Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? (11686 Views)

Boobs: Why Men Will Continue To Be Babies In The Hands Of Women! / Can A Relationship Work When We Have Different Backgrounds / Can A Relationship Between Two Lovers Work When They Dont Have Alot In Common? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by yetunde01(f): 11:55am On Sep 12, 2011
NOTE THAT NIGERIA WOMEN ARE HIGHLY INDUSTRIOUS AND VERY HARD WORKING.
[quote][/quote]
Dats true.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nayah(f): 11:59am On Sep 12, 2011
^^ thanks and I'd add African women is general are very hard working
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by oluwabamis(m): 12:21pm On Sep 12, 2011
One of the reasons why our society is so filled with unruly youths is because the parents have gone looking for money, daddy and mummy wakes up at 4am to go work, the house-help is left to take care of the kids. the parents comes back by 10pm when the kids are asleep, during weekends prents are out there attending one social function or the other. We still wonder why most kids are wayward. If I earn 500k monthly, i will dedicate at least 20% of it to setting my wife up on some business, so she can be closer to the children. as a matter of fact my wife is resigning soon to run her business.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:22pm On Sep 12, 2011
I work in Nigeria as a young Bachelor, and I make a little over 500,000 Naira per month, and I can state that it isnt enough at all.

A decent 3 bedroom flat in a good neighbourhood in Port-harcourt now ranges between 700,000 - 1.5million Naira a year, Now factor in the cost of running the house, bills and fees,

Abeg abeg abeg, she must work o!!
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by elewedu(m): 2:47pm On Sep 12, 2011
[b]Women, will you allow your husband to work if you earn 500k?? ;Dwhat is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Kizilala: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2011
Make your wife a housewife and another man will give her work on his bed
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by buJu234: 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2011
if she wants to work; then allow her if not; o boy leave her alone.

after all when u were marrying u promised her parents that u will take good care of her

not the reverse ok,
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by sharpman1(m): 3:56pm On Sep 12, 2011
oluwabamis:

One of the reasons why our society is so filled with unruly youths is because the parents have gone looking for money, daddy and mummy wakes up at 4am to go work, the house-help is left to take care of the kids. the parents comes back by 10pm when the kids are asleep, during weekends prents are out there attending one social function or the other. We still wonder why most kids are wayward. If I earn 500k monthly, i will dedicate at least 20% of it to setting my wife up on some business, so she can be closer to the children. as a matter of fact my wife is resigning soon to run her business.

You've not seen children, raised by full time house wives and even house husbands grin turn out bad?
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 12, 2011
dem no born her well make she no work. maa divorce ee nii.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by jice(m): 9:34am On Sep 13, 2011
She will work more as there will be more to invest.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by agitator: 1:52pm On Sep 13, 2011
my inference is that the lady who asked this question doesn't agree with her hubby to work because he is earning enough so no need for her to work.

Lady it is good to work, because it might come in handy in a rainy day. What if something should happen to the man. Such ladies end up as beggers or pr0stitutes
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by yetunde01(f): 9:47am On Sep 14, 2011
Thanks to you all.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by kodewrita(m): 11:45am On Sep 14, 2011
Okija_juju:

I work in Nigeria as a young Bachelor, and I make a little over 500,000 Naira per month, and I can state that it isnt enough at all.

A decent 3 bedroom flat in a good neighbourhood in Port-harcourt now ranges between 700,000 - 1.5million Naira a year, Now factor in the cost of running the house, bills and fees,

Abeg abeg abeg, she must work o!!

Dude, no lie.

700k rent amounts to a little over 50k a month. there's still 450 left.

45k out of that will cover your feeding and entertainment costs.

further 45k and all other costs (NEPA, GEN, DSTV< Petrol) are covered.

There's still enough to invest and live well.

People are posting on this forum as if 500k was really chump change. Its definitely enough to live a very good life in ANY nigerian city. Thats 6m a year if am not mistaken.

Unless you are a deeply profligate spender, you cannot spend more than 2m of that on personal expenses and there's still enough to buy land in lekki, mowe,agbara or kurudu for resale.

@Poster; My wife will work.

1. So that she wont get bored sitting around the house and then run away with the first male visitor with a good smile.

2. So my kids can have someone to pay for their chocolate and the dentist fees.

3. So we can make more money faster(Imagine main salary of 500k with wife supporting it with 230k-250k, thats 750k inflow to the family every month. Good stuff.)
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by favour101(m): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2011
Ronkebp is a real description of a lazy woman that have no focus.she is the type if the money is not there she will run away Ronkebp go for deliverance
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by ebonyvibe(f): 12:04pm On Sep 14, 2011
i second elewedu and agitator

Kodewrita: dont Judge everyone by your own standards have you factor school fees ie BIS 6ook per term; summer holidays (TRUST ME THEY DONT COME CHEAP).

Some people can survive on 50k p/m and some struggle to survive on 5m a month so it is all standards. ie my father inlaw couldnt survive on that a month as he has four kids studying abroad .

It all the standards
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by Candyness(f): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2011
I earn 3 times more than my boyfriend but for some reason, he prefers to giv me money. I guess its his idea of being macho.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by ebonyvibe(f): 12:13pm On Sep 14, 2011
@ Candyness: does your boyfriend have a brother like him I will swap my husband for him anyday (Joke)

I earn twice more than my husband and he makes me responsible for almost everthing
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by kodewrita(m): 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2011
ebonyvibe:

i second elewedu and agitator

Kodewrita: dont Judge everyone by your own standards have you factor school fees ie BIS 6ook per term; summer holidays (TRUST ME THEY DONT COME CHEAP).

Some people can survive on 50k p/m and some struggle to survive on 5m a month so it is all standards. ie my father inlaw couldnt survive on that a month as he has four kids studying abroad .

It all the standards
forgive me for judging a young bachelor with no major stated responsibilities by my standards. I assumed a normal elite lifestyle while making those comments though.
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by CHIMSKY(m): 11:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
How much is 500k sef?If u pick ur bills in Abuja,save,invest in projects.U will realise that the money does not come to much.
kokoye: Allow??

It's up to the wife as well.

But seiously, is $500k that big to make your wife want to stay at home, especially in Lagos or Abuja?

maybe in Oshogbo.

Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by BLACKSNIP(m): 10:35am On Feb 08, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Men,will You Allow Your Wife Work When You Earn 500k Per Mth? by IjeomaOkeke100(f): 12:18pm On Apr 11, 2013
claremont: A man who denies his partner the right to fulfil her career goals is a selfish man IMO!

Bless you child. Working sometimes is not even about how much you earn but about how happy are you doing what you do. If the man wants you to be more focused to the family and he earns enough but you still find that you love what you do, maybe try doing it on a part time basis just for fun

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

No Woman Is Perfect But She Is Close (pictures Added) / GIRLS: Ta-ta Towels For Boobs Are A Thing Now(photos) / VIDEO: Man Seen Masturbating In Keke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.