Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years (49343 Views)

Kaduna Government Regrets Killings/Kidnappings, Reacts To El-Rufai's Old Video / Afe Babalola: "Extend Retirement Age Of Supreme Court Justices To 100 Years" / Ango Abdullahi: North May Keep Presidency For 100 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by BluntTheApostle(m): 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2023
cocoboss:
The short demented midget has a lot of balls only because he knows he is dealing with his fellow northern brother a southern governor dare not try this with buhari

Well hell rufai I’d really love to see you try this with PETER OBI
I would love to see you try ..
I know you’re a coward yes you’re just reaping the benefits of tribalism and nepotism

You people have started with your ignorance again.

Nigeria is a federal state.

In Federal states, governors enjoy a lot of clout. In fact, they are regarded more powerful than presidents.

When DSS was sent to arrest Apostle Suleman Johnson commando-style for incitement, it was Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti state that saved Suleiman.

What would Peter Obi do differently?

Would he arrest El Rufai?

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by olarent: 12:13pm On Feb 17, 2023
Apology for the words I choose to use,so many people are mad on this forum and we do not allow our common sense to funtion.No body is saying cashless policy or naira redisgn is not ok but cbn implementation is woefull.Cbn said you can only withdraw cash of #500k as against #2.5 as a saving account holder in a week ,#5m for cooperate as against #15 a week but make the money available became problem.if a common man can withdraw the amount mention above no problem but make its scarce cause the problem and that is elrufia and others people point.Me as a banker I saw the money first time as late as January in the hand of customers how do you want common man to survive when our commerce is informal plus bad banking network.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by OGHENAOGIE(m): 12:14pm On Feb 17, 2023
Haryour12:
El rufai is going too far
He really should be dealt with
you think say na buhari appiont am...he is a governor to his people and is doing everything to ensure no crises in kaduna...
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Mccullum: 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
Everyone understands this fracas, if he didn't propose Kaduna State currency, it's still Nigeria naira, FG can't do anything against him because he's enjoying immunity under law. A state has the power to make their own law within the ambit of Nigerian constitution.
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Nostring: 12:15pm On Feb 17, 2023
Ubdavis:

Is this calming the situation or exacerbating it. Ok. Let's see how this one would pan out.
lol what do u expect him to do ??Wear amor carry sword lead his ppl to go fight emefiele and Buhari??
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Nobody: 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
I like this . Even though I don't like him I support him
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Nostring: 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
Bluffly:

He is not. This people have stashed cash
so na eye service? I no doubt am tho lol
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by tofolo(m): 12:16pm On Feb 17, 2023
tstx:
This man has gone raving mad
you dey mind am, banks are not collecting let see him seal dem off na grin
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Faposky95: 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
cocoboss:
The short demented midget has a lot of balls only because he knows he is dealing with his fellow northern brother a southern governor dare not try this with buhari

Well hell rufai I’d really love to see you try this with PETER OBI
I would love to see you try ..
I know you’re a coward yes you’re just reaping the benefits of tribalism and nepotism

our South guys aint got the titanium balls
SIMPS everywhere you go
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Meti99(m): 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2023
darthv:
Who noticed that there has been no kidnap, bandit cases since the beginning of this naira saga
That's a big lie
Kidnappings reduced since last year June the moment jagaban won the primaries
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by MoneyMustBMade(m): 12:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
This shortman is already feeling like president Coz he knows that they are the one contesting not tinubu
Tinubu is suffering from dementia

Elrufai that 22billion cash you stole from the people of your state will decay unde your custody. Amen

This is the reason you're fighting Peter obi coz you're a thief

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by gbengaeed(m): 12:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
darthv:
Who noticed that there has been no kidnap, bandit cases since the beginning of this naira saga

Normally those thing still at the level at which they happen, but because the media has see something that can give them more viewing and talking point that is why they drop insecurity news. if they want to feast on safety news you would see how they will amplify road accident and kitchen accident news. its all about interest.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by IpobAntidote: 12:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
blackgold2018:
someone that is fighting for himself. Fooool
Dumbest idiot. Your father is a big fool.
You have been brainwashed beyond repair. I will not even try to talk sense into your empty skull.

BYE
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Karemarealty288(m): 12:18pm On Feb 17, 2023
Just like someone said on twitter and I Quote " El Midgeti has created a Republic in Nigeria...The State Republic Of Kaduna
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by cocoboss(m): 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
BluntTheApostle:

You people have started with your ignorance again.

Nigeria is a federal state.

In Federal states, governors enjoy a lot of clout. In fact, they are regarded more powerful than presidents.

When DSS was sent to arrest Apostle Suleman Johnson commando-style for incitement, it was Governor Ayo Fayose of Ekiti state that saved Suleiman.

What would Peter Obi do differently?

Would he arrest El Rufai?

Wait till he gets there you will know and witness why no one can be powerful than a president
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Ruthless70: 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
darthv:

Who told you...
What I expected you to say is Herdsmen killing reduced drastically, as their patron leaving the office
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Buhari order
El-rufai order
Supreme Court order.

Which one una want make dem follow?
Seems El-Rufai is the CBN governor o, Emefiele na just placeholder

The current 100 naira notes we have now were not rushed the way they rushed this current new notes. It was a gradual process. Not this period that since it was even decreed in 2022, no enforcements were put in place for Banks to follow due protocols. They kept dispensing old notes even till February. I only recently started seeing the new notes late January and it was only Fidelity that was dispensing minimally. It got to the situation where the new notes were no where to be found and people needed cash badly and they had no choice than to start using old notes and spend them before the Feb 10th deadline. Most people still have old notes in their possession. And the best thing Emefiele could come up with was to fill a form online and go to any of CBN's benches to deposit old notes.
Now, how many people can afford to go CBN Branch to deposit even when the new notes are still not in circulation.
Why not allow banks to still swap old notes?.

This thing has really slowed down businesses all over Nigeria. And a state of anarchy is looming. Bank buildings and their staffs are being attacked. Bank managers are conniving with POS operators and fuel attendants to enrich their pockets. You buy money just to withdraw your own money. You stand in queue for hours to withdraw money wey u work for ; your own money wey dem dey limit you to 20k per day. Some banks in my area changed their to 5k per person so it would go round.

Many small businesses especially the illiterate or road side market women prefer cash over transfer. Most don't even accept transfer. They know the stress and cost of withdrawing money and would prefer you give them cash instead so they can buy their goods easily.

Even the cashless policy everyone is yapping about is even an abysmal failure. You would make a transaction and it would take hours for the other party to confirm it. There are also events of money reversal, network issues, irresponsive bank apps and even to go complain to the bank about "hanging money" issues would require many working days before the money appears in the affected party's account.
This policy is good quite all right but it came at the wrong time.
Even CBN complained about lack of paper to print money. This shows they were not even prepared and had no strategic plan in place. And I m also laughing at those saying this policy was done to prevent politicians from vote-buying. All these politicians hiding their loots have all swapped their monies to new currencies. Wait till election day and see new money flying around. This policy was meant to even encourage vote-buying massively.
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by EmekaBlue(m): 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Let buhari pick him up using DSS and whoop his small ass

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by kiltoko1(m): 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Soon you will tell us what we need to know.... because something is wrong in aso rock,
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by stormborn28(m): 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
27Pushing30:

Please go to ANY bank in Nigeria (NOT CBN ) and deposit your notes. Don;t be ignorant of the law.

You can only deposit your old notes with CBN not any other banks. Banks are not authorize to collect old note after 10th February, 2023.
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by MichaelSokoto(m): 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
dis one wan scam d entire ppl of Kaduna state in one full sweep!

cool

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by MMpeaceman: 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2023
Yes, it will be but i pray that CBN destroy old notes in their possession so these corrupt leaders hiding billions to buy votes and other criminals lose what they have. Mr we must buy votes

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Atlantis585: 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
The president of Kaduna has spoken

2 Likes

Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Iwedunloye: 12:20pm On Feb 17, 2023
Blake755:
Shame to those who voted buhari not once but twice because he is your kinsman 💯

What about those that voted Ortom and Ikpeazu twice
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by torqque7(m): 12:21pm On Feb 17, 2023
I don’t understand is it that this man cannot be removed by the President or arrested?abi President Buhari and Presidency de fear the Migit?because he is going against what the president said and is trying to make his own government, this is a direct challenge to the president from a mere governor who we heard was slapped before by his vice for his irrational behavior.
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Dshocker(m): 12:22pm On Feb 17, 2023
El Rufai lacks or have no power to speak over the Naira.
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Blake755: 12:23pm On Feb 17, 2023
Iwedunloye:

What about those that voted Ortom and Ikpeazu twice
Same as them from local level to presidential level
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by DMCA: 12:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
darthv:

E the pain am say bandits no fit operate again.

Bandit sponsors
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by stormborn28(m): 12:24pm On Feb 17, 2023
Meti99:

That's a big lie
Kidnappings reduced since last year June the moment jagaban won the primaries

Meaning jagaban was responsible for the kidnapping. Waoooow
Re: El-Rufai: Old Naira Notes Valid For The Next 100 Years by Killermamba: 12:24pm On Feb 17, 2023

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Missing Chibok Schoolgirl Calls Her Father / "No Water, No Food" - Soldiers Beg Buhari To Help Them (Video) / The 'Art ICT Center' Dino Melaye Built In Kogi State (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.