Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,130 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man (17773 Views)

"My Wife Is 21" - 60-Year-Old Kano Man Accused Of Marrying 11-Year-Old (Pix) / What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Single Lady That Already Has A Baby? / The Benefits Of Marrying Young Even If You Are Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Tunagee(m): 1:48pm On Dec 02, 2023
ScamHunter:

Marriage is far deeper that many of us realized. That's why many of us approached it carelessly. Divorces stem from marrying carelessly and without spiritual guidance (especially for a Christian). If you marry wrongly, your marital destiny has been destroyed unless the wrong spouse dies and you're free from them to now find the right spouse. If you plan to have a partner all the days of your life, you must marry only who God directs you to. Now to your question, the high standard of the word of God for the Chrstian dictates that they NEVER marry again if a former spose is alive. Even if that spose has remarried, they're not guided by the same law of Christ as the Christian is. The vision of the Chrsitan is to please God always and finally make it to that heavenly home. The unbeliver doesn't have that vision hence they can live in second and third marriages oblivious of the fact that they're committing adultery and on the broad road to hell. For the Christian whose partner divorced, they MUST remain unmarried as long as that partner is alive, even if they had remarried. That is God's word.

A tough one, meaning a lot of people don dey hell be that. I'm currently in this mess. Dont even know what to do
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by ScamHunter: 3:44pm On Dec 02, 2023
Tunagee:

A tough one, meaning a lot of people don dey hell be that. I'm currently in this mess. Dont even know what to do

Satan specifically targets Christians with wrong marriages, not just because the Christian is careless but the church of JESUS is especially fixated on materials things and these TRUTHS are not ingrained into Christian youths. In fact, many church leaders and parents are ignorant about it. Th devil is wily, and knows that a man in a second marriage is trapped and may not have the will to divide his new home. He is also aware that the marriage between two believers forms a church in the home. This is why he uses unbelieving partners, divorces and remarriages to entangle Christians. Not just that, he uses discouragement and bad examples from fellow Christians to deceive many Christians. I encourage you my brother to seek the face of God and be strengthened to do the right thing, which is separating from adulterous marriage. I understand that many Christians in such situations resign because there are many aspects of their lives that are not right before God. However, if holiness is a believer's goal, every entanglement must be cut off. Receive grace.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Tunagee(m): 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2023
ScamHunter:

Satan specifically targets Christians with wrong marriages, not just because the Christian is careless but the church of JESUS is especially fixated on materials things and these TRUTHS are not ingrained into Christian youths. In fact, many church leaders and parents are ignorant about it. Th devil is wily, and knows that a man in a second marriage is trapped and may not have the will to divide his new home. He is also aware that the marriage between two believers forms a church in the home. This is why he uses unbelieving partners, divorces and remarriages to entangle Christians. Not just that, he uses discouragement and bad examples from fellow Christians to deceive many Christians. I encourage you my brother to seek the face of God and be strengthened to do the right thing, which is separating from adulterous marriage. I understand that many Christians in such situations resign because there are many aspects of their lives that are not right before God. However, if holiness is a believer's goal, every entanglement must be cut off. Receive grace.

Am really inspired. Read this over and over again. Very deep. I want to ask, is there any thing like a wrong marriage. Probably thinking i married a wrong person.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by ScamHunter: 8:43pm On Dec 02, 2023
Tunagee:

Am really inspired. Read this over and over again. Very deep. I want to ask, is there any thing like a wrong marriage. Probably thinking i married a wrong person.

For the believer (Christian) every marriage initiated in the flesh is wrong, but still recognized by God. For instance, the marriage of two unbelievers, even though they're people not working in God's will is recognized before God. The marriage of a Christian and an unbeliever is a wrong marriage because it dishonors Jesus Christ. For marriage to be right, it must be between a specific man and a specific woman that were ordained by God to be man and wife. In other words, not every girl out there is the bone and flesh of every man out there. This is why God first brought all the beasts to Adam and saw that non was fit for him. His Eve was made from his flesh and bone. This means that a specific woman is made for a man by God and when a Christian youth is ready for marriage, they must seek God's face to locate their flesh and bone, otherwise, they end up with a beast in a spiritual sense. If she's not your flesh and bone, unlike Adam, you located a beast.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Saintmary(f): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2023
haslaw:

Remember the sister is also a single mother in her thirties and her options are slim. She should consider herself lucky a man is even asking her out sef.

cc : Lamanii22

A man asking a woman out is not doing her a favor.

They both have a lot to gain.

Please carry your nonsense mentality and gerrout.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Saintmary(f): 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2023
MisterGrace:

You people should stop all these lies abeg.

How did you arrive at these lies?

Please prepare your spare room if she starts having problems.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Lamanii22(f): 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2023
robosky02:

If we are compatible – Jane Ogoluwa

I can marry a divorcee if we are compatible, he’s caring and who I am looking for in a man. Being a divorcee does not make him a bad person or mean that he cannot move on with his life. If he is someone I will be happy with and can build a future with, then we are good to go.

I’ll be a father figure to her kids – Akintoye Olaoluwa

I can date or marry a divorcee because being a divorcee doesn’t mean you should not continue with your life. If she probably left the marriage with children, I can be of help because her children won’t feel the absence of their father.

It depends – Michael Chigozie

It really depends on the conditions of the divorce. There are biblical and legitimate grounds for divorce, so if it meets those set requirements, then yes, I can.

Divorce makes people better partners – Charles Ugo

Certainly, I can marry a divorcee. Divorce can be a sign of resilience and strength. Someone who has been through a divorce has likely faced and overcome challenges, which can make them a strong and resilient partner.

Divorce can bring wisdom and experience because a person who has gone through a divorce has learned from their mistakes and can bring valuable experience to a new relationship. They can also bring a fresh perspective, which can make them a more emotionally mature partner. Divorce can bring a greater appreciation for love, communication and commitment and can bring a sense of gratitude, because someone who has gone through a divorce has likely had to rebuild their life, which can lead to a greater sense of gratitude for the people and experiences in their life, including their partner.

If the person is emotionally ready – Eniola Blessing

Personally, I can but it all depends on various factors, including emotional readiness, past relationship dynamics, compatibility and family dynamics. Divorce can be emotionally challenging for both individuals involved. It is important to consider if the divorcee has had enough time to heal, process the emotions associated with their divorce, and is emotionally ready for a new relationship/marriage before approaching her. Also, understanding the reason for the divorce and the dynamics of the past relationship is crucial. It is essential to have open and honest conversations with the divorcee about their past marriage, any lingering issues, and their expectations for a future relationship.

Okay thank you
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Lamanii22(f): 9:09pm On Dec 04, 2023
solok:

If not yet ascertained....since they've been on for more than a year now...let her find out if he is trully divorced legally in accordance with law, custom or religion (if moslems), or are they merely separated and living apart by choice? Did the wife relocate outside the state or outside the country as direct effect of the separation? How old are his children and with whom do they live...mother or father?
It should be noted that separation is not same as divorce. For the former, no serenren is required for the woman to come back into his life but for the latter, she has to go through 're-marry' formalities to get back into his life formally as wife.
Furthermore, if they are merely seoarated and your sister accepts him (and his baggage) so well that she doesn't mind being the other woman, the second wife, baby mama etc kept and maintained outside...or brazenly brought in with ogboju by the man, she can go ahead, otherwise reconsider.
Also, before she allows pregnacy to set in, she should properly clarify the position/situation she and her children (including the one she is a single parent for) will be in his life equation.
Finally, how well does she know his bossom friends and/or parents/siblings/uncles/aunties, any relative that he dearly respects and hold in high regard? What are their dispositions to her? Are they in support or not.
These are some good questions and persoectives to consuder.....so that she can reasonably be well informed of likely consequencies of whatever decision she is taking.

Okay thank you very much
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Acidosis(m): 9:32pm On Dec 04, 2023
Same cons and pros of marrying a man/woman with 1 or more exes.
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Creamypie(m): 3:38am On Dec 12, 2023
frozen70:

Being single parent and being a divorced man is not a curse

Whom soever the children are staying with, the man knows that he has children some where and must divide his attentions with them, including your sister

The only disadvantage there is that, in the near future, those children the other wife had for him, if any, will bring their mother back home and by that time, their father won't have an option because they may be so comfortable to build a house their mum will be staying

So they will now have a voice of their own and speak for their mum

Once they succeed of which they will succeed

Your sister will be the second wife by default

I think i will prefer your sister to get a widower if she can't get a bachelor for peace of mind
bachelors avoid single mums. No one wants to start life with second hand woman. Its a no no
Re: What Are The Pros And Cons Of Marrying A Divorced Man by Jozilinn: 3:28pm On Dec 14, 2023
Stevenbright:

What caused the divorce?
Is he the one at fault or his wife?

Is he actually a good and responsible man?

What are the net effects of the divorce experience on him, is he totally healed now?

His he the type that compares people that is has ever compared her to his former wife?

Your sister need to get answers to these questions and if the answers are favourable to her, she can go on with the relationship otherwise, she needs to watch out.
Totally right because some are just mentally unstable narcissist

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mrs. Tinubu Welcomes First Baby Of 2024, Advocates For Child Welfare / What Is The Cost Of Marrying A Bride In Your Town? / Ladies Talk To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.