Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? (11386 Views)

Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) / I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by kingkoboko: 7:20am On Feb 19, 2023
no allow any pastor/reverend to deceive u o

go read deuteronomy 14:22-29 by urself

if u go like join our whatsapp group for all religions, dm 80 22 77 66 80
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by temitope27(m): 7:24am On Feb 19, 2023
wordbank:

In that case nothing concern you and God as dem no mention your family for bible
of course dem mention my family, because Jesus said he came for the world, and am part of the world, jewish is a religion and not tribe, anyone who is a Jew is entitled to pay tithes

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Workch: 7:25am On Feb 19, 2023
YinkaOlusesi16:
is it proper to obey man and not GOD?
But God said I should eat my tithe.

Show me where God says that I should give it to a pastor

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Workch: 7:26am On Feb 19, 2023
kingsways:
You can help the needy if you want but you cannot give your tithe to them because they are not your God.

Your tithe is to be taken to House of God
show me the passage of the Bible that says so

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 19, 2023
No it's not proper, give your tithe to you Daddy in your church he needs it the most to maintain his lifestyle
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Bigseven(m): 7:32am On Feb 19, 2023
J
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by badBADbichh(f): 7:33am On Feb 19, 2023
PointZerom:
smiley

Why don't you give your salary to the needy, must it be your tithe which is 10% of your income?

You lack common sense
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Jones4190(m): 7:35am On Feb 19, 2023
tithes is no longer necessary again, it has been abolish

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by CHIDINMALOVE: 7:38am On Feb 19, 2023
Christianity is about following the steps Jesus took while on earth... I now ask... Did jesus pay tithe?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Buggiano(m): 7:39am On Feb 19, 2023
Life is the function of our choices.
Whatever choice you made, stand by it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Honchoslim16(m): 7:40am On Feb 19, 2023
It's meant to be paid to the Levites.

No African is related to Israel 🇮🇱 at all.... I still wonder how people got brainwashed by Christianity!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 19, 2023
You just said it NEEDY. This will fetch you more blessings than giving it to already rich person

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by PointZerom: 7:43am On Feb 19, 2023
badBADbichh:

You lack coming sense

Yours is worst.

Your salary is 100k
Tithe 10% which is 10k
Remaining 90k with you.

Your neighbor needs help and you can't help him from the 90k, you now put your eyes on the 10k tithe. Your tithe should be paid in the church that's the instruction.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Cutehector(m): 7:43am On Feb 19, 2023
kingsways:
You can help the needy if you want but you cannot give your tithe to them because they are not your God.

Your tithe is to be taken to House of God
i thought God healed the sick brfore going to the house of God?

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Honchoslim16(m): 7:43am On Feb 19, 2023
One funny thing is pastors tell you old testament are past things... While the new testament is a new beginning in christ.

But when it comes to money.. They quickly run to Malachi 😂😂

3 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Yankee101: 7:43am On Feb 19, 2023
ABSOLUTELY
INCLUDING YOUR FAMILY

Deuteronomy 14:29
so that the Levites (who have no allotment or inheritance of their own) and the foreigners, the fatherless and the widows who live in your towns may come and eat and be satisfied, and so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands.

26 b

Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the LORD your God and rejoice.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by MrSensor(m): 7:44am On Feb 19, 2023
temitope27:
Tithes are meant to be paid by Jews and to the levith

We are not Jews, and non of our pastors are decendant of Levi
you might be right.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by chukkystar(m): 7:44am On Feb 19, 2023
YES.. The Church was once the needy hence the reason for Tithes. Now Churches have turned out to be business centre's
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by PointZerom: 7:44am On Feb 19, 2023
CHIDINMALOVE:
Christianity is about following the steps Jesus took while on earth... I now ask... Did jesus pay tithe?

To understand this question, first of all ask yourself did Jesus Marry?
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by virginchaser(m): 7:44am On Feb 19, 2023
polite2:
I stopped giving my tithe to my church wen I discovered that the church does not care for the needy among us. They are only concerned in sending tithes to the GO.

few of us use our tithes to help the needy

It's a sad situation but we wouldn't stop serving him. I know of a former director in oil and gas who usually sits at the back. When church closes he will shake next brother sitting close to him and says God bless you brother, this is for you, a bag with some millions of naira in cash. He disappear into the parking lot before you finish opening the back and come out of the shock and opera. Thats the way he pays his own tithe.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by desiredhome: 7:49am On Feb 19, 2023
FOOTSOLDIER1:
NO

Obedience is better than sacrifice!
Obedience to God or obedience to god of man?........You can't bribe God,

That there will be meat in the house......malachi 3:10b, meaning the proceeds of the tithe is for all the church (members) especially the less privileged,
Today every dick tom and Harry are opening churches everywhere because of the misinterpretation of malachi 3:10.......
Where the congregants will be contributing to the church and the GO as the owner of the church will direct.......
They preach fear into their gullible members to part with their hard earned money to them grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, While they smile to the bank, living luxurious life style, the poor givers becomes poorer and in their ignorant/foolishness, and frustration, they start venting their anger on Buhari and APC government/politicians.........

Christianity in Nigeria have been taken over by the Mammon spirit of greed etc
The more you look the less you see

5 Likes

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by badBADbichh(f): 7:53am On Feb 19, 2023
PointZerom:

Yours is worst.

Your salary is 100k
Tithe 10% which is 10k
Remaining 90k with you.

Your neighbor needs help and you can't help him from the 90k, you now put your eyes on the 10k tithe. Your tithe should be paid in the church that's the instruction.

1 Like

Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Kelvin3476: 7:58am On Feb 19, 2023
temitope27:
Tithes are meant to be paid by Jews and to the levith

We are not Jews, and non of our pastors are decendant of Levi
WHAT CHAPTER OF THE BIBLE SAYS THIS ?
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Kelvin3476: 7:59am On Feb 19, 2023
kingkoboko:
no allow any pastor/reverend to deceive u o

go read deuteronomy 14:22-29 by urself

if u go like join our whatsapp group for all religions, dm 80 22 77 66 80

what abt malachi chapter 3 ?
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by desiredhome: 8:04am On Feb 19, 2023
PointZerom:

Yours is worst.

Your salary is 100k
Tithe 10% which is 10k
Remaining 90k with you.

So what is the 10% as contributed by the others used for? Don't tell me church this or that because every other thing needed are contributed for for .......
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Franking: 8:08am On Feb 19, 2023
Well, it's my money, I'll spend it how I deem fit.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by innovestor(m): 8:10am On Feb 19, 2023
I am sorry but your question is very foolish! What god do you serve that you will be so comfortable to give your money to it and let a starving person die of hunger?

Giving that money to the needy is more important than giving it to your congregation as tithe.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by ayo2008: 8:11am On Feb 19, 2023
Tithe? Y your tithe? Y not use part of the 90 percent?
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by denitro(m): 8:15am On Feb 19, 2023
purpose of Tithe:
Tithe is 10% of your increase annually.
It is giving to the church who then use it in specific area to further the work of God.
Areas like buildings construction, building rentals, printing of church publications, administrative, paid clergy.

We also have Fast offering.
Purpose of Fast offering:
Fast offering are monies kept when you fast, you keep the cost of the meals you skipped and give it to the church.
These monies are to used to take care of the poor and the needy.

We are also asked to generously give those in need too.
So if you find someone in need, pls use your personal money if you can afford it, if you can't, no bother.
As long as you are obeying the law of tithing and fast offering, you are good.

These laws are higher laws and are not required for everyone to obey.
That is why in the resurrection, people will resurrect at different times. Some in the morning of the 1st resurrect while some
in the evening.
It all depends on the laws obeyed while we lived.
So if you want to obey higher law, pay tithe.
If you want to obey lesser law, complain about churches and skip tithing payment.
God will force no man to heaven.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Truvelisback(m): 8:15am On Feb 19, 2023
Frank25:
Let's gather and discuss
It is good but not proper. When u pay ur tithe, God becomes ur shareholder. He would protect ur income and bless the works of hands, neither will u work in vain.
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by Kingabia1998(m): 8:18am On Feb 19, 2023
No is not called tithe then it's called helping you are just helping the one in need tithe is sacred is your one tenth how can you give your one tenth to ordinary person abi your village people don da draw you close to them
Re: Is It Proper To Give Your Tithe To The Needy? by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:20am On Feb 19, 2023
Yes and to me the best way....i always give me to any poor person or family i meet on the way!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Joagbaje Became God / Please Don't Take Christ Out Of Christmas / 30 Facts About Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.