Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. (62108 Views)

What's The Difference Between Coca-cola And Pepsi And Which Do You Prefer? / Coke Vs Pepsi: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photo) / Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by grandstar(m): 5:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
GboyegaD:
The cost of living differs from country to country thus, faults your comparison. Maybe a comparison on a PPP basis might work but even at that, it still isn't fair enough.

The prices here are a good barometer for the cost of living in general in various countries.

I think it's better than the Big Mac index favored by the Economist magazine. Only limitation here is that it does not help in identifying how competitive a country is.

For instance, if I wanted to set up a sweatshop, I would look at the countries with the lowest prices and pick one. Labor there too is bound to be very cheap and probably exploitable.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Yankee101: 5:59pm On Feb 09, 2023
What is the cost of labour and materials?
Plus soda is not an essential item
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by deavicky(m): 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
The price of coke in Nigeria is way cheaper than it is in the USA and most developed parts of the world.
Below are the charts that bear the prices relative to countries.

I guess it's cheaper in 3rd world countries.
our coke no be original one nah. Go drink coke abroad u go understand the difference.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Onyenna(m): 6:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
Nbote:
Jus drink coke and Pepsi outside the shores of this country, U'll understand why the prices differ

The coke in Nigeria is highly diluted……
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Michael6292: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2023
Especially the coke with the black cover
bantilosha:
What we drink here is absolute nonsense.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Benwallt(m): 6:06pm On Feb 09, 2023
Nigeria's own is substandard

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by marsup: 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

I doubt there's such thing as substandard coke.
Unless theirs have extra caffeine in it, which will not be good.
the taste is different.
It has extra cola.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by stainzvill(m): 6:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
Different quality bruh
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by ModCaller: 6:08pm On Feb 09, 2023
It's cheaper to make things in 3rd world countries. That's why big companies outsource to 3rd world countries to cut costs.

So making soft drink in 3rd world countries will also be cheaper than making it in 1st world countries. Cost of production determines selling price.

For those talking about abroad coke, every country has its standards. Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, etc have to follow the requirements of the country they're producing for.

But when it comes to pricing, production costs is the major factor influencing price. That's why clothes and shoes are cheaper in 3rd world countries even though they're made of the same material as the ones sold in 1st world countries.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by sonofthunder: 6:16pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
I guess it's subsidized in Nigeria, or the quality here is very substandard.

Some countries impose extra taxes on things detrimental to health to discourage citizens from drinking it and obviously to make more money if they are stubborn.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Abifavor: 6:22pm On Feb 09, 2023
It is higher because they wanted people to reduce intake of sugar to avoid diabetes in their country.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Moneyboyz: 6:27pm On Feb 09, 2023
Be like oil dey your head, so we should buy coke for 1k because they sell in the UK for 1k?

Standard of living are not the same.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Starships4u(m): 6:36pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
Convert # to $ then check the minimum wage
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by wolebest: 6:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
The price of coke in Nigeria is way cheaper than it is in the USA and most developed parts of the world.

Can't be thesame quality!!!
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by GboyegaD(m): 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2023
grandstar:

The prices here are a good barometer for the cost of living in general in various countries.

I think it's better than the Big Mac index favored by the Economist magazine. Only limitation here is that it does not help in identifying how competitive a country is.

For instance, if I wanted to set up a sweatshop, I would look at the countries with the lowest prices and pick one. Labor there too is bound to be very cheap and probably exploitable.

I am not sure the prices are on a PPP which makes the Big Mac a better example particularly, for comparison of living cost/standards.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by ceejay80s(m): 6:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

Go and taste imported coke, the taste is far better than the nutri C they mix for us in water here. The first day I tasted foreign coca cola I stopped drinking Nigeria coke
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by ManOfSon: 6:55pm On Feb 09, 2023
Stop posting these comparisons that make little economic sense, but are only intended to confuse ordinary folks. Economics doesn't work in isolation. You must analyze all the ingredients together. Which means, in order to paint a complete picture, you must also post comparative prices for fuel, average cost of a standard meal at a restaurant, income levels/minimum wage, price of utilities, etc. Most importantly, convert that dollar price to naira and you suddenly realize it's not as cheap as it looks when measured against real earning capacity in Nigeria.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Lovine: 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
Did you ask about salaries in those countries and work opportunity
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by jojothaiv(m): 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2023
My problem, what's the OP definition of third world country, I really want to learn.

I guess some think it's derogatory term used to refer to majority of the black nation neck deep in backwater slum....
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by femagj(m): 7:05pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

Mind you, the quality is not the same
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Faposky95: 7:13pm On Feb 09, 2023
Ever wondered why it's cheaper non the under developed countries...?!
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by mmsen: 7:22pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

Many of those countries where soda is more expensive have a tax attached to drinks that are deemed unhealthy.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by 9jaRealist: 7:25pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
Oowel:
are you sure quality of the drink is the same base on the price difference in all of these countries...
Olasyke:
The quality here is trash, and it got worse since 2020. Seems like they are diluting it nowadays. Looks light and see through. Cost of business wan kill them so in turn, they give us substandard poison products. As far as they're paying their taxes, govt doesn't really care to regulate how they make it.

By the way, between NBC and Pepsi/ Coke coy, who are we to blame?
Nbote:
Jus drink coke and Pepsi outside the shores of this country, U'll understand why the prices differ
bantilosha:
What we drink here is absolute nonsense.
Adjovi:
With the diluted rubbish they sell to us here. Considering the fact that raw materials can be gotten here. Like glass sand etc, we are being ripped off with the nonsense diluted drink. Na the zero even worse pass
LAXconfidential:
The Coca Cola sold abroad comes with nutritional information, it's taste is almost angelic. What we drink here is just carbonated water with sugar and caramel in recycled plastic bottles.
Youngpaperboy:
QUALITY IF VERY DIFFERENT. NOT JUST IN DRINKS, DRUGS AND EVERTHING
femagj:
Mind you, the quality is not the same

I worked at the Coca-Cola worldwide HQ in Atlanta for a couple of years (albeit not in production), but Coca-Cola uses the same patented process worldwide (and basically the same sugar- or corn-based syrup) worldwide. The basics of Coca-Cola is IDENTICAL everywhere on the globe, and you legally CANNOT label a drink as “Coca-Cola” without using the same ingredients!
>
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Caesar25: 7:27pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

I doubt there's such thing as substandard coke.
Unless theirs have extra caffeine in it, which will not be good.

Have you heard of ikorodu in Lagos before?
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by jidxin(m): 7:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
post=120764551:

Make una Keep silent with una fake informations.
Anything to degrade Nigeria at all cost,
Anything to put the country in bad light is what trigger people like you..

Water and coloring our foot,
Sorry o, Mr Sodas!
Na dere una dey so.
Awon local foreign people wink
Orisirisi something.

God bless Nigeria.

You make absolute sense here with your assertion.
Bless up sir.

IfnobeGod has said it all.
na over sabi dey worry you. I dont know much about coke but I know about Fanta. Pls go and take Nigerian Fanta and imported Fanta you will understand that the Fanta taste has really changed. While growing up, the taste is so much different from now. The former taste is still d same taste with the imported ones
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by 9jaRealist: 7:35pm On Feb 09, 2023
Faposky95:
Ever wondered why it's cheaper non the under developed countries...?!
mmsen:
Many of those countries where soda is more expensive have a tax attached to drinks that are deemed unhealthy.

Exactly! Just as cigarettes are cheaper in developing countries…
Carbonated sugary drinks are often taxed in many developed nations to DISCOURAGE consumption.

Btw, Nigeria is trying to do the same with a N10/litre “excise tax” on sugary drinks in the Finance Bill…
But manufacturers (and even some consumers) are trying to resist the introduction of these charges.

These drinks may be nominally “cheap” in label pricing…
But the REAL COST in possible adverse healthcare effects (obesity, diabetes, etc.) is VERY EXPENSIVE!
>

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 09, 2023
9jaRealist:

. The basics of Coca-Cola is IDENTICAL everywhere on the globe, and you legally CANNOT label a drink as “Coca-Cola” without using the same ingredients!

>
Okay. Then why is it that the coca-cola made from NBC in Nigeria since 2020 has dropped in taste and quality? While the ones imported still retains the old fashioned quality? You can get imported ones at supermarkets like grandex so you'll compare
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Entimz: 7:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
The higher the price the better the quality and vice versa
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by alibiz: 7:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
The taste here is different to compare with other countries.
Even there in Nigeria the taste of coke in the south and the north is not the same, if you doubt make a research on it.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by IyamiOse: 7:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
Its a restaurant price compared.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Sleekfingers: 7:45pm On Feb 09, 2023
Naija coke na just sugar and some yeey concocted shits....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oh My! See The Cockroach Cake Someone Got For Her Party / Fonio: Could This Be A Cheaper Substitute For Rice? (Pictures) / Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.