Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,000 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man (17754 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by rapheal5(m): 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2023
Bunch of evening newspaper and feminist advising who don't want to be one of them.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by moshino(m): 12:45pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:
So guys, my sister met a man like a year ago that is divorced, right now he wants them to take it to another level, like wedding level…. My sister is a single mother though, educated, working class, successful…. But my mom doesn’t agree to it, she’s only seeing the bad side…

So I would like to know if there’s anyone who has gotten married to a divorced man before.. I would also like to know the pros and cons…

This said man has been truthful so far though…

Waiting for comments! Thank you…

If this divorced man was Jeff Bezos, would you be asking this question? Now ask yourself, why?
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Greenfaces: 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:
So guys, my sister met a man like a year ago that is divorced, right now he wants them to take it to another level, like wedding level…. My sister is a single mother though, educated, working class, successful…. But my mom doesn’t agree to it, she’s only seeing the bad side…

So I would like to know if there’s anyone who has gotten married to a divorced man before.. I would also like to know the pros and cons…

If your sister sees any of his defect or weaknesses as a human that she may ordinarily cope with or patiently help him get through, shaitan would always whisper in her heart "maybe this is why his ex left." "Maybe he can't change" maybe this thing is deeper than I see
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Paulotu: 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2023
𝑆𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒𝑟𝑒𝑙𝑦,𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑏𝑠𝑜𝑙𝑢𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑦 𝑛𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑟𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛 𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑦𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑠𝑜 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑒𝑛𝑛𝑛𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑖𝑛 𝑜𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑎 𝑦𝑒𝑎𝑟 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑝𝑜𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑜𝑢𝑡 ,𝑟𝑒𝑔𝑎𝑟𝑑𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑖𝑎𝑔𝑒 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑠 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑑𝑖𝑣𝑜𝑟𝑐𝑒𝑑..
𝐼𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑘 𝑜𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑜𝑛𝑠 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑎 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑚𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑦,𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑖𝑡 𝑔𝑜𝑒𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑔 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙 𝑤ℎ𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑒𝑥𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑙𝑦..𝑁𝑜𝑡 𝑚𝑎𝑡𝑢𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑗𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑒𝑦..𝑆𝑜 𝑝𝑙𝑒𝑎𝑠𝑒 𝑔𝑜 𝑎ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑,𝑠𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑙𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠ℎ𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑖𝑚 𝑖𝑓 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑛𝑔𝑒𝑠..
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by 1Sharon(f): 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2023
Baggage
Pregnancy and your first child together would be nothing special to him, but for you it will. You won't share that novelty together.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by OlawaleBammie: 12:49pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:
no, her ex is married sef, with kids, so I don’t think this is visible
and who told you the divorced wife is not married as well?

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by jonadaft: 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:

You, your sister and mom get mind o.
So after being a used and dumped product with a baggage, she still thinks she deserve a single guy?
God forbid!
Even after marrying two wives, I CAN NEVER MARRY A SINGLE MOM.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by jamesbridget13(f): 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:

Okay, I think this is what my mom dreads… the man lives overseas too… he came back cause of her though…
that man is not officially divorced.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Newborn27(f): 12:52pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:

For the fact that your mom is seeing the bad sign should be a red flag.

Being a single mom is a big deal on it's own to add another problem to hers.

She shouldn't rush into any marriage soonest and give it time...no matter his pretence or one sided story....the truth always prevail.

All she need now is to work on herself to avoid falling the second time.....she shouldn't make a new mistake trying to correct the previous one.

She should try and do her background checks well and weigh the pro and cons before proceeding.

How old is she anyways?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Dshocker(m): 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:

Single mother, and your mother is looking for a brand-new man without baggage?

Odikwa risky my dear.

Their 2 perfectly fits eachother ✅👌
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Shed2013(m): 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2023
You're right, forget what many are typing here
oldienavie:

A single mother that has been looking for who to marry for 10 years, she con see divorced man you say make she nor marry am. Oya now, provide man for her to marry.
Some of you on this forum just write like kids.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by jonadaft: 12:54pm On Nov 30, 2023
Sisib15:
Divorced men are no go area. They have lots of baggages. They will emotionally manipulate. There is nothing you can do that will satisfy them, they will always compare you with their previous wife
Most of you only type nonsense like this online.
BUT IF WE CHECK YOUR BODYCOUNT AND SEXUAL HISTORY, THE SAME DIVORCED MEN AND EVEN ACTIVELY MARRIED MEN GO FULL AM....

YẸYẸ HYPOCRITES grin grin grin >

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Ade2k(m): 12:55pm On Nov 30, 2023
Just like your mum said, let your sis not take that boat.

I am dealing with a case right now and its very bad. The man has kids and played the "they are abroad" thing.

As I speak with you now my person already has a kid for the man and they have left him already becos the kids are a bunch of retards.

They have ended up influencing their father against my person and almost ran her into depression.

PLEASE, THIS IS A NOOOOOO

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by hardam003: 12:56pm On Nov 30, 2023
It is the man that should be more worried marrying a single mother in my opinion because of some things to trade off marrying one. The man here is single again as far as the law is concerned...
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by jonadaft: 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
oldienavie:

A single mother that has been looking for who to marry for 10 years, she con see divorced man you say make she nor marry am. Oya now, provide man for her to marry.
Don't mind those fools

MOST OF THEM ARE OLOSHOS THAT FREQUENTLY SLEEP WITH DIFFERENT MARRIED AND DIVORCED MEN.
THEIR STUPÌDITY AND NONSENSE TALK LIKE THIS NEVER GOES BEYOND THE SOCIAL MEDIA.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Naddy100(m): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2023
[quote author=Lamanii22 post=120717521]So guys, my sister met a man like a year ago that is divorced, right now he wants them to take it to another level, like wedding level…. My sister is a single mother though, educated, working class, successful…. But my mom doesn’t agree to it, she’s only seeing the bad side…

Waiting for comments! Thank you… what happened to your sister marriage? If your sister attitude good, her first marriage for crash? Your mother should thank God that someone even come to ask for her hand in marriage abi
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Charly68: 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2023
Nothing wrong if both entered into wrong relationship before and had to come out alive. Some divorced men are good men just that some terrible daughters of Eve has turned them to bad men. When they leave the marriage they take their time to settle with a good and caring woman. The woman must find out why the man divorced before she finally say i do..
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Lovemeharder(f): 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2023
She should run for her life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Emma09(m): 1:00pm On Nov 30, 2023
I was divorced and married a single mom. Marriage is blossoming at the moment. Ex wife never had a child. Living peacefully and happily.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by JONSYN7154: 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
oldienavie:

Am telling you.

God bless you 🙏
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Gkay1(m): 1:04pm On Nov 30, 2023
Na only NAIRALAND, u will see where single advicing married. Dis life nor balance at all
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by qtguru(m): 1:08pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:

My mother was this, some years ago she married a divorced man and they are both happy. It depends on the divorce.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by ScamHunter: 1:12pm On Nov 30, 2023
Never, I repeat, never marry a divorced man or woman unless you're not a Christian. Marrying a divorced person whose former spouse still lives is adultery before God. Also, never discountenance the opinion of family who oppose a marriage. God may be speaking through them. Your sister is priming herself for future regret if she ignores your mother.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by MrBroke(m): 1:16pm On Nov 30, 2023
The pros are he's not a professional
The cons are he doesn't eat corn
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by doyinbaby(f): 1:17pm On Nov 30, 2023
Before you marry him...... check his character/behavior....is he physically/verbally abusive...is he financially responsible....pray to God for direction...... once again investigated his behavior
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by InvertedHammer: 1:20pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:

/

Your family should be doing "Thanksgiving" that a man has the balls to marry your sister who is a single mother. Your mother is delusional. So your sister is not old enough to decide what's good for herself? By hypocritical marital standard, the man and your sister are both damaged products. It is shocking that one part is judging the other. By the way, is it divorce that people are handing out in Nigeria like candies these days that you are talking about?

/
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by zigi(f): 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2023
oldienavie:

You don't know that most of the people here are kids aged from 18 to 25. They never see anything...

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by tonytony208(m): 1:23pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:

Your mom should bear in mind that her daughter too is a used commodity with baggage.

Is like your mom doesn't know that marrying a single mother is a disaster waiting to happen?

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by solok: 1:24pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:

If not yet ascertained....since they've been on for more than a year now...let her find out if he is trully divorced legally in accordance with law, custom or religion (if moslems), or are they merely separated and living apart by choice? Did the wife relocate outside the state or outside the country as direct effect of the separation? How old are his children and with whom do they live...mother or father?
It should be noted that separation is not same as divorce. For the former, no serenren is required for the woman to come back into his life but for the latter, she has to go through 're-marry' formalities to get back into his life formally as wife.
Furthermore, if they are merely seoarated and your sister accepts him (and his baggage) so well that she doesn't mind being the other woman, the second wife, baby mama etc kept and maintained outside...or brazenly brought in with ogboju by the man, she can go ahead, otherwise reconsider.
Also, before she allows pregnacy to set in, she should properly clarify the position/situation she and her children (including the one she is a single parent for) will be in his life equation.
Finally, how well does she know his bossom friends and/or parents/siblings/uncles/aunties, any relative that he dearly respects and hold in high regard? What are their dispositions to her? Are they in support or not.
These are some good questions and persoectives to consuder.....so that she can reasonably be well informed of likely consequencies of whatever decision she is taking.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Igahbarr: 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2023
Let her marry him ASAP - men are scarce!
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by robosky02(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
Lamanii22:

If we are compatible – Jane Ogoluwa

I can marry a divorcee if we are compatible, he’s caring and who I am looking for in a man. Being a divorcee does not make him a bad person or mean that he cannot move on with his life. If he is someone I will be happy with and can build a future with, then we are good to go.

I’ll be a father figure to her kids – Akintoye Olaoluwa

I can date or marry a divorcee because being a divorcee doesn’t mean you should not continue with your life. If she probably left the marriage with children, I can be of help because her children won’t feel the absence of their father.

It depends – Michael Chigozie

It really depends on the conditions of the divorce. There are biblical and legitimate grounds for divorce, so if it meets those set requirements, then yes, I can.

Divorce makes people better partners – Charles Ugo

Certainly, I can marry a divorcee. Divorce can be a sign of resilience and strength. Someone who has been through a divorce has likely faced and overcome challenges, which can make them a strong and resilient partner.

Divorce can bring wisdom and experience because a person who has gone through a divorce has learned from their mistakes and can bring valuable experience to a new relationship. They can also bring a fresh perspective, which can make them a more emotionally mature partner. Divorce can bring a greater appreciation for love, communication and commitment and can bring a sense of gratitude, because someone who has gone through a divorce has likely had to rebuild their life, which can lead to a greater sense of gratitude for the people and experiences in their life, including their partner.

If the person is emotionally ready – Eniola Blessing

Personally, I can but it all depends on various factors, including emotional readiness, past relationship dynamics, compatibility and family dynamics. Divorce can be emotionally challenging for both individuals involved. It is important to consider if the divorcee has had enough time to heal, process the emotions associated with their divorce, and is emotionally ready for a new relationship/marriage before approaching her. Also, understanding the reason for the divorce and the dynamics of the past relationship is crucial. It is essential to have open and honest conversations with the divorcee about their past marriage, any lingering issues, and their expectations for a future relationship.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by tonytony208(m): 1:26pm On Nov 30, 2023
Sisib15:
Divorced men are no go area. They have lots of baggages. They will emotionally manipulate. There is nothing you can do that will satisfy them, they will always compare you with their previous wife

Os like you don't know that the single mother involved too has baggage, can be manipulative, deceptive and will pay more attention to her children from previous marriage than her current husband?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Is My Mother In Law Asking For My Genotype? / Get Free Money For Your Business Or School, No Pay Back. / Ladies Talk To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.