Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. (62066 Views)

What's The Difference Between Coca-cola And Pepsi And Which Do You Prefer? / Coke Vs Pepsi: Which One Do You Prefer? (Photo) / Is "Zero Sugar" Coke Without Sugar? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by adecz: 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
For Naija, dem dey mix the
concentrate with tap & Sugarcane water,
but for yonder, dem dey mix am with
demineralized swan water and refined sweeteners. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

The chart incidentally also shows the
level of poverty. The lower a country is
on the chart, the poorer it's people.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by MICHEALADEX(m): 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

I doubt there's such thing as substandard coke.
Unless theirs have extra caffeine in it, which will not be good.

You think they have sense... everything to an illiterate is cheating and vanity
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by NwaliE01: 4:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
Oowel:
are you sure quality of the drink is the same base on the price difference in all of these countries...

The qualities are not same. Coke in Aussie is very different from the one i am used to back home. Even though, Coke in Nigeria is sweeter meaning it contains more sweetner (sugar).
A can of 33cl coke in Australia is #2,060.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by joba4luv: 4:41pm On Feb 09, 2023
Mugu can you compare the quality of those produce In foreign country with that of Nigeria? Carbonated sugar only
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Reinamaria(f): 4:42pm On Feb 09, 2023
Vatod:
Letโ€™s start exporting coke and Pepsi

You mean to import Coke and Pepsi? As in, to bring them in from outside Nigeria?

fashrola:
Dey play.... The Quality of this Fanta we were supplied when we went to bring back a vessel from Spain to Nigeria is entirely different

Fanta could be more understandably different(compared to ours), since the orange flavour could be deeper.

joba4luv:
Can you compare the quality of those produce In foreign country with that of Nigeria? Carbonated sugar only

Not everything produced in Nigeria is of poor quality.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by crowther15(m): 4:43pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
I guess it's subsidized in Nigeria, or the quality here is very substandard.
I was looking for something like this. There is no subsidy, it is the quality. Remember cost of doing business is quite high in Nigeria, in short one of the highest in the world. You provide your own infrastructure like road, water, electricity. Coupled with economic instability from government policy, double taxation, etc...... They're only mixing sugar for us here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by occfx: 4:46pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

It's not standard...
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Osidazz19: 4:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
Nbote:
Jus drink coke and Pepsi outside the shores of this country, U'll understand why the prices differ

Well, not necessarily because it's sub standard. Coca-Cola is proud to have different tastes in different parts of the world. if you visit the world of Coca-COla in Atlanta, you can even taste the different versions from different parts of the world. They try to make their products to fit a bit of the local taste and tradition. Some are sweeter than others.
I also used to work for Coca-Cola so I know that marketing strategy. They probably charge less in Nigeria and some other 3rd world countries mostly because labor is cheaper in these countries and because they are trying to capture the local market.
Even in the US, Coca-Cola products are cheaper during summer time than Winter even though they have more sales during Summer. You will think that they will be more expensive during summer because of demand but nope. They are fighting for market share with Pepsi and others hence they sell for less during Summer. Sometimes they sell at a loss just to capture market share.

1 Like

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by MJib: 4:48pm On Feb 09, 2023
This is still better than coke

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by updatechange(m): 4:49pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

Bros there is ooo! My cousin once brought a coke from Londonโ€ฆ omo the taste is very different na only the smell be the same. Our own just blike comparing cowbell with peak holland.
Who says subsidized, make subsidy kee u there cheesy
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Kennically(m): 4:54pm On Feb 09, 2023
The higher difference in price of this commodity in Nigeria, compared to other countries of the world is directly proportional to value of dollar in our local currencies.

Coke/Pepsi is not in anyway cheap in Nigeria. The statistics adopted in this module is similar to the system our leaders use when they want to hike any thing in this country.

These drinks are supplied in the local currency, the question we need to ask ourselves is, how many currency of the whole world is as weak as Nigeria Naira. If dollar was #140 as it was before now and the drink in question is sold for #70 or #100 would anyone equate the price now with value? NO.

The price in dollar is way down in Nigeria because of the exchange rate. Cole/Pepsi is expensive at this point in time just like every other things in Nigeria.

Before you can say this is cheap, you need to look at the purchasing power of an average Nigeria compared to every other countries in this chart.

Minimum wages in Nigeria is #30k and only few states honour it. None of the Nation mentioned is receiving $40.5 as a minimum wage for working for a whole month. An average of $1.3 per day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Kc3000: 4:56pm On Feb 09, 2023
I always preferred the coke in Nigeria to the one in the US. I discovered the one in Nigeria is sweetened with cane sugar, while the one in the US uses high fructose corn syrup, which is a more processed garbage. Trust me, the one in Nigeria is better, but it's best to avoid most of these drinks altogether, if you can.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

It is a normal thing for developing countries.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Thinkfree(m): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2023
SMOGnow:
The quality here may have been tampered. It can't be this cheap for nothing.
in Russia, japan and qatar it's cheaper than Nigeria
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by nnemak(m): 5:03pm On Feb 09, 2023
Pls can I see another chat that shows the wages of the operators and foreman that work in each of cocacola production plant across the list countries. ?

When I see that list then we can deliberate
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Coldie(m): 5:06pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:
A country where minimum wage is $30k that price is high though
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by SmartODINO: 5:07pm On Feb 09, 2023
Don't do these type of comparison. Do we have same minimum wage like those countries. And have you also compared the quality of the drinks too?
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by na2016: 5:10pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

There is either more caffeine or more sugar
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by farem: 5:13pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

It then means you have a lot to learn.
Years ago, someone exported our bottles of coke and Fanta abroad. After the massive expenses of cost, conveyance, clearing etc, the authority labeled the whole products as unfit for human consumption. The business lost thousands of strong naira (this happened in late 80's).
It took several years of litigation before the man won the case.. If that could happen that far away years, imagine what we consume in today's anything goes country?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by KingUg(m): 5:14pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

yes there is I drank a coke in one eatery owned by a white man while I was in kano the taste & feel is so different
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Passwords247: 5:15pm On Feb 09, 2023
You've shown us the price difference thanks for that now why not show us the difference in quality as well
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Xammie001(m): 5:24pm On Feb 09, 2023
you are the best
Thanks for sharing this fact and comparing the price with other countries they compare our growth and lifestyle with...

englishmart:
The price of coke in Nigeria is way cheaper than it is in the USA and most developed parts of the world.
Below are the charts that bear the prices relative to countries.

I guess it's cheaper in 3rd world countries.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by vicfajeze: 5:27pm On Feb 09, 2023
Berrityga:
What we drink here in Nigeria is not coke bro!! Go to a top supermarket and buy the imported coke you will know we are drinking water and coloring.
Na Buhari urine una dey drink wey una think say na Coke !!!!!!
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 09, 2023
I can tell you for free

You not taking coke in Nigeria...what they have there is thought of coke
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by Vatod(m): 5:30pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

You mean to import Coke and Pepsi? As in, to bring them in from outside Nigeria?

Fanta could be more understandably different(compared to ours), since the orange flavour could be deeper.
Since is much more cheaper here, letโ€™s buy from here and take it to Switzerland to make a lot of profit

Not everything produced in Nigeria is of poor quality.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by chipet67(m): 5:35pm On Feb 09, 2023
The quality is not the same o.
Just dey play
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by macho44(m): 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2023
Reinamaria:

The Quality of what's obtainable here is in stark contrast of what's available in The United States.

2 Likes

Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by OvertheTop(m): 5:40pm On Feb 09, 2023
Oowel:
are you sure quality of the drink is the same base on the price difference in all of these countries...
I doubt the Quality is the Same!
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by grandstar(m): 5:45pm On Feb 09, 2023
englishmart:

It's neither of the two.

The price of coke is a good barometer in determining the cost of living in these countries

The cheaper the price, the cheaper the cost of living and vice versa.

At a more advanced stage, it may also identify the role taxation place in prices. The higher the VAT or sales tax, the higher the price. This may be useful when comparing countries with similar per capita income.
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by milcah5050: 5:47pm On Feb 09, 2023
The Coca Cola sold abroad comes with nutritional information, it's taste is almost angelic. What we drink here is just carbonated water with sugar and caramel in recycled plastic bottles.The Coca Cola sold abroad comes with nutritional information, it's taste is almost angelic. What we drink here is just carbonated water with sugar and caramel in recycled plastic bottles....
Re: The Price Of 33cl Coke/Pepsi In Nigeria Vs Other Countries. by handsomeyitayo(m): 5:49pm On Feb 09, 2023
Olasyke:
The quality here is trash, and it got worse since 2020. Seems like they are diluting it nowadays. Looks light and see through. Cost of business wan kill them so in turn, they give us substandard poison products. As far as they're paying their taxes, govt doesn't really care to regulate how they make it.
true talk my brother, not only that Pepsi and coca cola

The original coke always gas and if it chilled and it hot you in throat .and it is dark in colour...

But nowadays is light and as if they dilute it with flavor cola

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Oh My! See The Cockroach Cake Someone Got For Her Party / Fonio: Could This Be A Cheaper Substitute For Rice? (Pictures) / Local Rice Hits Lagos Market For N14,000 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.