Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,187 members, 7,829,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:40 PM

Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (40477 Views)

Protest In Lagos Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes (video) / June 12: Lagos Police Says There Is No Sit-At-Home Order, Assures Safety / Bauchi Prison: Gunshots As Riot Erupts At Bauchi Correctional Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Ore0909(f): 9:37am On Feb 17, 2023
Jack500:
To those fools above saying it is a sponsored protest, I hope you are seeing money to spend. Even banks doesn't have money. Uselessss animals.

My fellow Nigerians, the only way your money will not turn to paper is to vote Tinubu, If you miss that opportunity, your money has gone

Vote Tinubu for president
Yes, I am seeing money to spend. I, my colleagues and my family members are seeing money to spend.
No be only vote Tinubu, na Baba blu you for talk.
Any miserable thug that wants to cause chaos should be dealt with. Awon werey gbogbo
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by gadgethead: 9:38am On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari, you have created anarchy. How can you heap further excruciating pain on poor Nigerians already suffering from high food prices, increased petroleum price and transport fares, increased poverty.

Now you have further their plight by making sure they have no access to the little money they have. They even have to pay through their noses to get their money. And to top it all, there are no money in the ATMs.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by tishbite41(m): 9:38am On Feb 17, 2023
phorget:

Emefiele is now an igbo man abi?
Same way Nzeogwu was an igbo man.
Don't mind the foolish Yorubas
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by enomakos(m): 9:39am On Feb 17, 2023
The govt must do something fast
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Hpesoj: 9:39am On Feb 17, 2023
Britishpea:

I don’t know why you people are blinded by politics. This policy is anti human. Government seizes to lead the moment they are inflicting pains. This pain is nationwide. Are you living in a hole? People are dying in the hospitals.

Vehicular movements have reduced. Markets are closed. POS agents couldn’t operate. Banks are closed. Apps and USSds are malfunctioning.

Nigeria isn’t USA where all their goods are in the malls and able to use cards to pay for them.
Pepper sellers are by the road sides in Nigeria. You want to pay them with transfers but transfers refused to go through.

And so many sellers of minute but household goods and services like this are by the roadsides. We don’t have consumer credit here yet.

Here we don’t have computerized Urban transit. We pay drivers with cash

No cash anywhere in Nigeria. No new cash and the #200 notes are no where to be seen.

So if your father is not a failure that gave birth yo your like you would understand that this policy is coming wrongly in a short period of time. How do you justify a man who is treating you like animals just because you want Kolanut to win?

The election in which he can’t even win under any condition.

You sound pained but you can express your opinion without insulting anyone. Moreover, it is said that only those that don't respect their parents are quick to insult others parents.

Ciao.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by sweetjohn(m): 9:40am On Feb 17, 2023
No Igbo man or woman should join in this senseless and deceitful protest bc at the end they will turn back and blame it on us.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Tenshades(m): 9:41am On Feb 17, 2023
sslcrypt:
The chicken have come home to roast

Why chicken go waka come home with him own legs to come roast na?
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by BreconHills(m): 9:42am On Feb 17, 2023
phemmyjohnson:
The government is about to witness a chaos buhari and Malami planned all along . Chaos in Lagos state will end up troubling the nation . May Buhari die a painful death ! I am not in support of tinubu anymore , you mastermind the enthronement of this creature to power . May you not smell the presidency also . This hardship is too much on Nigerians!!

You never supported Tinubu. Those who do know exactly what is happening.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Jack500: 9:42am On Feb 17, 2023
Hpesoj:

LOL. But there is no way the old notes will become useless as Central Bank is still receiving them. It's not like the CBN said you can no longer deposit your old notes.

How many central bank is in a state, no be one? so everyone in the state should go and queue to just that one?

And why are you telling us to part way with the old notes, when their is no new ones
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by famology(m): 9:42am On Feb 17, 2023
Zombiediot pigs are still calling Tinubu with all of the pains the poor are going through. Some people are just shamelessly foolish.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Mikshomex(m): 9:44am On Feb 17, 2023
For how long will this process stop in nation. Lord we need your help
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by nedekid: 9:44am On Feb 17, 2023
Christistruth02:
Sponsored Chaos

Another Deliberate attempt to destabilise Lagos
They have been on it since their Endsars attempt failed

Behari is in Abuja
Emefiele is in Abuja
Central Bank of Nigeria is in Abuja
Supreme court is in Abuja

So what are they attacking Lagos for ?!
Who are the they? Be more explicit.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by BubblingB(m): 9:45am On Feb 17, 2023
Jack500:
To those fools above saying it is a sponsored protest, I hope you are seeing money to spend. Even banks doesn't have money. Uselessss animals.

My fellow Nigerians, the only way your money will not turn to paper is to vote Tinubu, If you miss that opportunity, your money has gone

Vote Tinubu for president

It is you and your households that are fools

1 Like

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by XerXers: 9:47am On Feb 17, 2023
phemmyjohnson:
The government is about to witness a chaos buhari and Malami planned all along . Chaos in Lagos state will end up troubling the nation . May Buhari die a painful death ! I am not in support of tinubu anymore , you mastermind the enthronement of this creature to power . May you not smell the presidency also . This hardship is too much on Nigerians!!
Vote for Peter Obi
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by searchlight: 9:48am On Feb 17, 2023
phemmyjohnson:
One Urchin converted. It is cool that hunger has reset your brain. We warned you but you called us names. Many more Urchin to follow in the coming days.

Collapse your APC structures and support LP to turn the ZOO around. That's the only option left. A vote for Tinubu is a vote for Atiku and the cabals. They want southern votes shared to pave way for Atiku. Know this and know peace.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by uuzba(m): 9:49am On Feb 17, 2023
Urheadmaster:
tongue
Tulubo developed Lagos but still Lagos state is the homebase of thugs and protesters out to disturb the peace of mind of lagosians tongue
Lagos is their village.
Lagos was developed and they have no more village.
Hence they roam about the streets destroying other's properties and businesses.
They have no more home or village. And this is the cause of all their issues.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by searchlight: 9:50am On Feb 17, 2023
Angel55555:
Shame on anyone who support Buhari on the issue of cash exchange policy. Nigeria is simply not ready for such a thing, we don't have the infrastructure to carry out such a project.
But praises on the urchins who have been supporting Buhari's anti people's policies since 8 years? It is obvious that a lot of people have nonsense
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by spartachico(m): 9:51am On Feb 17, 2023
true but when a man is old and doesnt want his family to know how much he own,thats where i feel hes coming from
greggng:

Some Nigerians are not smart ...adaptation is part of life..the good news is that he has the fund in his account . He can be creative by getting his banking apps or using his atm card to transfer to online apps like opay , kuda or palmpay . He can transfer 100k to those account and call it expenses account . This is how I have been running my life ...get the o line banking app atm or transfer directly to wherever you wanna buy stuff. I went to egbeda market bought some stuff and directly transfer to the market woman account ...I left there to an igbo man food stuff shop ...infact he only collect transfer or pos ...I did the needful.and took my rice and other stuff from there . Coming home I enter a supermarket bought beverages and transfer...

I don't know why someone with 800k will allow himself to suffer cos he can't get cash ...let him be creative

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by LordAdam16: 9:52am On Feb 17, 2023
GloriousGbola:

The problem is everyone but Buhari and Emefiele can see how this will play out.

Those ones are in a cocoon.

What will happen?

Riots, however bad they get, will be localized to Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, and Ondo; maybe Jigawa. The rest of the country will hum along until the election. That's at least minus 5 million votes for Tinubu.

Or have you heard about riots in Uyo, Abia, or Adamawa? Even the riot in Delta was in only 1 LGA. 99% of the state was peaceful and safe.

INEC has already said no election in 600 polling units, it seems you guys want them to add more zeros.

Anyone saying we can't sustain this policy for 9 more days when we sat at home for 30 days without palliative in 2020 is unwell.

-Lord

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by CodeTemplar: 9:53am On Feb 17, 2023
Electronic transfer of shandi, ishakole, deve, owole and all other names of extortion is bad for all urchins in the south.
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by wethebest(m): 9:53am On Feb 17, 2023
olabode4dkoko:
No be yansh be that!!! embarassed

No ooo. Na agege bread 😂😂😂😂
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 17, 2023
Urheadmaster:
tongue
Tulubo developed Lagos but still Lagos state is the homebase of thugs and protesters out to disturb the peace of mind of lagosians tongue

When they protested in Warri & Benin, it was also Tinubu's fault right? Una no dey use una brain... Everything na Tinubu.

U fit swear say the cash scarcity no affect you? undecided

1 Like

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by snowball11(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2023
phemmyjohnson:

Chaos in Lagos state wouldn't trouble any gaddem nation there! Rather, it would trouble Tinubu who collects 10% of Lagos monthly internal generated fund! grin
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 17, 2023
People with low life are the ones fighting.....

Stupid set of humans. I wonder what they will benefit at the end of the fight.....
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by benqo01(m): 9:55am On Feb 17, 2023
SO YESTERDAY I WAS TO BOARD A BIKE TO TOWN FROM A VILLAGE OMO DID TRANSFER FOR THIS GUY IT TOOK 4 HOURS BEFORE THAT MONEY ARRIVED IN HIS ACCT IMAGINE DID IT 5PM ARRIVED 9PM AH I WONT FORGET HOW I STOOD FOR THAT LONG.

OMO EXPERIENCE WAS TERRIBLE

1 Like

Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Olaolex: 9:59am On Feb 17, 2023
Spuggie:
Tinubu call your urchins to order

In the voice of that useless nairaland resident Vulture griller, safe to say, Buhari is our darling daddy.
When last did you see the vulture griller on this furum? I guess he has ran back to his trench
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Okoroawusa: 9:59am On Feb 17, 2023
Dfather1:

You are not loyal, why would you withdraw your support for Tinubu at this point when he needs it the most?
Leave that one he was never a supporter
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Draslo(m): 9:59am On Feb 17, 2023
Urheadmaster:
tongue
Go back to your hometown and live and work there, I dare you
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Christistruth02: 10:00am On Feb 17, 2023
It that Endsars Mob. Again

They have been miserable since they failed to burn down Lagos

Buhari is in Abuja
Emefiele is in Abuja
Central Bank of Nigeria is in Abuja
Supreme court is in Abuja

So what are they attacking Lagos for a week before the Elections

Was it Sanwo Olu that redesigned the Naira?
Re: Chaos In Mile 12, Lagos As Riot Breaks-Out Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes by Blazebond(m): 10:01am On Feb 17, 2023
SmartPolician:
It's such a shame that people in rural communities who don't have access to banks and internet are complaining about Naira scarcity and people who live in Lagos are even protesting.

Well, I maintain that our biggest challenge is our obsession with cash and it's contributing to these protests. I just hope they don't turn around and blame it on the Igbos after destroying things in Lagos (as always). grin

What is wrong with cash? Don't they use cash in the so called civilized nations. That myopic people like you constantly adore,you want to blindly follow other people's procedures without planning,na copy copy go kill una.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Serving Nigeria Costs Me At Least A Million Dollars Every Year, Says Kachikwu / Obasanjo: I Am Not An Ex Military Man But A Former Military Man / Edo Woman Meets Peter Obi, Sheds Tears Of Joy- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.