Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,717 members, 7,824,035 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? (32930 Views)

New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today / Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by silverkings: 9:50pm On Feb 10, 2023
concho:
I am a trader in main market Onitsha. I have a shop in Popular Relief market and also Visited “New parts “ market in Onitsha today .

Despite the today’s (10th February ) deadline from the CBN, everyone in these markets are still trading as if nothing is happening. Starting from the motorists to the hawkers in Onitsha, no one rejects the old notes.

Though I'm scared, but I didn't give any directives to my subjects. They collects anyone they see.

As I type this, they have made up to #300,000 cash from today's sales while I wallow in confusion.

What is the situation in your area please, are the old notes rejected or being accepted??

N:B, don't mind my English, I'm just a trader

You deserve slap for that last statement... I don't know why you guys belittle yourself because of another man's language.... U no dey shame ọga?

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Ndubuisipaul1: 9:55pm On Feb 10, 2023
BossGerald:
Strong head people full onitsha, nkpor and Obosi...I see people still collecting it here, but I don't accept anything short of new naira note.

I always go the ATM queue and withdraw new notes.

Vote OBI2023
Abeg which atm you dey collect money from ?
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by baralatie(m): 10:00pm On Feb 10, 2023
IntroTech:

True entrepreneurs know that perfect conditions or perfect situations do not EXIST.

All they do is just to seize whatever opportunity presents itself and then make the best out of it.

Focus.

Ok
Son imagine an entrepreneur using the lives of 200 million people for money making experiment!
Naa!
Let me use the ever reliable old notes when the entrepreneur is thru with whoever wants to be a financial lab rat.
I am glad to use the approved,working equipment
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Micval: 10:01pm On Feb 10, 2023
Salvador1:
you are a terrible liar.

Almost all filling stations are rejecting the old note here in Lagos.

Children of darkness ando enemy of this country must be rejected.

You are correct, I went to buy fuel your today, the filling station was not accepting old naira note
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by thedarkened: 10:13pm On Feb 10, 2023
I withdrew 10k this night from a shop in my street, unknown to me, they have started rejecting the money in my street.

Meanwhile, i noticed the POS guy collected 700 as charges instead of the usual 1k for 5k.

After withdrawal, i couldn't spend as they kept rejecting. Fortunately for me , there is a woman who is collecting without questions, i spent almost all the money there despite not really needing all i bought.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Saladdin: 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
Both the old and new notes are currently scarce. POS operators charge the same exorbitant amount for either notes.

Here in the North, lots of people are damning the deadline as it is quite clear that it cannot stand. You'd be very unwise to reject the old notes when the alternative is unavailable.

Not to be pessimistic, but unless the new and old notes coexist together, this problem will extend well beyond the elections. As we speak the available new Naira notes are being mopped-up by politicians and their agents in preparation for the elections. Who are those on the losing side? The masses! So if we like, let's keep rejecting the old notes and shouting cashless policy. E go reach everybody.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by ekukeku(m): 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2023
Houseontherock1:
In Ibadan, we are still transacting business with old and new naira notes, nobody cares about any deadline

BTW, even if you lose the 300k, don't worry. it's for the good of the country cheesy

I have been using style to rejext it untill one stupid #200 hide itself in my pocket, tmr morning, maruwa without change.. Ibadan people no mind anybody o

M telling Dem I won't collect it but their response will be, " eyin alakowe yii gan"

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by chypotenti(m): 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pierocash:
What's this one saying,who is ffk?.

We are talking of statement from Malami who is the AGF confirmed by Buhari himself,you are talking of ffk
Bros go and sleep, when you wake up tomorrow, your head go clear...
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by DaniDani(m): 10:30pm On Feb 10, 2023
davodyguy:

See this Bushman

Who told you they're changing ₦100 and ₦50?

There's nothing like old notes for ₦100, ₦50, ₦20, ₦10 and ₦5

Township man, read my first comment again, this time around slowly and meditatingly, if you can't comprehend it yet, meet your neighbors to help you interpret it. Thanks!
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by IranianSea: 10:33pm On Feb 10, 2023
Bahamas95:
Oga you too like "then". Kilode? grin grin grin

Yoruba ni ede mi ni grin
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Sukkyy2010: 10:40pm On Feb 10, 2023
Salvador1:
you are a terrible liar.

Children of darkness and enemy of this country must be rejected.
always resist the urge to insult people, the Op simply share his view base on his experience, so calling him a liar is foul language. Your differ view is rooted from your environment which is not as the same with Op. At my own side in Lagos here in ipaja, I was in the market, for he way all the stores and merchant accept the old note gat me wondering what stimulate their courage over the acceptance of the old naira as legal tender. Even POS agents in the market are all giving the old note.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by wallarwallar(m): 10:51pm On Feb 10, 2023
Salvador1:
you are a terrible liar.

Children of darkness and enemy of this country must be rejected.

Useless guy wey no get car dey talk abt filling station
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by faceland: 10:52pm On Feb 10, 2023
Petrol Station rejected my old naira note.

I am in the state capital of Bauchi.

I have gotten rid of all my old naira notes (except for 2k which I'm preserving as collectable).

I no longer accept it, you must make transfer or give me the new one. Even before I buy something, I tell them, I am paying in new notes and my change must be in the redesigned note, if they agree, we proceed.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 10, 2023
Dhury:
I didn't wanted to like your post for saying ;N:B, don't mind my English, I'm just a trader . for looking down on your self by saying you are just a trader I here by advice you to abandon your business that gives you 300k+return per day and focus on English grammar your favorite foreign language!!

Be careful, we have enough problems in this country. Don't give us heart attack with this your "Engrish"!
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Pierocash(m): 10:58pm On Feb 10, 2023
chypotenti:
[s]Bros go and sleep, when you wake up tomorrow, your head go clear..[/s].
Rubbish
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by chubinwa(m): 10:58pm On Feb 10, 2023
Reporting from umuahia in abia state, the old notes is still actively in circulation.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Frankiss44(m): 11:00pm On Feb 10, 2023
Chekwume16:
In ph no one cares about the deadline. Only a fool will reject old naira notes when you know fully well that there are no new notes.

I enter kilimanjaro to eat lunch, omo dem nor gree collect the old notes oh

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Frankiss44(m): 11:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
baralatie:

Will you be given the same volume of new notes you deposit on that same day?

You will give cbn to help you thrash it
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Frankiss44(m): 11:02pm On Feb 10, 2023
blowjohn:

Banks now open in Saturdays and Sundays don't forget

Not after the deadline which is end of banking hours today

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Frankiss44(m): 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2023
zoghys:

I think you are clueless than those you call illiterate. The supreme Court gave a judgment extending the usage of the old note till 15th of this month, and it's obvious that the nation will be in turmoil if this is not done in lieu of the scarcity and shortage of the currency at the period in time.

Does the Supreme Court has jurisdiction over the CBN? If yes, why has the CBN issued a statement concerning the ruling?
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Frankiss44(m): 11:05pm On Feb 10, 2023
DeZoro:
If you have old notes after the deadline, you can take them to any CBN branch nationwide and it ll be deposited into your account.

See work na
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Sunnyski: 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
Here in Portharcourt we are still transacting with the old notes. Who gives a fu*k when the new notes have been hoarded by Balablu and Atifku
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Frankiss44(m): 11:11pm On Feb 10, 2023
soojar:

Am I the only one that read the CBN memo on the extension or what? because from the comments I'm seeing so far it's like people are not aware.

Let us leave the supreme court ruling aside, the CBN says the old note will cease to be a legal tender (you can't use it to buy goods and services again) after 10th February, BUT YOU CAN STILL DEPOSIT IT INTO YOUR ACCOUNT TILL 17TH FEBRUARY.

Nah.. The memo didn't say commercial banks.. After the 10th,it is only the CBN that will take the old notes... Meaning you have to locate the CBN in your state to deposit your old notes

What this means is that even if Buhari doesn't respect the supreme court ruling you can still safely take your old naira notes to the bank for deposit only (not exchange) till 17th.

We learn everyday
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Frankiss44(m): 11:13pm On Feb 10, 2023
heykims:

Paradoxically in your area, it is the 'literates' that are accepting and the educated illiterates rejecting the old notes.
Anyone rejecting the old notes is an ignoramus.

All grade A companies in PH are rejecting it. They must have their reasons.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Buzzer99: 11:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
Whats the rumor going around that can plans to close down major banks in order to use money to clear nigerias debt?
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by HellVictorinho7: 11:23pm On Feb 10, 2023
Frankiss44:

All grade A companies in PH are rejecting it. They must have their reasons.
shows nigeria is a misfortune
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by MajorOvakporaye(f): 12:30am On Feb 11, 2023
CilicMarin:
In Lagos! Nobody is even aware there is any dateline. Both the old and new ones are being spent.

May God Punish Peter Obi, Atiku and Emefiele.

Shameless miscreant. God has already punished Thiefnubuu. That's why he wees on his body and poos on himself. As for you, nothing remain for your life again.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by BossGerald: 12:34am On Feb 11, 2023
Ndubuisipaul1:
Abeg which atm you dey collect money from ?

If you know bank Road, it would be easier for you...even access Bank via ochanja too, polaris bank too
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Frankiss44(m): 12:42am On Feb 11, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
shows nigeria is a misfortune

I swear... All this could have been avoided if the CBN has just issued a statement that they will obey the court ruling

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Get Rich Quick Syndrome In Nigeria / Why Nigerians Should Embrace Snake Rearing - Abubakar Ballah / Sugarcane Seller Using POS For His Business - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.