Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,578 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? (32888 Views)

New Naira: Confusion Deepens As CBN Deadline Ends Today / Naira Redesign: CBN Denies Plan To Print ₦‎5,000 Note / Naira Redesign: Bags Of Damaged Naira Notes Discovered (Video, Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by baralatie(m): 8:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
TheAlchemist:
Collecting the old Naira notes after February 10 deadline is not a death sentence, you can deposit all old currencies to any CBN branch within your State.
Will you be given the same volume of new notes you deposit on that same day?
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Mitsurugi(m): 8:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
Hisxlency01:
what of Tinubu and Buhari

Leave the hungry urchin

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by blowjohn(m): 8:16pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pierced:
The question is will bank accept it on Monday?

Here at mile 12 market...... people are still collecting old notes.

Although.....I am no longer it.....but my neighbours are still collecting it.

Banks now open in Saturdays and Sundays don't forget
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by TheAlchemist: 8:18pm On Feb 10, 2023
baralatie:

No, but your account will be credited.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by zoghys: 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
satelliteDISH:
In my area here in Benin City illiterate people are still collecting it. Their is a rumour going round that they extended it to 15th.

I think you are clueless than those you call illiterate. The supreme Court gave a judgment extending the usage of the old note till 15th of this month, and it's obvious that the nation will be in turmoil if this is not done in lieu of the scarcity and shortage of the currency at the period in time.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by angelfallz(m): 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
If banks will be open tomorrow go and deposit your old notes sir. If not, first thing on Monday morning, go and do it. Direct your employees to only collect new notes and accept transfers(transfers that are confirmed o!).

I know what I am saying. Tomorrow, the Supreme court miay reverse its decision and you lose money or CBN can decide not to obey. In fact, anything can happen. So, protect yourself, Politicians are fighting each other don't be caught in the crossfire!

concho:
I am a trader in main market Onitsha. I have a shop in Popular Relief market and also Visited “New parts “ market in Onitsha today .

Despite the today’s (10th February ) deadline from the CBN, everyone in these markets are still trading as if nothing is happening. Starting from the motorists to the hawkers in Onitsha, no one rejects the old notes.

Though I'm scared, but I didn't give any directives to my subjects. They collects anyone they see.

As I type this, they have made up to #300,000 cash from today's sales while I wallow in confusion.

What is the situation in your area please, are the old notes rejected or being accepted??

N:B, don't mind my English, I'm just a trader

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by mbahdi(m): 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
rajiedreez:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

May your prayers for others answer on you too Amen and may my prayers for others answer on me too amen

grin grin grin my prayer for you is God bless you but if that's not what you wish others, MAY YOUR PRAYERS FOR OTHERS ANSWER ON YOU AMEN. grin grin grin
enemies of Nigeria don't wish well for Nigerians so how will there have good prayers for Nigeria?if u still support dis evil government u are worst than an infidel.and none of ur prayers mean well for d masses cos u can't support evil and expect good to come out so part well.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by yomi007k(m): 8:19pm On Feb 10, 2023
mbahdi:
In oyo here, confusion dey confuse himself.even people wey no get new note to give u change dey form say Dem no collect old note.i nvr use my hand touch d new note for over two weeks now.I no fit kill myself even d old note I no see today.all market bought from me was all paid tru transfer.hunger nearly killed me.it was around 2pm one person carry old note buy market from me.i rush grab am before I was able to eat.i dey collect old note with happiness god punish apc and all it's surporters
I just bought 2 dozen bags of pure water. The supplier declined transfer but accepted old notes. Location:Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by baralatie(m): 8:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
TheAlchemist:

No, but your account will be credited.
So the person will now be running from one ATM to another ATM in different locations to get the new notes?

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by IntroTech: 8:20pm On Feb 10, 2023
Only people who are not serious with their business will be rejecting the old notes.

The CBN has stated that they will still collect the old notes so why will you hurt your business waiting to trade with the new notes that are still as scarce as diamonds whereas you can continue conducting business as usual with the old notes?

It doesn't make any sense to me at all.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by angelfallz(m): 8:21pm On Feb 10, 2023
Generally, Nigeria is trying to move away from cash. So, such people should open a bank account. The excuse that they are illiterate will not work any more.

jchioma:
Truly, there's confusion everywhere. In my area. Shops have started rejecting the old notes since yesterday. Some shops didn't even open today. Market women are still left with old notes, because their business is cash based. Most people don't know whether to deposit the few old notes left in their possession or deposit theirs and then have to queue or pay exorbitant charges to POS agents to withdraw same. Even the elites are not left out as the cash crunch is being felt by all and sundry in one way or the other.

May it not be well with all those urchins and Batstards that forced the government to take this pathway and maintain sanity n order to keep them from gaining entry into the national coffers of a dying country.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by thatigboman: 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
DaniDani:
Here in ABA, many people are rejecting the old notes especially the higher denominations of 1000,500, and 200. They are accepting onl 100 and 50naira old notes, higher denominations must be new notes.
100 naira and 50 naira were not redesigned naa, so there is no old or new of them
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by yomi007k(m): 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
baralatie:

So the person will now be running from one ATM to another ATM in different locations to get the new notes?

Why you follow crazy people discuss?

Leave dem were i beg.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Deefirm: 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2023
Until you take the money to bank guy, body go tell you...go to majors outlets or stores to use it na. Ode!!!
CilicMarin:
In Lagos! Nobody is even aware there is any dateline. Both the old and new ones are being spent.

May God Punish Peter Obi, Atiku and Emefiele.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by DeZoro(m): 8:23pm On Feb 10, 2023
If you have old notes after the deadline, you can take them to any CBN branch nationwide and it ll be deposited into your account.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by UncutSk(m): 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
mbahdi:
In oyo here, confusion dey confuse himself.even people wey no get new note to give u change dey form say Dem no collect old note.i nvr use my hand touch d new note for over two weeks now.I no fit kill myself even d old note I no see today.all market bought from me was all paid tru transfer.hunger nearly killed me.it was around 2pm one person carry old note buy market from me.i rush grab am before I was able to eat.i dey collect old note with happiness god punish apc and all it's surporters
can you imagine... it can never be well with buhari
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Suleiman45(m): 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
Ibadan here both old and new everybody just dey collect am
concho:
I am a trader in main market Onitsha. I have a shop in Popular Relief market and also Visited “New parts “ market in Onitsha today .

Despite the today’s (10th February ) deadline from the CBN, everyone in these markets are still trading as if nothing is happening. Starting from the motorists to the hawkers in Onitsha, no one rejects the old notes.

Though I'm scared, but I didn't give any directives to my subjects. They collects anyone they see.

As I type this, they have made up to #300,000 cash from today's sales while I wallow in confusion.

What is the situation in your area please, are the old notes rejected or being accepted??

N:B, don't mind my English, I'm just a trader

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by chypotenti(m): 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pierocash:
Nobody send you for Ph,it is been accepted everywhere.

But why are people rejecting the old notes, the deadline is still far . FG said they will comply with the order of supreme Court. So, why rejecting it
my brother nor deceive yourself, FFK na FG?
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by angelfallz(m): 8:24pm On Feb 10, 2023
FG fit change mind tomorrow o!
Don't be among the citizens that will lose their hard-earned money because FG said they will obey court orders. Play it safe, and deposit your old naira notes before it is too late. Stop collecting old naira notes and insist on new notes or transfers (make sure the transfer is confirmed)

Pierocash:

But why are people rejecting the old notes, the deadline is still far . FG said they will comply with the order of supreme Court. So, why rejecting it
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Graficient: 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2023
CilicMarin:
In Lagos! Nobody is even aware there is any dateline. Both the old and new ones are being spent.

May God Punish Peter Obi, Atiku and Emefiele.

God will punish Obi with the task to be president over this dying nation in order to salvage it.
But as for you, may the Devil your master punish you and your generation with confusion
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by IntroTech: 8:25pm On Feb 10, 2023
baralatie:

You are not depositing to collect.

You are only depositing to key into the cashless society.

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by proprince(m): 8:26pm On Feb 10, 2023
In Abj we are rejecting it, i mean the old notes
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by angelfallz(m): 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
were you able to transfer instead?
nabiz:
even public hospital are rejecting the money. Went to wuse general hospital for a medical checkup, the rejected the money
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Suleiman45(m): 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
U are a fool for calling ode is it the one spending the money or the people idiot
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by ERockson: 8:27pm On Feb 10, 2023
The country is not yet explode Just because of old notes we are seeing. Nigerians should be trading with old notes and not take it the useless commercial Banks otherwise, it will worse than this in few days

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by gassbee: 8:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
Pierocash:

dont mind those ignorant n illiterate bunch

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by Jossibest(m): 8:28pm On Feb 10, 2023
Agbor delta state started rejecting the old note since yesterday
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by angelfallz(m): 8:29pm On Feb 10, 2023
you, use transfer and buy food na?
mbahdi:

1 Like

Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by favour32(m): 8:30pm On Feb 10, 2023
Jflex07:
Urchins are scared of insulting buhari who is the man brain behind this new note. God punish all urrchins
Dem dey fear their nemesis.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by CodeTemplar: 8:30pm On Feb 10, 2023
I collect anyone with valid CBN logo and stamp.
Re: Naira Redesign : CBN Deadline ; What's the situation in your area ? by matotoide(m): 8:31pm On Feb 10, 2023
The CBN Governor made it clear that you can still deposit your old notes after the deadline (whenever that is), but it stops being legal tender, meaning you cannot exchange it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From Giwa Farmers Market In Kaduna Prove Nigeria Is blessed In Agric / Dairo Damilola Opeyemi Redefining Auto-parts Business In Nigeria / What Does TTO/TTT Mean In Relation to Crude Oil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.