Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,886 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. (62109 Views)

What's The Difference Between Coca-cola And Pepsi And Which Do You Prefer? / Coke Vs Pepsi: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photo) / Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by dewiseacre(m): 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2023
I have been privileged to taste Coca Cola in more than 6 developed countries. The quality and taste's different... You can take that to the bank!!

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Emaprince: 3:32pm On Feb 09, 2023
Olasyke:
The quality here is trash, and it got worse since 2020. Seems like they are diluting it nowadays. Looks light and see through. Cost of business wan kill them so in turn, they give us substandard poison products.
Thought I was the only one that noticed the drastic change in the coke we take here back in 2020.

The taste changed. It wasn't gassing no more. Infact it became more like an ordinary water. Its been like that up till date.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Solocoin: 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2023
Those shouting substandard if they start selling a bottle of coke 1k to match with others country how many of you will buy it without complaining. Do you know if the price is according to the tax the pay to government?

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by SirJerrie(m): 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2023
Compare Quality not Price!!!
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Bullman(m): 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

I doubt there's such thing as substandard coke.
Unless theirs have extra caffeine in it, which will not be good.

If you taste cocacola from America or europe , and taste the made in Nigeria version , bro the difference is very clear
In Gambia 33 cl is 45 dalasi, that's about 450 in naira.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by OhiOfIhima: 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2023
Olasyke:
The quality here is trash, and it got worse since 2020. Seems like they are diluting it nowadays. Looks light and see through. Cost of business wan kill them so in turn, they give us substandard poison products.

You're right. Some of this minerals are not quiet different from normal water. The dilution is just too much here. Just water, sugar and colouring. That's what we take here.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by ZINNYBANKS: 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2023
Bullshit gimme beer..😏
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by vickydevoka(m): 3:33pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
I guess it's subsidized in Nigeria, or the quality here is very substandard.
Ask her how much be minimum wage for Canada

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by SerikiFulani(m): 3:34pm On Feb 09, 2023
I have drank coke in the United States,UK and some European countries and I can confirm that what they sell in Nigeria here is fake.

The worst of it all is the plastic coke...It is just water and coloring.

If you at least want to drink coke here in Nigeria,get the canned one 😜

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Greattha: 3:34pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
The price of coke in Nigeria is way cheaper than it is in the USA and most developed parts of the world.
Below are the charts that bear the prices relative to countries.

I guess it's cheaper in 3rd world countries.

Ofcourse the quality is different. When you taste coke, Pepsi, 7up etc in other countries you'll know that something is wrong in Nigeria. Low quality is made for Nija cos SON isn't as rigid as those in the West.

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by slimthugchimee2(m): 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
you're probably right. So why is ours way much cheaper?
labour cost
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by vickydevoka(m): 3:35pm On Feb 09, 2023
FireUpNow:
The quality is so poor in Nigeria.
Production cost
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
post=120764551:

Make una Keep silent with your fake informations.
Anything to degrade Nigeria at all cost,
Anything to put the country in bad light is what trigger people like you..

Water and coloring our foot,
Sorry o, Mr Sodas!
Na dere una dey so.
Awon local foreign people wink
Orisirisi something.

God bless Nigeria.

You make absolute sense here with your assertion.

Oga, shut up!

I don't know how you get off always feeling like you're the most patriotic Nigerian on this forum, yet your taste in leaders is perpetually despicable and sour.

Nigeria is literally a dumping ground for substandard products and this right here, is one of such. You sit in the confines of your small apartment and always tend to feel more knowledgeable than people who have travelled wide.

Your pretense is definitely going to be your undoing!

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by EmekaBlue(m): 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
salbis:
Wonderful achievement from APC lead government.
Hush..how much is coke bfr APshit?! Ordinary coke wey dey even drag price with malt now at 250naira

Thats how a guy buying coke said how much...d retailer said 250naira

D guy replied- I no go drink malt grin
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Kworrecttv1: 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
There is no difference in taste just the cost from naija coke with the foreign
Nbote:
Jus drink coke and Pepsi outside the shores of this country, U'll understand why the prices differ
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Adeoye11(m): 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
Be like say the op never drink outside coke before?
If you have then you go know!
Also why una like to dey compare in dollars to naira.To get those money above no hard fr there buh to get the price of Nig own is harder
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Sonicroyel: 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

There is different coke for different regions ...maybe not substandard but you get it tho
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by obrian888: 3:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
Olasyke:

YOU ARE 100% CORRECT,I HAVE NOTICED IT,YOU CAN SEE THROUGH THE DRINK FROM THE BOTTLE.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by HardMirror(m): 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
good question and there is a good answer. Number one thing to know is, there is nothing like substandard coke. Actual production of coca cola is extremely cheap, the main cost is in marketing. the franchise here does not incur as much cost in branding and promotions, and the salaries of the workers here are also very low compared to what it is costs to run the production companies and the marketing in developed countries.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by ZUBY77(m): 3:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

Low quality
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by fabolouz1(m): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
Believe it or not it's not the same coke.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Bizibi(m): 3:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

the cocacola drink here is different and it is low in quality infact it has always been like that.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by lexyman(m): 3:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
have u checked the basic salary of each country ?

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by micxwell(m): 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
Olasyke:
You're correct. wink I was with NBC for a few years, 2020 inclusive. You got it right.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Nuliberry: 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

The price is placed high in some places esp much developed countries probably to reduce high level of sugar consumption as they battle with obesity and diabetes(I do not have stats though, just a simple reasoning). It's not really about quality as they all taste same for me oo.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Belluski: 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
The stat was made in dollar ... how much is Naira to dollar? Lets say N1 is equal $1 .. how much will you buy it then...
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Eriokanmi: 3:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
The quality is very poor here. Taxes paid in those countries could play a major role in pricing but quality cant be ignored. We used to drink real coke in thise days. Na water plus colouring plus sugar plus gas we dey drink now. I drank coke in Switzerland in the city of Montreux a few years back and I felt the difference, same as Frankfurt in Germany.

May God restore Nigeria's lost glory

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Lovelyn451(f): 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
Even northern and southern coke no be thesame...if u see no sugar for coke in the North, na that one be sugar itself, but in the south it will be tasteless
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by PeterObi4LP: 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
It is cheaper and substandard here in Nigeria. Last week, I bought one small foreign bottle coke for N800 at the mall, I went home bought another bottle of coke for N150, the difference is in the taste and quality.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Aarenasbaba(m): 3:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
The content is different
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by IfnobeGod20: 3:44pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
The price of coke in Nigeria is way cheaper than it is in the USA and most developed parts of the world.
Below are the charts that bear the prices relative to countries.

I guess it's cheaper in 3rd world countries.
OP you can't say it is cheaper in Nigeria or 3rd world countries than developed country, until you first ask yourself what is the minimum wage per hour in each country. Nigerian minimum wage is about $0.6 per hour whereas in US is about $7. Something per hour.
Now, go back and borrow yourself sense and never compare the incomparable.
If you've been diligent, you would have considered citizens earning per hour to clear your ignorance.

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Qurungu: 3:45pm On Feb 09, 2023
After traveling to a few places one thing I can sincerely say is that Nigeria is somehow one of the cheapest places to live on earth. From government education to fuel, to house rent, to food, things are relatively cheaper here. However, the past 7 and half years have been something else.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oh My! See The Cockroach Cake Someone Got For Her Party / Fonio: Could This Be A Cheaper Substitute For Rice? (Pictures) / Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.