Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,047 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work (3308 Views)

If You Think Your Life Is Useless Nw. Just Look At This Picture / If This Marriage Doesn't Work Out I Know Just Who To Blame (photos) / See what a Female Friend is doing when prayers is ongoing (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Nobody: 4:44pm On Mar 01, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

I voted obi but I have already accepted whatever happens.
My mum will be speaking in tongues grin
Binding and casting Tinubu
I just dey laugh her.
Nigeria they have been praying for years is still in shambles
I asked her devil that they have been binding and casting for over 100 years
Still devil no die and they are still binding and casting till today.
Forget prayers are useless
With this ur submission it's very obvious that ur mom doesn't really have a relationship with the almighty God. She's just a religious fanatic like majority of Christians and church goers. U on the other hand are just sadly an empty vessel.
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Dliquidmetal(m): 5:00pm On Mar 01, 2023
Always the same circle,very boring
Subtle threats,conjuring up anecdotes,insults and delusional takes.
Prayers don't do shit,we know this,you know this but maybe too afraid of some spooky incompetent sky daddy to admit it.

1 Like

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Fahvvy: 5:07pm On Mar 01, 2023
PoliteActivist:

And that's where we can agree to disagree - except that mine makes more sense. You say having faith is not helping yourself.
I say it is.
If it is not, how come it is the ONLY basis why Christ could not perform major miracles in his hometown??

Hahahaha grin...
So we have left the topic of "heaven helps those who help themselves" to the subject of faith grin...
Tis well o grin...

Either ways...
As regards the subject of faith...
I'm really skeptical about indulging you in this discuss undecided, cause I have a feeling that you would just make erroneous statements without backings and then say to yourself "mine makes more sense" grin...

Forgetting that what makes sense to you might be shallow at best to lots of other people undecided, because "what makes sense" is something that is relative undecided...

But facts is FACTS and it isn't relative to nada undecided...

I mean "heaven helps those who help themselves" does make sense grin, but yet it has no scriptural backing undecided...
(You haven't been able to show me ANY scripture that says this or implies it)

So sir...
I would engage you in a discuss when you're willing to talk with facts (scriptural backings) and not with "what makes sense" undecided...

If you're ready to have a discuss on the subject of faith, then back up every point you make with a scripture, starting with your definition of faith undecided...

And besides...
Where in my earlier write up did I say the bolded? undecided... Or is this another erroneous statement that "makes sense" to you? undecided...
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Oscarhakx: 6:00pm On Mar 01, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Anyways, no such thing is written in any version of the Bible. Search till eternity you won't find the "help themselves" quote in the Bible!
Its not even in the bible. Why are we even using it as a reference point? cus me personally I dont give a Bleep about any religion or bible sef
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by JackDaAlienz(m): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2023
Blupen:
Saying prayers is useless nah because there is no GOD
No mind them
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Blupen(m): 6:31pm On Mar 01, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

No mind them
Na pastors just deh lavida i swear, most of them knows the truth but they choose to scam their members
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by JackDaAlienz(m): 6:39pm On Mar 01, 2023
Blupen:
Na pastors just deh lavida i swear, most of them knows the truth but they choose to scam their members
That is why they are very confident to use God's name to lie.
If they truly feared God and believe in God. They won't try that nonesense
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Blupen(m): 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

That is why they are very confident to use God's name to lie.
If they truly feared God and believe in God. They won't try that nonesense
lols and they cash out real good bro
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by ritaprincess: 6:42pm On Mar 01, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
In 2019, my mother was part of a charismatic prayer group that fasted for 2 weeks praying for Buhari not be elected.
Upon all the fasting, Buhari won

2023 she tried to force us to join her group for praying for Peter obi.
I told her that she is wasting her time

All the prayers she has been praying since 2019 for a better Nigeria, still Nigeria gets more messed up.

Today I caught her crying alone in dinning room, turns out she was crying because of election results

I asked her why her prayers didn't work grin upon all the fasting. She got angry and went to her room.

I have always said that prayers don't work, church is scam filled with fake testimony to decieve members
When the people of isrealites,sinned against God,he allowed their neighbouring countries to conquer and enslave them for years. Similar thing is happening in Nigeria,we have millions of christians who only answer christians outside but are demons in their homes,christians who dont have a relationship with God and yet they make request to God. Can you make a request to someone you dont have a relationship with. Can you make a request from tinubu? No because you dont know him not to talk of having a relationship with him. The same with God before you can ask God for something and he hears you have to be holy. The bible says God is holiness himself and our(humans) holiness is a filthy rag beside God.
Believe me if all humans can pursue holiness instead of material things we wont need to pray to God to elect our leaders. Ask yourself if your mum was inec chairman and she is offered 50million to rig the result would she accept? Offer most pastors 20billion and they would rig the election. But a true christian that pursues holiness knows that he doesnt need 20billion(apart from house,car,medicals what will i do with 20billion).

2 Likes

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by ritaprincess: 6:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
In 2019, my mother was part of a charismatic prayer group that fasted for 2 weeks praying for Buhari not be elected.
Upon all the fasting, Buhari won

2023 she tried to force us to join her group for praying for Peter obi.
I told her that she is wasting her time

All the prayers she has been praying since 2019 for a better Nigeria, still Nigeria gets more messed up.

Today I caught her crying alone in dinning room, turns out she was crying because of election results

I asked her why her prayers didn't work grin upon all the fasting. She got angry and went to her room.

I have always said that prayers don't work, church is scam filled with fake testimony to decieve members
I was once like you,my life experience then made me doubt God's existence. I was sick,troubled,cashless and at a point homeless. My life was filled with shame,there was even a time i couldnt leave my house for 3months,i only went out in the night. But God came through for me. Let me not make this too long,you need God more than he needs you. Give your life to God and desire a true relationship with him and you will never remain the same. Dont expect your life to be free of challenges when you do so,even the bible says many are the afflictions of the rughteous but God delivers them from all,i face difficult challenges presently but God walks me through them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by PoliteActivist: 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2023
Fahvvy:

Hahahaha grin...
So we have left the topic of "heaven helps those who help themselves" to the subject of faith grin...
Tis well o grin...

Either ways...
As regards the subject of faith...
I'm really skeptical about indulging you in this discuss undecided, cause I have a feeling that you would just make erroneous statements without backings and then say to yourself "mine makes more sense" grin...

Forgetting that what makes sense to you might be shallow at best to lots of other people undecided, because "what makes sense" is something that is relative undecided...

But facts is FACTS and it isn't relative to nada undecided...

I mean "heaven helps those who help themselves" does make sense grin, but yet it has no scriptural backing undecided...
(You haven't been able to show me ANY scripture that says this or implies it)

So sir...
I would engage you in a discuss when you're willing to talk with facts (scriptural backings) and not with "what makes sense" undecided...

If you're ready to have a discuss on the subject of faith, then back up every point you make with a scripture, starting with your definition of faith undecided...

And besides...
Where in my earlier write up did I say the bolded? undecided... Or is this another erroneous statement that "makes sense" to you? undecided...

Hahaha my foot. You did say exactly that - see screenshot below.
I say you help yourself by either making a move or having faith that God would help you (as is everywhere in the Bible)
You disagree and say faith is not helping yourself.
So we agree to disagree

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Fahvvy: 8:11pm On Mar 01, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Hahaha my foot. You did say exactly that - see screenshot below.
I say you help yourself by either making a move or having faith that God would help you (as is everywhere in the Bible)
You disagree and say faith is not helping yourself.
So we agree to disagree

Hahahahahah cheesy...
This man sef grin...

Sighs(smh) undecided...
If you're going to quote me sir, at least quote me correctly undecided...

Please don't try to project your interpretation of what you think I said undecided...

If you don't understand my point, please ask for clarification sir and I'll do so undecided...

Now...
You said that I said that "having faith is not helping yourself", right?

Show me EXACTLY WHERE I said that undecided...
Cause I have looked at the screenshot you sent and I can't see where I said "having faith is not helping yourself" undecided...

Please sir, help me and circle those exact words in the screenshot you sent, I'll be grateful sir...

And also, I see that you shifted the goal post again grin... I guess that makes sense to you grin...
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 01, 2023
If libations for kingdom of darkness WORKS,

then

Prayers of Christians definitely Works,

The similarities between libations and prayers, is the FAITH u put in them, it does not matter the source of power

Is the faith that makes them (prayer/libations) works,

Op u have no faith in prayer or have lost hope in prayer, that is why prayer seems/looks useless to U
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Harni(m): 8:56pm On Mar 01, 2023
JackDaAlienz:

Prayer didn't save you
It wasn't your time to die
If it was truly your time to die, if you like pray from morning to night you will still die

You are wrong sir, I believed it was the prayer that saved him. For example look at Hezekiah, when God told Elisha to go and tell him he will die, what did he do? He went to God in prayers and God heard him and added extra 15years to his age.
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by emekalovepets: 9:21pm On Mar 01, 2023
Person go dey talk about election na go dey talk about na stupid personally life how did dead man win election na waiting I dey ask not ur personal relationship
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Softmirror: 9:51pm On Mar 01, 2023
grin

grin

Every once in a while, I think that history gives us one or two persons who are gifted transformative leaders. I believe that our country has been gifted with this transformative leader, Ashiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I believe very strongly that this man’s political trajectory has only just begun. He is a man who has tremendous giftings and God has great plans ahead for him.

I pray for you, Ashiwaju, that as your days so shall your strength, wisdom and favour be in Jesus Mighty name, amen!" PROF YEMI OSINBAJO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7YS7n520nc

FOOD FOR THOUGHT JackDaAlienz
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by PoliteActivist: 11:45pm On Mar 01, 2023
Fahvvy:

Hahahahahah cheesy...
This man sef grin...

Sighs(smh) undecided...
If you're going to quote me sir, at least quote me correctly undecided...

Please don't try to project your interpretation of what you think I said undecided...

If you don't understand my point, please ask for clarification sir and I'll do so undecided...

Now...
You said that I said that "having faith is not helping yourself", right?

Show me EXACTLY WHERE I said that undecided...
Cause I have looked at the screenshot you sent and I can't see where I said "having faith is not helping yourself" undecided...

Please sir, help me and circle those exact words in the screenshot you sent, I'll be grateful sir...

And also, I see that you shifted the goal post again grin... I guess that makes sense to you grin...

Once again here is where you said it (having faith is not same as helping yourself)

Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by PoliteActivist: 11:50pm On Mar 01, 2023
Softmirror:
grin

grin

Every once in a while, I think that history gives us one or two persons who are gifted transformative leaders. I believe that our country has been gifted with this transformative leader, Ashiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu. I believe very strongly that this man’s political trajectory has only just begun. He is a man who has tremendous giftings and God has great plans ahead for him.

I pray for you, Ashiwaju, that as your days so shall your strength, wisdom and favour be in Jesus Mighty name, amen!" PROF YEMI OSINBAJO.

https://youtu.be/BYS7n520nc

FOOD FOR THOUGHT JackDaAlienz

That was 4 years ago, before blubulabu, peeing on himself, shaking hands, and not knowing where he is!
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Fahvvy: 8:33am On Mar 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

Once again here is where you said it (having faith is not same as helping yourself)

Ohhhh grin...
So it has changed again ba grin...
It's not "having faith is not helping yourself" again, it's now this one grin...

Kai!! grin...
This man grin...

Your ability to keep shifting goal post is uncanny, I twale for you sir grin...

Sighs undecided...
This is getting very tiring sir undecided...

I can't keep having a conversation with someone who

1. Keeps shifting the goal post of discuss every now and then...
2. Can't back up what he says with facts...
3. Keeps saying what I didn't say and quoting me out of context...

It's crazy man undecided...

You know what?
I agree with you grin...
You've won! grin...

This makes absolute sense grin...
Weldone sir undecided...
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by henndukwe18: 10:24am On Mar 02, 2023
JackDaAlienz:
If you like do dry fasting wet fasting solid or liquid fasting.
If you like shout holy ghost fire 10 million times

What is destined to happen will happen
Whether you like it or not
naso, everything has already been programmed by God
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by Softmirror: 12:46pm On Mar 02, 2023
PoliteActivist:

That was 4 years ago, before blubulabu, peeing on himself, shaking hands, and not knowing where he is!

GOD HAS ANSWERED THE PRAYERS OSIBANJO MADE FOUR YEARS AGO. grin
Re: Saying Prayers Is Useless, It Doesn't Work by PoliteActivist: 1:26pm On Mar 02, 2023
Fahvvy:

Ohhhh grin...
So it has changed again ba grin...
It's not "having faith is not helping yourself" again, it's now this one grin...

Kai!! grin...
This man grin...

Your ability to keep shifting goal post is uncanny, I twale for you sir grin...

Sighs undecided...
This is getting very tiring sir undecided...

I can't keep having a conversation with someone who

1. Keeps shifting the goal post of discuss every now and then...
2. Can't back up what he says with facts...
3. Keeps saying what I didn't say and quoting me out of context...

It's crazy man undecided...

You know what?
I agree with you grin...
You've won! grin...

This makes absolute sense grin...
Weldone sir undecided...

You are welcome undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Guys, Don't Jump Into Bed With Every Girl You See (MUST READ) / Best Advise of 2016 for the Ladies...pls Read / Have You Been Banned Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.