Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,881 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me (2259 Views)

Kazakhstani Bodybuilder Who Married Two Sex Dolls Is Now Open To Dating Humans / 'Shoprite Road Girl': The Name Man Used In Saving Girlfriend's Number / How To Make Love To A Virgin Girl The First Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Damilare65(m): 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now, and it has been great, she ticks most of my boxes and she can cook, the best cook actually,

There is just a major problem, we are both 26 this year, things are going great and honestly i have dated a lot of girls but this one understands me

i was talking to my younger sister yesterday, and we were talking about couples, and she told me that a man should always date someone younger,.

so please my fellow nairalanders, is there anything wrong with it
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Nairalander01: 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2023
Personally for me; it doesn’t matter if both partners are age mates or if one is older than the other.

As long as she respects you.
Ticks all/most of the boxes of what you’re looking for in a woman.
Has a mind of her own and not easily influenced by friends and society.
She even understands you; I think you should keep her.
You would definitely never get everything you want in a woman.

You could get someone younger who would not understand you. This becomes a problem in itself.

15 Likes

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Lanty01(m): 1:29pm On Feb 24, 2023
A SIMple person like you wouldn't mind marrying and old feminist who has been rejected by right thinking men, so you deserve the menopause approaching hag old enough to be your mother because you truly match each other.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Damilare65(m): 1:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
Lanty01:
A SIMple person like you wouldn't mind marrying and old feminist who has been rejected by right thinking men, so you deserve the menopause approaching hag old enough to be your mother because you truly match each other.

so 26 is approaching menopause

4 Likes

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Nairalander01: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2023
Lanty01:

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Damilare65(m): 1:33pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nairalander01:
Personally for me; it doesn’t matter if both partners are age mates or if one is older than the other.

As long as she respects you.
Ticks all/most of the boxes of what you’re looking for in a woman.
Has a mind of her own and not easily influenced by friends and society.
She even understands you; I think you should keep her.
You would definitely never get everything you want in a woman.

You could get someone younger who would not understand you. This becomes a problem in itself.

I swear I didn't know her age, she looks so younger, but again this is the first time I'm dating someone of my age

3 Likes

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Nairalander01: 1:49pm On Feb 24, 2023
Damilare65:

I swear I didn't know her age, she looks so younger, but again this is the first time I'm dating someone of my age

Just asking;
Is the age thing causing any problem in your relationship at the moment?
Except you’re bent on having someone you want to ‘lord over’; otherwise what you should be focused on is her attributes as a person.

Is she naturally kind to people around her?
Does she love/respect your family?
Is she industrious?

They’re more important things to look out for other than age. Besides the foundation of this conversation is from your younger sister whom I assume you should be wiser than as a more experienced older brother.
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Kenyanseedlings(m): 2:02pm On Feb 24, 2023
That is Governor Rotimi Akeredolu and his Wife, Betty. The wife is 3 years older him.

8 Likes

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Damilare65(m): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nairalander01:

Just asking;
Is the age thing causing any problem in your relationship at the moment?
Except you’re bent on having someone you want to ‘lord over’; otherwise what you should be focused on is her attributes as a person.

Is she naturally kind to people around her?
Does she love/respect your family?
Is she industrious?

They’re more important things to look out for other than age. Besides the foundation of this conversation is from your younger sister whom I assume you should be wiser than as a more experienced older brother.

not yet actually, no issues, I mean she listens to me, and yeah she is kind , she respect them to an extent, and on the industrious part she has an online cooking biz, and she recently graduated uni.

and I agree with you on my sister being young but then again the culture in Nigeria tends to encourage age differences
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by parcydrix(m): 2:18pm On Feb 24, 2023
If she ticks all the boxes that you are looking for then go ahead and marry her. Don't lose someone that will give you peace of mind over something as fiscal as age.

Most girls around her age or younger are usually still in their "hoe phase" so pick your poison carefully.
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Gadafii: 3:20pm On Feb 24, 2023
You want to listen to your younger sister that doesn’t even know what she wants in a man

Ask that your sister to list the qualities of a man she wants for you, she will describe a non living thing

If your girlfriend tick all your boxes, why are you listening to your sister, you didn’t know her age before you asked her out, nonsense and tilinbu

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by CaptainStephen(m): 3:46pm On Feb 24, 2023
Doesn't mean, my wife and I are age mates with her a month older yet we have no issues.

5 Likes

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by imagrg(m): 4:06pm On Feb 24, 2023
Marry a lady you are at least 4 years older than otherwise people would later ask if she's your mother.
My humble opinion.
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Ballzproblem2: 4:19pm On Feb 24, 2023
your younger sister ain't smart

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by XY01: 5:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
Gadafii:
You want to listen to your younger sister that doesn’t even know what she wants in a man

Ask that your sister to list the qualities of a man she wants for you, she will describe a non living thing

If your girlfriend tick all your boxes, why are you listening to your sister, you didn’t know her age before you asked her out, nonsense and tilinbu

At age 26, he's still asking his younger sister on who he is to spend the rest of his life with..very pathetic....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Qatar2022: 5:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
Only dating no problem but no marriage hell no
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by rickleye: 5:30pm On Feb 24, 2023
Damilare65:
My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost a year now, and it has been great, she ticks most of my boxes and she can cook, the best cook actually,

There is just a major problem, we are both 26 this year, things are going great and honestly i have dated a lot of girls but this one understands me

i was talking to my younger sister yesterday, and we were talking about couples, and she told me that a man should always date someone younger,.

Adam and Eve were same year. As long as she is submissive and you love her. Game on !!!!

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Damilare65(m): 5:33pm On Feb 24, 2023
Qatar2022:
Only dating no problem but no marriage hell no

why not
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 24, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by fartkay(m): 6:23pm On Feb 24, 2023
Damilare65:

It's no big deal,.
U can proceed with the nuptal knot if you are ok with her
It is not written any where that you must be older than your spouse.
From personal experience, my wife is older than me by 9 month.
When you man up and take the lead with family responsibility and decision. Who cares to know the age but if you simp in that marriage that his when it becomes a thing of concern to your peeps
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Nobody: 6:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
Depends on both of you.
Does some behaviour make you remember you're agemates? Do you think you remind her with your behaviour too?

It is important that you don't remember often. If you do, it won't work. But if you don't, no need to bring it up in your mind.
That you're 26. Do you feel more attracted to younger girls of 19-23 on a general note? To be happy with her, you should have equal attractions to those of your age group, those younger, and those a bit older than you. In fact, you must be attracted to older ones.

Personally, I generally dated 1 or 2 years older than myself, and a few younger ones. Don't ask me why. But age never became an issue with any of them.

1 Like

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Qatar2022: 6:41pm On Feb 24, 2023
Damilare65:

why not
She will aged fast than you, after two kids she will be like your grand mother
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Holybaddo: 6:58pm On Feb 24, 2023
Comrades sincerely Younger people no dey attract me at all infact my mate is a turn off for me

I like older Ones like 2yrs older
Most People younger do reason like their age
I see them as not mature enough

Everyone have a choice so comrade if you like her keep her

Love Heals 💘
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by fyzaila: 7:39pm On Feb 24, 2023
People saying she will age faster than you, that is a very big lie. Men nowadays look more older than their age. And you said she looks way younger than 26 then what is the problem there now. See op don't underrate peace of mind and happiness o especially when it coming from your spouse or potential spouse. Honestly the combo is very rare 2 find in one woman.
Forget age it is just a number as they say. Just eat right, exercise regularly, build good companionship and bonding that's all.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Damilare65(m): 7:46pm On Feb 24, 2023
fyzaila:
People saying she will age faster than you, that is a very big lie. Men nowadays look more older than their age. And you said she looks way younger than 26 then what is the problem there now. See op don't underrate peace of mind and happiness o especially when it coming from your spouse or potential spouse. Honestly the combo is very rare 2 find in one woman.
Forget age it is just a number as they say. Just eat right, exercise regularly, build good companionship and bonding that's all.

hmm thabks some people have been yabbing me
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Goodlady(f): 8:12pm On Feb 24, 2023
Damilare65:

Kuku go and marry 46 or 16 years old.
God has given you a matchmake. Don't let the devil use your mind to spoil your goodness.
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 24, 2023
what often matters is your mental age,in a relationship not often the number,why would you even let that border you? stop looking for problems when there is non or you would be the person creating one.you two are compatible is all that matters.lastly don't ever let another person be a judge of a relationship you started.
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by temitope28(m): 9:00pm On Feb 24, 2023
Lanty01:
Your comment is too harsh,
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Goldmynemaniac: 10:14pm On Feb 24, 2023
To all psych majors, note that when a woman tells you her age you should plus 5 years to it to adjust for deflation.

Op, that lady is older than you. Women don't reveal true age.
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by Damilare65(m): 11:31pm On Feb 24, 2023
Goldmynemaniac:
To all psych majors, note that when a woman tells you her age you should plus 5 years to it to adjust for deflation.

Op, that lady is older than you. Women don't reveal true age.

nah I saw this one
Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by cassyrooy(m): 12:03am On Feb 25, 2023
Holybaddo:
Comrades sincerely Younger people no dey attract me at all infact my mate is a turn off for me

I like older Ones like 2yrs older
Most People younger do reason like their age
I see them as not mature enough

Everyone have a choice so comrade if you like her keep her

Love Heals 💘
I can't deal with younger girls.

I've tried but I can't deal.

Life with a matured lady, trust me, is much easier because she naturally plays her role but these younger ones can pretend to be submissive but very rebellious and stubbornness is their hallmark because they believe you'd beat them, we die here mentality.

So, I don't look them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is There Any Downside To Dating A Girl The Same Age As Me by cassyrooy(m): 12:04am On Feb 25, 2023
Damilare65:

hmm thabks some people have been yabbing me
you're just behaving childishly

(1) (2) (Reply)

Will You End Your Relationship Because Of This? / I Am Falling In Love With Helinues / My Pastor Says My Ex Is The Will Of God 4 Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.