Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,951 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time (59107 Views)

I’ve Been Cleansed Of Stealing, Says Actress Yetunde Akilapa / Kleptomania: Yetunde Akilapa Arrested Again In Lagos / Kleptomaniac: Yetunde Akilapa Arrested For Stealing Again 3 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Omihanifa: 3:20am On Feb 21, 2023
Yoruba actress, Yetunde Akilapa has been arrested for burglary the seventh time.

Ms Akilapa came into the film industry in 2013 and acted in a Yoruba film, “Ileri-Oluwa’’, which shot her to the limelight.

She has been featured in other Yoruba movies. The actress was earlier reported to be in the news for stealing and breaking into people’s homes years ago and was once on the police wanted list.

The actress, notorious for breaking into houses and stores to steal, was arrested Thursday after the homeowner caught her in the act.

A Twitter user, @LotsofKory said that she entered her house and found a woman inside, stealing her valuables.

“That was how I entered my house today o, and I found a woman inside my house. She had packed my wigs and all my gold. I (she) was about to start checking my bags when I entered.

“Thank God my neighbour was coming behind me; I’m pretty sure she’d have attacked me.”

She further said that a pair of her gold earrings had been taken to the police station.

Before that, in February 2013, it was reported that police arrested the actress in Alade, Somolu area of Lagos, on charges of robbery.

She was sent to the Kirikiri correctional facility. In November 2013, she regained freedom.

Serial offender

It is not the first time Ms Akilapa has been arrested for burglary.

In 2018, she was arrested for trying to gain unlawful access to a house in Magodo Shangisha, Lagos.

A video of her being apprehended made the rounds on social media.

In June 2018, she was brought before an Ikeja Chief Magistrates’ Court and charged with break-in and stealing valuables worth N7 million from a home.

The 37-year-old actress was tried on a three-count charge bordering on burglary and stealing, to which she pleaded not guilty.

Police Prosecutor Benson Emuerhi told the court that the accused committed the offences on 27 June at No. 14/16, Mutairu St., Shangisha, Ketu, a suburb of Lagos, at 2.10 p.m.

According to him, the accused was apprehended while trying to enter the apartment of the complainant, Adeboye Lamidi.

Mr Lamidi alleged that he was in his sitting room when he noticed someone was trying to open the door to his apartment with a key from outside.

Ms Akilapa used a different key to unlock the door of the complainant’s house but was caught in the act, he said.

“l peeped through the door hole, and l saw the accused trying to open my door with a key.”

The prosecutor also alleged that the accused, on 16 November 2015 at 3.00 p.m., broke into the residence of Oyinlola Tuga by unlocking the door with a master key.

Tuga, who lives at No. 39A, Ayodele Okeowo St., Gbagada Soluyi in Lagos, reported that the accused stole jewellery, bags and other valuables worth N7 million.

“Tuga alleged that after raising the alarm that his house had been burgled, his neighbours told him that they saw the accused parked her car with registration no. MUS 689 CZ in front of the complainant’s house.

“They challenged her and found the stolen items and a hundred bunch of keys on her.

“The accused was apprehended and handed over to the police at Ifako police station,” he said.

More offences

The actress was in the news in February 2013 when it was reported that she was arrested for robbery by the police in Alade, Somolu area of Lagos.

She was sent to the Kirikiri Prison, and after a few months, she regained her freedom in November 2013.

On 12 January 2014, she was again caught trying to steal with a bunch of master keys hidden in her brassiere at a house in Magodo Phase 2.

The offences contravene Sections 287, 307 and 308 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015 (Revised).

Section 287 stipulates a three-year jail term for stealing, while Section 307 prescribes seven years for burglary.

The Magistrate, Olufunke Sule-Amzat, granted the accused bail in the sum of N200,000 with two responsible sureties.

Mrs Sule-Amzat said the sureties must be gainfully employed with evidence of two years’ tax payment to the Lagos State Government.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/entertainment/nollywood/582702-police-arrest-actress-yetunde-akilapa-for-burglary-a-seventh-time.html

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by illicit(m): 5:33am On Feb 21, 2023
Ofon

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 21, 2023
She's a kleptomaniac,
She needs professional help. Joseph "MEND" ing her won't help.

But, do kleptos steal something of value? Something worth 7m?

160 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Tifesingz: 10:37am On Feb 21, 2023
Lol, all for the gram yeahh? Seriously most of these Yoruba actresses needs some brain check! They are always somehow tbh, if no be olosho, na bleaching, this one come finish am add stealing join? Did I just see for the 7th time? This ugly leech should be chilling in jail by now.

Anyways, anything is possible in Nigeria as far as it’s female gender, Seun Egbegbe no do reach this one o.

In another news, Toyin Aimakhu and that Mumu Eniola Badmus supporting Tinubu for their selfish interests too should be given the same treatment, bunch of useless leaches. I dey vex walai undecided

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Wawelexy(m): 10:37am On Feb 21, 2023
Na dem dem..... Small girl with big god!

Who will see this one and suspect her to be a kleptomaniac? 7 times burglary attempt!!!

This one is not even stealing cos she's hungry or needs funds to pay off hospital bills (tho none of this justify stealing), but stealing jewelleries and money just to show off and oppress her fellow gender.... Well, no action from this gender can shock me anymore, I can write a tome of novel about them, only few, very very few of them are sensible....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by puremaker7(m): 10:37am On Feb 21, 2023
klepto

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Johnson225(m): 10:37am On Feb 21, 2023
smiley
Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by AOB1: 10:37am On Feb 21, 2023
Useless girl

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by PStacks(m): 10:37am On Feb 21, 2023
Dem swear for this one ni oo

Afishe

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Mindlog: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2023
This is beyond crime but psychiatric ... Kleptomania, which is a mental health condition.

She will still be caught again after serving term for this, I hope the presiding judge would be knowledgeable enough to commit her to psychiatric care because it is an impulse control disorder.

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Agbadocassava: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2023
She’s possessed

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Pidginwhisper: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2023
Kudi klepto

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Tony4000: 10:38am On Feb 21, 2023
Pls Vote wisely.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Zabilon007(m): 10:38am On Feb 21, 2023
sad She probably is suffering from kleptomania, it's a pity she's in this part of the world.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Goodlady(f): 10:39am On Feb 21, 2023
Wat
Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by BigBrother9ja: 10:39am On Feb 21, 2023
sad
Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by yemmight(m): 10:39am On Feb 21, 2023
Something is wrong with that Lady.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by opalu: 10:39am On Feb 21, 2023
Ahh
Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by BreconHills(m): 10:39am On Feb 21, 2023
There is a good film in there somewhere.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by 9jaBloke: 10:39am On Feb 21, 2023
cry

Afise ni abi edi?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Numerouno94(m): 10:39am On Feb 21, 2023
Awon Gov Yahaya Bello

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by praiseneo(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2023
Story since when?
Last week or two weeks ago story 🤷🏻‍♂️

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by gbengaeed(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2023
Sound like a blackmailing stuff.
Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by atobs4real(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2023
castrate her because she will never change
Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by nymphomaniac(m): 10:40am On Feb 21, 2023
Kleptomaniac

She should get a great criminal defense lawyer. A good one won’t cut it.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by raphretle: 10:40am On Feb 21, 2023
Is this Normal??
Or she's bewitched

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Yetunde Akilapa For Burglary A Seventh Time by Opinedecandid(m): 10:41am On Feb 21, 2023
You are healed of the spirit of cleptomania.
Amen.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Portable Travels Outside Nigeria For The First Time To Perform His Song (Video) / Bobrisky Shows Off Bundles Of Money In His Bedroom (pics/video) / Speed Darlington: "I Want To Have Sex With Ned Nwoko's Daughter"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.