Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,811 members, 7,827,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? (4039 Views)

Being An Atheist Is HARD!!! You Need To Be Super Human To Leave Faith! / Atheist Is A Depressing Religion. Discuss / Atheist Is An Open Declaration Of Evil Intent? Discuss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:43pm On Feb 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. So they when they hear the Israelites have a 'mighty god', they should have immediately abandoned their homes and ran into the mountains?
Lol, Max, you really are smart guy grin
You're making perfect sense

YES! That's what people back then used to do.
The Gibeonites did just that and their lives were spared! Joshua 9:3-9

The problem is you're using the modern day thought to judge what people that lived when civilization is not like our days does. smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 10:57pm On Feb 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

YES! That's what people back then used to do.
The Gibeonites did just that and their lives were spared! Joshua 9:3-9

The problem is you're using the modern day thought to judge what people that lived when civilization is not like our days does. smiley
Dude, they didn't run to mountains
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

If I see videos or photo of Yahweh creating the world, why won't I believe he exists?
In the case of these links…

https://www.hughjames.com/blog/jehovah%E2%80%99s-witness-elder-sentenced-to-nine-years-in-prison-for-sexual-abuse

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-46131196.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1082136

… are you saying they were wrongly accused and jailed without evidence, even when they confessed?
Maxindhouse, you dodged this post grin
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

Dude, they didn't run to mountains
They don't have to run!
All they need to do is surrender to whatever the greater army demands, that's how it goes back then! smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

Maxindhouse, you dodged this post grin
MaxInDHouse:

Have you seen the VIDEO of a JW molesting anyone?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 11:02pm On Feb 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Have you seen the video of a JW commiting it?

… even when they confessed? grin
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 11:03pm On Feb 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) embarassed

Well i know you're just trying to crack jokes with that but please if you're the type who easily gets annoyed when someone disturbing you with questions suddenly turn everything to joke don't bring up anything like Flying Spaghetti because the next time you do i will always turn your questions into jokes no matter how angry you may be.

There is no child molester JW because i've not seen one therefore all those stories could easily be compared to what people around you are saying about God/Gods and since you never experience one you too never believe! smiley
He is a greater god than your Yahweh. So what's your problem?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:13pm On Feb 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

… even when they confessed? grin

Please VIDEO of JW molesting someone Sir! smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:14pm On Feb 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

He is a greater god than your Yahweh. So what's your problem?
But you said there's no God nah! undecided
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 11:17pm On Feb 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Please VIDEO of JW molesting someone Sir! smiley
You haven't answered my question.
So those JWs mol@sters were innocent of the crime they were accused even though they confessed?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 11:17pm On Feb 13, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

But you said there's no God nah! undecided
Yeah. Even if he existed, FSM is bigger than him

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:20pm On Feb 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

You haven't answered my question.
So those JWs mol@sters were innocent of the crime they were accused even though they confessed?

As long as there is NO VIDEOS ọmọ na lie!
That's your criteria not mine Sir! wink
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:21pm On Feb 13, 2023
jaephoenix:

Yeah. Even if he existed, FSM is bigger than him
Guy i don close for today! cheesy
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 6:09am On Feb 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

As long as there is NO VIDEOS ọmọ na lie!
That's your criteria not mine Sir! wink
Lol. So if I committed a crime and I was accused, and later confessed, then I'm innocent?
In the case of your Yahweh, did he admit himself that he existed and created the world? Even though there's no video evidence

3 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31am On Feb 14, 2023
jaephoenix:

Lol. So if I committed a crime and I was accused, and later confessed, then I'm innocent?
In the case of your Yahweh, did he admit himself that he existed and created the world? Even though there's no video evidence
A spirit speaks through His organized worshipers so if you see His Witnesses but insist on seeing Him speak to you then i too will insist on seeing a video footage of the crime before agreeing the accused really committed it! smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 11:40pm On Feb 14, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

A spirit speaks through His organized worshipers so if you see His Witnesses but insist on seeing His speak to you then i too will insist on seeing a video footage of the crime before agreeing the accused really committed it! smiley
You don't understand.
I said if I see a written verifiable evidence, of course I'd believe Yahweh created the world
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:08am On Feb 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

You don't understand.
I said if I see a written verifiable evidence, of course I'd believe Yahweh created the world

That is what makes you people stupid and mad. You do not see a landlord's C of O before you believe that he is the landlord.

Anyway, you are already doomed with The LandLord of this world so enjoy your wishing till the day The LandLord comes.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:57am On Feb 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

You don't understand.

What do you mean by "verifiable"?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 9:59am On Feb 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

That is what makes you people stupid and mad. You do not see a landlord's C of O before you believe that he is the landlord.

Anyway, you are already doomed with The LandLord of this world so enjoy your wishing till the day The LandLord comes.
So how do you know a landlord, sir
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 10:01am On Feb 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

What do you mean by "verifiable"?
verifiable
/ˈvɛrɪfʌɪəbl/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
able to be checked or demonstrated to be true, accurate, or justified.
"an easily verifiable claim"

Something I can demonstrate to be true

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:52am On Feb 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

So how do you know a landlord, sir

Don't tell me that you have never rented a house, at least you have bought items, so how did you know that the person who selling the item was the owner?

These things are known.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:16am On Feb 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

verifiable
/ˈvɛrɪfʌɪəbl/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
able to be checked or demonstrated to be true, accurate, or justified.
"an easily verifiable claim"

Something I can demonstrate to be true
So do you agree that the DEMONSTRATION of God's people in your community today based on the HOPE they have is evidence of God's existence? Hebrews 11:1 smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Don't tell me that you have never rented a house, at least you have bought items, so how did you know that the person who selling the item was the owner?

These things are known.
The ones I rented I met the landlords in those houses, or I met agents. So I don't understand your analogy
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 1:49pm On Feb 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

So do you agree that the DEMONSTRATION of God's people in your community today based on the HOPE they have is evidence of God's existence? Hebrews 11:1 smiley
Good. Which demonstrable and verifiable evidence is that

2 Likes

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:26pm On Feb 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

Good. Which demonstrable and verifiable evidence is that

Throughout the whole world people turn to weapons and support in killing people for so many reasons but God commanded His own worshipers to drop weapons and we can see individuals including the most racist nations obeying wholeheartedly (DEMONSTRATION) of VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE that a GOD is in control! smiley
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:51pm On Feb 15, 2023
jaephoenix:

The ones I rented I met the landlords in those houses, or I met agents. So I don't understand your analogy

Hence the question. How did you know that the person/agent who claimed landlord, is the landlord?

Apply the same skill here.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by FxMasterz: 5:33pm On Feb 15, 2023
gohf:
I don't know kobojunkie and he may as well have his issues but didn't you read where he wrote that he obeyed and yielded to the commands of Christ. If so then how did you get the idea he was saying the holy spirit forcefully entered him

Did he say he had absolute unbelief, I have to reread what he wrote because I recall him writing that he was already on a path to seeking God and obeying his word

My question for you now is, who sent you to say this
How did he ascertain that the commands he was obeying were of Christ?
Have you read his response to me? Can you pick a few things? He said he was possessed by a spirit and I made him know how the Holy Spirit operates. He has denied that he never said he was possessed by the Holy Spirit, can you please help us discipher what spirit he was possessed with, because I don't know any other spirit that can possess a Christian other than the Holy Spirit. Do you also agree with him that only those who are baptised in the Holy Spirit can blaspheme God and the Lord Jesus Christ?
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by FxMasterz: 5:35pm On Feb 15, 2023
Kobojunkie:
1. I mentioned being born-again - born of water and born of the spirit -, and Jesus Christ said absolutely nothing relating nothing, so explain to me how you came about connecting what I said to the Holy Spirit. undecided

2. According to Jesus Christ, only those who are born-again - who belong in the Kingdom of God — who in fact have the Holy Spirit in them can blaspheme Him. So, explain how one who does not even believe in God — an atheist — is able to circumvent the rule as set by Jesus Christ Himself in order to blaspheme the Holy Spirit? undecided

3. According to the teachings of Jesus Christ in Matthew 15 vs 1 - 14 & Mark 7 vs 1 - 13, it is instead the doctrines and traditions of men that drive people away from the Truth of God and nullifies the power of God in the lives of people rendering their worship of God meaningless. But here you are suggesting instead that by continuously teaching the Truth of God as spoken by Jesus Christ, I turn people away from the Truth of Jesus Christ. How is that possible? Are you insinuating that Jesus Christ got it wrong in His Gospel teachings? Or do you instead confuse the doctrines and traditions of men which I speak against with the Truth of God? undecided

4. Demons also believe(mentally acknowledgment kind) in Jesus Christ, so are we then to conclude by your assertion that they are saved by Him? Look, Jesus Christ taught you in clear words that those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments.
Saying with your mouth and in your head that you believe(mental acknowledgment) in Jesus Christ mean absolutely nothing where Jesus Christ, and God, is concerned. So, any kind of faith you claim to have that is not preceded by the obedience of His teachings and commandments amounts to absolutely nothing where God is concerned. undecided
In the Kingdom of God, obedience is the Key for without obedience, it is impossible to please God or even know God. undecided

5. Again, you would need to explain why you keep pointing at the Holy Spirit when
■ Jesus Christ never said that you get the Holy Spirit when you become born-again
■ I never mentioned getting the Holy Spirit when I became born-again either
The entire theology you posted up there is so warped that it couldn't have come from the Holy Spirit. Check yourself kobojunkie before it is too late.

CC: gohf

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by gohf: 7:34pm On Feb 15, 2023
FxMasterz:

Do you also agree with him that only those who are baptised in the Holy Spirit can blaspheme God and the Lord Jesus Christ?
I am not one to attack anyone or easily support anyone, I may attack falsehood and evil but also do not agree to things I am not aware of.
Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 7:54pm On Feb 15, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Throughout the whole world people turn to weapons and support in killing people for so many reasons but God commanded His own worshipers to drop weapons and we can see individuals including the most racist nations obeying wholeheartedly (DEMONSTRATION) of VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE that a GOD is in control! smiley
Throughout the whole world people turn to weapons and support in killing people for so many reasons but the Flying Spaghetti Monster commanded His own worshipers to drop weapons and we can see individuals including the most racist nations obeying wholeheartedly (DEMONSTRATION) of VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE that a Spaghetti Monster is in control!
This is proof Spaghetti Monster exists lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by jaephoenix(m): 7:58pm On Feb 15, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Hence the question. How did you know that the person/agent who claimed landlord, is the landlord?

Apply the same skill here.
Actually, nobody showed any credentials about the property ownership. What I see is agents claiming to know the landlord, then after property inspection, I get to pay into certain accounts, and keys given to me. Obviously if they weren't acting on behalf of the landlord, I wouldn't get inside to examine the property or get the keys.
I don't know how your analogy relates to the universe creation dilemna

1 Like

Re: Being An Atheist Is It An Excuse To Be Wicked? by FxMasterz: 8:08pm On Feb 15, 2023
gohf:
I am not one to attack anyone or easily support anyone, I may attack falsehood and evil but also do not agree to things I am not aware of.
Have you read his response to me? Did I call on you to attack anyone? You queried me on my response to kobojunkie, and instead of making any personal judgement on him, I invited you to analyze his response to me, and either confirm or reject my previous answers to him. Do you now have words of advice for me or kobojunkie after reading his response?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

When God Visits You / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Greater Glory / Bible Verses Churches Conceal From Your Ears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.