Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,068 members, 7,828,783 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (40475 Views)

Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) / June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety / Bauchi Prison: Gunshots As Riot Erupts At Bauchi Correctional Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Akaegwu(m): 9:21am On Feb 17, 2023
You make sense bro. Our darling daddy is a great leader. Though my vulture griller friend is gradually losing his voice. I will continue to support our darling Daddy
Wildkat02:

But I just mentioned the bastaard’s name and nothing happened.

U think we don’t know this is other moniker. Even DemManna na same vulture griller
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by SmartPolician: 9:22am On Feb 17, 2023
Komu1048:

U r already feeling guilty, is Emefiele a Yoruba man, is Buhari from Ondo state?

The two tribes joining forces against Nigerians

I was referring to destroying things in Lagos and saying that the Igbos masterminded the protest, not the naira scarcity per se cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by clinician2x: 9:23am On Feb 17, 2023
Spuggie:
Tinubu call your urchins to order

In the voice of that useless nairaland resident Vulture griller, safe to say, Buhari is our darling daddy.

I think you mean no one else comes close
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Mrregistration: 9:23am On Feb 17, 2023
Walezy2020:

Pepper& tomatoes sellers will they be able to do this,I want to buy #100 or #200 pepper I go send it to account one question hope our transfer systems is okay now not that I will send money & the other party will have to wait for like 1hour B4 s/he receives alert

Most of the new online banking platforms are fast and you receive alert in less that 5mins
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Geo4646: 9:23am On Feb 17, 2023
This is the handy work of sponsor thug, to cause harm to the innocent citizens. We d citizen's won't give hear to this until dis evil government in remove completely.. You all that's is shouting APC upandan here imagine d level of hardship b4 Nigeria's by dis current APC party.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Ishilove: 9:23am On Feb 17, 2023
GloriousGbola:

The problem is everyone but Buhari and Emefiele can see how this will play out.

Those ones are in a cocoon.
They seem to forget what triggers military coups. DISCONTENT
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Aldol: 9:24am On Feb 17, 2023
imagrg:
Riot is not happening in the North.

Please note that they want to use it as an excuse to stop us from voting Peter Obi into office.
North own would have been worse but their governors were able to cushion the effect by allowing them spend their old notes alongside the scarce new notes
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by phorget(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2023
Komu1048:

U r already feeling guilty, is Emefiele a Yoruba man, is Buhari from Ondo state?

The two tribes joining forces against Nigerians

Emefiele is now an igbo man abi?
Same way Nzeogwu was an igbo man.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by ahamonyeka(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2023
That woman in white go good to enter her from behind o

1 Like

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by 2pak(m): 9:24am On Feb 17, 2023
Lagos the thug mansion of Africa
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by ahamonyeka(m): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2023
That woman in white for the picture go good to enter from behind for this cool harmattan .
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Minatouchiha(m): 9:25am On Feb 17, 2023
It has begun. That's what they want. Endsars 2.0 loading. Fed govt cabal Vs Jagaban. In the end, ma innocent people go suffer.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by html14java(f): 9:26am On Feb 17, 2023
chukwuibuipob:
cool No money,NO ELECTION angry
No money no erection, no cumin
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by HellVictorinho7: 9:27am On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:
It's such a shame that people in rural communities who don't have access to banks and internet are complaining about Naira scarcity and people who live in Lagos are even protesting.

Well, I maintain that our biggest challenge is our obsession with cash and it's contributing to these protests. I just hope they don't turn around and blame it on the Igbos after destroying things in Lagos (as always). grin
bastard
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by shimolv: 9:27am On Feb 17, 2023
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by famology(m): 9:27am On Feb 17, 2023
derecho:
Kikikiki... Dem no wan collect old notes as dues again?

Tinubu pressing their mumu button

Tinubu collect ur papa wife abi?
Ur entire existence revolves around Tinubu. Get succour soon from ur mental instability

1 Like

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by TenQ: 9:27am On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:

Politicians have mopped up most of the cash for vote-buying. By Saturday, politicians will release billions of naira to buy votes across the country and the #200 that will be released will help too. Nigerians just need to be patient because destroying things will change nothing. You speak of inflation.
This is the narrative they are peddling. Almost all the big time politician have big bankers on their payroll. Do you think such monies would be kept as cash in NAIRA when our BDC are not dead?

SmartPolician:

How can the price of commodities be increasing when people aren't really buying them due to cash scarcity? Keke riders, market women and bus drivers are not helping us because they always insist on cash payments.
A seller cannot sell BELOW his purchase price. Secondly, the more effort a trader makes to source his produce, the higher his markup price.
How much do you think will result in bank charges for every N50 transferred into your account. In light of this , as a keke rider, will you prefer cash or transfer?

1 Like

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by reddingtonblack: 9:28am On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:
It's such a shame that people in rural communities who don't have access to banks and internet are complaining about Naira scarcity and people who live in Lagos are even protesting.

Well, I maintain that our biggest challenge is our obsession with cash and it's contributing to these protests. I just hope they don't turn around and blame it on the Igbos after destroying things in Lagos (as always). grin

Oga think am these way, majority of the population in the rural villages are old people, do these people have networks not to talk of smartphones to be online ... they are feeling the heat the most but where will they air there grievances. how many reporter in the city will go into those villages to air there view.

People are obsessed with cash becos the banking networks are not reliable, the long queue & inconvenience people go through to resolve bank error is why people are obsessed with cash.
since 30th of jan i have 3 failed transaction that are yet to be resolved then you question why People are Obsessed with cash.
funnily we all are victims but political interest is why some are acting indifferent

1 Like

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Brushstrokes20: 9:30am On Feb 17, 2023
How can any SANE soul deprive millions of innocent citizens their hard earned monies in his daft bid to cage /Tame just 1 person

The lifeless sadist is far dumber than I thought undecided
Buhari is Nigeria's WORST BLUNDER!
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by BeauBragnar11: 9:32am On Feb 17, 2023
Jack500:
To those fools above saying it is a sponsored protest, I hope you are seeing money to spend. Even banks doesn't have money. Uselessss animals.

My fellow Nigerians, the only way your money will not turn to paper is to vote Tinubu, If you miss that opportunity, your money has gone

Vote Tinubu for president

It's a sponsored protest.

Deal with it!!!
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by greggng: 9:32am On Feb 17, 2023
spartachico:
i pray this election dont turn bloody
the government should do something fast or postpone the election and have enough time to get things in the right order, how do we vote peacefully when there would be fear or riot happening anytime, even polling units wont be safe. omo na wa oo.

3rd world war tension is brewing between the east and west of the world but our nigeria govt is giving civil war a chance like as if it none of their business.

May God heal the land

one man has 800k in his account , he is begging bank cashier to let him withdraw 50k feeding, they told him no cash.

Some Nigerians are not smart ...adaptation is part of life..the good news is that he has the fund in his account . He can be creative by getting his banking apps or using his atm card to transfer to online apps like opay , kuda or palmpay . He can transfer 100k to those account and call it expenses account . This is how I have been running my life ...get the o line banking app atm or transfer directly to wherever you wanna buy stuff. I went to egbeda market bought some stuff and directly transfer to the market woman account ...I left there to an igbo man food stuff shop ...infact he only collect transfer or pos ...I did the needful.and took my rice and other stuff from there . Coming home I enter a supermarket bought beverages and transfer...

I don't know why someone with 800k will allow himself to suffer cos he can't get cash ...let him be creative
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Maxxim: 9:32am On Feb 17, 2023
And the rioting continues until the government declares there won't be election this year due safety and security reasons.
Their scripts be playing on as planned.
I witnessed two fights yesterday between agberos and conductors on my way from ikotun to Iyana ipaja, what's going to happen in this coming days would be interesting, I just hope everyone be safe.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Ore0909(f): 9:34am On Feb 17, 2023
Na Tinubu thugs wan cause unrest. They should be treated with the language they understand better.
Any lout who tries to cause chaos should be severely dealt with by the security agencies.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by VictorGeneral4(m): 9:34am On Feb 17, 2023
eyesoflagos:
Chaos in Mile 12, Lagos as hoodlums riot over scarcity of new Naira notes

There was unrest in Mile 12, Lagos State as hoodlums ri%ted over the scarcity of new Naira notes.

In Mile 12, Lagos state, hoodlums have started rioting because there aren’t enough new Naira notes in circulation. On the Mile 12 road, the hoodlums were spotted telling drivers to turn around as they gathered to launch their demonstration.

Makesense Media reports gathered that, The burning of tires on the road, however, has generated tension in the region, and people were spotted fleeing for their lives. As everyone attempts to reach safety, traffic is backed up along the route as a result.

https://makesensepromotions.com/chaos-in-mile-12-lagos-as-hoodlums-rit-over-scarcity-of-new-naira-notes/
Emefiele and his oga are gradually smoking out the enemies of Nigeria.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Onitola2: 9:35am On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:

online banking has been chaotic for over a week
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Britishpea: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Urheadmaster:
tongue
Tulubo developed Lagos but still Lagos state is the homebase of thugs and protesters out to disturb the peace of mind of lagosians tongue

I don’t know why you people are blinded by politics. This policy is anti human. Government seizes to lead the moment they are inflicting pains. This pain is nationwide. Are you living in a hole? People are dying in the hospitals.

Vehicular movements have reduced. Markets are closed. POS agents couldn’t operate. Banks are closed. Apps and USSds are malfunctioning.

Nigeria isn’t USA where all their goods are in the malls and able to use cards to pay for them.
Pepper sellers are by the road sides in Nigeria. You want to pay them with transfers but transfers refused to go through.

And so many sellers of minute but household goods and services like this are by the roadsides. We don’t have consumer credit here yet.

Here we don’t have computerized Urban transit. We pay drivers with cash

No cash anywhere in Nigeria. No new cash and the #200 notes are no where to be seen.

So if your father is not a failure that gave birth yo your like you would understand that this policy is coming wrongly in a short period of time. How do you justify a man who is treating you like animals just because you want Kolanut to win?

The election in which he can’t even win under any condition.

2 Likes

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Hpesoj: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Jack500:
To those fools above saying it is a sponsored protest, I hope you are seeing money to spend. Even banks doesn't have money. Uselessss animals.

My fellow Nigerians, the only way your money will not turn to paper is to vote Tinubu, If you miss that opportunity, your money has gone

Vote Tinubu for president

LOL. But there is no way the old notes will become useless as Central Bank is still receiving them. It's not like the CBN said you can no longer deposit your old notes.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by tishbite41(m): 9:37am On Feb 17, 2023
olabode4dkoko:
No be yansh be that!!! embarassed
God!!!
grin grin grin grin
After seeing your comment, I had to go and verify
Na yansh
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by SmartPolician: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Onitola2:
online banking has been chaotic for over a week

Apart from web-enabled banking, there are POS, USSD and app.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by HellVictorinho7: 9:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Mrregistration:

Most of the new online banking platforms are fast and you receive alert in less that 5mins
no money to afford such things ,either u wanna be robbed or you shut up, str3t getting worse ,4rk the bullets i can't control , death around the corner ,pac and b.i.g also used rap, the world has no purpose ,nigeria with the worst president , cbn is a distress here , damn! Yeah, bury me anyhow hell anywhere victorinho, spits.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Nicho118(m): 9:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Tinubu should call his people to order

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FFK Calls Lauretta Onochie "Ugly Duckling" & Buhari "A Walking Corpse" / Atiku, PDP Loses Appeal At Supreme Court / Members Of GEJites Visit Goodluck Jonathan In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.