Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,551 members, 7,865,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 02:55 PM

Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! - Religion (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (119542 Views)

The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2008
~Lady~:

Thanks so much for your prayers. She went into surgery and made it out alive.
Please pray for he speedy recovery.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.

this is nice to read, God is always faithful and our Lady is the Virgin most Powerful.

we continue to pray for her quick path to recovery.

Glory to God in the Highest, and peace to men of goodwill. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:01pm On Apr 10, 2008
kudos Carlos and Pam,
keep keeping the thread alive!
seems everyone is on sabatical grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2008
~Lady~:

Thanks so much for your prayers. She went into surgery and made it out alive.
Please pray for he speedy recovery.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with you, blessed are you amongst women and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death. Amen.

That's good to know, blessed be God, blessed be His Holy name!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2008
Bmcc:

this is a wonderful forum to be in and its also good that we help pray for those who are in need not only in this forum when ever we remember to pray for them too. to our friend whose mother is sick i pray the almight to lay HIS MIGHTY HEALING HANDS ON HER Amen. thank you guys again for keeping the faith.GLORY to JESUS HONOR to MARY.
Bmcc, welcome on board brother!
keep in mind that it is in giving that we receive, share with the house what you've got and we'll all learn from each other wink

Peeps, once again catch y'all,
For God and for youth, through christ! wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 7:53am On Apr 11, 2008
"It is vanity to follow the desires of the flesh and to desire that for wish you must afterwards be grieviously punished"
                                                  , St . Thomas A Kempis
                                                       Imitation of Christ

This great saint also said in his book that it is vanity to attend only to this present life and not to look to those things which are to come,

Good morning y'all
Have a great day wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Bmcc(m): 9:09am On Apr 11, 2008
Lindiwe:

That's good to know, blessed be God, blessed be His Holy name!

Thanks guys for welcoming me on baord this beautiful thread and a lovely forum . i beleive we can also help each other too in areas of needs like LINIWE said we can share nice ideas and talk more about our beautiful faith
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 10:41am On Apr 11, 2008
good morning brethren, this world na wa o.

see this link i just saw:

http://www.myjoyonline.com/news/200804/15129.asp

may God protect us and we protect ourselves in this day and age!

me i choose to follow the Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church founded by Christ,

through His apostles, with Mary as Her Mother and model.

so be it.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 10:53am On Apr 11, 2008
who follows the great religion and who is a great one?

(the controversial Great Religion of olorioko seun)
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 11, 2008
This was composed by someone contemplating the pierced side of Christ -->

Vidi Aquam:
Vidi aquam egredientem de templo,
a latere dextro, alleluia:
et omnes, ad quos pervenit aqua ista,
salvi facti sunt, et dicent, alleluia, alleluia.

Confitemini Domino quoniam bonus: Quoniam in saeculum misericordia eius.

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto:
Sicut erat in principio, et nunc, et semper, et in saecula sæculorum. Amen.

Translation
Vidi Aquam (in English):

I saw water coming forth from the temple
on the right side, alleluia:
and all those to whom this water came
were saved, and shall say, alleluia, alleluia.

Give praise to the Lord, for He is good: For His mercy endureth forever.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost: As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:45pm On Apr 11, 2008
Carlosein:

me i choose to follow the Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church founded by Christ,

so be it.

Na wao wonders shall never cease to happen, well is not a new thing.

These days have been so hectic for me in the office, not been easy at all.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:47pm On Apr 11, 2008
Lady may God be blessed for the healing, he is a faithful God who never ignores the prayer of his faithfuls and that same God will perfect the healing on your mum.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:54pm On Apr 11, 2008
Parmcarl how una dey, abeg wen d main thing go shele? grin
Ebos hope u never travel go Lebanon cheesy
Viee how far hope this exam no hot like that o kiss

Lindiwe how is Bayelsa, hope u are coping so wen r you coming back to Lagos? hope dir is a Parish near u wir you will attend Sunday's mass? Love u dear kiss

Lawyer na wao wetin dey happen nobody hear from you again wink
Bmcc sup!
Imhotep i salute o wink

Wish you all a lovely weekend kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss and kiss
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 6:21pm On Apr 11, 2008
oby, make u begin dey take purge medicine now cos we go soon invite una

to d main thing ehn.

have a splendid weekend all. God bless. cool
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 8:27pm On Apr 11, 2008
Oby1:

Parmcarl how una dey, abeg when d main thing go shele? grin
Ebos hope u never travel go Lebanon cheesy
Viee how far hope this exam no hot like that o kiss

Lindiwe how is Bayelsa, hope u are coping so when r you coming back to Lagos? hope dir is a Parish near u wir you will attend Sunday's mass? Love u dear kiss

Lawyer na wao wetin dey happen nobody hear from you again wink
Bmcc sup!
Imhotep i salute o wink

Wish you all a lovely weekend kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss and kiss

Hey oby, good to have you back again, was beginning to imagine so many things  cheesy

I wan cope die for Bayelsa oh  grin
Yeah, i was introduced to a parish here, St Mathias Catholic Church, for now i can only attend Sunday mass, would soon make out time for Saturday mass, daily mass is definitely out of the question, because we live and eat work here, very sad  sad

Lagos? wish i knew when i'll be there, oh home, sweet home!
See me sounding like i'm in one far away country cheesy

Pam,
Was looking forward to today's readings, i'm not quite happy you didn't post it sad
Please don't forget again oh, a lot of us appreciate the effort,
kudos sis!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 9:02pm On Apr 11, 2008
Carlosein:

oby, make u begin dey take purge medicine now because we go soon invite una

to d main thing ehn.

have a splendid weekend all. God bless. cool

Carlos & Pam, hope say i go get an invite as well, i no go mind teleporting myself to Lag, lol!
Make una court well well oh, or we no go organise marriage class for una grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 9:05pm On Apr 11, 2008
Bmcc:

Thanks guys for welcoming me on baord this beautiful thread and a lovely forum . i beleive we can also help each other too in areas of needs like LINIWE said we can share nice ideas and talk more about our beautiful faith

Preach on brother wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 11:27am On Apr 12, 2008
I'll like to share my reflection this morning on the words of Thomas A Kempis (Imitation of Christ)

"Oh, if men would use as much diligence in rooting out vices and planting virtues, as they do in proposing questions, there would not be so many evils nor scandals among the people.
Verily, when the day of judgement comes, we shall not be examined on what we have read, but on what we have done; not on how learnedly we have spoken, but on how religiously we have lived".

He is truly great, who has great charity.
He is truly great, who is little in his own eyes and esteems all honours as naught.
He is truly prudent who considers all earthly things as nothing, that he may gain Christ.
And he is very learned indeed, who does the will of God, and renounces his own will.

Dear Lord Jesus, grant us a truly Christian spirit, a Christian heart and guide us in the paths of Christain life. Grant that we may direct all our knowledge and exertions to please and to love you and to obtain your love for time and eternity.
Amen!

Have a restful weekend peeps,
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:16pm On Apr 12, 2008
Lindiwe:

Carlos & Pam, hope say i go get an invite as well, i no go mind teleporting myself to Lag, lol!

marriage class go hold for your parish now as a mark of honour to you grin

i really like the idea of teleporting yourself!
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Carlosein(m): 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2008
hey guys make una enjoy the weekend and see you on monday (hopefully) wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 10:48am On Apr 13, 2008
Carlosein:

marriage class go hold for your parish now as a mark of honour to you grin

i really like the idea of teleporting yourself!

cheesy kiss wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 11:07am On Apr 13, 2008
In today's Gospel reading, clearly Jesus was not discussing sheep just because they are gentle, pleasant animals, rather He used their innocent, trusting nature to demonstrate the qualities that will enable us to know Him more.
The sheep will follow only the shepherd's voice because they know that he has their concerns at the forefront of his heart

We live in a time when many voices call out to us in the course of a day. While some of these voices are good and others not so good, any one of them can quickly gain the upper hand and distract us from the one Voice we should never ignore: the voice of Jesus

When we give the other voices top priority, we end up distant from the Lord - and that can lead us to feeling distracted. tired and unproductive. By contrast, when we are listening to Jesus, his words confort us and give us peace. He helps us with our responsibilities and he helps to quiet the voice of anxiety or resentment.

Though all our worries will not disappear overnight, some may never go away, but Jesus promises that like the good shepherd, He will never abandon us. He will walk with us and guide us with his wisdom.

Happy Good Shepherd Sunday allwink

Let us surrender our hearts to Jesus, He knows everything we need. Let us ask Him to help us hear His voice above all the others. We must cling to Him alone, who is our Good Shepherd.

Our Mother Mary is ever willing to help us decipher the many voices we hear, She is there to lead us to Jesus, please go to Her and pay no attention to what others say about Her, She is the Mother of our Saviour Jesus Christ,  kiss

I love you Jesus and Mary,I love the members of the Church Triumphant, the Church Militant and the Church Suffering, I love you all on this thread,  kiss kiss
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 3:25pm On Apr 13, 2008
Carlosein:

so be it.

Carlos i didn't notice this post until now, wonders shall end this time around grin
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lindiwe(f): 11:06pm On Apr 13, 2008
Peeps, this is wishing y'all a great week and a much better tomorrow wink
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Lady2(f): 3:46am On Apr 14, 2008
hello all, I hope your weekend was restful yet productive.
I went to see my mother for the weekend and I am so glad that she is recovering well.
I really am very grateful for your prayers, may the good Lord bless you all in your life.

Have a very happy week.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 8:25am On Apr 14, 2008
Oby1:

Parmcarl how una dey, abeg when d main thing go shele? grin

dont worry as soon as Charlie propose, we'll send the IV to u cool

Lindiwe:

Pam,
Was looking forward to today's readings, i'm not quite happy you didn't post it sad
Please don't forget again oh, a lot of us appreciate the effort,
kudos sis!

Lindiwe, abeg no vex, work wan kill me dat Friday. I couldnt even log in to Nairaland.

Lindiwe:

dont worry , u go get am

~Lady~:

hello all, I hope your weekend was restful yet productive.
I went to see my mother for the weekend and I am so glad that she is recovering well.
I really am very grateful for your prayers, may the good Lord bless you all in your life.
Have a very happy week.

The Lord be praised forever cheesy

@ Viee, how ur exams naw?

BTW where is Lawyer, Ebos, Uchetobi etc?
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 8:32am On Apr 14, 2008
SAINT OF THE DAY

April 14, 2008

Blessed Peter Gonzalez

(d. 1246)

St. Paul had a conversion experience on the road to Damascus. Many years later, the same proved true for Peter Gonzalez, who triumphantly rode his horse into the Spanish city of Astorga in the 13th century to take up an important post at the cathedral. The animal stumbled and fell, leaving Peter in the mud and onlookers amused.
Humbled, Peter reevaluated his motivations (his bishop-uncle had secured the cathedral post for him) and started down a new path. He became a Dominican priest and proved to be a most effective preacher. He spent much of his time as court chaplain, and attempted to exert positive influence on the behavior of members of the court. After King Ferdinand III and his troops defeated the Moors at Cordoba, Peter was successful in restraining the soldiers from pillaging and persuaded the king to treat the defeated Moors with compassion.

After retiring from the court Peter devoted the remainder of his life to preaching in northwest Spain. He developed a special mission to Spanish and Portuguese seamen. He is the patron of sailors.

Peter Gonzalez died in 1246 and was beatified in 1741
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Pamperme: 8:34am On Apr 14, 2008
FOR SOME OF US, HERE IS TODAY'S READING

FIRST READING: Acts of the Apostles 11:1-18

The apostles and the brothers in Judaea heard that the pagans too had accepted the word of God, and when Peter came up to Jerusalem the Jews criticised him and said, 'So you have been visiting the uncircumcised and eating with them, have you?' Peter in reply gave them the details point by point: 'One day, when I was in the town of Jaffa,' he began 'I fell into a trance as I was praying and had a vision of something like a big sheet being let down from heaven by its four corners. This sheet reached the ground quite close to me. I watched it intently and saw all sorts of animals and wild beasts - everything possible that could walk, crawl or fly. Then I heard a voice that said to me, "Now, Peter; kill and eat!" But I answered: Certainly not, Lord; nothing profane or unclean has ever crossed my lips. And a second time the voice spoke from heaven, "What God has made clean, you have no right to call profane". This was repeated three times, before the whole of it was drawn up to heaven again.

Just at that moment, three men stopped outside the house where we were staying; they had been sent from Caesarea to fetch me, and the Spirit told me to have no hesitation about going back with them. The six brothers here came with me as well, and we entered the man's house. He told us he had seen an angel standing in his house who said, "Send to Jaffa and fetch Simon known as Peter; he has a message for you that will save you and your entire household".

I had scarcely begun to speak when the Holy Spirit came down on them in the same way as it came on us at the beginning, and I remembered that the Lord had said, "John baptised with water, but you will be baptised with the Holy Spirit". I realised then that God was giving them the identical thing he gave to us when we believed in the Lord Jesus Christ; and who was I to stand in God's way?'

This account satisfied them, and they gave glory to God. 'God' they said 'can evidently grant even the pagans the repentance that leads to life.'

Responsorial Psalm Ps 41
Response: My soul is thirsting for God,
the God of my life.
Or Alleluia!

1. Like the deer that yearns
for running streams,
so my soul is yearning
for you, my God. Response

2. My soul is thirsting for God,
the God of my life;
when can I enter and see
the face of God? Response

3. O send forth your light and your truth;
let these be my guide.
Let them bring me to your holy mountain
to the place where you dwell. Response

4. And I will come to the altar of God,
the God of my joy.
My redeemer, I will thank you on the harp,
O God, my God Response
[b]
GOSPEL: John 10:1-10[/b]Jesus said: 'I tell you most solemnly, anyone who does not enter the sheepfold through the gate, but gets in some other way is a thief and a brigand. The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the flock; the gatekeeper lets him in, the sheep hear his voice, one by one he calls his own sheep and leads them out. When he has brought out his flock, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow because they know his voice. They never follow a stranger but run away from him: they do not recognise the voice of strangers.'

Jesus told them this parable but they failed to understand what he meant by telling it to them.

So Jesus spoke to them again:

'I tell you most solemnly,
I am the gate of the sheepfold.
All others who have come are thieves and brigands;
but the sheep took no notice of them
I am the gate.
Anyone who enters through me will be safe:
he will go freely in and out and be sure of finding pasture.
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.
I have come so that they may have life
and have it to the full.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:22pm On Apr 14, 2008
Lindiwe:

In today's Gospel reading, clearly Jesus was not discussing sheep just because they are gentle, pleasant animals, rather He used their innocent, trusting nature to demonstrate the qualities that will enable us to know Him more.
The sheep will follow only the shepherd's voice because they know that he has their concerns at the forefront of his heart

We live in a time when many voices call out to us in the course of a day. While some of these voices are good and others not so good, any one of them can quickly gain the upper hand and distract us from the one Voice we should never ignore: the voice of Jesus

When we give the other voices top priority, we end up distant from the Lord - and that can lead us to feeling distracted. tired and unproductive. By contrast, when we are listening to Jesus, his words confort us and give us peace. He helps us with our responsibilities and he helps to quiet the voice of anxiety or resentment.

Though all our worries will not disappear overnight, some may never go away, but Jesus promises that like the good shepherd, He will never abandon us. He will walk with us and guide us with his wisdom.

Happy Good Shepherd Sunday all! wink

Let us surrender our hearts to Jesus, He knows everything we need. Let us ask Him to help us hear His voice above all the others. We must cling to Him alone, who is our Good Shepherd.

Our Mother Mary is ever willing to help us decipher the many voices we hear, She is there to lead us to Jesus, please go to Her and pay no attention to what others say about Her, She is the Mother of our Saviour Jesus Christ, kiss

I love you Jesus and Mary,I love the members of the Church Triumphant, the Church Militant and the Church Suffering, I love you all on this thread, kiss kiss

I love this, thanks dear. Is good to serve God, he is just too much.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:29pm On Apr 14, 2008
Pamperme thanks for today's reading - God can grant even the pagans the repentance that leads to life. God has a perfect plan for the salvation of all people, he knocks on the door of our heart pleading to come in and dine with us, only if we will open for him.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by Oby1(f): 5:36pm On Apr 14, 2008
Lady! hi. Thank God for the gradual healing process.
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:37pm On Apr 14, 2008
Hey peeps!

the exams went well ooo
still hv 3 more papers to write
kinda quite and lonely in here sad
Pam na beta work u dey do here ooo
tnx kiss kiss

Oby sup Sis wink
CarlPam, hope i stil b d chiefbridesmaid? wink
Lawyer, na wa ooooo
Ebos, sup bro wink the original FBI,KGB,SSS,CIA,NDVF grin
Lindiwe, sup Sis wink
Bmcc, sup bro wink me sef join mouth say ur welcome!
Uzzyan, sup Sis wink abeg mak we see more of u!
Biafran, sup Sis wink where u come dey naw?
Lady, hey Sup wink glad Momsie's operation went well, all Glory Glory to Jesus, Honour to our dear Mother Mary!

say make i hail you all
really missed u all!!!!!!
but im home alone sad
hp to catch u guys online soon sha

tekia and hav a blessed week kiss kiss kiss
Re: Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! by viee(f): 5:42pm On Apr 14, 2008
hey Oby!
finally dsnt feel so lonely any more grin
how bodi?
missed u guys!
watz goin on?

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) ... (155) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Anita Oyakhilome Remarries - Dawn-To-Dusk News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.