Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,994 members, 7,835,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) (45507 Views)

Buratai: Terrorism May Persist For Another 20 Years In Nigeria / FG Releases ₦20 Billion For The East-West Road Project / 2.5 Billion. See What Nigerians Are Saying About The First Lady On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 6:56am On Feb 09, 2023
Biodun556:
After the initial 120 billion, during election period.

Tinubu for president
you'veu Sabi sound like small pikin eeh.. 😂 😂
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by ponishah: 7:15am On Feb 09, 2023
Dharnchuks:

Am seriously tired.
Wetin weak me pass na the 21% interest rate, Abi my eye dey pain me? Meaning in 3 years fidelity will be making around 16 Bn from the deal.
What are the chances the company will make commensurate returns in that period. We keep blaming the federal government but the governors and their executives are doing far worse.

SO 21% OF N20b IS N16b in 3 years?
You are even worse than the politicians you criticize

1 Like

Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by gabson02(m): 7:20am On Feb 09, 2023
Hendrixky:
After this election we are going to be aware of certain things
1)the problem of Nigeria is tribalism and not all about religion but mostly tribalism
And hausas are not really tribalistic the way we thought
But the yorubas are more tribalistic..the problem with hausas is that little religious line..apart from that hausas are fantastic people

Because as at the time Buhari was sick and travelling for medical attention we all was clamouring for him to hand over to a healthy and vibrant Osinbajo. We regretted our action of being stupid to elect a sick old man

But now we have a vibrant and healthy Peter obi contesting but the yorubas because of tribalism wants us to install tinubu again knowing fully well that the world will mock us

The worse part of it is that the pain and memory of the incessant travel for medical check up by Buhari is still very fresh in our mind.not like it happened 20 years ago. It just happened yesterday..

And for all those quoting me. Please am not any of this tribe not igbo, yoruba or hausa. I'm from the South South
Abia State Government has announced the cancellation of the planned installation of one Sarki Shehu Bello 11 as the Emir of Aba Emirate Council.

In a statement by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG) Barr. Chris Ezem, the Government directs security agencies to ensure that no such event capable of breaching the existing peace in the State takes place in Aba or any part.

The statement reads: “The attention of the Government of Abia State has been drawn to a proposed coronation of one Sarki Shehu Bello 11 as the Emir of Aba Emirate Council without recourse to Government.

“Government wishes to warn all involved in this unauthorized and illegal coronation to stop forthwith or be prepared to face the full weight of the law.

“Government hereby directs the immediate cancellation of the proposed illegal coronation as there is nothing like Aba Emirate Council in the State.

“Government further warns all residents in the state especially those residents in Aba to be law-abiding.

“Law enforcement agents have been directed to swing into action and ensure that no such event capable of breaching the existing peace in the state takes place in Aba or any part of the State.”
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by gabson02(m): 7:23am On Feb 09, 2023
Hendrixky:
1)the problem of Nigeria is tribalism and not all about religion but mostly tribalism
But the yorubas are more tribalistic..the problem with hausas is that little religious line..apart from that hausas are fantastic people

Because as at the time Buhari was sick and travelling for medical attention we all was clamouring for him to hand over to a healthy and vibrant Osinbajo. We regretted our action of being stupid to elect a sick old man

But now we have a vibrant and healthy Peter obi contesting but the yorubas because of tribalism wants us to install tinubu again knowing fully well that the world will mock us

The worse part of it is that the pain and memory of the incessant travel for medical check up by Buhari is still very fresh in our mind.not like it happened 20 years ago. It just happened yesterday..

And for all those quoting me. Please am not any of this tribe not igbo, yoruba or hausa. I'm from the South South
what do u have to say to this That's a nice move, and my Yoruba brothers day give them chance for their land, I was surprised when I heard eze King in lagos😏😏
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Cantonese: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2023
N20b to be paid @21% in 3 years? Abi I no see well?
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by descarado: 7:29am On Feb 09, 2023
Nigeria soud go back to regional govt and tre federalism. This shit ain't working 😒
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by highchief1: 7:40am On Feb 09, 2023
duro4chang:
What did he steal? When diy he steal
mace.ask google too.
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Venerable612(m): 7:47am On Feb 09, 2023
Wotowotoman:

I’m not supporting Okowa but I must say that you are a dumbo who thinks he sounds smart. You have just typed jargons wey you sef no sabi…

I won’t indulge illiterates. Certain you don’t understand a thing in my comments. Olodo rabata oju eja lo mo je.
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by duro4chang(m): 8:17am On Feb 09, 2023
highchief1:
mace.ask google too.
I need more explaination please.
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Wotowotoman: 8:21am On Feb 09, 2023
Venerable612:

I won’t indulge illiterates. Certain you don’t understand a thing in my comments. Olodo rabata oju eja lo mo je.

This is most likely a scheme to fund elections but your comments are out of place and sound very stupid. You must be a student or person wey just learn about investing. Let me show you how stupid you sound thinking you are smart and school you dumbo….

Borrowing that much money just to invest in Shares of some shell companies… Dumbo who told you it’s a shell company? It’s allegedly a floating LNG company that Delta state allegedly invested in. And they have allegedly given Delta state an opportunity to buy more shares. It’s not the first time that a government or company or individual will borrow money to make its equity contribution dumbo

Like 20 billion Niara for shares, when Delta State isn’t a Private Equity firm. Dumbo what has this got to do with private equity? You clearly have no idea what PE is. You just want to sound smart but ended up sounding g stupid!

Company that can go burst and share price plummet anytime. How does he hope to recoup the 20bn investment? Dumbo, The company can go bust but it is a private company and private companies don’t have share prices. You are not bright.
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by blabulu2000: 8:27am On Feb 09, 2023
Okoea and Uduagha are the same...

They are just in the government house to spend money...
James Ibori left a bad legacy in that state ....but all these delta people will not listen...they prefer to vote for an armed robbery in PDP than a Saint and intelligent person in any opposition. party...and tribal. politcs is. legendary...
Despite being one of the oil-producing states and the large sum. of money the state will be getting monthly. Yet, still looking for where to borrow money from. china.... don't worry china. will borrow you the money but will also take all your land.
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by professorPABX: 9:26am On Feb 09, 2023
Hendrixky:

You are a fool. You are taking Yorubas for granted because of Yorubas magnanimity and open mindedness. I don't blame you because God created the Yorubas to be fair minded people.

I spent 6 years in the University in IBO land and can write books about the IBOs. Whenever anybody from another tribe is fighting an IBO man, all IBOs around will support him without asking questions about the cause(s) of the feud, the same is applicable to Hausa / Fulani. Yorubas will never support their brothers without asking questions about the cause(s) of the feud. While in the University in IBO land, I asked my Grandfather if this IBO racism and hatred started after the Civil War, he said it has been the IBO characters before the Civil War.

Victor Banjo the first Director of Biafran Army - the man who designed the first Biafra Operation Masterplan and led the operation was a Yoruba man.

If Ayo Adebanjo, Doyin Okupe and Obasanjo had not supported OBI he would have been nobody today in Nigeria political terrain. IBOs have never supported any Yoruba cause except to antagonize it but our gods and the Supreme God are not sleeping.

If Emefiele were to be a Yoruba man he would have been removed.

This topic is about Okowa's request for =N=20 billion loan in Delta you are bringing the issue of the Yorubas here. You know the loan is for Atiku bribery of voters for election. You want the loan granted so that Atiku can win.
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Venerable612(m): 9:40am On Feb 09, 2023
Wotowotoman:

This is most likely a scheme to fund elections but your comments are out of place and sound very stupid. You must be a student or person wey just learn about investing. Let me show you how stupid you sound thinking you are smart and school you dumbo….
[/font]

Lol 😂 I wonder where you folks from trying to sound intelligent by being stupid.

If this will guide your subsequent reply to me - I am no student or person wey just Learn investing - I have studied and practised for a decade in Law, 21/2 of which was done practicing Banking & Finance in one of the top corporate law firms in Nigeria, including corporate and project finance. And the last 1 year in one of Big Law, practicing general corporates. Show some respect man 👨.

Wotowotoman:

Borrowing that much money just to invest in Shares of some shell companies… Dumbo who told you it’s a shell company? It’s allegedly a floating LNG company that Delta state allegedly invested in. And they have allegedly given Delta state an opportunity to buy more shares. It’s not the first time that a government or company or individual will borrow money to make its equity contribution dumbo

It’s a shell company - the floating LNG is the real asset - you should Google what it is cos I don’t have time to school you. Eventually what happens is that Delta state will grant a Share Charge over its shares in the company in favour of Fidelity plus Fidelity will take security over the floating LNG - the real asset. Ask yourself, what’s the benefit to Delta state? There are other nuances in finance but I don’t have time to school you. Whether it is a ploy to fund elections is not relevant to me - I have only commented on the economics of it.

Wotowotoman:

Like 20 billion Niara for shares, when Delta State isn’t a Private Equity firm. Dumbo what has this got to do with private equity? You clearly have no idea what PE is. You just want to sound smart but ended up sounding g stupid!

Oga you should try use Microsoft Bing. They have integrated ChatGPT now - that may teach you what PE firms do.

Wotowotoman:

Company that can go burst and share price plummet anytime. How does he hope to recoup the 20bn investment? Dumbo, The company can go bust but it is a private company and private companies don’t have share prices. You are not bright.

Bros private companies have share prices, they only don’t get traded on an exchange. Private companies’ shares are bought and sold privately and may even do a private placement - how do you think they are valued? I think you are a mechanic.
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Oyiboman69: 10:48am On Feb 09, 2023
Ogaga87:
Propaganda will not save APC..

Show me a state that is not b9rr9wing..

I never hear APC vice president proudly saying he saved like Obi did
what's propaganda in this news?...shut up if you're not a deltan
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by highchief1: 1:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
duro4chang:
I need more explaination please.
ok
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Biggeststar01: 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

While I talked about reality you are talking about tribe, if you want to bomb go ahead.

I'm not talking tribe..ask anyone supporting tinubu or atiku it's always Because they don't want Igbo man to win, what kind of one Nigeria is this.

Is it not better to separate?
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Biggeststar01: 2:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
Drsnives:

Civil servants here in Delta have already planned a shocker for him my friend..
Relax, Pdp is loosing Delta State big time

Damn...no seriously that money is too much... atiku loves selling public property.

I don't believe this unifier bullshit he is selling
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Biggeststar01: 2:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
litetias:

Do any of those states you want to compare with Delta state receive as much as Delta state gets from the federal government? Think before you talk

I'm from Anambra, Anambra receives one of the lowest from Federal government infact South East receives lowest even after they discovered gas in our region they still want to pump it to north and leave us behind..

Won't work
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Biggeststar01: 3:08pm On Feb 09, 2023
Tareq1105:

Just listen to yourself.

You said Obi doesn't own Fidelity Bank but had shares in the bank. You've accepted and it's conviction.

Any business you have interest in, or your wife, or your children or your siblings, you definitely have interest there. Nigerian Law forbid you from any transactions or dealings with it. Get it right into your head.
Yes, I agreed that Tinubu and Atiku may have had scenario like this or similar or worst but don't present Obi to me as an angel. I'm a Yoruba man but I tell you the truth, I can't be that gullible doing follow follow blindly at age 55.

If he committed a crime they should arrest him na..

Are you aware that they wanted to arrest him for disclosing that the oil is being stolen by government.

These people will arrest Obi if they learnt that he slept with a mistress, they are looking for anything that they can use to arrest him.

So if what he did was wrong then why don't they arrest him
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by atobs4real(m): 3:10pm On Feb 09, 2023
Hendrixky:

Who your write up help?
I will vote for my Yoruba man.
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Ogaga87(m): 4:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
Juanmike:
Ogafool

People be talking, still an epileptic jackasses from a generational disarray lineage won't keep quiet..

Keep exposing your mama dirty asz in public..
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by omonnakoda: 4:49pm On Feb 09, 2023
Dharnchuks:

Am seriously tired.
Wetin weak me pass na the 21% interest rate, Abi my eye dey pain me? Meaning in 3 years fidelity will be making around 12.6 Bn from the deal.
What are the chances the company will make commensurate returns in that period. We keep blaming the federal government but the governors and their executives are doing far worse.
better to invest in Fidelity bank
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Juanmike(m): 5:16pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ogaga87:

People be talking, still an epileptic jackasses from a generational disarray lineage won't keep quiet..

Keep exposing your mama dirty asz in public..
Ogaikpu
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by hakeemhakeem(m): 5:17pm On Feb 09, 2023
Biggeststar01:

I'm not talking tribe..ask anyone supporting tinubu or atiku it's always Because they don't want Igbo man to win, what kind of one Nigeria is this.

Is it not better to separate?

it is not called democracy for fun ,it allow everyone to choice irrespective to the characteristics be it color ,works, religions ,tribe
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by georgeakins: 6:45pm On Feb 09, 2023
tradepunter:

It's the sad truth.... Things I have heard this election period I am shocked and ashamed....

And the funny thing is that they think I don't speak or hear Yoruba.....

My greatest shock was when a Yoruba was getting mad and angry at Muslim Muslim ticket all of sudden is changing his tone due to tribalism....

I really feel sorry for obi that is depending on x number of votes....

I lived in the North most of my life and can say the hausas are the most open set of people.... Tho fanatism attached to religion is the only draw back

Keep quiet!
Who cares whether you understand Yoruba?
Your fellow Ibos have said worse things about Tinubu simply because he is a Yoruba man.
It is your fellow Ibos who introduced tribal war on Nairaland.
It is your fellow Ibos who put Nigeria in this mess in 1966, due to greed and desperation for power.

1 Like

Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by sapeleboi(m): 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
how he wan take pay after failure

Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Biggeststar01: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

it is not called democracy fun ,it allow everyone to choice irrespective to the characteristics be it color ,works, religions ,tribe

More reason for Biafra 👍
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Drsnives(m): 7:51pm On Feb 09, 2023
Biggeststar01:

Damn...no seriously that money is too much... atiku loves selling public property.

I don't believe this unifier bullshit he is selling
Their plans will fail
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Biggeststar01: 7:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
hakeemhakeem:

it is not called democracy fun ,it allow everyone to choice irrespective to the characteristics be it color ,works, religions ,tribe

You act as if I'm threatening you with Biafra?

Since it's a system of freedom we're operating on...In that case there's also the freedom of separation.

We know you people will always remain tribalistic and it's your choice, we don't blame you.

But we cannot wait for you to have sense before you vote Igbo man..

So if Igbo man doesn't become president of Nigeria by February Nigeria becomes 4 and half zones 👍

It's not a threat, separation of Nigeria is not a threat. I'm just telling you what will happen.

That's it
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 09, 2023
Biggeststar01:

You act as if I'm threatening you with Biafra?

Since it's a system of freedom we're operating on...In that case there's also the freedom of separation.

We know you people will always remain tribalistic and it's your choice, we don't blame you.

But we cannot wait for you to have sense before you vote Igbo man..

So if Igbo man doesn't become president of Nigeria by February Nigeria becomes 4 and half zones 👍

It's not a threat, separation of Nigeria is not a threat. I'm just telling you what will happen.

That's it
And how exactly are you gonna make that happen?
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Biggeststar01: 11:31pm On Feb 09, 2023
ogunprince18:

And how exactly are you gonna make that happen?

Easy.

REBELLION.

Surely the world knows that igbos are being maltreated and marginalized in Nigeria and Everyone sees the killers of igbos as they see Russia.

If Obi doesn't win it will give us another momentum to prove that the Igbos are neglected in Nigeria, then we all focus on Biafra, creating our own military, disobeying and tormenting any Igbo politician that sides with Nigerian government. And giving all the obedience and respect to whoever chooses to lead the movement.

Surely Fulani will react to this as they usually do, they are always insecure about Biafra and they will respond by doing something like - an attack on Igbos.

UN gets involved, Igbos complain and cry for freedom the world gets involved especially through the media. And the UN is forced to do something about it.

They can either divide Nigeria politically, where every region is in charge of their resources and government and there is no president. rather 6 heads of states.

OR

They divide Nigeria completely. That's how it's gonna happen. And that's only like a plan A.

If Obi is involved in the movement it will be faster.
and difficult for UN to Ignore.
Re: Patrick Okowa Requests To Borrow Another ₦‎20 Billion (See Request Letter) by Nobody: 11:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
[quote author=Biggeststar01 post=120776450]

Easy.

REBELLION.

Surely the world knows that igbos are being maltreated and marginalized in Nigeria and Everyone sees the killers of igbos as they see Russia.
Marginalized because your candidate lost 😂. The world will not listen to that CRAP

If Obi doesn't win it will give us another momentum to prove that the Igbos are neglected in Nigeria, then we all focus on Biafra, creating our own military, disobeying and tormenting any Igbo politician that sides with Nigerian government. And giving all the obedience and respect to whoever chooses to lead the movement.
So you’ll start civil war if obi loses. I hope you know there’s no “we all” it will just be ipob terrorist vs Nigeria. They dealt with boko haram you think they won’t deal with you 😂😂😂😂

Surely Fulani will react to this as they usually do, they are always insecure about Biafra and they will respond by doing something like - an attack on Igbos.

UN gets involved, Igbos complain and cry for freedom the world gets involved especially through the media. And the UN is forced to do something about it.

They can either divide Nigeria politically, where every region is in charge of their resources and government and there is no president. rather 6 heads of states.

OR

They divide Nigeria completely. That's how it's gonna happen. And that's only like a plan A.
Nothing will happen if obi loses. Zombidients we’re the main one’s shouting one Nigeria and accusing tinubu of wanting to divide Nigeria so stand on what you created

If Obi is involved in the movement it will be faster.
and difficult for UN to Ignore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

VP Shettima Insists Buhari Sits On His Seat Out Of Respect In Borno (Video) / For Those Of Us Seriously Beating The Drum Of War. Is This What We Really Want? / Man Applies For Buhari's Ministerial Position Through Newspaper Advert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.