Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. (62111 Views)

What's The Difference Between Coca-cola And Pepsi And Which Do You Prefer? / Coke Vs Pepsi: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photo) / Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by zinaunreal(m): 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
It's because of our population nothing more
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Atk1nson(m): 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
you're probably right. So why is ours way much cheaper?

Cost of production goes beyond rawmaterials, things like taxes, wages, cost of investment, target margin, loans, price of competitors, income level and other things contributes to the cost of a product and the sales price.

The list there looks more like it was set based on affordability in those markets. The countries with some of the highest per capita income also come top on the list

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by tunnamaniah(m): 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
I guess it's subsidized in Nigeria, or the quality here is very substandard.
the cost of production is lower here. Labour is lower, logistics is lower, etc.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by tunapawizzy: 3:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
while you are at it whining yourself...put beside it the minimum wage in those countries ...let's make it as simple as possible so u understand

in US Minimum wage at 10$/hr ($1600/month) PepsiPrice($2.29) this means in USA minimum wage will buy 698.68 bottles of coke/pepsi

in Nigeria Minimum wage(30knaira = $65/month) and that's even using official rate of 460naira which isnt the reality price of pepsi($0.36) this means in Nigeria minimum wage will buy 181.15 bottles of coke/pepsi

if u wan use NGN to $ at the real value u will get it, 750naira as at today(u are getting about 111bottles of pepsi)

Purchasing power is everything of what use is it if they sell it at 1 naira but people cannot afford it...

if you still dont understand....research the salary of a Full Director in Nigeria, divide it by 460(again that's being generous) and see how much in dollars someone that has worked actively and tirelessly for around 20years(more in a lot of cases) is earning...

so if cost of pepsi is the deciding factor(which doesnt really make sense anyways ) a full director in Nigeria may not have as much purchasing power as a minimum wage earner in US

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Mitsurugi(m): 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
post=120764551:

Make una Keep silent with your fake informations.
Anything to degrade Nigeria at all cost,
Anything to put the country in bad light is what trigger people like you..

Water and coloring our foot,
Sorry o, Mr Sodas!
Na dere una dey so.
Awon local foreign people wink
Orisirisi something.

God bless Nigeria.

You make absolute sense here with your assertion.

You are a bush man. Oga go and drink foreign products and you'll tell the difference. Why bring Nigeria down when she's down already. I drank foreign Heineken once, I cried. To make matters worse our evaporated milk here is.... let me just keep quiet just as you should KEEP KWAYET!

8 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Eriokanmi: 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

OP you can't say it is cheaper in Nigeria or 3rd world countries than developed country, until you first ask yourself what is the minimum wage per hour in each country. Nigerian minimum wage is about $0.6 per hour whereas in US is about $7. Something per hour.
Now, go back and borrow yourself sense and never compare the incomparable.
If you've been diligent, you would have considered citizens earning per hour to clear your ignorance.
It's even higher than $7 in some states in the US. The fact remains that, we're not consuming same quality of coke. Fanta is even worse . You'd not want to drink Fanta again once you taste it as someone who comes to Nigeria to visit. It used to be very good but the economic situation has made most companies reduce the quality of their products to remain in business in Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Sanchez01: 3:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
Purchasing power at play. That's the difference here. Where Netflix's HD sub in Nigeria is 4k/monthly, it is $19.99/monthly here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by adioolayi(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
It's about taxation....heavy tax on every bottle of coke consume in those countries...that's why the price is higher

In Nigeria, this tax is about 7.5% ..which is almost nothing
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by dettolgel: 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

For example in Belgium/Netherland the minimum wage for restaurant server is around 11 - 13 euros per hours, if you factor that in and the wages for other restaurant staff the price is meant to be high.

Convert the hourly wage of restaurant worker to dollars and see that it is still way below that of Belgium and Netherlands.

In essence, the cost of doing business (taxes and wages and rentals etc) are higher in Belgium and Netherlands than in Nigeria.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
Perhaps you dont compare currency purchasing power of naira and other currencies.....what can $0.36 of naira coke orice version and dat of USA $2.29?
Dats N1500.....you think dis amount cant purchase anything in the market today? Beside, the coke they consume there and ours are much different in taste, are u aware if that?
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by xevove2061: 3:49pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
The price of coke in Nigeria is way cheaper than it is in the USA and most developed parts of the world.
Below are the charts that bear the prices relative to countries.

I guess it's cheaper in 3rd world countries.

Lol. They do not make poison in switzerland

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Olu1000: 3:49pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

Naira has been devalued several times & the high rate of dollars makes it worse.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Owaincouncil: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2023
Is tge quality the same. That should be your question
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Bizibi(m): 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2023
MichaelSokoto:

dis is not d real coke u guys have.
Since after d 90s, na poison una dey drink since.

The real coke left late 90s

cool
yes,the quality started dropping....I remember when I bought cola I have forgotten the name,the taste is richer.....the present Coke drink gave me ulcer,not a serious one.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Konjiboii: 3:51pm On Feb 09, 2023
Lol una think say na same quality of coke una dey drink? Foreign coke have a consistent taste while our own na cocortion. Dey play

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by COMPAQ(m): 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2023

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by WantsandMore: 3:52pm On Feb 09, 2023
post=120764551:

Make una Keep silent with una fake informations.

Sorry o, Mr Sodas!
Na dere una dey so.
Orisirisi something.

God bless Nigeria.

Bless up sir.

IfnobeGod has said it all.
Nigerians will take hunches over facts any day any time.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by FEGNO: 3:53pm On Feb 09, 2023
You are missing the point bro. What is $2.26 to a person in the US is the main issue as opposed to what $0.36 is to the average Nigerian

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by CodeTemplar: 3:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
buying power has a role but I still doubt the volume across countries is the the same.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by tk003(m): 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

Very substandard quality.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by anexxus(m): 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2023
This is shocking and embarrassing.... Minimum wage is higher in South Africa and price of coke is cheaper.

Angel Gabriel why did you make me to be born in Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by COMPAQ(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
That's an average of $0.56 cents for a can.
How is the chart showing over $2!

Nigerians don't reason and verify info before they start arguing senselessly.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Judolisco(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
D story dat someone tried importing our coke to sell abroad because its cheaper is actually true... The country regulatory body refused because d standard differs, the man ended up taking Coca-Cola to court I think I can't really remember

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by einsteine(m): 3:58pm On Feb 09, 2023
Raw material and taxes differ.

By the way, the taste of coke is not the same everywhere. I tasted South African coke from SAB Miller and it tasted much better than what they sell here in Nigeria.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by okeke6969: 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2023
Have you considered the minimum wage between the 2 countries?
This Op dey yan Otobo.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Milec: 3:59pm On Feb 09, 2023
There is different coke recipe for different regions.The amounts of sugar intake for Africans differ from European and Americans.you cannot export Nigeria coke to Europe without their country acceptance likewise theirs here.
Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria. Despite the high tax the Nigeria government place on this companies here, they still decided to make the price cheaper without altering the quality but you people here still saying the price too cheap and if they decide to increase the price, you will be shouting APC government is bad.
Note: there is different type of Cokes here too.
Normal coke
Low sugar coke
Zero sugar coke.

There is different coke for different regions ...maybe not substandard but you get it tho [/quote]
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by martineverest(m): 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
Kharol1234:
Na tasty time we they drink for naija here no be coke..
whether in USA or Sudan .....coke is bad.and it even worse in developed countries cos their contains a lot more sugar
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Wildkat02: 4:00pm On Feb 09, 2023
post=120764551:

Make una Keep silent with una fake informations.

Sorry o, Mr Sodas!
Na dere una dey so.
Orisirisi something.

God bless Nigeria.

Bless up sir.

IfnobeGod has said it all.

Oga keep shut if u don’t know what to say. U are ready to say anything just to show your fake patriotism for this country. Darling daddy crooner!

What those guys said is true! Foreign Coke tastes better. I guess u wouldn’t know because u have never tasted it before because all u know is grill vultures

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by martineverest(m): 4:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
einsteine:
Raw material and taxes differ.

By the way, the taste of coke is not the same everywhere. I tasted South African coke from SAB Miller and it tasted much better than what they sell here in Nigeria.
whether it tastes better in South African or USA,coke in USA is as bad as those in Sudan,Burkina Faso.....intact,coke in Nigeria is even better than those on western world,cos Nigerian own contains less sugar
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:02pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

Dear pessimist, you’d be happier if it were more expensive right?

So you’ll have something to whine about.

I guess the electricity generated in Nigeria is fake that’s why it’s cheaper likewise cigarettes and beer. 🤷🏽
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Lvgirl: 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2023
What we are drinking in Nigeria is colorine and sugar ...
It's suppose me 0.50 cent sef
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by martineverest(m): 4:03pm On Feb 09, 2023
Konjiboii:
Lol una think say na same quality of coke una dey drink? Foreign coke have a consistent taste while our own na cocortion. Dey play
the concortion is far healthier tho

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oh My! See The Cockroach Cake Someone Got For Her Party / Fonio: Could This Be A Cheaper Substitute For Rice? (Pictures) / Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.