Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close (2219 Views)

Reno Omokri Gave A Schooling To Internet Igbo Billionaire & Owner Of Lagos / Obi Didn’t Say He Played Football With Odili, Gazette's Fact-check False (video) / Buhari Rejects NASS’ Approval For Refund Of N488.7bn To States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:39am On Feb 05, 2023
Nigerian billionaire Dozy Mmobuosi is closing in on a deal to buy Sheffield United for around £90million amid the club's recent transfer embargo.

According to The Times, Mmobuosi is reportedly thought to be in the final stages of buying the Bramall Lane club. It is understood that the prospective buyer still needs to pass the EFL's owners' and directors' test, but that 'no problems have arisen' so far.
It has been known for some time that the Blades could be sold with current owner HRH Prince Abdullah bin Musa'ad bin Abdulaziz Al Saud struggling to maintain the funding needed to keep the club going. Last year, American businessman Henry Mauriss, who was previously linked with taking over Newcastle, had a bid, understood to be over £100m, accepted by the club's hierarchy.
But, as per The Sheffield Star, a proposed takeover of the Blades by Mauriss collapsed because of the complex financial structure he was using to try and purchase the Yorkshire club. It means that Sheffield United have been still in search of a new buyer and it is reported Mmobuosi is behind this bid.
Mmobuosi first made his mark on the world when he founded a company called Tingo Mobile PLC in Nigeria in 2001, and it is an organisation that has grown ever since. He then created his own foundation in 2021 that aims to "promote the progress of Africa and create an environment where Africans can thrive" where he focuses on improving education, healthcare and Information Technology development in his home country.
They are in breach of regulation 52.2.3 of EFL rules, which states: "If a club is in default of payments due to another club under a transfer or compensation agreement the club shall be subject to a registration embargo, such that it shall not be permitted to register any player with that club without the prior written consent of the league until such times as the agreement is honoured."
This hasn't affected the Blades' performances on the pitch, however, with Paul Heckingbottom's side sitting second in the table and it would take a major hick-up not to get promoted this season. They are 12 points ahead of third-place Middlesbrough with just 18 matches to go.
The Nigerian is worth around £7bn and could bring in a renewed sense of hope on the finance front to the Blades, who have spent just shy of £4m in transfer fees since last January. The Blades are currently going through a transfer embargo after defaulting on payment owed to another club. The EFL confirmed on its website that their issue relates to the non-payment of a transfer fee that was owed.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/african-billionaire-worth-7bn-move-29117762
Nlpfmod

1 Like

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Anambra1stSon(m): 9:50am On Feb 05, 2023
Silent billionaire from Southeast

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Smithkafors(m): 10:00am On Feb 05, 2023
Sharp man….
Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:07am On Feb 05, 2023
Smithkafors:
Sharp man….
Men with balls

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by JASONjnr(m): 10:16am On Feb 05, 2023
Igbos to the world....

Someone said, if you go to Europe, you will barely see Fulani or Hausa people in the street struggling and I was not surprised....

While in the state, I had two of them in my class, they were on scholarship from the FG...

While I was on scholarships from a foreign NGO....

These people do not experience suffering because the county got their back ...

Any way....Igbo Amaka!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by SLAP44: 10:17am On Feb 05, 2023
And Peter Obi was in the picture of good things as always.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by kettykin: 10:22am On Feb 05, 2023
Our people should be street smart, while you cannot hide your self and your wealth , please invest abroad some of your wealth where there can never be forfeiture or abandoned property

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:24am On Feb 05, 2023
This is not Nigeria government made Billionaire, the greedy ones that feed from poor masses

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:27am On Feb 05, 2023
He is even richer than Adenuga that worth 6.3 billion USD

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Ruggedniggaone: 10:30am On Feb 05, 2023
post=120650508:
He is far richer than Adenuga that worth 6.3 billion USD
you are very sick and senseless,no different between you and garfield both of you are irritating I swear

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Ogbuefi2020: 10:33am On Feb 05, 2023
Without connivance with corrupt Nigeria politicians. Clean money

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:34am On Feb 05, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
you are very sick and senseless,no different between you and garfield both of you are irritating I swear
Empty brain I just checked you profile picture I just noticed your brain is less to nothing no need wasting my time on you

Modify grin grin grin you have changed your profile picture grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Ogbuefi2020: 10:34am On Feb 05, 2023
Ruggedniggaone:
Obasanjo helped Adenuga. Igbo money has no link with politics unlike yoruba and north

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Opintiwa: 10:35am On Feb 05, 2023
post=120650692:

Empty brain I just checked you profile picture I just noticed your brain is less to nothing no need wasting my time on you

Offer am food and watch him bow

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Anambra1stSon(m): 10:35am On Feb 05, 2023
Dozy

5 Likes

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by concreteaffairs: 10:36am On Feb 05, 2023
Where is forbes? Didn't they see him?
Hmm.... So there are many people that Forbes excludes from their ranking

6 Likes

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by bewla(m): 10:48am On Feb 05, 2023
Nice

1 Like

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Supremos: 10:49am On Feb 05, 2023
Notice he's not even mentioned as one of the richest in Nigeria and he doesn't even care. Lots of Igbo money bags that are rich in billions of dollars and pounds don't even care about their useless ratings. Big boy na big boy

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by socialjustice93: 10:49am On Feb 05, 2023
post=120649651:
Silent billionaire from Southeast

Dozy Mmobuosi is an Igbo billionaire from Onichaugbo in present day Delta state, Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Supremos: 10:51am On Feb 05, 2023
concreteaffairs:
Where is forbes? Didn't they see him?
Hmm.... So there are many people that Forbes excludes from their ranking
There are many secret stinkenly rich Igbos out there, they careless about Forbes list and ratings.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Supremos: 10:52am On Feb 05, 2023
socialjustice93:

Dozy Mmobuosi is an Igbo billionaire from Onichaugbo in present day Delta state, Nigeria.
You're correct, he's from Onicha ugbo Aniocha Delta state and very Igbo tic

11 Likes

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Strikethem: 10:55am On Feb 05, 2023
post=120650508:
He is far richer than Adenuga that worth 6.3 billion USD
How is 7.2 far richer than 6.3?

You are here doing competition between them, yet none of them knows you exists and wonder wine n dine with you but they and their children will dine and whine with themselves.

His wife is even Yoruba woman, a woman that stood by him and made him who he is and you are here talking trash.

Shame on you.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Anambra1stSon(m): 11:05am On Feb 05, 2023
Strikethem:
How is 7.2 far richer than 6.3?

You are here doing competition between them, yet none of them knows you exists and wonder wine n dine with you but they and their children will dine and whine with themselves.

His wife is even Yoruba woman, a woman that stood by him and made him who he is and you are here talking trash.

Shame on you.
And she made him who is he indeedgrin grin I can't remember attacking Yoruba or insult Adenuga I just observed his net worth is even richer than Adenuga £7 billion

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by astonished: 11:22am On Feb 05, 2023
But IGBO money connected with drug & advance fraud, this is confirmed & you don't need to dispute this,

Ogbuefi2020:

Obasanjo helped Adenuga. Igbo money has no link with politics unlike yoruba and north

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Landlord97: 11:39am On Feb 05, 2023
May God bless us like Mmuobosi, i will advice him and his club to come down Nigeria and west Africa in hunt for talents that are wasting.
Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by BloomingDale(f): 12:13pm On Feb 05, 2023
Black man always coveting white man things. They want what the white man has built. Their country, their women, now their football clubs. 🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️
Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by M4A1carbine: 1:02pm On Feb 05, 2023
ABEG OLUWA GIVE ME BIAFRA...

LETS EXPAND THE IGBO BUSINESS CONGLOMERATES WORLDWIDE!!...

AS FOR AGBADO MISCREANTS AND THIEFNUBUU URINE DRINKERS...

SEE IGBO PEOPLE AND RESPECT THEM.

1 Share

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by gidgiddy: 1:32pm On Feb 05, 2023
socialjustice93:

Ahhhhhh, he is from Onicha-Ugbo? I see

1 Like

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Lipscomb(m): 1:54pm On Feb 05, 2023
This illiterate with tribalism mentality.i just read the autobiography of the man and nowhere it stated he started from.
post=120650508:
He is even richer than Adenuga that worth 6.3 billion USD

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:58pm On Feb 05, 2023
Lipscomb:
This illiterate with tribalism mentality.i just read the autobiography of the man and nowhere it stated he started from.
Empty brain

https://punchng.com/10-facts-about-mmobuosi-nigerian-billionaire-seeking-to-buy-sheffield/
Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by Anambra1stSon(m): 1:59pm On Feb 05, 2023
Lipscomb:
Re: Igbo Billionaire Worth £7bn To Move Into English Football With Takeover Close by sreamsense: 2:09pm On Feb 05, 2023
Good for him if his money is clean and has no element of fraudulent dealing in it. Can they permit Marwa and his boys, Efcc and ICPC to have a week session with him before we begin to celebrate him? Higher percentages of these people don't let us know how to appreciate hard-working individual billionaire anywore without first asking series of questions. These are the people obi should ask for campaign money instead of hiding under current effect in Nigeria to solicit for funds from indigent and common Nigerians

(1) (2) (Reply)

Truth Is Bitter, But This Is The Truth. / I’m Twerking For The President Tinubu - Oseni Rufai / What Is Happening To Elupe In Imo ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.