Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,887 members, 7,828,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (40471 Views)

Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) / June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety / Bauchi Prison: Gunshots As Riot Erupts At Bauchi Correctional Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Sunday40: 9:13am On Feb 17, 2023
This new naira note is really affecting everyone lives, business is not moving most especially those people that is small small business that use little profit to feed from there capital is going down,let for about and ourselves the true we are dying this is not right in this our country.

2 Likes

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:14am On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari is fighting dollar. He thereby made naira scarce. sad

1 Like

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Cj4charles(m): 9:14am On Feb 17, 2023
angry
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Amayabor1: 9:15am On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari, please handle these urchins in the language they understand.

They praised you for 5 years +, saying you are the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria. Now, they want to burn down the country. Please, send Soldiers to lagos on operation "Clearing the urchins".

Thanks our darling, loving president! grin grin grin
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Angelfrost(m): 9:15am On Feb 17, 2023
madridguy:
The situation is getting worse day by day.

Quit wailing!

Y'all supported Buhari against most protests against his useless policies since 2015!

You all must shut the fvck up, and finish what you started! Support Buhari till the end! tongue
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by 43Ronin: 9:15am On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari should deploy the army to shoot all those stupid protesters in SW. How and why should they protest after they endorsed & enforced buhari upon miherians 2 times. Army go there and do target practice with them abeg
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Wildkat02: 9:16am On Feb 17, 2023
Eriggs:
himself know say dem no born am well to mention dem MANNA.
Him go collect. I trust aunty MANNA, both of una go collect sharp sharp

But I just mentioned the bastaard’s name and nothing happened.

U think we don’t know this is other moniker. Even DemManna na same vulture griller

1 Like

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by JOemmy(m): 9:16am On Feb 17, 2023
phemmyjohnson:
The government is about to witness a chaos buhari and Malami planned all along . Chaos in Lagos state will end up troubling the nation . May Buhari die a painful death ! I am not in support of tinubu anymore , you mastermind the enthronement of this creature to power . May you not smell the presidency also . This hardship is too much on Nigerians!!

Tinibu wants to benefit from the chaos he created it will never work.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Nwaotu10(m): 9:16am On Feb 17, 2023
EMILOKAN sponsored hoodlums grin grin
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Akaegwu(m): 9:16am On Feb 17, 2023
Na you Sabi oooo. Na vulture griller we know ooo
Wildkat02:

Do u mean ?

1 Like

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by GloriousGbola: 9:16am On Feb 17, 2023
Ishilove:

This is a exactly what we need. I was almost stranded yesterday when network failed. My saving grace was the 3k I was able to withdraw over the counter, so I am now pinching it any which way so it can sustain me for as long as possible. Is this how the cashless policy works in other countries? It has come to Nigeria's turn and mayhem has ensued

The problem is everyone but Buhari and Emefiele can see how this will play out.

Those ones are in a cocoon.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by clinician2x: 9:16am On Feb 17, 2023
These poorest yoruba urchins idiots are always the loudest. You attack other people supporting other political parties and candidates differentfrom APC and drugnibu, you also protest and destroy things because APC and drugnibu have made ur life a living hell.

Yoruba idiots
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by gfelo(m): 9:16am On Feb 17, 2023
this is the result the mastermind of fuel scarcity and Naira redesign want to see and is working out for them.

As leader with interest of ur country at heart, election period are sensitive period that you must ensure that everywhere is calm and peaceful before the election day, why throw the nation into chaos before election, which you know very well that with this, if election crisis happen to join with what we have now it will be terrible.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:
It's such a shame that people in rural communities who don't have access to banks and internet are complaining about Naira scarcity and people who live in Lagos are even protesting.

Well, I maintain that our biggest challenge is our obsession with cash and it's contributing to these protests. I just hope they don't turn around and blame it on the Igbos after destroying things in Lagos (as always). grin

Just wait and see

Igbos are the cause, expect igbos shops being lifted
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by bigdammyj: 9:17am On Feb 17, 2023
Accidental journalism....
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Walezy2020: 9:17am On Feb 17, 2023
Mrregistration:
One of the best ways for business success is this new naira saga is that....

1. Get your business registered with CAC
2. Open a business account
3. Be familiar with online banking
Piammmmmmm...... your business will boom like mayor of Ekiti game grin grin grin
Pepper& tomatoes sellers will they be able to do this,I want to buy #100 or #200 pepper I go send it to account one question hope our transfer systems is okay now not that I will send money & the other party will have to wait for like 1hour B4 s/he receives alert

2 Likes

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Komu1048(m): 9:17am On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:
It's such a shame that people in rural communities who don't have access to banks and internet are complaining about Naira scarcity and people who live in Lagos are even protesting.

Well, I maintain that our biggest challenge is our obsession with cash and it's contributing to these protests. I just hope they don't turn around and blame it on the Igbos after destroying things in Lagos (as always). grin

U r already feeling guilty, is Emefiele a Yoruba man, is Buhari from Ondo state?

The two tribes joining forces against Nigerians
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by easzypeaszy(m): 9:17am On Feb 17, 2023
Agege too on fire
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Innjoofire: 9:17am On Feb 17, 2023
Those of you supporting this CBN move on old note a foolish hypocrites. The CBN is not above the law. You where all condemning this same federal government when it was told by the supreme court to release Nnamdi Kanu. Same thing is happening now and you are all supporting it.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by MrUchenna1(m): 9:18am On Feb 17, 2023
Cash-less Nigeria is a policy established in the year 2012 by the Central Bank of Nigeria to curb excesses in the handling of cash in the Nigerian ... kick running in Lagos since 2012
we want lagos to be like Dubai but we don't want change...
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Exclusive101: 9:18am On Feb 17, 2023
Igbos also should stay away from anywhere such is happening so they are not accuse.

SmartPolician:

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by ALABACONNECT(m): 9:18am On Feb 17, 2023
God help us all. Y'all should stay safe❤
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by dominique(f): 9:19am On Feb 17, 2023
It's not about scarcity of new naira notes but the inability to spend the old ones which was dispensed to them by the same banks that are rejecting the old notes. I saw this coming before the deadline was shifted. As long as people are unable to spend the old notes in their possession, the chaos will continue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Aldol: 9:19am On Feb 17, 2023
phemmyjohnson:
The government is about to witness a chaos buhari and Malami planned all along . Chaos in Lagos state will end up troubling the nation . May Buhari die a painful death ! I am not in support of tinubu anymore , you mastermind the enthronement of this creature to power . May you not smell the presidency also . This hardship is too much on Nigerians!!
If you blackout now, their aim has been achieved. Tinubu needs you now than ever.
Don't forget that the intent is to turn the masses against not voting Tinubu,don't let them win. Remain strong , we shall overcome
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by phorget(m): 9:19am On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:

That has always been their strategy, they will soon starting claiming that it's one Obinna from Anambra that caused the protest with the aim to burn down tilumbu”s Eko Atlantic city.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by SmartPolician: 9:19am On Feb 17, 2023
TenQ:

The problem is the inflation caused poverty resulting in loss of value of the Naira. Most Nigerians spend "as needed" for small things which is senseless with the additional bank charges, SMS charges and transaction charges.

The cash in circulation is TOO little: CBN said that they didn't have enough paper

Politicians have mopped up most of the cash for vote-buying. By Saturday, politicians will release billions of naira to buy votes across the country and the #200 that will be released will help too. Nigerians just need to be patient because destroying things will change nothing. You speak of inflation.

How can the price of commodities be increasing when people aren't really buying them due to cash scarcity? Keke riders, market women and bus drivers are not helping us because they always insist on cash payments.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by imagrg(m): 9:20am On Feb 17, 2023
Riot is not happening in the North.

Please note that they want to use it as an excuse to stop us from voting Peter Obi into office.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by ariesbull: 9:20am On Feb 17, 2023
South East dey wait
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by phorget(m): 9:21am On Feb 17, 2023
Aldol:

If you blackout now, their aim has been achieved. Tinubu needs you now than ever.
Don't forget that the intent is to turn the masses against not voting Tinubu,don't let them win. Remain strong , we shall overcome

Tilumbu doesn't deserve anybody's vote.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Aldol: 9:21am On Feb 17, 2023
Innjoofire:
Those of you supporting this CBN move on old note a foolish hypocrites. The CBN is not above the law. You where all condemning this same federal government when it was told by the supreme court to release Nnamdi Kanu. Same thing is happening now and you are all supporting it.
This electioneering period exposed them the more and we now know who they are. So many things will change after the election
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Rebuke: 9:21am On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:

undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Alleged Incitement: Keyamo Petitions DSS, Demands Peter Obi’s Arrest / Stella Oduah Used An Expletive During An Interview? / Osinbajo Visits Atiku Abubakar In Abuja A Day After Inauguration(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.