Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me (33589 Views)

My Girlfriend Wants Us To Wear Same Attire To Her Niece traditional marriage / My Wife Just Told Me She Regrets Marrying Me. What Should I Do? / My Pregnant Girlfriend Wants Abortion. How Do I Convince Her To Keep It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Lifeinbits(m): 9:11pm On Feb 06, 2023
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and I encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam.

While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by HumbleTrader: 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2023
How about you speak to your partner instead of random strangers online.

467 Likes 25 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by amnesty7: 9:14pm On Feb 06, 2023
Congratulations! You have just been liberated.

439 Likes 22 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by sholay2011(m): 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2023
Errmmm...will somebody tell him?

209 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Nwodosis(m): 9:19pm On Feb 06, 2023
This exactly the treatment Tinubu is receiving from APC! She had seen that you are unfit to be in charge as a man.

131 Likes 8 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by rickpat(m): 9:21pm On Feb 06, 2023
she hasn't even gotten the visa,she is acting this way..maybe she neva even get visa appointment...bro,let her be and focus on your life...If she gets the visa..good...if she doesn't.. DON'T ACCEPT HER BACK...I hate it when people. are dating and one party feels they're smarter or wiser than the other...

FOCUS ON YOUR LIFE

US VISA ABI?.. OKAY O..I JUST DEY LAUGH THAT GIRL ..PINK PAPER GO RESET HER BRAIN

452 Likes 27 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Jennyclay(f): 9:31pm On Feb 06, 2023
If you support her with application fee nko? Mtcheeww.

Men should learn to help and not expect anything in return. Nawa oo! undecided

If the lady decides not to marry you after spending on her, it's her choice and not a sin against God.

Biko, don't spoil her show oo!

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Kobojunkie: 9:38pm On Feb 06, 2023
Lifeinbits:
Note : we had the intentions of getting married but right now she doesn't want us to get marry.
Seems she is not ready for marriage or at least she is not ready to marry you at this time. What do you want us to tell you? undecided

You may be sure of wanting to spend your life with her but she isn't and there is nothing wrong with that as that is after all the why of these relationships, is it not? undecided

7 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by EriMma1: 9:40pm On Feb 06, 2023
There's no love here. She's been using you to pass time all this while. Now she has gotten a great opportunity, she feels she will get a better person hence the change of plans. Forget about that kind of person. She's not really into you.

264 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Sonnobax15(m): 10:20pm On Feb 06, 2023
lipsrsealed
And one female werey for up just successfully commented thrash as usual.

168 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Richy4(m): 10:51pm On Feb 06, 2023
πŸ™ˆπŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ
It is called keeping opinions/ options opened..or not putting all eggs in one basket...if she get married to you, Bill Gate is single now, she might just ran into him while shopping.. grin.. by then, marrying u would have destroyed the chances of getting his contacts...🎲

If indeed u wants to travel, take her advice by traveling... if it's US, u wants to settle, find a state so far away from where she is going to be residing... While u were there, Make sure your mumu buttons are deactivated πŸ”§βš’οΈπŸ”©βš™οΈ

99 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Mkelv0106(m): 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2023
Don't stress urself man, she'll still need you, like you said, she haven't started the visa application process yet, chill bro, if she isn't keen on getting married to you, fine, draft out a contract, if she still want you to help, the both of you shud sign an agreement for her to pay you back, let it be purely business, you're not running a charity organization. Hope you read about a man that sued his ex after he trained her in law sch, and she left him and won 12k dolls, if I'm not mistaken..
If you guys can't be married partners, you might as well be business partners, everything no suppose lead to quarrel and malice.

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Gerrard59(m): 4:29am On Feb 07, 2023
You do not know how to travel abroad, but you have a girlfriend who does and you supported her so much financially to enable it happen. While doing this, you did not ask her; Nne, how are processing this application to move abroad? Could you teach me considering I am sponsoring the process?

Did you? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Then, you came to Nairaland typing mendaciously about how she has changed her mind even though you wanted to travel but you don't know how. Not only that, you had created the same topic in the Travel section, but since that had little traction, you came here to try your luck, all in a bid to enter FP.

I understand that the unemployment situation in Nigeria is extremely high, but don't you think there are better things to do with your time and precious bandwidth?

https://www.nairaland.com/7557673/girlfriend-doesnt-want-get-married#120697918

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Gadafii: 4:51am On Feb 07, 2023
FΓ΄olish man, una just carry boyfriends and girlfriends matter for head like rada, una no Dey smoke loud

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Acidosis(m): 7:06am On Feb 07, 2023
I like your SIMPlicity though. cheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by CrownOfClay724: 7:19am On Feb 07, 2023
You sound entitled, and dependent.
I find that a little 'unmanly'.

You should be making plans for your life as well instead of planning on another person's plan.
She go sweep your leg.
E sure me die.

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by ITbomb(m): 7:29am On Feb 07, 2023
Free the girl please, both of you are still struggling to stand, don't be a burden to each other.
If you can, remain friends.

That's life, no need to be hard on yourself

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Natbrowny: 7:35am On Feb 07, 2023
DONT FORCE THINGS

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by nicerod(m): 7:45am On Feb 07, 2023
U too travel out without marrying her

πŸ˜„πŸ˜πŸ˜…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜€πŸ€ͺπŸ€ͺ😜

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Nicepoker(m): 7:53am On Feb 07, 2023
You want to sabotage her plans . Then travel out without informing her. I know that's what you want to hear. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 07, 2023

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Lance008(m): 8:51am On Feb 07, 2023
Bro plans changes
Ur gf don Dey see one imaginable husband abroad

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by fidelmarshal199: 9:19am On Feb 07, 2023
grin
Someone that hasn't applied for visa yet is already fledging muscles. Op stop worrying yourself because the ingrate is going nowhere.

Mindlog:

What if she gets the student visa? 🀣

Both grateful and ungrateful people dey collect Visa on the steady 🀣

Either student visa or work visa, None of them comes easily at the US embassy, More than 90 percent of the application get declined daily.
Someone that can't even afford an application fee completely, how is she going to come up with ticket and accommodation fee?
The chance of the opportunist leaving this country is very low.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by LittleBigDick(m): 9:55am On Feb 07, 2023
Hinder her plans to travel ( find out where she keeps her travel and necessary documents,get rid of them)

Send boys to steal her phone so that you see what's going behind the scenes πŸ₯΄

Las Las you and her must day naija
She must see shege

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Mindlog: 10:30am On Feb 07, 2023
fidelmarshal199:
grin
Someone that hasn't applied for visa yet is already fledging muscles. Op stop worrying yourself because the ingrate is going nowhere.

What if she gets the student visa? 🀣

Both grateful and ungrateful people dey collect Visa on the steady 🀣

12 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by emmaodet: 10:34am On Feb 07, 2023
Acidosis:

I like your SIMPlicity though. cheesy

😁😁😁

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by boxer022(m): 11:25am On Feb 07, 2023
Have a sit down discussion with her and understand her reasons for changing her mind.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Saintmary(f): 11:49am On Feb 07, 2023
Lifeinbits:
Myself and my girlfriend have been dating for almost three years that she sometimes stays in my house too. I have always had the intention of traveling abroad but i don't know how, so last year my girlfriend brought the idea of traveling and how she wants to try US study route and i encouraged her to do so. I also supported her so much with my money by helping her to pay her application fee and TOEFL exam. While doing all these, we had a conversation and she told me that if she is able to get a fully funded offer that we will be going together and I will be going with her as dependent. Now my girlfriend has gotten admission but she is yet to apply for visa and she has changed plans. She does not want me to go with her rather she is advising that I should also use the study route ifi want to travel.

You want to marry her because you supported her ambition to travel abroad.

Not because you love her.

Leave her alone and ask her to return your money.

11 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by obembet(f): 12:36pm On Feb 07, 2023
Abeg allow her jare... Just keep praying for her make the country favor her.

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by Winters23: 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
grin

Smart girl, keeping her options open

4 Likes

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by DumbGeek(m): 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Wants To Travel Abroad Without Marrying Me by JoshTim: 12:37pm On Feb 07, 2023
Bro, your girl don scam you. Why is she changing the goal post now that she is about going for visa interview. Na wÑ o. And you v spent a lot on this. Ọmọ, make una dey try wise small small.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Baba De Baba: "I Can't Marry A Woman I Can't Beat" / Living In The City Without A Job, How Ladies Cope. / When You Are Not Sexually Compartible With Your Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.