Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Agent Max: The Secret Bodyguard - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Agent Max: The Secret Bodyguard (580 Views)

Voluptuous Bodyguard Used By Kogi State Government / Princess Paid Bodyguard $9M In Blackmail To Keep Their Affair Quiet, But Still G / 52-year-old Actress Pamela Anderson Marries Her Bodyguard After Falling In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Agent Max: The Secret Bodyguard by Nobody: 11:15am On Feb 27, 2023
- Disclaimer -

This is a work of fiction and the names, characters, places and
incidents either are products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events, locales or persons, either living or dead, is
entirely coincidental. And should be treated as such.

Copyright ©Leo Danis 2022.
All rights reserved.

No part of this book may be reproduced or copied without the permission from the author.

Max, The youngest S-class Master assassin comes back from a deadly South American mission, he finds himself offered a curious assignment that he could use to finally exit his days of war and bloodshed.

Max is tasked by the and the chairman of an elite multi-billion company with bodyguard duty for his own daughter.

His enemies, once ranging from drug barons, mafia gangsters,
political figures and terrorist groups, are now replaced with petty criminals, low level gangsters, society big guns and conspiracies.

Max, finds his master
expertise and high-threat skill misused, and underwhelmed.

But he does get a harem cast as different as his old enemies. Max decides that, for the sake of messing around with girls as an invincible entity in a down-leveled environment, leaving his bloody and death-filled war days behind is something he’d look forward to.

1 Like

Re: Agent Max: The Secret Bodyguard by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 27, 2023
CHAPTER 1

The plane tires touched the runway, slowing down as it reach near the tarmac and came to a halt.
Max was tired, not from the 22hrs journey from Sáo Paulo to MMIA Lagos, but from the high stake mission in the Amazon forest. He quicky went through the immigration and passport control, picked his bags and came out from the airport to the open air.
A car was waiting for him, with a man standing by the side backing him. He smiled, and steathily walked to the man.
"Boom!", he whispered into the man's ear.
The man jumped forward in shock, at the same time swinging his elbow at Max without looking back. Max counter with his palm at the same time, kicking him at the back of his elbow. The man toppled forward almost falling face flat, but he quickly get his hold on the car. He looked back. He was breathing hard.

"The fvck is that for?"

"You attacked me first, Dave", Max said matter-of-factly.

"Damn, you should have just announce your presence instead of sneaking up at me. Thank your stars i wasn't holding a knife or a gun"

"I would have easily dodged it too", Max said nonchalantly.

"You said?"

"Nothing, let's go"

They enter the car, pressing the ignition, Dave looked at Max and asked,

"Where?"

Max seems to decide for a few seconds, then he finally said, "Let's hit HQ first, i need to report"

"Got it", Dave put the car in gear, expertly reverse and joined the highway.

.....HQ

Somewhere uknown.
An old industrial estate, the site look abandoned and deserted. Some of the buildings dilapitated.
In a spiffy state-of-the-arts office, Max was seated facing a man in a suede suit. He is Elder. Max's Master.

"Your earnings for the Amazon mission." Elder pulled out an envelope, his hands delicate as he handed it to Max.

"How much?", Max asked as he produced bundle of mint dollar bills from the envelope.

"$1000"

"Are you joking old man?" Max didn’t understand. It was a
high-stakes mission he'd just completed, and a very demanding
one as well- he had to deal with very formidable enemies, and the client's are bountiful!! How did it make sense for him to be paid so little? Where the hell did the old man get these extreme missions from?
They pretty much had a ten percent survival rate, and the rewards always ranged from only five hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars. Some times the rewards are disgustingly low it didn’t even reach the three digit mark! Max was cursing inside as he put the bank notes in his backpack.
Re: Agent Max: The Secret Bodyguard by headbasher96(m): 1:51pm On Feb 27, 2023
Now u go run leave the number of uncompleted books on nairaland is over whelming
Re: Agent Max: The Secret Bodyguard by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2023
He was an orphan since a young, tender
age. But Elder taught him Martial arts and also homeschooled him for fifteen years! He was educated and proficient in both assassination, martial art and weaponry.

"If that's all am going. I need to take a rest" Max said as he stood up to go.

"Right one more thing, there's another mission"

"Not interested", Max said.

"Do this one
mission well, and you're set for life!!"

Max stopped in his track.

"Seriously?!"

"When have I ever lied to you?" Elder said as he brought out a file and a USB stick. "You going or not? Maybe I should get someone
else?"

"No, I'll do it! Ofcourse I'll do it!" Max snapped without hesitation. What kind of idiot would miss out
on something like this? One mission for a lifetime of comfort?
He had no problems risking his life for this one.
Re: Agent Max: The Secret Bodyguard by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 27, 2023
"Hmm... All right, go to Lagos, where there’s this company called
STAR Industries. Look for a Daniel Peters and he'll tell you the rest." A mischievous smile
crept across his lips. "But you'd better consider this one
carefully.... You can’t back out once you’ve accepted it."

"Why? They’re not letting me back out even when it gets
dangerous?" Max wasn’t one of those stubborn hero wannabe types- He’d never do something
that’d just lead to him dying.

"Ah, my little boy… I raised you for fifteen years… fed you food,
gave you water… even bought you a laptop, a 4G internet card…"

The old man nagged as his eyes rolled again. "Stop spitting s
many questions at me when I tell you to do something so simple!!
Don’t you force me, you little shit!!"

"Ok fine, i'll do it'. Max said as he left. Damn simple huhn? Nothing the old man called simple have been simple.
He looked at the file and USB in his hands. "TOP SECRET"
He called Dave, he need to be in Lagos tomorrow.
Re: Agent Max: The Secret Bodyguard by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 27, 2023
I can only post short updates around 2500 characters.... Dunno whats wrong with nl
Re: Agent Max: The Secret Bodyguard by Nobody: 2:36pm On Feb 27, 2023
The nex morning Dave came early to pick Max at his living quarter in the HQ.

"Heard you are going on another mission", Dave said as Max entered the Chevy with his backpack.

Max looked at him quizzically.

"Elder told me, himself"

"Yeah, some sort of a final mission"

"Hmmm... To the capital city, Lagos"

They drove through the rough tracking leading away from the site. They drove for an hour passing through forests, with lush green leaves before entering the highway.

"So what's the mission about?"

"I don't really know, i am to meet one Mr. Daniel Peters"..

"Stars Industries?"

"Yeah, you know him?", Max turned to Dave

"Yeah, did biz with him a few years back. Good man i can say. Star Industries is one of the top 5 in the whole Africa ranging from real estates, properties, oil and gas, telecommunication and more."

"Must be one hell of a rich man". Max agreed. He had checked the file and usb Elder gave him yesterday and knew everything about Daniel Peters and Star Industries.

"The richest in Africa, and the 25th richest in the World". Dave added

"You have any idea what the mission is, Dave? Old Elder never gave me details, only telling me to go meet the man."

"No idea"

"What mission or job did you run for him then" Max suddenly asked.

"I'm sorry Max, it didn't go well, and i don't like to talk about it"

"I understand"

A quick couple of ten miles later they reached the modern, internationalized
metropolis- Lagos. Dave drove to a bus station and pulled up.

"You can get a taxi from here to Stars Industries HQ"

"Alright, thanks mate", Max said as he came down and watched Dave drove off.
Re: Agent Max: The Secret Bodyguard by Nobody: 9:20am On Feb 28, 2023
Max walked up to a guy sitting lazily inside a Honda Sedan car. The guy saw Max coming, carrying a backpack with him. He knew at once that he's a passenger.

"To where lad?", he asked.

"Star Tower, Ikoyi"

"500 Naira"

"Not a problem". Max got into the shotgun seat. The driver rev up the engine and started the ride.

Lagos had great traffic with wide roads and overhead bridges, soon they reached the destination. Max paid the fare before getting off.
He couldn’t help but feel dizzy with a skyscraper this tall looming over him. The client this time around seemed wealthy enough that it really could be his retirement mission. Max made sure it was the right place before marching in.

"Who are you looking for, sir?" Max didn’t take more than a few
steps before the security stopped him.

"I’m looking for Daniel Peters"

"Daniel Peters? Who’s that? Heard the name somewhere before" One of the security
guards muttered.

"It's the chairman, dude!" The other guard tugged at his
colleague's sleeve to shut him up, making sure no one heard him.
"What the hell, you wanna get fired or something?"

"Sh!t!" The guard's eyes widened with shock and regret upon
hearing his senior's words. What kind of security was he if he
didn’t even know the name of his employer?

He took another look at Max, and saw what he was wearing. From the looks of it, this boy here didn’t seem like someone associated with the chairman himself. It didn’t appear likely,
after all, that a teen like him would have connections to the
man leading Star Industries, one of the top 5 companies in Africa. The kid might even be some random factory worker charging at the chairman with complaints.

With that thought, the guard tensed. He met eyes with his colleague, and it was apparent that the two
shared similar thoughts.

"What business do you have with the chairman?" The senior guard cleared his throat, putting on a
solemn expression.

"Eh... It’s not me, it’s my old man. He told me to come look for him." Lin Yi replied lazily. He didn’t care
how powerful the client was in the outside world- he was the one requesting Max's help.

"Hm? Your old man?" Lin Yi’s words only confirmed the
suspicions. His dad might be a factory worker for Star Industries.

"...Can you two stop talking? Tell me which floor this Mr. Peters is at, and I’ll be on my way, alright?" Max didn’t have time to
waste on the bullshit these guards were spewing- He wanted
to meet the client as soon as possible.

"The chairman isn’t here" The senior guard decided to just tell Max to go away. He’d already decided that it was impossible for Max to have any relations to the chairman whatsoever.

Max was getting really tired of the duo blocking him. They were looking down on him so much that
it reflected in their eyes, and Max had had enough.

"I see. I'll wait for him inside then!" Max said as he strolled past the two.

"Wait! You can't go in!” Both the guards exclaimed in surprise, not expecting Max to just barge past them.

(1) (Reply)

... / People Lie Too Much / Why Invite Me On A Date When You Want To Split The Bill- Nigerian Woman Rages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.