Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,210 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know (12273 Views)

Setting The Facts Right : Tecno Camon C8 Vs Iphone 6 Camera Test / Android Vs Windows Phone Vs Ios - Home Screen / Android Vs Symbian Phones, Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 22, 2012
ℓ̊ love geek wars.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Princek12(m): 11:30am On Apr 22, 2012
My guess is that everyone (or a substantial majority) of the people who are here commenting about the Iphone and Android phones are foreign-based. The reason is that a substantial majority of Nigerian-based folks are still stuck on the archaic, outdated Blackberry devices;and judging by the way they brandish their sometimes "tokunbo" Blackberry phones, you can pretty much tell that they think they are impressing you and holding the latest technological device in the world. When I see such displays, I say the following: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing."

1 Like

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by binbass(m): 11:56am On Apr 22, 2012
lojik: The latest android is now Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and not 2.2(froyo).
CORRECT. Android Rocks
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2012
I use Galaxy S2 and Curve 9360.
I use the Curve to download apps and vids to run and watch on the S2. And for endless chatting and mails.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 22, 2012
Princek12: My guess is that everyone (or a substantial majority) of the people who are here commenting about the Iphone and Android phones are foreign-based. The reason is that a substantial majority of Nigerian-based folks are still stuck on the archaic, outdated Blackberry devices;and judging by the way they brandish their sometimes "tokunbo" Blackberry phones, you can pretty much tell that they think they are impressing you and holding the latest technological device in the world. When I see such displays, I say the following: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing."
Generalizing to this extent is plain Stu. pid. As a matter of fact you are very ignorant. Please tell me how  OS is both archaic and outdated? The ☎ was made for business people on the go who need to stay connected. Its not a toy like most girls think it is. People who know what the  is for will hardly come here to say anything cos they are usually too busy making money, Then they can have a second ☎ for play usually ios, belle or android. Have used the three OS and as far as gaming goes, they are mostly the same. YES mostly the same.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by kiyosaki1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2012
Princek12: My guess is that everyone (or a substantial majority) of the people who are here commenting about the Iphone and Android phones are foreign-based. The reason is that a substantial majority of Nigerian-based folks are still stuck on the archaic, outdated Blackberry devices;and judging by the way they brandish their sometimes "tokunbo" Blackberry phones, you can pretty much tell that they think they are impressing you and holding the latest technological device in the world. When I see such displays, I say the following: "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing."
preach on pastor
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by samfibby(m): 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2012
@texazzpete. I get the feeling you have tasted the poisoned apple grin products that you are finding it hard to get yourself off the hook. Hear urself, bluetooth being oudated, please, giv some better xcuse, iphone having a better built, a iphone is a iphone in years 2 come dont expect to see anything new in the next few years, xpecially with steve ballmer gone. may his soul RIP. You are sure gonna see a lot of android built, probably one with a TEXAZZPETE grin design-built. And who says you cant make money designing apps for android OS.Give me a break, there are loads of programmers worldwide, working together,who are smart enough and are making goood money on the THE ANDROID platform. texazzpete, how many times have u heard guys on this forum or others discussing how to develop apps. NEVA tongue, welcome to the tech prison called apple. Get a needle and see what the ANDROID STEROID wink feels like.

1 Like

Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 22, 2012
samfibby: @texazzpete. I get the feeling you have tasted the poisoned apple grin products that you are finding it hard to get yourself off the hook. Hear urself, bluetooth being oudated, please, giv some better xcuse, iphone having a better built, a iphone is a iphone in years 2 come dont expect to see anything new in the next few years, xpecially with steve ballmer gone. may his soul RIP. You are sure gonna see a lot of android built, probably one with a TEXAZZPETE grin design-built. And who says you cant make money designing apps for android OS.Give me a break, there are loads of programmers worldwide, working together,who are smart enough and are making goood money on the THE ANDROID platform. texazzpete, how many times have u heard guys on this forum or others discussing how to develop apps. NEVA tongue, welcome to the tech prison called apple. Get a needle and see what the ANDROID STEROID wink feels like.
Well said, apple this, apple that. Cydia, installous. Jail break, bla bla bla. Recently it occured τ̅☺ ♏έ that apple is so restricted that amenities that come standard on belle or android have τ̅☺ be sourced. Who has heard of transferring file via email. Not even NFC.

Please ℓ̊ need that song, Oº°˚˚˚°h wait let ♏έ attach it τ̅☺ a mail, emmmmm what's чυя email...hahahahahahaha...S̴̩☺̩ lame. ℓ̊ love IOS but stop the hype.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 2:25pm On Apr 22, 2012
its sickening to read what people claim makes their phones the best. all smartphones have their issues, and ios lovers, pls count urselves out of the league, expensive os, screen is nt actually d best as d new sony xperia s has a higher dpi dan it, screen easily breakable, not very customizable....when u say a smartphone, it shud qualify as having to be easily customizable, make the user really happy, nd nt d super clear screen...in dat case is nt really important as far as i can see what am doin. for the androids, having a power hungry os is just stupid, a windows mobile beats all other os's in dis regard as a single core windows phone can do what ur multicore androids can do nd even beta. android apps r crashable, like hey were destined to b unstable gosh....left to me symbian still wins over all ince it is simple, readily accessible and clear off the whole multicore shit...

but to sum it all up, a combination of symbian freedom xcept the use of bluetooth...i think its goi out of fashion, ios design, androids customazability and windows os speed, den u have a true smartphone
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by realsammie(m): 2:27pm On Apr 22, 2012
just post my comment wit my sony ericsson android....it rocks cool
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by 2kurupt(m): 3:44pm On Apr 22, 2012
@OP.
IPhone did not pioneer apps, Symbian did.
Texazzpete are you gonna argue dat one too?
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by racoon8995(m): 4:00pm On Apr 22, 2012
I'm gonna say one thing and one thing only...u dont USE an iPhone, u EXPERIENCE it! Apple has provided the best phone ever under only 5models...what other company can boast of that? Hav ya'll ever asked urselfs why newer apple OS's always get jailbroken and apple doesnt mind? Cos thats the excitement and adventure they've offered to their cult following, which includes me...the fact is, there might be a few limitations with the iPhone, but it presents an enthusiastic user with amazing surprises each day as u keep discovering new things that you can do with it! This is apart from the unrivalled sleek-polished and highly beautiul user experience that apple offers you. smiley
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Leopantro: 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2012
Trying to persuade someone to choose Android over iOS? This video might just be what you need
http:///f32sWlU2
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by samfibby(m): 4:26pm On Apr 22, 2012
@ Leopantro thanks 4 de video post. speaks de truth
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 5:12pm On Apr 22, 2012
samfibby: @texazzpete. I get the feeling you have tasted the poisoned apple grin products that you are finding it hard to get yourself off the hook. Hear urself, bluetooth being oudated, please, giv some better xcuse, iphone having a better built, a iphone is a iphone in years 2 come dont expect to see anything new in the next few years, xpecially with steve ballmer gone. may his soul RIP. You are sure gonna see a lot of android built, probably one with a TEXAZZPETE grin design-built. And who says you cant make money designing apps for android OS.Give me a break, there are loads of programmers worldwide, working together,who are smart enough and are making goood money on the THE ANDROID platform. texazzpete, how many times have u heard guys on this forum or others discussing how to develop apps. NEVA tongue, welcome to the tech prison called apple. Get a needle and see what the ANDROID STEROID wink feels like.

Please STRIVE to put together a sensible argument next time.
I am putting facts on the table. It's a very well known fact that the Google Android market is not anywhere near as profitable for devs as the App Store is. Do I really have to provide links to info you can google up for yourself in 10 seconds?
[img]http://tctechcrunch2011.files./2012/03/revenue-comparison-ios-vs-amzn-vs-android-resized-600.png?w=600[/img]

FYI, Steve Ballmer is the CEO of Microsoft and he most certainly is NOT dead. Steve Jobs was the Apple CEO until his death last year. How the heck could you mix them up?!

blink182: Well said, apple this, apple that. Cydia, installous. Jail break, bla bla bla. Recently it occured τ̅☺ ♏έ that apple is so restricted that amenities that come standard on belle or android have τ̅☺ be sourced. Who has heard of transferring file via email. Not even NFC.

Please ℓ̊ need that song, Oº°˚˚˚°h wait let ♏έ attach it τ̅☺ a mail, emmmmm what's чυя email...hahahahahahaha...S̴̩☺̩ lame. ℓ̊ love IOS but stop the hype.

I cannot think of anybody I know who still goes around transferring music via bluetooth. We did that stuff when we were still kids in the University. Look at the sales of the iPhone, easily outselling any Android device in ALL age demographics. Doesn't that go to show you that the whole Bluetooth file transfer thingy is not that essential in the grand scheme of things?

Funny how you complain about 'installous' and 'jailbreaking' and yet you have no qualms rooting and flashing custom roms. grin
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 5:18pm On Apr 22, 2012
blink182: Generalizing to this extent is plain Stu. pid. As a matter of fact you are very ignorant. Please tell me how  OS is both archaic and outdated? The ☎ was made for business people on the go who need to stay connected. Its not a toy like most girls think it is. People who know what the  is for will hardly come here to say anything cos they are usually too busy making money, Then they can have a second ☎ for play usually ios, belle or android. Have used the three OS and as far as gaming goes, they are mostly the same. YES mostly the same.

Blackberry OS 7 is 'mostly the same' for gaming as Android and iOS?!! What have you been smoking? How many 3D games are there on OS7 and of that number how many are remotely comparable to their Android and iOS counterparts?

Secondly, RIM HEAVILY markets the Blackberry phones to the consumer market so it is as much a 'toy' as any other smartphone platform. Anyone who parrots the whole 'Blackberries are serious devices for business' line should go back to 2008 before RIM launched the BB Storm and started promoting BBM.

Truth be told, the BB OS is archaic, unintuitive and slow. You've never questioned why reboots take ages, why you have to reboot after nearly any app install/upgrade and why the phone freezes like mad?

Just for the record, I own an iPhone 4S, third Gen iPad, Galaxy tab 8.9 and a Bold 9900. I'll be picking up a HTC One X in the next 2 weeks. So I can speak confidently on any of the major OS platforms.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2012
texazzpete:

Blackberry OS 7 is 'mostly the same' for gaming as Android and iOS?!! What have you been smoking? How many 3D games are there on OS7 and of that number how many are remotely comparable to their Android and iOS counterparts?

Secondly, RIM HEAVILY markets the Blackberry phones to the consumer market so it is as much a 'toy' as any other smartphone platform. Anyone who parrots the whole 'Blackberries are serious devices for business' line should go back to 2008 before RIM launched the BB Storm and started promoting BBM.

Truth be told, the BB OS is archaic, unintuitive and slow. You've never questioned why reboots take ages, why you have to reboot after nearly any app install/upgrade and why the phone freezes like mad?

Just for the record, I own an iPhone 4S, third Gen iPad, Galaxy tab 8.9 and a Bold 9900. I'll be picking up a HTC One X in the next 2 weeks. So I can speak confidently on any of the major OS platforms.
 OS wasn't in the comparison, ℓ̊ said belle, android and IOS. Does  even have games worth playing at all.

As for the  being marketed Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ way Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ claim, ℓ̊ tend τ̅☺ agree, as for the blue tooth stuff, Oº°˚˚˚°h come of it. It makes № sense sending suff with email. You aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ probably S̴̩☺̩ used τ̅☺ the apple confinement you see it as normal.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 5:42pm On Apr 22, 2012
blink182:  OS wasn't in the comparison, ℓ̊ said belle, android and IOS. Does  even have games worth playing at all.

As for the  being marketed Τ̲̅ђε̲̣̣̣̥ way Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ claim, ℓ̊ tend τ̅☺ agree, as for the blue tooth stuff, Oº°˚˚˚°h come of it. It makes № sense sending suff with email. You Α̲̅я̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ probably S̴̩☺̩ used τ̅☺ the apple confinement you see it as normal.

No, I see it as a tradeoff i'm prefectly willing to make to use the iPhone...especially seeing that I rarely come across a situation where I'd want to transfer anything from someone's phone to mine.

Honestly speaking, how often do you do bluetooth file transfers?
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by albacete(m): 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2012
KINGwax: Nokia N8. symbian^3. The latest and best symbian in the whole world!
haven't u heard abt Symbian Belle Carla update?
As for me, it is Android all the way. I currently use nokia E5 Symbian 9.3 which is not so bad.
But when it comes to real mobile experience, i will suggest Android. Don't forget that when you browse with the latest Android device, web servers see it that you are browsing with a PC, not a phone!
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 22, 2012
texazzpete:

aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ a tech freak or what, you own all those? How do you manage?
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
texazzpete:

No, I see it as a tradeoff i'm prefectly willing to make to use the iPhone...especially seeing that I rarely come across a situation where I'd want to transfer anything from someone's phone to mine.

Honestly speaking, how often do you do bluetooth file transfers?
hmmm...well ℓ̊ hardly do, these days ℓ̊ download my songs-struggling to exhaust my data.
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by SisiKill1: 6:07pm On Apr 22, 2012
texazzpete:

Please STRIVE to put together a sensible argument next time.
I am putting facts on the table. It's a very well known fact that the Google Android market is not anywhere near as profitable for devs as the App Store is. Do I really have to provide links to info you can google up for yourself in 10 seconds?
[img]http://tctechcrunch2011.files./2012/03/revenue-comparison-ios-vs-amzn-vs-android-resized-600.png?w=600[/img]

FYI, Steve Ballmer is the CEO of Microsoft and he most certainly is NOT dead. Steve Jobs was the Apple CEO until his death last year. How the heck could you mix them up?!

I cannot think of anybody I know who still goes around transferring music via bluetooth. We did that stuff when we were still kids in the University. Look at the sales of the iPhone, easily outselling any Android device in ALL age demographics. Doesn't that go to show you that the whole Bluetooth file transfer thingy is not that essential in the grand scheme of things?

Funny how you complain about 'installous' and 'jailbreaking' and yet you have no qualms rooting and flashing custom roms. grin
Dude of course ITunes Revs will be up. . . they don't allow free third party apps!! IPhone users don't got no choice but to buy it!!! I have over two dozen apps on my phone and I can count on one hand how many I paid for.

Open market vs Monopoly dude. . . simple economics. cheesy cheesy
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by samfibby(m): 7:25pm On Apr 22, 2012
@texazzpete From your quotes and replies Its obvious you are stuck to apple, so much so that you would post a revenue chart probably drawn up by apple inc. Yes, a lot of dudes who carry around a iphone or apple product know next to nothing about these phones, they are so eager to join the club of apple users that they are milked dry by apple. There are definitely more android users using free and available stuffs online and equally having a great time with their phone, try get one and see, feel the experience. As regards the name, am i bad, sorry 4 de mixup, the two have a thing in common. MONOPLOY KINGS
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by jpphilips(m): 7:34pm On Apr 22, 2012
how on earth did the BB and Iphones qualify as smart phones?
when i say smart i expect flexibility beyond umbrages, how can a smart phone not have bluetooth? for texasspette, i cant rem the last time i keyed in contacts to my directory from a colleague or in OPS camp, we share contacts over bluetooth what about instant pics? u transfer through email? when you are out of bundle, then you forget the pics? i dont see any wisdom in that.
more so, its my money give me the functionality and i will choose whether to use it or not, my 4yrs P1i came with infra red and fm radio but ive never used them
how can u pay for an IOS when the almighty experia S has hit the shelves? in case u dont knw, the froyo OS of android comes standard as a Wifi hotspot wonder the big deal in the IOS being a router?
most android hardwares support upgradable versions of the ice cream sandwich.
i can only own an IOS or BOS at gun point
XPERIA S rocks!!!
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by otumfour(m): 7:48pm On Apr 22, 2012
to those of u talking abt the iphone's limitations; jailbreak an iPhone and it will do things tht ur Android devices can only dream of, lol! who uses bluetooth for file transfers these days And why are some peeps bragging abt their android phones having radio when there are countless Apps on the App store for internet radio and with internet radio u wouldn't even need the aid of ur head phones as ur antenna, plus with internet radio u get to listen to foreign radio stations.

Display & User Interface! gotta luv the iphone's interface mahn, with the retina display on the iphone since the birth of the iPhone 4, i have neva seen a phone wit a display tht beats tht retina display till date and tht is real talk mahn, icons are crispy to the core, almost feels like u could pick them with ur fingers grin , (though the Samsung Galaxy S II with its Super Amoled might be on par).

Apple just has tht special taste! grin grin grin get close to an Apple product, from a Mac to an iPhone and u'll understand why there's so much hype abt Apple products.

though I'v been using an iPhone for like ever, I just bought my first iMac and my MacBook Pro this year and damn sure ain't going back to Windows ever again, never again, the ease of use with the touch pad alone is a boner grin grin, buttom line is, y'all Android fans don't know wht y'all are missing. PERIOD!!!!!!!!
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by SisiKill1: 8:52pm On Apr 22, 2012
The point is we don't need a freaking jailwhacumacallit before we can truly enjoy our phone to the fullest cheesy cheesy cheesy

I love how y'all have latched on the bluetooth feature thingy like anyone is saying that's the biggest selling point for Android. The day iphone users can watch or do anything that requires flash (the least of the android feature by the way) without prison breaking. . . Oops meant jail breaking, is the day y'all are allowed to join the Convo. Until then I implore you to sloooowly back away from the thread, nothing for you to see here. Toys'r'us is just around the corner. . .I'm sure you all will have find things more up to your speed over there. cheesy grin
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by cuteness01: 9:31pm On Apr 22, 2012
love my samsung galaxy s2,,d only problem is d battery,,but i manage that by switching off d internet when not in use. most ppl here in russia go for iphones just cos they want to "belong",,,the same way they are all going gaga over beats by dr dre,,,i tire o!
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 10:54pm On Apr 22, 2012
Sisi_Kill:
Dude of course ITunes Revs will be up. . . they don't allow free third party apps!! IPhone users don't got no choice but to buy it!!! I have over two dozen apps on my phone and I can count on one hand how many I paid for.

Open market vs Monopoly dude. . . simple economics. cheesy cheesy

Can you people PLEASE speak confidently about things you know about? How can anyone say there are no free third party apps? There are just as many (if not more) free apps on the Appstore as in Google's Play Store.

You say no free third party apps...what are Skype, Facebook, Tango, Temple run and many others?
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by abubaka101: 10:57pm On Apr 22, 2012
blink182: aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ a tech freak or what, you own all those? How do you manage?
You mind am? All those devices are freaking expensive per se! So he is either bluffing or hes working for Boko Haram (laughs).
Re: Android Vs. Iphone: What You Need To Know by texazzpete(m): 10:59pm On Apr 22, 2012
jp philips: how on earth did the BB and Iphones qualify as smart phones?
when i say smart i expect flexibility beyond umbrages, how can a smart phone not have bluetooth? for texasspette, i cant rem the last time i keyed in contacts to my directory from a colleague or in OPS camp, we share contacts over bluetooth what about instant pics? u transfer through email? when you are out of bundle, then you forget the pics? i dont see any wisdom in that.
more so, its my money give me the functionality and i will choose whether to use it or not, my 4yrs P1i came with infra red and fm radio but ive never used them
how can u pay for an IOS when the almighty experia S has hit the shelves? in case u dont knw, the froyo OS of android comes standard as a Wifi hotspot wonder the big deal in the IOS being a router?
most android hardwares support upgradable versions of the ice cream sandwich.
i can only own an IOS or BOS at gun point
XPERIA S rocks!!!

If Bluetooth file transfer is an essential feature to you, by all means keep using an Android phone. Millions of people around the world KNOW that the iPhone does not support Bluetooth file transfer and they simply do not care.

As I said before, I cannot remember when last I ever felt the need to do a file transfer via bluetooth.

Finally, you're wrong. Most Android devices out there will not get Ice cream sandwich.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is Mtn Upgrading To? / How To Use Glo BIS On Android Devices / Tecno P5 Vs Gionee P2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.