Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,485 members, 7,865,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (119537 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:19pm On Apr 04, 2008
@oby,

You never hear say me be FBI and you dey ask where I go see una sample pix. No be St. Charles Olodi Apapa wey u dey worship and I fit send one of my guys there o. As for Viee and Carlosein na St Mary Isolo them dey worship. Carlosein na Catechism Teacher there and I fit send guys there too. Though, my legs never reach Isolo before but as FBI wey me be now (new title) - as Viee say I dey feel like that, I fit identify una.

when you reach St.Charles who u go tell them sey u dey look for?   grin

@Viee
E go hard before you see my phone on in the night. I dey switch am off.  As for Lindiwe, ebos go interview her one day but she no go fit know say na ebos. 

FBI suppose dey switch off e phone?   grin fake FBI grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:25pm On Apr 04, 2008
PamCarl this love be like sey e don rekindle, this time e b like sey na wit full force grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 2:27pm On Apr 04, 2008
viee how you dey? the server na real pain in the ass, at times e go nearly make u cry, but thank God it has picked up.

Lawyer i greet o

Lindiwe glad to know that Bayelsa is quite cool, like viee said just be watchful and careful.

No Saint of the day?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 2:36pm On Apr 04, 2008
Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your prayers. I also pray she will be ok.

@Viee & oby

Me know say una sabi yarn for mouth - so fun. You can get yourselves in our home movies? Make una listen, when my guys go reach St Charles them go know wetin to yarn. By the way, from your ID's name, one can know say you be oby and a Legionary while Viee go be Victoria or Vicky. cheesy grin

@Carlosein,

It's like Viee wan bring our attention to you and Parmperme. What's really happening? Make una tell us now. cheesy

@Lindiwe,

I hope say those bad guys in Bayelsa never dey demand ransom from your head? Beware of kidnappers in Bayelsa. Was in Ahoada today and that's 20 minutes to Bayelsa. Where is Lawyer and Biafran? Maybe, Uwazurike is still trying to tell us there is hope in Biafran after Ojukwu failed. Until she comes! grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:10pm On Apr 04, 2008
@oby,

I'm telling you, I switch my phone off from 10pm till the next morning because I don't joke with my sleep except now my mum is sick. It's now on for 24hrs. If there is anything my friends wants us to discuss, then let be daytime. Some people often disturb others with their midnight calls and it's wrong.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 3:24pm On Apr 04, 2008
ebos:

@oby,

I'm telling you, I switch my phone off from 10pm till the next morning because I don't joke with my sleep except now my mum is sick. It's now on for 24hrs. If there is anything my friends wants us to discuss, then let be daytime. Some people often disturb others with their midnight calls and it's wrong.

sure is wrong, i don't like it either but there are some midnite calls that might b very important.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 3:45pm On Apr 04, 2008
@Oby,

Why? You no wan even dey brief me how St Charles Olodi, Apapa dey now. I could remember one group that used to meet every Sunday 4pm - it comprises young brothers and sisters. My cousin used to tell me about the group then and they used to pay him visits. I can't remember the name of the group and they give report like Legionaries.

Mass: 3 times
Communion: once
Visit to the Blessed/S: 5 time
Something like that but they are not Legionaries. Are they still existing? cheesy grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 4:10pm On Apr 04, 2008
April 4, 2008

St. Isidore of Seville

(560?-636)

The 76 years of Isidore's life were a time of conflict and growth for the Church in Spain. The Visigoths had invaded the land a century and a half earlier and shortly before Isidore's birth they set up their own capital. They were Arians—Christians who said Christ was not God. Thus Spain was split in two: One people (Catholic Romans) struggled with another (Arian Goths).
Isidore reunited Spain, making it a center of culture and learning, a teacher and guide for other European countries whose culture was also threatened by barbarian invaders.

Born in Cartagena of a family that included three other saints, he was educated (severely) by his elder brother, whom he succeeded as bishop of Seville.

An amazingly learned man, he was sometimes called "The Schoolmaster of the Middle Ages" because the encyclopedia he wrote was used as a textbook for nine centuries. He required seminaries to be built in every diocese, wrote a Rule for religious orders and founded schools that taught every branch of learning. Isidore wrote numerous books, including a dictionary, an encyclopedia, a history of Goths and a history of the world—beginning with creation! He completed the Mozarabic liturgy, which is still in use in Toledo, Spain. For all these reasons Isidore (as well as several other saints) has been suggested as patron of the Internet.

He continued his austerities even as he approached 80. During the last six months of his life, he increased his charities so much that his house was crowded from morning till night with the poor of the countryside.

Comment:

Our country can well use Isidore's spirit of combining learning and holiness. Loving, understanding knowledge can heal and bring a broken people back together. We are not barbarians like the invaders of Isidore's Spain. But people who are swamped by riches and overwhelmed by scientific and technological advances can lose much of their understanding love for one another. So vast was Isidore's knowledge that some moderns have proposed him as the patron of Internet users.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 4:27pm On Apr 04, 2008
Oby1:

PamCarl this love be like sey e don rekindle, this time e b like sey na wit full force grin

na u know tongue

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 4:44pm On Apr 04, 2008
@Pamperne

Thanks for that info on St. Isidore, I have to track down his works.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2008
Pamperme:

na u know tongue

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary grin

yes o na una all sabi, make una dey use una mouth drive trailer grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:52pm On Apr 04, 2008
ebos:

@Oby,

Why? You no wan even dey brief me how St Charles Olodi, Apapa dey now. I could remember one group that used to meet every Sunday 4pm - it comprises young brothers and sisters. My cousin used to tell me about the group then and they used to pay him visits. I can't remember the name of the group and they give report like Legionaries.

Mass: 3 times
Communion: once
Visit to the Blessed/S: 5 time
Something like that but they are not Legionaries. Are they still existing? cheesy grin

No b small small u wan take gather information so (i suspect u o)   grin If u wan know how St.Charles dey now then is better u pay visit at least that your face wey u dey hide person go see am.

I don't think i know the group, this must be legionaries or block Rosary.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 4:53pm On Apr 04, 2008
ok o, we go know wen una call us to celebrate with u
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:54pm On Apr 04, 2008
~Lady~:

@Pamperne

Thanks for that info on St. Isidore, I have to track down his works.

so i miss the feast of st isidore today cos i no go mass. chai na wa o  undecided! kai how i miss st. mary.

St isidore is one of the doctors of the church including anthony of padua, augustine of hippo,

theresa of avila and about 29 other saints.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Uzzyan: 10:14pm On Apr 04, 2008
I couldnt just go for mass today for some reasons, men it was funny shaaa cos it was held at my door step.
Carlosein u dont miss mi sheee
Oby dear whats gwan? Keep the flames heating.
LAwye and ebo how far?
Nyways guys later my exams are fast approaching!1
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 2:16am On Apr 05, 2008
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 12:58pm On Apr 05, 2008
uzzyan, hey i miss u like grin

where have u been now. wish u all d best in ya exams oh! come online more often now.

may the grace of God see you through.

Glory to Jesus, Honour to Mary. cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 3:24pm On Apr 05, 2008
and for viee also, all the best on tuesday.

go slam d exams like a grand slam grin

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 9:49am On Apr 07, 2008
How are u all doing this great monday morning?
Hope you all went for mass yesterday? This is wishing you all a very splendid week.

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 9:50am On Apr 07, 2008
April 7, 2008

St. John Baptist de la Salle

(1651-1719)

Complete dedication to what he saw as God's will for him dominated the life of John Baptist de la Salle. In 1950, Pope Pius XII named him patron of schoolteachers for his efforts in upgrading school instruction. As a young seventeenth-century Frenchman, John had everything going for him: scholarly bent, good looks, noble family background, money, refined upbringing. At the early age of 11, he received the tonsure and started preparation for the priesthood, to which he was ordained at 27. He seemed assured then of a life of dignified ease and a high position in the Church.
But God had other plans for John, which were gradually revealed to him in the next several years. During a chance meeting with M. Nyel of Raven, he became interested in the creation of schools for poor boys in Raven, where he was stationed. Though the work was extremely distasteful to him at first, he became more involved in working with the deprived youths.

Once convinced that this was his divinely appointed mission, John threw himself wholeheartedly into the work, left home and family, abandoned his position as canon at Rheims, gave away his fortune and reduced himself to the level of the poor to whom he devoted his entire life.

The remainder of his life was closely entwined with the community of religious men he founded, the Brothers of the Christian School (Christian Brothers, or De La Salle Brothers). This community grew rapidly and was successful in educating boys of poor families using methods designed by John, preparing teachers in the first training college for teachers and also setting up homes and schools for young delinquents of wealthy families. The motivating element in all these endeavors was the desire to become a good Christian.

Yet even in his success, John did not escape experiencing many trials: heartrending disappointment and defections among his disciples, bitter opposition from the secular schoolmasters who resented his new and fruitful methods and persistent opposition from the Jansenists of his time, whose heretical doctrines John resisted vehemently all his life.

Afflicted with asthma and rheumatism in his last years, he died on Good Friday at 68 and was canonized in 1900.

Comment:

Complete dedication to one's calling by God, whatever it may be, is a rare quality. Jesus asks us to "love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength" (Mark 12:30b, emphasis added). Paul gives similar advice: "Whatever you do, do from the heart, " (Colossians 3:23).

Quote:
"What is nobler than to mold the character of the young? I consider that he who knows how to form the youthful mind is truly greater than all painters, sculptors and all others of that sort" (St. John Chrysostom).
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 11:03am On Apr 07, 2008
Pamperme:

How are u all doing this great monday morning?
Hope you all went for mass yesterday? This is wishing you all a very splendid week.

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary grin

fine pam and you?

Quote:
"What is nobler than to mold the character of the young? I consider that he who knows how to form the youthful mind is truly greater than all painters, sculptors and all others of that sort" (St. John Chrysostom).

couldn't agree less.

have a great week ahead wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 12:22pm On Apr 07, 2008
Helloooooooooo everyone, hope you all had a great weekend and i pray this week will be a joyful one for us.

Uzzyan:

I couldnt just go for mass today for some reasons, men it was funny shaaa because it was held at my door step.
Carlosein u don't miss mi sheee
Oby dear whats gwan? Keep the flames heating.
LAwye and ebo how far?
Nyways guys later my exams are fast approaching!1

Uzzy na wao once in blue moon? hope you come out in flying colors in your exam.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 12:50pm On Apr 07, 2008
~Lady~:

Hello all, here are some writings on the passing of Mary that I found. Seems interesting, enjoy.

http://www.uoregon.edu/~sshoemak/texts/dormitionG2/dormitionG2.htm

http://www.uoregon.edu/~sshoemak/texts/dormitionL/dormitionL1.htm

http://www.uoregon.edu/~sshoemak/texts/dormitionL/dormitionL3.htm

interesting, still going thru thanks
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 5:59pm On Apr 07, 2008
this is wishing Viee all the best in her exams tomorrow. I will remember to say 10 decades for you tomorrow. All the best sis.

Good nite to you all.

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2008
'sup peeps! cheesy

my gosh, it's been ages! smiley

there's been absolutely no access to the internet since Wednesday!
Bayelsa isn't all that afterall, gosh, how i miss Lag!!! kiss cry

the internet cameup only this evening, and annoyingly slow! angry

wat's kicking in da house
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 9:14pm On Apr 07, 2008
Oby1:

No b small small u wan take gather information so (i suspect u o) grin If u wan know how St.Charles dey now then is better u pay visit at least that your face wey u dey hide person go see am.

Smart girl,  wink  Ebos them don sabi your trick finish,  shocked
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2008
Pamperme:

this is wishing Viee all the best in her exams tomorrow. I will remember to say 10 decades for you tomorrow. All the best sis.

Good night to you all.

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary cool

that would be wonderful Pam, just do that for her wink

Viee, be rest assured that we would offer up our good works and thoughts to our dear Lord for the successful of your exam, i know He won't turn down our offerings of love and brotherhood wink
So bounce in there sis, and give your lecturers assignment, lol! cheesy
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2008
Ebos, d kidnappers no fit try am at all, i no say dem no fit! I go reveal their secret if dem try am cheesy, moreover i careful for this place no be small!

How's mumsi doing?, better i i guess, not with all those Hail Marys wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:51pm On Apr 07, 2008
'sup Oby1, hope you're tight, trust you girl wink

Peeps, good news, heard from Biafran today, thank God she's still breathing, was beginning to think otherwise, she's touring West Africa, little wonder she's been out of reaach,
Hoping to have her around soon,

So that's it for today, once again, thank you Jesus for a day well spent, please give us the gift of another day if it so pleases you kiss

Now don't forget to thank Him if you make it to Tuesday, 8th of April 2008,
Nite nite all

Have a great day tomorrow!
nw 'sleep', you're free to take me away! kiss
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by ebos(m): 11:21am On Apr 08, 2008
Hey guys,

I send my greetings to you all. Where is Lawyer? Viee has disappeared too. Hope she is ok.

@Oby or Obiageri,

I'm not trying to unmask you by asking you questions. If I really want to identify you - just a trip to Lagos the job is done.

@Lindiwe,

Good to hear that you are ok and careful in Bayelsa. My mum I may say - we leave everything to God.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Bmcc(m): 12:23pm On Apr 08, 2008
hi Guys

i just joined this forum and i hope i have a lot to benefit from you guys. GLORY TO JESUS HONOR TO MARY
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 12:39pm On Apr 08, 2008
Bmcc:

hi Guys

i just joined this forum and i hope i have a lot to benefit from you guys. GLORY TO JESUS HONOR TO MARY

Welcome on board and God bless you mightily

Glory to Jesus

Honour to Mary

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (155) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.