there is really none
we will keep having empty pages if we keep on with this debate.

common people, lets share what we came here for. . . . our faith
and pray in unism for our collective and individual needs.

@ the person that wanted to talk about societies, i was once a member of sacred heart of Jesus
but work and activities do not give me time to attend much these days
it is really aa great prayer group and it did help me when i was weak
i just joined Church warden in my parish but I'm stll facing the same problem

by the way, has anyone ever visited Ohum Monastery at Enugu State?
Good Lord, that was my best excursion ever as an undergradate
i went with the Legion of Mary during Lent and I have to say, it was an experience of a lifetime!
i went there with a particular intention and it was fulfilled

I still long to go back there and spend quality time the Lord
and the Monks there.

I will recommend that if anyone ever finds himself in that region, try to visit,
it is rewardind and refreshing.

God bless us all.

viee, is truee and we are all keeping to "ignorance" them.

and to all my good brothers and sisters thanks a million for all your prayers for my request unto God has been granted, through the glorious intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary and the Saints.

thanks a lot.

@tomx
welcome my brother.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 12:40am On Oct 12, 2007
@tomX:

This controversy was stired up by false allegations of an ill informed poster

Qoute from @Pilgrim.1 Sept 28, 2007

There is no where in the Litany of Loreto where the Virgin Mary was refered to as Glory of Isreal.
the litany of loreto can be found on the following websites:
http://www.ewtn.com/faith/Teachings/maryd6f.htm
http://www.intermirifica.org/Mary/marylitany.htm

@tomx,

I'm sorry to have to disappoint you. However, let me show you a few pointers to the FACT that not many Catholics are aware that the Vatican recognizes the title of "Glory of Israel" as one of the chosen titles of Mary in the Roman Catholic Church. Please carefully observe the following.

1. Some Catholics who are aware of the fact have freely used the title of "Glory of Israel" in reference to Mary; and I'd give just one example. Please go to this link advertizing Rosaries, scroll to the picture of the beads with the caption: "Vessel of Honour" (it is about the 12th photo from the top). Beside it is written in parenthesis: "(Glory of Israel)". Could anyone please let me know why this is so?

2. Please excuse my "ignorance", but then the following is copied from another CATHOLIC website, on the same Litany of Loreto (here the responses on the left are not posted; just the titles unedited remain):

The Litany of Loreto

The Litany of Loreto, a Marian litany, contains invocations that date back to the twelfth century. It was recorded in its present form (apart from a few additions by recent popes) at Loreto in 1558 and approved by Sixtus V (1521-1590). For about half of the invocations, the present translation uses the traditional renderings, which have been in use since the seventeenth century.

[center]Lord, have mercy
Christ, have mercy
Lord, have mercy

God our Father in heaven
God the Son, Redeemer of the world
God the Holy Spirit
Holy Trinity, one God
Holy Mary
Holy Mother of God
Most honored of virgins
Mother of Christ
Mother of the Church
Mother of divine grace
Mother most pure
Mother of chaste love
Mother and virgin
Sinless Mother
Dearest of motherhood
Model of motherhood
Mother of good counsel
Mother of our Creator
Mother of our Savior
Virgin most wise
Virgin rightly praised
Virgin rightly renowned
Virgin most powerful
Virgin gentle in mercy
Faithful Virgin
Mirror of justice
Throne of wisdom
Cause of our joy
Shrine of the Spirit
Glory of Israel
Vessel of selfless devotion
Mystical Rose
Tower of David
Tower of ivory
House of gold
Ark of the convenant
Gate of heaven
Morning Star
Health of the sick
Refuge of sinners
Comfort of the troubled
Help of Christians
Queen of angels
Queen of patriarchs and prophets
Queen of apostles and martyrs
Queen of confessors and virgins
Queen of all saints
Queen conceived without original sin
Queen assumed into heaven
Queen of the rosary
Queen of peace[/center]

Source: (http://www.amm.org/prayers/litanyloreto.asp)

Could you guys just simply go there and confirm that the highlighted title (Glory of Israel) that appears between "Shrine of the Spirit" and "Vessel of selfless devotion" are still there BEFORE they are removed?

A note of observation. As in the introduction to the above, perhaps some Popes have a few recent additions to the Litany of Loreto; but there again, we read that: "For about half of the invocations, the present translation uses the traditional renderings, which have been in use since the seventeenth century". I hope you saw that? Thank you.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by pilgrim1(f): 12:43am On Oct 12, 2007
3. Please, I beg you to go again and see that THE SAME THING appears in yet another CATHOLIC website - this time: UNITED STATES CONFERENCE OF CATHOLIC BISHOPS (http://www.usccb.org/prolife/liturgy/98mary.shtml). Please go there and confirm that the title "Glory of Israel" appears in the same position as quoted above: between "Shrine of the Spirit" and "Vessel of selfless devotion". You may not be so lucky to see it once it is removed. grin

4. In another CATHOLIC website (The Catholic Key - Newspaper of the Diocese of Kansas City), we read the following:

[list]"Good devotions are rooted in the Bible, supported by the liturgy and oriented to service. Then they will truly honor the mother of divine grace, the mother of chaste love, the mother of good counsel, the virgin most wise, the virgin most powerful, the virgin gentle in mercy, the mirror of justice, the throne of wisdom, the cause of our joy, the glory of Israel, the vessel of selfless devotion, the gate of heaven, the morning star, the health of the sick, the refuge of sinners, the comfort of the troubled, the help of Christians, the queen of the angels, the queen of patriarchs and prophets, the queen of apostles and martyrs, the queen of confessors and virgins, the queen of the rosary and the queen of peace. Her name is Mary."[/list]

Source: (http://www.catholickey.com/index.php3?gif=1&gif=viewpoints.gif&mode=view&issue=20041015&article_id=3111)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (155) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 237
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.