Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,930 members, 7,810,589 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? (1353 Views)

Should I Confess That I Poured Hot Water On My Neighbor's Goat? / Authentic 19th century Painting of Jesus with Bantu/ Negro Look / China Orders Citizens To Replace Pictures Of Jesus With That Of The Chinese Pres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2023
"Must a person confess Jesus with his mouth to be saved?"

Many people want to know if this is a command.

Read more about this at: http://ow.ly/5onn50MXBpE

Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Feb 21, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Jesus Christ never said that those who confess with their mouth will be saved by Him so you can confess with your mouth until the day you die and salvation will never be yours. Hence, this isn't a command from God but a suggestion taken out of context to fool the already gullible masses into submitting to the foolishness of men. undecided
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2023
You can't grasp the import of that statement but let me tell you that you must confess Jesus as Lord and King before you can be saved!

I know as Kumuyi pikin your pride won't allow you to ask for the reason so i'll keep that for others who may like to know why everyone tongue must confess Jesus as Lord! smiley

1 Like

Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by AnyanwuSilas: 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2023

Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Feb 21, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:
Does Russia/Putin also pray for you, a Nigerian, everyday? undecided

1 Like

Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by AnyanwuSilas: 4:51pm On Feb 21, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Does Russia/Putin also pray for you, a Nigerian, everyday? undecided

They are fighting our battle, if you don't get it then forget it
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2023
Putin fighting African battle.

Nothing way Musa no go see for gate! cheesy

AnyanwuSilas:

Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by Kobojunkie: 5:01pm On Feb 21, 2023
AnyanwuSilas:
ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by Dtruthspeaker: 6:30pm On Feb 21, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

You must more than confess, you must O.B.E.Y!
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:01am On Feb 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

You can't grasp the import of that statement but let me tell you that you must confess Jesus as Lord and King before you can be saved!

I know as Kumuyi pikin your pride won't allow you to ask for the reason so i'll keep that for others who may like to know why everyone tongue must confess Jesus as Lord! smiley

Why do you think confessing angel Michael as Lord and King can save you? undecided
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:04am On Feb 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ never said that those who confess with their mouth will be saved by Him so you can confess with your mouth until the day you die and salvation will never be yours. Hence, this isn't a command from God but a suggestion taken out of context to fool the already gullible masses into submitting to the foolishness of men. undecided

Are you saved? If yes, what did you do to get saved? undecided
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:06am On Feb 22, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

You must more than confess, you must O.B.E.Y!

What command should we obey before we can be saved?
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:41am On Feb 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Why do you think confessing angel Michael as Lord and King can save you? undecided

There you go again Kumuyi pikin! cheesy

Nobody will preach Michael to you as Lord so get yourself together and learn!

Back in heaven the angel that came to the earth bears the name "Michael" he has no business with humans except angels in heaven as their commander but when he volunteered himself to come and redeem mankind from sin all the angels in heaven were amazed, how can the greatest of all the angels subject himself to such humiliation from Satan and his human agents?
Well Michael humbled himself and put on a lesser being's nature just to take up the assignment.

So he remained Jesus of Nazareth the son of Mary until the day he completed his earthly mission on the torture stake and said "it has been accomplished" {John 19:30} after his resurrection the authority both in heaven and on earth was given to Michael {Matthew 28:18} and in the name he bears among humans which is "Jesus" every knee must bow {Philippians 2:10} because he has become the saviour which means Messiah in Hebrew and Christ in Greek.

So when we say he is the same angel who bears the name Michael in heaven it's not that name we must carry when preaching, teaching and acting on what he taught because on this planet the name he answered was JESUS! smiley
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:03am On Feb 22, 2023
What does it mean to confess Jesus as Lord?

Note that he himself said:

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness" Matthew 7:21-23

So yo must subject yourself to the same line of thought with others who are striving to practice what Jesus taught {Hebrews 13:7, 13 compare to John 17:22 & 1Corinthians 1:10} this means you are a humble person because you won't be paid a dime for subjecting yourself to Jesus rather you have a lot to pay as you work hard to assist your fellow believers who are in need.

Now if any human is selflessly doin all these it won't take you up to a year before people around you notice the changes in you {1Timothy 4:15} so faithless people may ask you "who taught you to start living like this?" that's the time to tell them "it's the teachings of Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God.?"

If they want to know further then the door to bear thorough witness about Christ Jesus has been opened so you can now establish a Bible study explaining why Jesus should be obeyed.

This is what it means to profess Jesus as Lord not just saying it without action! James 2:18-26

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by Kobojunkie: 7:56am On Feb 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
Are you saved? If yes, what did you do to get saved? undecided
No one gets saved by opening his mouth to say "Jesus is Lord" , not even if he repeats it all of the days of his life. Same way, no one gets saved by saying prayers from even the day of his birth until the day of his death --- it will never happened. Salvation begins as Jesus Christ taught and continues as He also taught. There is no other way to be saved. undecided
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:32am On Feb 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I know you are fixated on my pastor but this is not about him let's address the subject at hand and not get distracted shall we? cheesy

MaxInDHouse:

I wish you did say that upfront so that those poor souls you've hoodwinked into following you heretical teaching can spot your lie from a mile and run but you must deceive them into thinking that you are talking about the One and only Jesus Christ we all believe to be the Son of God.

MaxInDHouse:

Back in heaven the angel that came to the earth bears the name "Michael" he has no business with humans except angels in heaven as their commander but when he volunteered himself to come and redeem mankind from sin all the angels in heaven were amazed, how can the greatest of all the angels subject himself to such humiliation from Satan and his human agents?
Well Michael humbled himself and put on a lesser being's nature just to take up the assignment.

The bolded there is another lie from the pit of hell. Who was the angel who assisted in Daniel's breakthrough in prayer if you say that he had no business with humans? Who was the angel who could not rebuke satan directly but had to say the Lord rebuke you, when resisting the devil over the body of Moses?

MaxInDHouse:

So he remained Jesus of Nazareth the son of Mary until the day he completed his earthly mission on the torture stake and said "it has been accomplished" {John 19:30} after his resurrection the authority both in heaven and on earth was given to Michael {Matthew 28:18} and in the name he bears among humans which is "Jesus" every knee must bow {Philippians 2:10} because he has become the saviour which means Messiah in Hebrew and Christ in Greek.

"every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God" (1 John 4:3). "If ye believe not that I am He," said the Lord Jesus, "ye shall die in your sins" (John 8:24).

You not only deny the deity of Christ, you deny His incarnation, you deny His crucifixion on the Cross, you deny His bodily resurrection. If this stand of yours doesn't qualify you to be an antichrist I wonder what else will. undecided

MaxInDHouse:

So when we say he is the same angel who bears the name Michael in heaven it's not that name we must carry when preaching, teaching and acting on what he taught because on this planet the name he answered was JESUS! smiley

"In the beginning was the Word, . . .and the Word was God . . . . All things were made by Him; . . . And the Word was made flesh" (John 1:1,3,14).

The doctrine of incarnation teaches that God the Creator became man the creature and you need to believe that and rejoice in it otherwise you will going down a dark alleyway.

1 Like

Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:36am On Feb 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:
What does it mean to confess Jesus as Lord?

Note that he himself said:

“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will. Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness" Matthew 7:21-23

So yo must subject yourself to the same line of thought with others who are striving to practice what Jesus taught {Hebrews 13:7, 13 compare to John 17:22 & 1Corinthians 1:10} this means you are a humble person because you won't be paid a dime for subjecting yourself to Jesus rather you have a lot to pay as you work hard to assist your fellow believers who are in need.

Now if any human is selflessly doin all these it won't take you up to a year before people around you notice the changes in you {1Timothy 4:15} so faithless people may ask you "who taught you to start living like this?" that's the time to tell them "it's the teachings of Jesus Christ the only begotten Son of God.?"

If they want to know further then the door to bear thorough witness about Christ Jesus has been opened so you can now establish a Bible study explaining why Jesus should be obeyed.

This is what it means to profess Jesus as Lord not just saying it without action! James 2:18-26

May you have PEACE! smiley

What message of hope have you got for a man dying of a stab wound and has only got 3 minutes to live? undecided
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:38am On Feb 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:

No one gets saved by opening his mouth to say "Jesus is Lord" , not even if he repeats it all of the days of his life. Same way, no one gets saved by saying prayers from even the day of his birth until the day of his death --- it will never happened. Salvation begins as Jesus Christ taught and continues as He also taught. There is no other way to be saved. undecided

You have not answered my question. cool
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:51am On Feb 22, 2023
Prove that you and Kumuyi aren't offsprings of the devil by preaching to all your members to drop weapons and embrace peace anywhere they are. Remember that as a member of Deeperlife in Nigeria if there is war between Nigeria and Ghana your member from Ghana will kill you under the disguise of soldier fighting for his country.
Where is your Jesus when that happens? Matthew 26:52
The real Jesus has erased weapons in the hearts of millions of his disciples globally that's why you can't find a single JW who is a soldier throughout the world. Isaiah 2:2-4

So whatever you say makes you a fool if your Jesus can't settle the differences between you and your fellow believers with God's word.
Paul said the Bible is inspired of God and beneficial for setting matters straight among believers but if your members still carry weapons then they're not Christians! wink

OLAADEGBU:

I know you are fixated on my pastor but this is not about him let's address the subject at hand and not get distracted shall we? cheesy
I wish you did say that upfront so that those poor souls you've hoodwinked into following you heretical teaching can spot your lie from a mile and run but you must deceive them into thinking that you are talking about the One and only Jesus Christ we all believe to be the Son of God.
The bolded there is another lie from the pit of hell. Who was the angel who assisted in Daniel's breakthrough in prayer if you say that he had no business with humans? Who was the angel who could not rebuke satan directly but had to say the Lord rebuke you, when resisting the devil over the body of Moses?
"every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God" (1 John 4:3). "If ye believe not that I am He," said the Lord Jesus, "ye shall die in your sins" (John 8:24).
You not only deny the deity of Christ, you deny His incarnation, you deny His crucifixion on the Cross, you deny His bodily resurrection. If this stand of yours doesn't qualify you to be an antichrist I wonder what else will. undecided
"In the beginning was the Word, . . .and the Word was God . . . . All things were made by Him; . . . And the Word was made flesh" (John 1:1,3,14).
The doctrine of incarnation teaches that God the Creator became man the creature and you need to believe that and rejoice in it otherwise you will going down a dark alleyway.
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:51am On Feb 22, 2023
Default mode! cheesy
OLAADEGBU:

What message of hope have you got for a man dying of a stab wound and has only got 3 minutes to live? undecided
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by Kobojunkie: 9:54am On Feb 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
Who send you to give hope to such a man in the first place? You think by lying to Him somehow you give him hope? undecided
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by Kobojunkie: 9:56am On Feb 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:
You have not answered my question. cool
I did. Only seems my answer which is that you stick to doing all that Jesus Christ commands as regards salvation does not seem to sit well with you. undecided
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:28am On Feb 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:

I did. Only seems my answer which is that you stick to doing all that Jesus Christ commands as regards salvation does not seem to sit well with you. undecided

OK. Let me re-frame my question. What salvation message will you have for a dying man who only has 3 minutes to live? undecided
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:41am On Feb 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Prove that you and Kumuyi aren't offsprings of the devil by preaching to all your members to drop weapons and embrace peace anywhere they are. Remember that as a member of Deeperlife in Nigeria if there is war between Nigeria and Ghana your member from Ghana will kill you under the disguise of soldier fighting for his country.
Where is your Jesus when that happens? Matthew 26:52
The real Jesus has erased weapons in the hearts of millions of his disciples globally that's why you can't find a single JW who is a soldier throughout the world. Isaiah 2:2-4

So whatever you say makes you a fool if your Jesus can't settle the differences between you and your fellow believers with God's word.
Paul said the Bible is inspired of God and beneficial for setting matters straight among believers but if your members still carry weapons then they're not Christians! wink

You conveniently evaded the questions you are not comfortably answering by throwing temper tantrums. Leave qualified soldiers to deal with war situations and let civilians be civilians. Are you at peace with God not to talk about peace with your neighbour? I wonder what peace your organisation has brokered between warring nations. undecided
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:42am On Feb 22, 2023
Kobojunkie:

Who send you to give hope to such a man in the first place? You think by lying to Him somehow you give him hope? undecided

I agree. You can't give what you don't have, no? undecided
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:43am On Feb 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Default mode! cheesy

No hope in hell.

1 Like

Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:01am On Feb 22, 2023
He gets us ...

Do you get HIM?

— with Dan Lietha - Cartoonist/Illustrator.

Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 12:29pm On Feb 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

No hope in hell.

Kumuyi has deceived you because those in Hell (Grave) will be brought back to life! Job 14:13-15; Act 2:31 wink
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08pm On Feb 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Kumuyi has deceived you because those in Hell (Grave) will be brought back to life! Job 14:13-15; Act 2:31 wink

In your case together with SDA I'm not sure whether your confession of Jesus will get you saved since you will be calling on the name of an arch angel who cannot save.
Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:18pm On Feb 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

In your case together with SDA I'm not sure whether your confession of Jesus will get you saved since you will be calling on the name of an arch angel who cannot save.

I told you Kumuyi has blindfolded you completely.
Now reread this post again before you respond!
MaxInDHouse:

Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:21pm On Feb 22, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

I told you Kumuyi has blindfolded you completely.
Now reread this post again before you respond!

Go and reply to my response and stop prevaricating. tongue

1 Like

Re: Must A Person Confess Jesus With His Mouth To Be Saved? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:27pm On Feb 22, 2023
OLAADEGBU:

Go and reply to my response and stop prevaricating. tongue

I have responded! wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Unity and Religion / God Has A Positive Answer / Being A Christian Is:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.