Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? (13819 Views)

Remote Workers: How Do You Cope With Foreign Accents At Work? / Govt And Private Firms Workers: How Are You Coping With High Transport Costs? / 15k Salary As A Graduate: How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by cpu2006(m): 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
SmartGadgetz:
I trek from mushin to Ajah for work everyday.
Now my official shoe heel is completely flat like canvas.

Normally, I wake up from sleep each morning by 3am to take my bath, dress up and off to trekking by 4:am.

Sometimes, very early in the morning while in my way to work, anytime I get fo the 3rd mainland bridge, one mind always tell me to jump into the river due to frustration, the other mind will at the same time tell me to present like someone that want to jump inside the lagoon to get people attention that I may jam my destiny helper while doing this...

Again, as you all know that to be mad is not the problem but too much waka na the problem that mad people complain about.,,but I always remind myself that im not a madman, every now and then.

One day, as of last week while going to work, I picked #1k on the ground, I no mind to turn yam at least to be useful to someone but unfortunately it didn't happen.... I

Should I continue šŸ˜„

aye e
Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by ukehnonny: 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
grin
Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by BATified2023: 5:02pm On Feb 20, 2023
MITCHELL96:
I'm wondering what urchins will comment on this post šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
a
Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by ubest1(m): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
All those that brought this APC govt can suffer till eternity, I don't even pity them I just drive pass

2 Likes

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by computer0810(m): 5:03pm On Feb 20, 2023
Tinubu has foreseen everything and he spoke out immediately

4 Likes

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by sofeo(m): 5:04pm On Feb 20, 2023
Alright.

Check my signature
Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by olgaa14: 5:05pm On Feb 20, 2023
[quote author=ecolime post=121076091][/quote]
Slaves love their chains.
Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Teacherjobs: 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2023
Work online, your money is on auto
Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by ubest1(m): 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2023
Stop declaring sickness on ur daughter word from the mouth is powerful, that girl is not the origin of ur suffer

Amatrillion:
For me, I constantly give excuse from time to time in order to save me transport and to feed my family.

Excuse like.....good morning sir, my daughter is very sick , and need to rush her to hospital. The next thing, they will grant me approval..sharp sharp..

2 Likes

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Randy111(m): 5:06pm On Feb 20, 2023
SmartGadgetz:

Normally, I wake up from sleep each morning by 3am to take my bath, dress up and off to trekking by 4:am.

Sometimes, very early in the morning while in my way to work, anytime I get fo the 3rd mainland bridge, one mind always tell me to jump into the river due to frustration, the other mind will at the same time tell me to present like someone that want to jump inside the lagoon to get people attention that I may jam my destiny helper while doing this...

Again, as you all know that to be mad is not the problem but too much waka na the problem that mad people complain about.,,but I always remind myself that im not a madman, every now and then.

One day, as of last week while going to work, I picked #1k on the ground, I no mind to turn yam at least to be useful to someone but unfortunately it didn't happen.... I

Should I continue šŸ˜„

Lol... If I were you na to resign begin join ā€™I go dieā€™ run night of a thousand laff I swear. Infact you go sell pass Gordons

1 Like

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Angelfrost(m): 5:10pm On Feb 20, 2023
COVID-19 period all over again!

Men are now isolating... Not because there's a pandemic! Merely due to the scarcity of cash and fuel!

APC and Buhari! What a legacy!

Whatever we blamed PDP for messing up in 16 years, APC has succeeded in annihilating in just half that time!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by TheGift: 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2023
I am not an office worker, but here as an employer, to find out what/if more I can do for my staff, particularly to alleviate transport and feeding stress for them and family.
Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by backnbeta(f): 5:13pm On Feb 20, 2023
My meat man begged me to buy meat and transfer or pay cash later, anytime it's convenient for me. He said he has been buying less than half of what he buys for sometime, yet he has been selling on credit to food vendors. As forme, I have been taking as many people as my car can, everyday...but I will disappoint them all tomorrow because I'm not going to work till next week Monday undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Anonymoususher: 5:14pm On Feb 20, 2023
updatechange:
Iā€™ve not been able to go to work for about a week now, thereā€™s no where to get cash, all the pos operators donā€™t have cash, atms donā€™t dispense cash banks wonā€™t even open talk more of getting cash.

I already communicated with my boss on how things are happening over here but still scared somehow might be relieved off my duty if care isnā€™t taking.

To buy food now, I always transfer money to the food vendors around and start buying till I exhaust the money and send another. If u ask them for cash u wonā€™t get but u can buy and pay with transfer.

In fact cash is just like HIV now, if u ask anyone what u will here is ā€œI no get o!ā€
My tired is really tired.šŸ˜”

If I am your boss I am definitely going to fire you. You can't be serious.

Shey na only you dey naija wey u no see cash for about a week. Come on dude
Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by updatechange(m): 5:18pm On Feb 20, 2023
Anonymoususher:

If I am your boss I am definitely going to fire you. You can't be serious.

Shey na only you dey naija wey u no see cash for about a week. Come on dude

Okay u expect me to grow wings and fly to work abi?

Btw I have people who can cover up for me at workā€¦ besides they need me more than I needed them.

Do you know have many businesses that have shut down due to this cash scarcity abi e no reach your side?

6 Likes

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Anonymoususher: 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2023
For me I am not a salary earner but I have learnt to adapt to the situation.

First for fuel, I cut that off completely at home by choosing to fix rechargeable bulbs in all my rooms including toilet and kitchen. I also went further to buy rechargeable fans in the house, and also a good power bank for my laptop and phone.

So when there is no light, I just switch on the bulbs and I can find my way around, at night I sleep with the fan and when phone is down I charge both laptop and phone with the power bank. By dawn I just plug the fans and power bank to light and go out. By the time I come back, they must have charged.

No need burning fuel and running gen. Infact that gen seems useless to me now, I might sell it.

For the cash part. I used to eat out before but now I had to go fill my gas, get a new gas cooker and a deep freezer. On Saturday I cook soup and stew, then Sunday I cook beans and another kind-of soup and just store in the freezer. When I come back I only have to defrost the portion I need and eat.

That has enabled me to cut down dependency on cash alot. I only need cash when I need to jump buses, else if I am driving, filling stations accept transfer or POS

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Anonymoususher: 5:23pm On Feb 20, 2023
updatechange:

Okay u expect me to grow wings and fly to work abi?

Btw I have people who can cover up for me at workā€¦ besides they need me more than I needed them.

Do you know have many businesses that have shut down due to this cash scarcity abi e no reach your side?

No one is indispensable. Maybe it's a small organization

1 Like

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Glowqueen3(f): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2023
DZTech:
are banks really not opening tomorrow? shocked
Is it tomorrow that bank is not open
Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by victorVIC1(m): 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2023
This period has made me to appreciate working remotely. I really wonder how those who are shuffling daily between Lagos Mainland and Island are coping

2 Likes

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by CANTICLES: 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2023
nautybride:
angry
My bosses aren't the understanding type. They want the job done and you must be available. I have prayed never to have such bosses anymore in my life.
I have even vouch that I must rise and would be a considerate boss and my maker should give me good hearted colleagues.

Good resolve u made there. I like that you are not allowing those toxic bosses change you to a tyrant like them

4 Likes

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Nnefada: 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
BATified2023:
I wonder how igbos are coping since they believe only tinubu needs cash

Reasonable Nigerians I implore u to avoid voting more hardship in the name of voting atiku or peter obi, they will only add to your miseries cos they will continue this anti people policy

Imagine psquare who lives in highbrow area telling u to endure when u canā€™t even have access to the 5k in your account

Someone who have millions in his account is telling u to endure n keep using 1500 to withdraw 5k from Pos n u think he wants d best for u

Validatedā€¦.a known Igbo n a peter obi supporter made it clear here on nairaland that once peter obi is elected security operatives will search u on d street n search your homes for old notes n once they found one u will b jailed for good 21 years

Imagine been jailed on your hard earned money?

Validated n many igbos like him believe the old note with u is what u use to support tinubu so once u are caught with it u must b sentenced..

My people will u willingly submit yourself to people who will jail u for having old notes even when there are no new note?

Donā€™t fall for this Igbo agenda, peter obi will continue the policy n just like nnamdi kanu during his prime, obi will never b wrongā€¦..they will keep telling u to endure like anambra people did for good 8 years when obi kept their money in his daughter account n even used some to grow his stakes in fidelity bank

Voting for obi is like having nnamdi kanu part 2 on all Nigerians
Once they donā€™t want u to do anything, they kill u once u try it, u can see their Monday sit at home

The same line of ā€œlets endureā€ they used when unknown gunmen were killing people n they thought it will hurt buhari is still d same line of letā€™s endure they are telling u now

Nigerians ronu ooo
Abeg try another strategy, this one no work.

4 Likes

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Danniedpastor(m): 5:29pm On Feb 20, 2023
BATified2023:

Reasonable Nigerians I implore u to avoid voting more hardship in the name of voting atiku or peter obi, they will only add to your miseries cos they will continue this anti people policy

Imagine psquare who lives in highbrow area telling u to endure when u canā€™t even have access to the 5k in your account

Someone who have millions in his account is telling u to endure n keep using 1500 to withdraw 5k from Pos n u think he wants d best for u

Validatedā€¦.a known Igbo n a peter obi supporter made it clear here on nairaland that once peter obi is elected security operatives will search u on d street n search your homes for old notes n once they found one u will b jailed for good 21 years

Validated n many igbos like him believe the old note with u is what u use to support tinubu so once u are caught with it u must b sentenced..

My people will u willingly submit yourself to people who will jail u for having old notes even when there are no new note?

Donā€™t fall for this Igbo agenda, peter obi will continue the policy n just like nnamdi kanu during his prime, obi will never b wrongā€¦..they will keep telling u to endure like anambra people did for good 8 years when obi kept their money in his daughter account n even used some to grow his stakes in fidelity bank

Once they donā€™t want u to do anything, they kill u once u try it, u can see their Monday sit at home

The same line of ā€œlets endureā€ they used when unknown gunmen were killing people n they thought it will hurt buhari is still d same line of letā€™s endure they are telling u now

Nigerians ronu ooo
Long write up just to talk nonsense and insult a whole tribe.
Orue!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by OB7Foreva(m): 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2023
How could a grown up man be so dumb to compose this piece of shit
BATified2023:

Nigerians ronu ooo

6 Likes

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by BATified2023: 5:30pm On Feb 20, 2023
Danniedpastor:

Long write up just to talk nonsense and insult a whole tribe.
Orue!!!
emeka

Stopping your Igbo agenda is a joint task by reasonable Nigerians

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by victorVIC1(m): 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2023
SmartGadgetz:

Should I continue šŸ˜„

Wow...God go bless your hustle
Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by BigBashiru: 5:31pm On Feb 20, 2023
SmartGadgetz:

Should I continue šŸ˜„

The negro (black man) still fails to understand everything is not a joke or meme.
Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Eraddray(m): 5:32pm On Feb 20, 2023
By now,with the rate of hardship in this country...I don't expect anyone to go to work..most especially civil servants... NLC should be at the fore front beating a loud drum of Strike actions and shutting down the whole damaged economy...
But the system is so corrupt or the current president install his people in that position for a purpose like this... Either ways...
We're so fu**cked in this country šŸ’Æ

2 Likes

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Bluntemperor: 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2023
easzypeaszy:
My office just declared dat we shld all be workin frm home
I dey hungry since morning now no food
I go buy stuffs frm Grand square dey nvr see alert and me sef no fit wait again and u no fit carry goods
SHAME ON EVERYONE SHOUTIN ITS A GOOD IDEA
LET ME SEE IF AFTER ELECTION U WL STIL CONTINUE SAYIN ITS A GOOD IDEA

Those who see tomorrow!
Tinubu was the first to criticized this ridiculous Emefiele nonsense Cashless Policy and the No Fuel issues!
Didn't we have change of Naira Currency before this time or why is this one done in a hush-hush manner by one man called the CBN governor?
A Policy that affects the life-line,small and medium businesses of the Masses cannot be said to be good but was not properly planned and executed well!
How can Nigerians be suffering like this as their Money all locked up in the CBN and Banks.
Today, Banking industry is on fire- in Ogun State for instance because of irate poor People,who felt that they are being punished unjustly!
Well, elections will come and go and when we prepared for another elections in four years time,are we going to change the Naira again?
Very terrible situations!

2 Likes

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by updatechange(m): 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2023
Anonymoususher:

No one is indispensable. Maybe it's a small organization

Lol, of course no one is indispensable even the director himself cos if he kpai e don move be that.

That being said, Iā€™m a fvcking DJ not your regular 9-5 job pusher.
I work on my own termsā€¦ 3 days a week, resumes at 10pm and get paid in 6 figures every month.

1 Like

Re: Petrol And Cash Scarcity: Office Workers, How Are You Coping? by Aldol: 5:36pm On Feb 20, 2023
BATified2023:

Nigerians ronu ooo
Thank you for this,you sabi this people in and out. You raised valid points

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) / Maximize Your Talents: 10 Questions That Will Help Shape Your Career / #FOREXCrisis: Food And Beverage Sector To Sack 3m Workers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.