Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? (32913 Views)

New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today / Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by McGeorge1(m): 12:51am On Feb 11, 2023
Critical. All POS stations shitted down.
Condition red.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Pierced(f): 12:52am On Feb 11, 2023
soojar:

Am I the only one that read the CBN memo on the extension or what? because from the comments I'm seeing so far it's like people are not aware.

Let us leave the supreme court ruling aside, the CBN says the old note will cease to be a legal tender (you can't use it to buy goods and services again) after 10th February, BUT YOU CAN STILL DEPOSIT IT INTO YOUR ACCOUNT TILL 17TH FEBRUARY.

What this means is that even if Buhari doesn't respect the supreme court ruling you can still safely take your old naira notes to the bank for deposit only (not exchange) till 17th.

We learn everyday

Yes.......u can still deposit it.....but it is at CBN itself......not commercial bank.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Bluntemperor: 4:31am On Feb 11, 2023
Pierced:
The question is will bank accept it on Monday?
Here at mile 12 market...... people are still collecting old notes.
Although.....I am no longer it.....but my neighbours are still collecting it.

From the Mile12 axis to Ikorodu garage- both Old and New Notes are not even available! Is that not scary?
How can a confused CBN asked you to brink your Money to the bank and the banks have no New Notes to exchange and the Old ones is not returned back to you for your - transportation, buying small domestic items like Beans,Garri,Rice,Fish, onions,etc and now every one is stranded and things are really grounded in Lagos Metropolis!
Mr Emefiele is not a Banker but a con artist, cloud in political deceptions!
We hope the LP and Atiku- PDP- who were supporting this nonsense ploy to derail Nigeria, can bring money from Dubai to Nigerians!
Very Shameful indeed

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by KeyEndurance: 6:27am On Feb 11, 2023
DaniDani:
Here in ABA, many people are rejecting the old notes especially the higher denominations of 1000,500, and 200. They are accepting onl 100 and 50naira old notes, higher denominations must be new notes.
Are You Sure You Are In Nigeria? Because What You Are Saying Really Shock Me
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by EAKeffective: 7:49am On Feb 11, 2023
Here in Makurdi businesses going on with both new and old notes. At best customers ask "you no get new naira notes? I no get, oya bring the one you get"
CBN and other authorities should know that Nigerians are gradually getting pushed to the wall, any further push may ignite a flame that may be difficult to quench!
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Dybala11(m): 8:08am On Feb 11, 2023
yarimo:
You are the illiterate here, it's legal until the court rules on the matter.
Only CBN is saddled with the role of determining the legal tender in this country not the supreme court. 😀😀
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by OyinO: 9:11am On Feb 11, 2023
jchioma:
Truly, there's confusion everywhere. In my area. Shops have started rejecting the old notes since yesterday. Some shops didn't even open today. Market women are still left with old notes, because their business is cash based. Most people don't know whether to deposit the few old notes left in their possession or deposit theirs and then have to queue or pay exorbitant charges to POS agents to withdraw same. Even the elites are not left out as the cash crunch is being felt by all and sundry in one way or the other.

May it not be well with all those urchins and Batstards that forced the government to take this pathway and maintain sanity n order to keep them from gaining entry into the national coffers of a dying country.

The best case scenario would be for the govt. to target these "illiterate" people and make special programmed training available for their them. Some have bank account but issues of transfer either with bank app or ussd process is alien to them coupled with network wahala of getting alerts in record time, which is still a challenge needs to be resolved. Things will never be the same.

What of Communities where there are no network services available for such transfers because there are no telecommunication masts? And are you also aware that most remote rural dwellers don't have bank accounts?
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by baralatie(m): 9:30am On Feb 11, 2023
OyinO:

What of Communities where there are no network services available for such transfers because there are no telecommunication masts? And are you also aware that most remote rural dwellers don't have bank accounts?
Does he know wether some villages have bank sef

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by gosmoney(m): 10:18am On Feb 11, 2023
Salvador1:
you are a terrible liar.

Almost all filling stations are rejecting the old note here in Lagos.

Children of darkness and enemy of this country must be rejected.
u wey dey ur house how u wun knw wytn dey happen for street both new note and old note are still been spent for lagos transporters still dey collect old note

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by yarimo(m): 12:35pm On Feb 11, 2023
Dybala11:

Only CBN is saddled with the role of determining the legal tender in this country not the supreme court. 😀😀
did the court determine it ? Illiterate kids everywhere

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by nabiz(m): 12:55pm On Feb 11, 2023
angelfallz:
were you able to transfer instead?
no. We where able to get the new naira note
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by angelfallz(m): 1:34pm On Feb 11, 2023
Thank God.
nabiz:
no. We where able to get the new naira note
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by femijay8271(m): 9:43pm On Feb 12, 2023
Pierced:
The question is will bank accept it on Monday?

Here at mile 12 market...... people are still collecting old notes.

Although.....I am no longer it.....but my neighbours are still collecting it.

Did u have a shop in Mile 12?
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Pierced(f): 2:18am On Feb 13, 2023
femijay8271:

Did u have a shop in Mile 12?

Yes.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by femijay8271(m): 8:27am On Feb 13, 2023
Pierced:

Yes.

What did u sale pls?

U look like a lady I do buy Egusi from
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Pierced(f): 8:49am On Feb 13, 2023
femijay8271:

What did u sale pls?

U look like a lady I do buy Egusi from

Maybe. I sell egwusi.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by femijay8271(m): 8:58am On Feb 13, 2023
Pierced:

Maybe. I sell egwusi.

Where exactly is ur location inside mile 12, maybe u are the person or not
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Pierced(f): 9:54am On Feb 13, 2023
femijay8271:

Where exactly is ur location inside mile 12, maybe u are the person or not

I can't answer that one here oooo.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by femijay8271(m): 10:06am On Feb 13, 2023
Pierced:

I can't answer that one here oooo.

Ok, can i give u my contact?
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Pierced(f): 10:39am On Feb 13, 2023
femijay8271:

Ok, can i give u my contact?

Ok.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by femijay8271(m): 11:21am On Feb 13, 2023
Pierced:

Ok.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Pierced(f): 11:44am On Feb 13, 2023
femijay8271:

Seen.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by femijay8271(m): 11:53am On Feb 13, 2023
Pierced:

Seen.

Alright

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric / Dairo Damilola Opeyemi Redefining Auto-parts Business In Nigeria / The Get Rich Quick Syndrome In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.