Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,236 members, 7,815,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? (11394 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by osazsky(m): 8:20am On Feb 19, 2023
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss
no...give alms to d needy..everybody must get sense ...obi
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Ezeama400: 8:22am On Feb 19, 2023
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss

Tithe is diffent from alms giving
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by PointZerom: 8:27am On Feb 19, 2023
desiredhome:

So what is the 10% as contributed by the others used for? Don't tell me church this or that because every other thing needed are contributed for for .......

Do you know how many church workers that receive salary in Winners?
Do you know how many that bn sponsored on one thing or the other?

If you think you're giving to the pastor pls keep your money and don't discourage others.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Tochj(m): 8:33am On Feb 19, 2023
kingsways:
You can help the needy if you want but you cannot give your tithe to them because they are not your God.

Your tithe is to be taken to House of God
The instructions are
1. Take it to the church
2. Buy what you like with it
3.Share it into 3 places
Eat one
Give the pastor one
Give the poor one

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Segzy19: 8:33am On Feb 19, 2023
We are not commanded to give it to the needy.

We were told to bring it to the house of God in Malachi...

We were not told to give it to the needy.
No one gave his or her tithes to the needy in the bible
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by osazsky(m): 8:36am On Feb 19, 2023
Tochj:

The instructions are
1. Take it to the church
2. Buy what you like with it
3.Share it into 3 places
Eat one
Give the pastor one
Give the poor one
give alms to the needy and pay ur tithe and offering to tye church..if pastor priest biship shop am it shouldnt be ur biz ....mind ur biz..everybody must get sense Both foolish people way wan use vocabulary change the bible..una must get sense by force including muslims..obi
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by larry4ice(m): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2023
I'm quoting this because I'm sure the writer has a lot of sense @Angelfrost

Angelfrost:
Gather and discuss what again?!!

This issue has been over-flogged needlessly on this forum!

If you don't wish to pay a tithe, then don't! It doesn't affect your standing in Christ!

Helping those in need is basically the foundation of true religion! Calling it tithe is your choice!
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Tochj(m): 8:37am On Feb 19, 2023
verybadmouth:
Tithing is a religious practice where individuals are expected to give a portion of their income or resources to support their church or religious organization. The concept of tithing is found in many religions, including Christianity, Judaism, and Islam.

In Christianity, tithing is generally understood to be a practice where individuals give 10% of their income to the church. However, there is some variation in how different Christian denominations interpret and practice tithing.

In terms of who is meant to pay tithes, it is generally considered to be a personal choice and responsibility. Some people believe that tithing is a requirement for all members of their religious community, while others see it as a voluntary act of faith.

Ultimately, whether or not to tithe and how much to give is a decision that each individual must make based on their own beliefs and financial situation.

In the Bible, tithing is mentioned in the Old Testament in several places, including the books of Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. In these passages, tithing is commanded as a practice for the Israelites, who were to give one-tenth of their agricultural produce and livestock to the priests and Levites who served in the temple.

In the New Testament, Jesus affirms the practice of tithing in Matthew 23:23, where he criticizes the religious leaders for neglecting justice, mercy, and faithfulness while still paying tithes. However, it is important to note that Jesus does not give specific instructions on how or when to tithe, and the practice of tithing is not as explicitly commanded in the New Testament as it is in the Old Testament.

Overall, while the biblical concept of tithing is rooted in the Old Testament and the practice of giving to support religious leaders and the temple, the specific instructions and expectations for tithing can vary among different Christian denominations and individual believers.
Those Jesus spoke to in the New testament are still under the law of moses
They have levites just like moses era.
Nothing like tithe in the new testament.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by MrColdsweat: 8:37am On Feb 19, 2023
It's the right thing to do.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by tayuu: 8:38am On Feb 19, 2023
temitope27:
Tithes are meant to be paid by Jews and to the levith

We are not Jews, and non of our pastors are decendant of Levi
It means you don't believe in the words of God ..you better get light to know deep things of God,mystery of prosperity is real

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by MrColdsweat: 8:39am On Feb 19, 2023
kingsways:
You can help the needy if you want but you cannot give your tithe to them because they are not your God.

And who told you that building you call a church is the house of God almighty?

How can God who is everywhere have a house?

The church is not the house of God.
The church is just a place of worship.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by osazsky(m): 8:40am On Feb 19, 2023
larry4ice:
I'm quoting this because I'm sure the writer has a lot of sense @Angelfrost

alms to needy even if it 10billion thite to the chuch...then 20naira offering to the chc then 2m for thksgiving at the end of the year..all of una must acept christ..obi...everybody must get sense.if u no get sense be ready for the cain
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by kunle75(m): 8:40am On Feb 19, 2023
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss

I stopped paying this January 2023 and I have decided to give it to whomever I wish to.

No more pastors collecting my money for free
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Tochj(m): 8:40am On Feb 19, 2023
osazsky:
give alms to the needy and pay ur tithe and offering to tye church..if pastor priest biship shop am it shouldnt be ur biz ....mind ur biz..everybody must get sense Both foolish people way wan use vocabulary change the bible..una must get sense by force including muslims..obi
No single instruction in the bible asked u to give whole 10 percent to the church.
You can decide to even give more than 50 percent but no single instruction on that from old to New testament.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by osazsky(m): 8:41am On Feb 19, 2023
Tochj:

No single instruction in the bible asked u to give whole 10 percent to the church.
You can decide to even give more than 50 percent but no single instruction on that from old to New testament.
ok ...mumu..did the new testament tell u to give 10 percent of 10billi9n to d poor as alms....idiot
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by osazsky(m): 8:44am On Feb 19, 2023
kunle75:

I stopped paying this January 2023 and I have decided to give it to whomever I wish to.

No more pastors collecting my money for free
financial problem go kill this one he go they do 33 jobs at the age of 60 he go stil they trek
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by desiredhome: 8:45am On Feb 19, 2023
PointZerom:

If you think you're giving to the pastor pls keep your money and don't discourage others.

The reason for church is not to take from the people and give to other people, church is more or less a charity organization if you understand that.......... The pastorprenours are only trading human for profit (slavery)....

Danote and other big businessmen are rich today because they produce products that serves the society, that is what make them rich, they still have thousands of Nigerians/foreigners on his payroll......
your god of men trade on human (the gullible) thereby creating more poverty......

think
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by MightySparrow: 8:46am On Feb 19, 2023
temitope27:

Hian?
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Tochj(m): 8:47am On Feb 19, 2023
osazsky:
ok ...mumu..did the new testament tell u to give 10 percent of 10billi9n to d poor as alms....idiot
Oga this is a Christian forum
Where mumu follow enter.
Grow up pls.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by desiredhome: 8:47am On Feb 19, 2023
PointZerom:

Church workers receiving salaries for what exactly? What is their source of income if not collecting from Peter to pay Paul?.......
Use your head .....
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by MightySparrow: 8:48am On Feb 19, 2023
Ekundayo7574:
Yes I don't give my tithe to any church I use to give that to my mum, I don't believe in any church as far as I'm concerned

So whatever you don't believe should not be practiced in the church ba?
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by famousroland(m): 8:48am On Feb 19, 2023
Short answer…
There’s a different between Tithing and Giving.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by fastseo: 8:52am On Feb 19, 2023
temitope27:

It was paid for a reason. So that they might be food or meat in the temple. House of worship.

Today we Christian are have our place of worship which we ought to support so that the place can be functional.

Even jesus said we should also support the work of God and give support to those carrying out kingdom assignments Mark 9:41

Even the native doctors and their clients have sacrifice they performed every year , beginning of the month etc.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by sonmvayina(m): 8:54am On Feb 19, 2023
temitope27:

Somebody finally gets it..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by kunle75(m): 8:55am On Feb 19, 2023
osazsky:
financial problem go kill this one he go they do 33 jobs at the age of 60 he go stil they trek

Really ?

I hope say u no dey whine me ooo.

Am blessed already and my children are free from financial wahala too.

I don't know about you.
Maybe u should mind ya business a bit

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by spencekat(m): 8:56am On Feb 19, 2023
How many times una dey bring this topic?
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by naniawini(f): 8:57am On Feb 19, 2023
How many times we go answer this kweshun😒🙄
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by MrMandilas: 8:57am On Feb 19, 2023
kingsways:

Read deuteronomy 26- 12 -13

You'll understand that tithes is not just for the church. Widows,fatherless,and strangers are included.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by PointZerom: 8:58am On Feb 19, 2023
desiredhome:

Church workers receiving salaries for what exactly? What is their source of income if not collecting from Peter to pay Paul?.......
Use your head .....

Some churches have over 100 drivers,
over 30 cleaners, over 50 office workers etc.
Add the needy and the widows etc.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by orazx: 9:00am On Feb 19, 2023
My Priest will tell you that you can pay your tithes to the Needy or those that need help.
Don’t be fooled
We drop offerings
We bring thanksgiving gifts
We Pay for development fee
Launching
Tithes too

Make those Pastors too get a Job and see how easy it is to pay all of those things.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by phemmyfour: 9:24am On Feb 19, 2023
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss
That's the whole essence of tithing. To assist one another
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Lavida486: 9:26am On Feb 19, 2023
iramure:
No Nigeria pastor is qualified to collect tithe, the reason for promoting tithe doctrine is for selfish motive. No wonder Nigeria is home to world richest religious merchants because we don't think critically in this nation and the continent at large. Tithe is a scam.
yes to a conceivable extent i will agree with you,tithe as long as am concerned is a big scam in as much as the pastors does not use the tithe for what it's ought to be used for,(helping needy is not in any of their agenda rather they use the money to expand their private business. Pastors are scammers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

226 Comments On A Topic By People Asking Me To Join Illuminati / The Evolution Myth And The ‘God Question' / Why Does The Bible 'God' Love The Smell Of Burning Flesh?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.