Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,439 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes (43589 Views)

It’s Been Approved By CBN’ — Banks Begin Dispensing Old ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 / We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / CBN Redesigns 200, 500 & 1000 Naira Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by assholemods: 9:21am On Feb 11, 2023
SHIVA001:
Are you all dumb. If they don't want to print the notes. Use transfer. They are trying to enforce the cashless policy. Anything above 100 should be transfer. Like abroad.
Like which abroad? Which abroad you dey talk about? Tell me

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by MrMcJay(m): 9:22am On Feb 11, 2023
SHIVA001:
Are you all dumb. If they don't want to print the notes. Use transfer. They are trying to enforce the cashless policy. Anything above 100 should be transfer. Like abroad.

So, I should use transfer to pay a vulcaniser pumping 1 tyre for N300.
Or old people should use transfer to buy vegetables of N150?

Some of you just post without considering the informal economy. Behaving like Emefiele.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by PROPEACE: 9:22am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:
Whoever believes that naira swap will curb vote buying is myopic.

Because it is not only money that can be used to buy vote

Naira is not the only currency that politicians can use to buy vote. They use dollar also.
You are the one that is myopic. So it is these wicked, greedy politicians that will share dollars to the masses. Well done.
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Dearlord(m): 9:22am On Feb 11, 2023
From the Top to Bottom, this people are wicked.

What a nonsense excuse
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by teepain: 9:23am On Feb 11, 2023
UncommonLogic:
Seriously? Can you believe this man?
This is by far the worst CBN Governor EVER.

One of the major problems of Emefiele's appointment is his lack of capacity. In most countries, you do not appoint a non-economist as a CBN governor. Every decision the CBN governor makes, has both macro-economic and micro-economic implications. With the contrived cash crunch, Emefiele has set this country's economy back by about 5 years. With that singular cash policy, the Nigerian economy was literally "paused". Flow of money, either paper or electronic, drives commerce and trade and commercial activities in Nigeria has been very slow lately because of the cash crunch.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by arantess: 9:23am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:

Naira is not the only currency that politicians can use to buy vote. They use dollar also.

dollar is for the top men

but on election day they wont give the PUs dollars

it still has to be converted to naira so that 2k each can reach people
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Mrpojj(m): 9:23am On Feb 11, 2023
Moh247:
cool

Emefiele is just playing games

One thing am certain about President Bola Ahmed Tinubu would do after May 29 is go after all Economic saboteur

Many people would join Bode George in exile

How bode George sabotage economy?
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by funshint(m): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2023
Sha go and vote your Obi and Atiku. Both of them will retain Emefiele; then you'll see the elder brother of "shege" grin

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by hohafrank(m): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:

Can they get enough dollars to go round the number of voters needed to win election?
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Ewizy: 9:24am On Feb 11, 2023
SHIVA001:

Don't mind them. They don't want to adapt to change. Simple as ABC some Nigerians wants to remain in the old way of life. Change is constant it doesn't look Rosey at first but in the end everyone will be okay. Cashless policy is a goal.
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Ellasure: 9:24am On Feb 11, 2023
This emefiele is complete fool not serious and competent to handle the position of a national treasury.

If you know that you have not got enough papers to print money, must you then implement a plan that will ensure 200 million Nigerians scramble for less than 200 million sheets of papers.

Mans inhumanity to man. Buhari must have known about this all along but his wicked heart can never allow him to see and reason well again. Buhari's blind hatred for Nigerian people is so enormous that common sensical naratives can not be held to be applied over the people he govern. He is a disaster in human creation meanwhile he claims to be a prayer warrior Islamic version.

What is he praying for?

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Kobicove(m): 9:25am On Feb 11, 2023
SHIVA001:

This place is not Europe or America, there are Nigerians who do not have internet access and in places where it is available online payment channels are unstable.

For instance I made a purchase at Jara shopping mall Ikeja yesterday and made a payment with my Keystone Bank debit card which failed and I repeated the payment with my GTBank debit card...when I got home I realized I was actually debited for the Keystone Bank transaction which I thought failed.

The implication of this is that I made payment twice for a purchase! angry

6 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by slowice(m): 9:25am On Feb 11, 2023
A card carrying member of apc is our CBN governor...vote out this useless people.

They ve lied to us for complete 8yrs and re still doing so till date.

They even want to force a vegetable and drug criminal on us as president. When will all this nonsense end.

Vote them out if you want to breath a little bit of fresh air this year.

VOTE WISELY, VOTE LP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by olaniyilukman(m): 9:25am On Feb 11, 2023
toneroforever:

My brother forget wishful thinking & let's be realistic. Obi resonates with the masses across the length & breadth of this country. Where he won't do too well (NW & NE), the 3 other major candidates will cancel out themselves; while none of them has 2 regions in the bag (SE,SS) like Obi.
Tomorrow Obi will shake Lagos, Tinubu's supposed home state. Obi will get not less than 45% of Lagos votes. Lagos is controlled by APC yet Obi will get massive votes there. Across the SW,he will have a good outing.
which Obi are you referring, I hope it is not Obituary that is lying ups and down...

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by MarketDispatch: 9:25am On Feb 11, 2023

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by benqo01(m): 9:26am On Feb 11, 2023
MrMcJay:

So, I should use transfer to pay a vulcaniser pumping 1 tyre for N300.
Or old people should use transfer to buy vegetables of N150?

Some of you just post without considering the informal economy. Behaving like Emefiele.

Re u minding the idiot

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by COMPAQ(m): 9:26am On Feb 11, 2023
Tokskob2008:

Well to some extent you are right but I'm pretty sure it will be difficult for the vote buyers to start handing out $20 or $50 to voters on election day.

Emefiele should be arrested..

Why is it harder to hand out a $10 note, compared to N5000, which is multiple notes?
Dollar is actually easier, just that in the hinterlands people might reject it due to difficulty in changing it as people will want to spend immediately
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 9:26am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:
Tinubu for president
I love how myopic u sound.... 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Judolisco(m): 9:26am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:

village women won't collect dollars from u

1 Like

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by MarketDispatch: 9:26am On Feb 11, 2023
olaniyilukman:
which Obi are you referring, I hope it is not Obituary that is lying ups and down...

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by tfelicityk(m): 9:27am On Feb 11, 2023
Foolish leader without good thinking and deep reasoning...

When he was proposing this movement. Did he put all the necessary measures in place before coming out to making pronouncements of it...

This is a person who wanted to be a president of this Nation... In fact, Sanusi is far better in administration, management and operations than this guy.
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by beejay85: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2023
BamakSNR:
Emefiele The Economy Maguire
This one na Economic Escobar grin

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by BENEAMATA: 9:27am On Feb 11, 2023
IgOga:
Not funny...this Emefiele dey behave like ipob...how you dey collect people old money but your nor get enough new money to give them and if not for pressure you set deadline for 31st January 2023.

God go expose your evil plans
my brother , i couldn't believe Emefiele said this too when i read it somewhere yesterday . See as CBN governor dey play tinko-tinko with our lives at his boss asking . What he said about placing orders is a pointer we are not getting newly printed notes in circulation in another three weeks !

5 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by DollarSigns(m): 9:27am On Feb 11, 2023
APCHaram:

Fool, I have over 50k hanging in the name of transfer for purchase of petty items and was forced to pay twice either with another bank transfer or with new notes I bought for 1k for 10k notes.

And FYI, even when I get a reversal , the thieving banks never refund the cost incurred in using their useless app.

Is that not flat out robbery ?

Open an OPay account
Whenever you want to make transfer, fund your OPay account then from your OPay, send to whatever bank at zero transfer fees and very efficient network
Meanwhile God bless the CBNGov
Nigeria must be great again abeg
Especially for people wey get offsprings and japa option no Dey available
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 9:27am On Feb 11, 2023
olaniyilukman:
please tell us one lie from him, make I tell you 50 wey ds useless regime don gv us
Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by CodeTemplar: 9:28am On Feb 11, 2023
If papers are not available, why is this foolish fellow setting deadlines then? Hard currencies are scarce and electronic channels are jammed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by OboOlora(f): 9:28am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:

So dem go carry dollars go give Iya sarafa for Ketu pepper market to campaign abi?
Kuku transfer BTC to them as campaign funds lol

2 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by MrMcJay(m): 9:29am On Feb 11, 2023
Ewizy:

Don't mind them. They don't want to adapt to change. Simple as ABC some Nigerians wants to remain in the old way of life. Change is constant it doesn't look Rosey at first but in the end everyone will be okay. Cashless policy is a goal.

Go to your village and tell them anything above 100 Naira should be paid by transfer and see how wise you would sound.

5 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by miketayo(m): 9:29am On Feb 11, 2023
SHIVA001:

I hope you aren't comparing 100 naira to 100 dollars, cos I know for sure they don't transfer 50cents abroad
you will transfer to danfo and okada, or the 300 naira bread you want to buy at the grocery. I was at GB 2 days ago, their POS wasn't working, all the customers had to transfer, it took over 30mins(more for other customers) to confirm my transfer.
the banks are not ready for the traffic of a cashless policy. Who is the dumb one now.

5 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by zedegit: 9:29am On Feb 11, 2023
Biodun556:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/581070-exclusive-naira-crisis-emefiele-discloses-why-currency-redesign-policy-is-failing.html

Imagine the nonsense I am hearing?
Naija na cruise seriously? So CBN has turned to business center that tell useless stories. You wanted to change the currency and you didn't print enough but had the stupidity to announce deadline as if that's your only problem.

Prsin never knack Emefiele hammer for head na why the Ekuke dey misyarn.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by omonnakoda: 9:30am On Feb 11, 2023
DeepSight:

They even use the simplest currency of all: food.
This happened in Osun state
Rice,Ileya rams,noodles,Semo,wheat,vegetable oil,garri,elubo , soft drinks,etc and it was not on election day.
That is where structure comes into it
They were moving ward to ward, compound to compound weeks before election day. Those things can be bought cashlessly
In my opinion food is psychologically more effective because you can use it before election day ,and people can still persuade themselves that they didn't sell their votes
Also you can share those things through churches and mosques with less criticisms than cash.
Another thing they use with Muslims is Hajj slots which can b bought in bulk and shared through Imams which is why Abiola was popular in the North

3 Likes

Re: Emefiele: No Papers To Print ₦‎200, ₦‎500, ₦‎1000 New Notes by Afamed: 9:30am On Feb 11, 2023
You said Naira redesigning was to curb vote buying?

Will CBN also redesign our Naira when we want to have another election in 2027?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu & Children Celebrate His Wife, Awele On 51st Birthday (Video) / Hilarious Conversation Between UBA And Guy Who Asked Them For Loan On Twitter / Nigerian Bank Disobeying My Late Father's Directive. PLEASE HELP!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.