Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,921 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? (11407 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by SeriouslySense(m): 5:19pm On Feb 19, 2023
smiley smiley, May God guide our hearts, and what i write, but, i think we should scrap this tithing in Nigeria, until we learn to be authentic and work with Gods spirit.

There is no need to give or collect money for now, let us focus on Jesus. Then if we want to give we should do it out of a cheerful heart and use our gift wisely.

Lets Leave tithing alone, focus on building the Church. Focus on helping each other to become more Christ-like, Our hope and all.

Odingo1:
Nigeria have high crime rate because you give your tithe to your pastors instead of helping the needy thus you end up living in insecurity.

Your pastors use the tithe money to buy bulletproof cars, private jets made in Europe thereby developing the European economy.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by xproducer: 5:38pm On Feb 19, 2023
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss

According to the infallible word of GOD... yes!

Giving to the Needy - Matthew 6:1-4 (ESV)

Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by desiredhome: 8:14pm On Feb 19, 2023
Biosam13:
God only command you to give 10% not 100% God is mercyful not like man who can take it all from you.
Stop lying ontop God's head, and making it look like God is wicked and scammers like you.... when and where in the Bible did God command you to bring 10% of your money to Him?
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by anthropizzy(m): 9:01pm On Feb 19, 2023
AntiChristian:
Help the needy! You don't need any tithe!
.Upon all the tithe you paid you still can't attend church school!

Bless you

Sense 2 much
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by anthropizzy(m): 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2023
Honchoslim16:
One funny thing is pastors tell you old testament are past things... While the new testament is a new beginning in christ.

But when it comes to money.. They quickly run to Malachi 😂😂

No mind them o

Yeye set of pastors

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by emmyileri(m): 11:24pm On Feb 19, 2023
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by zomoears(m): 12:28am On Feb 20, 2023
Righthussle:
As a Christain, it is not proper to give your "tithe" to the needy . How will the work of your God be done without money ?

The Christain God, the God of Israel whom Christains whorship is a god that needs money to do his work. Unless you don't want his work to be done.

(Deuteronomy 14:28) When you have finished tithing all the tithes of your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give them to the Levite, the stranger, the orphan, and the widow, so that they can eat to satiety in your cities.

1. Tithing is once every 3 years(in the third year, the year of the tithe…)
2. God in the Bible specifies the beneficiaries of the tithe I.e widows,levites,fatherless etc.

Not one scandalous pastor o!
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by OLULAW: 1:43am On Feb 20, 2023
"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me" (Matthew 25:40, 45, NIV)
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Nobody: 2:19am On Feb 20, 2023
stanluiz:
South Africa is truly the pride and giant of Africa.

A country with balls. No wonder they are chiarman of BRICS.

South Africa has visionary leaders that care about their country and protect their National interest.

Nigeria on the other hand is the giant of Africa in poverty, hunger , and backwardness. She has vowed to remain a British and western puppet.

The people keep voting for Criminals and kleptomaniacs in public offices. Nigeria politicians only knows how to steal, loot and embezzle public funds. Nothing more! Nothing less!

Wetin concern them with National building and National interest. All they know is how to steal, steal and steal until nothing is left.

Bunch of Unpatriotic fellows and the useless citizens that are supporting the same politicians that impoverished them due to some primitives ethnic and religious sentiment.

No wonder the nation is almost a failed country and a hellhole.

South Africa is going forward while Nigeria is going backward. That's the reality.

If Nigeria elect one the Criminals, either the drug lord mafia of Lagos or the mikano thief instead of Peter obi, then it is over for them.

Winterhaven:
After all these sufferings, if that social media president doesn't win the forth coming election, it'll be double whammy for his supporters.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by optm(m): 3:58am On Feb 20, 2023
Doing Charity isn't same as paying tithe

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Righthussle: 5:50am On Feb 20, 2023
zomoears:

(Deuteronomy 14:28) When you have finished tithing all the tithes of your produce in the third year, the year of the tithe, you shall give them to the Levite, the stranger, the orphan, and the widow, so that they can eat to satiety in your cities.

1. Tithing is once every 3 years(in the third year, the year of the tithe…)
2. God in the Bible specifies the beneficiaries of the tithe I.e widows,levites,fatherless etc.

Not one scandalous pastor o!

Who is a Levite?
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by zomoears(m): 6:51am On Feb 20, 2023
Righthussle:

Who is a Levite?

Did you see widows and fatherless there? Did you also see every three years there? Tell me where any of your scam-driven pastors ever mentioned that you should take your tithes to the orphans/widows. Don’t they always insist that you should bring it to them?

Anyways, a Levite in those days were volunteers in the house of God, assistants to priests, who maintained a place of worship. They had no jobs, and it was expected that worshippers/believers take care of their basic needs of food and clothing. The tithes were not meant for priests.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by girlygirlyMain: 7:56am On Feb 20, 2023
Malachi 3 vs 6 - 12 answers this question!

Charity is different from tithe paying.
Charity is from your 90%

But recalcitrant so-called Christians will come out and start playing at words...

PAY YOUR TITHE OOH
DON'T PLAY YOURSELVES

SHALOM!!!

Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Tobyrichard: 7:24pm On Feb 21, 2023
Thazard
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by innovestor(m): 4:31pm On Feb 22, 2023
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by innovestor(m): 4:35pm On Feb 22, 2023
girlygirlyMain:
Malachi 3 vs 6 - 12 answers this question!

Charity is different from tithe paying.
Charity is from your 90%

But recalcitrant so-called Christians will come out and start playing at words...

PAY YOUR TITHE OOH
DON'T PLAY YOURSELVES

SHALOM!!!

You need to understand the difference between the old order and the present order first, then look into the purpose of tithing before you make your conclusion is it is applicable to day or not.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by emmyileri(m): 10:37am On Feb 23, 2023
innovestor:

SAME FALACY FROM OTHER "PASTORS" REGRUGITATED
NIV:For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.. 2 Corinthians 5:10
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by innovestor(m): 3:23pm On Feb 26, 2023
emmyileri:

NIV:For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.. 2 Corinthians 5:10

NIV: 12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? [/b]13 [b]God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you 1st Corinthians 5: 12-13

As long as anyone calls himself a christian, i have the right to cross examine what you teach if it is according to the scriptures. Where it is now, and i find out you are doing it for deceit and selfish gain, i will rebuke you openly and cast that satan out of you. Except you are not a christian, then i will leave you to God.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by emmyileri(m): 7:43pm On Feb 26, 2023
innovestor:

NIV: 12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? [/b]13 [b]God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you 1st Corinthians 5: 12-13

As long as anyone calls himself a christian, i have the right to cross examine what you teach if it is according to the scriptures. Where it is now, and i find out you are doing it for deceit and selfish gain, i will rebuke you openly and cast that satan out of you. Except you are not a christian, then i will leave you to God.
Your point of argument is on what exactly ? That Tithing is wrong or that your pastors are embezzling your tithe?
KJV:Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding... Proverbs 4:7
KJV:My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge Hosea 4:6a
I have the spirit of God in me and he taught me his ways. My message is an inspiration of the Holy spirit not man made or hearsay. You don't read meaning into the scripture, you ask the Holy Spirit to interpret for you. You don't read the scripture based on emotions, if you do, you'll miss it
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by innovestor(m): 8:14am On Feb 27, 2023
emmyileri:

Your point of argument is on what exactly ? That Tithing is wrong or that your pastors are embezzling your tithe?
KJV:Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding... Proverbs 4:7
KJV:My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge Hosea 4:6a
I have the spirit of God in me and he taught me his ways. My message is an inspiration of the Holy spirit not man made or hearsay. You don't read meaning into the scripture, you ask the Holy Spirit to interpret for you. You don't read the scripture based on emotions, if you do, you'll miss it

My point is that Tithing is wrong and that it's a source of embezzlement for your pastors.
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge Hosea 4:6a.
I dont read my meaning into scriptures, but i let scriptures clarify itself while i wait on the Spirit of God for understanding.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Download Free Gospel Music: Bob Dylan - Knockin' On Heaven's Door / Bishop Ezeokofor Reacts To Benue Killings / Apostle Johnson Suleman -the Oracle Of God Comes To Lagos!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.