Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work (3284 Views)

If You Think Your Life Is Useless Nw. Just Look At This Picture / If This Marriage Doesn't Work Out I Know Just Who To Blame (photos) / See what a Female Friend is doing when prayers is ongoing (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by JackDaAlienz(m): 10:21pm On Feb 28, 2023
In 2019, my mother was part of a charismatic prayer group that fasted for 2 weeks praying for Buhari not be elected.
Upon all the fasting, Buhari won

2023 she tried to force us to join her group for praying for Peter obi.
I told her that she is wasting her time

All the prayers she has been praying since 2019 for a better Nigeria, still Nigeria gets more messed up.

Today I caught her crying alone in dinning room, turns out she was crying because of election results

I asked her why her prayers didn't work grin upon all the fasting. She got angry and went to her room.

I have always said that prayers don't work, church is scam filled with fake testimony to decieve members

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Officialgarri: 10:24pm On Feb 28, 2023
Even the Bible said , heaven helps those who helps themselves.
Same Bible also said , faith without work is death.

Tinubu has worked hard for years and is only reaping the fruits of not only his hardwork but smart work.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by JackDaAlienz(m): 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2023
If you like do dry fasting wet fasting solid or liquid fasting.
If you like shout holy ghost fire 10 million times

What is destined to happen will happen
Whether you like it or not

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Totilopussylick(m): 10:27pm On Feb 28, 2023
Exactly, tinubu never prayed to become president but it was his lifetime ambitions which he has achieved, I am currently in pursuit of a course i never prayed for and I won't give up till I achieved It tongue
Officialgarri:

Tinubu has worked hard for years and is only reaping the fruits of not only his hardwork but smart work.

4 Likes

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by JackDaAlienz(m): 10:31pm On Feb 28, 2023
Officialgarri:

I voted obi but I have already accepted whatever happens.
My mum will be speaking in tongues grin
Binding and casting Tinubu
I just dey laugh her.
Nigeria they have been praying for years is still in shambles
I asked her devil that they have been binding and casting for over 100 years
Still devil no die and they are still binding and casting till today.
Forget prayers are useless

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by PoliteActivist: 10:37pm On Feb 28, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
In 2019, my mother was part of a charismatic prayer group that fasted for 2 weeks praying for Buhari not be elected.

Well, the universe is set up based on certain LAWS. These are LAWS that cannot be broken. One of those laws seems to be that if we BELIEVE totally, we'll create whatever we believe. In other words we are co-creators of reality. It is not the prayer, it is the power of the belief. Even the Bible said Lord Jesus COULD NOT perform many miracles in his hometown because they DIDN'T BELIEVE HE COULD!

6 Likes

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by HellVictorinho7: 10:39pm On Feb 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Well, the universe is set up based on certain LAWS. These are LAWS that cannot be broken. One of those laws seems to be that if we BELIEVE totally, we'll create whatever we believe. In other words we are co-creators of reality. It is not the prayer, it is the power of the belief. Even the Bible said Lord Jesus COULD NOT perform many miracles in his hometown because they DIDN'T BELIEVE HE COULD!
false

3 Likes

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by PoliteActivist: 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
false

So explain the screenshot above

1 Like

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Officialgarri: 10:41pm On Feb 28, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

I just dey laugh her.
Now , I'll explain something to you.

You must understand that being a realist is different from being emotional

You are a realist while your mum is religious. People who are religious are usually emotional and dogmatic. They will usually cast their hopes on Luck.

However, if you are real and still can pray, you'd realise prayer is not useless.

Have you ever asked yourself why rich people are usually lesser in number than poor people and also the church usually have more poor people than rich people?
It's because the poor ones depend on prayer for luck while the rich ones only use prayers to back up hardwork

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by HellVictorinho7: 10:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
PoliteActivist:

So explain the screenshot above
the bible says what is written, state where am 2 explain in it then state where u r made correct by it

1 Like

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by HellVictorinho7: 10:52pm On Feb 28, 2023
Officialgarri:
Now , I'll explain something to you.

You must understand that being a realist is different from being emotional

You are a realist while your mum is religious. People who are religious are usually emotional and dogmatic. They will usually cast their hopes on Luck.

However, if you are real and still can pray, you'd realise prayer is not useless.

Have you ever asked yourself why rich people are usually lesser in number than poor people and also the church usually have more poor people than rich people?
It's because the poor ones depend on prayer for luck while the rich ones only use prayers to back up hardwork
both the rich and the poor work and pray, but luck keeps one above the other.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by faceLAGOS: 10:55pm On Feb 28, 2023
Prayer works just like affirmation & all these positive self talk.

It helps to condition your β€œspirit” (inner man).

Mistake people make with prayer is that they try to project their thoughts in form of prayers to act on an external situation.

Whereas, the prayer is only useful to self.

My facking opinion, though.

1 Like

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Autobot05: 11:01pm On Feb 28, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

All the prayers she has been praying since 2019 for a better Nigeria, still Nigeria gets more messed up.

Today I caught her crying alone in dinning room, turns out she was crying because of election results

I asked her why her prayers didn't work grin upon all the fasting. She got angry and went to her room.

I have always said that prayers don't work, church is scam filled with fake testimony to decieve members

Lol no 1 before praying was your mother truly living a godly life ?

2: God gave we humans freedom.. he doesn't necessarily interfere in everything ( maybe unless you call on him and it should be personal )

3 : as your mom was praying for him not to enter .. that's how another person was praying for him to enter .... now if you were God who would you answer ?? ..

God didn't mess Nigeria up .. we Nigerians and humans generally messed it up ( Britain NO 1 offender in this aspect )

Learn to think properly before talking

Pray that God help you and your family to Japa ..some people like suffering and you can't control others

Sleep tight

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Goldendick: 11:06pm On Feb 28, 2023
I no de like to convince person say religion na scam. Dem go begin look you like antichrist. So I let them wallow in their foolery and even add some occasional "amen" to support them

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Truvelisback(m): 11:20pm On Feb 28, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

As ur mum was busy fasting and praying that Buhari shouldn't be the president there were peope who were busy fasting and praying that Buhari should be the President. grin So, na which one God wan answer? grin I guess God answered the prayers of those who wanted Buhari to be the president.

1 Like

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by LikeAking: 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

True!

Life functions on principles and not shams..

Have you ever wondered why the most religious are mostly the poorest?

2 Likes

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Meedon: 11:49pm On Feb 28, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

I just dey laugh her.

πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Meedon: 11:50pm On Feb 28, 2023
Truvelisback:
As ur mum was busy fasting and praying that Buhari shouldn't be the president the were peope who were busy fasting and praying that Buhari should be the President. grin So, na which one God wan answer? grin I guess God answered the prayers of those who wanted Buhari to be the president.

All na scam
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by morinto: 12:33am On Mar 01, 2023
Prayers work and I am a perfect Testimony of prayer because I would have been dead by now

5 Likes

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by PoliteActivist: 12:38am On Mar 01, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
the bible says what is written, state where am 2 explain in it then state where u r made correct by it

It said God Himself could not perform major miracles because people lacked faith. Explain that.
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by PoliteActivist: 12:39am On Mar 01, 2023
morinto:
Prayers work and I am a perfect Testimony of prayer because I would have been dead by now

Can you regale us your testimony?
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by JackDaAlienz(m): 1:00am On Mar 01, 2023
morinto:
Prayer didn't save you
It wasn't your time to die
If it was truly your time to die, if you like pray from morning to night you will still die

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by JackDaAlienz(m): 1:01am On Mar 01, 2023
Meedon:

All na scam
religion is opium for the mass

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by HellVictorinho7: 1:13am On Mar 01, 2023
PoliteActivist:

It said God Himself could not perform major miracles because people lacked faith. Explain that.
the onus is on god 2 explain ,not man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by morinto: 1:35am On Mar 01, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

Prayer didn't save you
It wasn't your time to die
If it was truly your time to die, if you like pray from morning to night you will still die
Prayer can change the heart of God and let God have mercy on u
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by morinto: 1:52am On Mar 01, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Can you regale us your testimony?
The church I attended previously was heavily polluted by marine spirit which I was aware. So doing a night prayer a particular preacher was praying against priscipalities and power operating in the church and I was the one shouting the highest amen when the prayer was going on. Omo as I reach House and sleep then I just appear at the front door of my church seeing one of my church members which is also a big woman in the church attacking to kill me In my dream. This woman started pressing me and I can see my heart beat detorating as somebody that is given up his ghost and I shouted Jesus then my heart beat started beating very fast again and then she started repressing me and my heart beat started reducing the second time as a dying person and I reshouted Jesus and my heart started beating fast then when she wanted to try it the third time I over power her and was able to break the pressing bond and wake up around 11:55 PM. That thing happen within 5 minutes as I slept in my bed as if she dey wait for me to sleep. When next she saw me physically shame want to kill her but as for now we just dey mind our business but sometimes she enter my dream boasting that she would make me useless for life and told me that even though I know she is a marine agent I can't prove it to people around.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Vinnie2000(m): 2:14am On Mar 01, 2023
OP

In Reality, not ALL prayers that you pray that works. smiley

In the Bible, Some Persons like Jesus' discples prayed without getting answers!

But know dat, Human Efforts MUST BE PUT BEFORE prayers!

E.g. If Your Relative has an accident, First thing to do is get Money ready for Hospital Bills, Meet and Try to obey the Doctors instructions B4 going for Prayers!

Pray without Work is Dead! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Vinnie2000(m): 2:20am On Mar 01, 2023
Truvelisback:
As ur mum was busy fasting and praying that Buhari shouldn't be the president there were peope who were busy fasting and praying that Buhari should be the President. grin So, na which one God wan answer? grin I guess God answered the prayers of those who wanted Buhari to be the president.

Catholics have a Prayer called 'PRAYER FOR NIGERIA IN DISTRESS'.
There is also 'PRAYER AGAINST BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION'!

We have been Praying dis prayers on Sundays Mass for like 40 or 45 years now, Yet Nigeria still JagaJaga! sad

But We continue all the same. Dat's how Prayers is o! smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by PoliteActivist: 3:15am On Mar 01, 2023
morinto:

The church I attended previously was heavily polluted by marine spirit which I was aware. So doing a night prayer a particular preacher was praying against priscipalities and power operating in the church and I was the one shouting the highest amen when the prayer was going on. Omo as I reach House and sleep then I just appear at the front door of my church seeing one of my church members which is also a big woman in the church attacking to kill me In my dream. This woman started pressing me and I can see my heart beat detorating as somebody that is given up his ghost and I shouted Jesus then my heart beat started beating very fast again and then she started repressing me and my heart beat started reducing the second time as a dying person and I reshouted Jesus and my heart started beating fast then when she wanted to try it the third time I over power her and was able to break the pressing bond and wake up around 11:55 PM. That thing happen within 5 minutes as I slept in my bed as if she dey wait for me to sleep. When next she saw me physically shame want to kill her but as for now we just dey mind our business but sometimes she enter my dream boasting that she would make me useless for life and told me that even though I know she is a marine agent I can't prove it to people around.

Thanks for the testimony. The power in the name!
But I don't see how it relates to our discussion - prolonged praying and fasting that (Buhari) would lose
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Truvelisback(m): 3:28am On Mar 01, 2023
Vinnie2000:

Catholics have a Prayer called 'PRAYER FOR NIGERIA IN DISTRESS'.
There is also 'PRAYER AGAINST BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION'!

We have been Praying dis prayers on Sundays Mass for like 40 or 45 years now, Yet Nigeria still JagaJaga! sad

But We continue all the same. Dat's how Prayers is o! smiley
No matter how u fast and pray, BRIBERY AND CORRUPTION cannot be completely wiped out in Nigeria. It may only reduce.

1 Like

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by imagrg(m): 3:52am On Mar 01, 2023
Prayers should be a personal thing between you and your God. It is asking the Divine to intervene in what looks like a fruitless effort you have put into something you have worked tirelessly for to attain.
Remember Hannah prayed to God earnestly for a child after several fvcking that didn't yeild positive result and God answered because the couple had worked hard at it...even in prayers.
Prayers without work is like wishful thinking.
So be guided.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cheer Your Boyfriend/husband Up / ss / I Was Told That My Girlfriend Is Sleeping With Her Brother In His Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.