Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,567 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 (29016 Views)

Tinubu’s Supporters Commence Preparations For 2027 Elections / Wike Weakening PDP To Run For 2027 Presidency - Pedro Obaseki / Peter Obi Applauds LP for Reviewing Imo Governorship Nomination Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Dopenigga(m): 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I don’t belong to any party, I’m just after a peaceful coexistence among Nigerians. What we all need now is prayers for the incoming government and ask God to help them deliver. God bless you all
shut up!!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by vhykeeytor(m): 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
I don’t belong to any party, I’m just after a peaceful coexistence among Nigerians. What we all need now is prayers for the incoming government and ask God to help them deliver. God bless you all

Prayer doesn't work in Nigeria. The person you are praying for to succeed doesn't believe in prayers. So let's quit praying and start acting. APC is there at the center today, because they acted...no amount of prayer can salvage Nigeria...but little amount of action(Political will) can turn Nigeria around for good.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by africandollar: 2:53pm On Mar 01, 2023
Which kain yeye talk be dis? Make he let go and prepare for 2027 when the issue of rigging hasn't been addressed? So how would you expect him to win in 2027 when APC would surely rig again? You can't expect to build a solid edifice on a shaky foundation, it's never done! This is a fight to finish but my only fear is I don't want it to now favour Atiku winning, not another Fulani President abeg.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Juju70(m): 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
[
Gbam

quote author=Acidosis post=121379276]

After listening to Datti a few minutes ago, it is 10000% certain that LP will be heading to court. Please bury the idea of conceding. Evil thrive because people refuse to act.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Dandas: 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:
I am not happy that Peter Obi did not win. There are clear fundamental factors that were so herculean to overcome the very moment LP/NNPP alliance failed.
Now that Atiku is seemingly out of the way, it is time to galvanise the opposition towards 2027. It is going to be a marathon, so let us start now. There is no point wasting resources on election tribunal. With the capacity shown by Obi, 2027 is possible, but we need to do the following:

1. Not waste time and resources on election tribunal, but need to let Nigerians know of the brazen robbery APC governors and Wike perpetrated. If the PDP wants to challenge the results, let them do so themselves, without involving LP

2. Get real political structure for Labour Party across Nigeria. One reason we loss was because we did not have strong roots in the North.

3. Galvanise all elected officials to form a formidable force to take on APC, which is already reduced in strength from 21 to 12 states.

4. Peter Obi and LP should focus on the March 11, 2023 governorship polls. Obi should begin touring states LP won to boost morale of LP supports in the 22 states win high voters. Not waste resources in states like Katsina, Yobe, Zamfara.

5. LP leadership should begin talks with NNPP, progressive still in PDP and form a formidable party with structure, just like what ACN/CPC did. We need to start now.

In as much as I agree with this idea but will disagree on letting go of this 2023 election.
Reasons:
1. It will demoralized people who have hope of a new nigerian through LP.
2. Conceding defeat is a way forward for a betterment of tomorrow, but neglecting the reason you failed or lost cannot make you better tomorrow .
3. LP gave other party a good chase especially PDP and APC but they should also ensure that people with good character and track record joins the party afterward.
Labour Party should go to tribunal not because they want the election to be rerun or annulled but to show Nigerians dissatisfaction with INEC and their loopholes.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by nairanaira12: 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
Donfx:
Bro you nail it.
This is the time
Success is not easy.

Ask yourself if this election was free and fair or rigged
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by smsinnigeria(m): 2:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:
I am not happy that Peter Obi did not win. There are clear fundamental factors that were so herculean to overcome the very moment LP/NNPP alliance failed.
Now that Atiku is seemingly out of the way, it is time to galvanise the opposition towards 2027. It is going to be a marathon, so let us start now. There is no point wasting resources on election tribunal. With the capacity shown by Obi, 2027 is possible, but we need to do the following:

1. Not waste time and resources on election tribunal, but need to let Nigerians know of the brazen robbery APC governors and Wike perpetrated. If the PDP wants to challenge the results, let them do so themselves, without involving LP

2. Get real political structure for Labour Party across Nigeria. One reason we loss was because we did not have strong roots in the North.

3. Galvanise all elected officials to form a formidable force to take on APC, which is already reduced in strength from 21 to 12 states.

4. Peter Obi and LP should focus on the March 11, 2023 governorship polls. Obi should begin touring states LP won to boost morale of LP supports in the 22 states win high voters. Not waste resources in states like Katsina, Yobe, Zamfara.

5. LP leadership should begin talks with NNPP, progressive still in PDP and form a formidable party with structure, just like what ACN/CPC did. We need to start now.

What do about INEC. Without INEC on your side your efforts will amount to nothing.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 01, 2023
engrpheleeks:

You are a useless swine for telling me to mind my business. God will punish you. Are you the one feeding me? Ashewo oloriburuku. You and your useless party will surely be disgraced, mark my words. Compound prostitute telling me to be guided. Idiot.
Show me your face and see if I won’t deal with you, till then you can keep having diarrhea of the mouth. Ashewo no be insult again, you still dy sleep. Desist from quoting me you kid
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Nazgul: 2:55pm On Mar 01, 2023
Timiolutomi:

LP and NNPP talks will never yield any fruit, Rabiu is positioned for a swift transition from South back to North in 2027 or beyound.

LP-OBI has lost his only chance to be president when he moved out of PDP because of greed and sentiments... Moreover, the North will not let the power pot go back to a Southerner after Tinubu's tenure, it will go back to the North, and Rabiu Kwakwanso is better positioned than OBI.

It's either Obi use the NNPP platform to run as a VP OR Kwakwaso use the LP platform to run as the next President of Nigeria...

On your number 4. Point, the public perception of LP is that it belongs to OBI, now that LP has been able to prove the efficiency of their political structure, I think it might be a reasonable thing for LP to Quickly play their ways to eating up some of the delusioned PDP structures that is left hanging due to the shock of loss of the 2023 election...
@ bolded.

If Peter Obi had remained in PDP and won the presidential ticket, this election would have been a walk-in-the-park for Tinubu.

All those northern States Atiku won would have been won by Tinubu...and before 2pm various groups would begin to mount pressure on Peter Obi to call Tinubu and congratulate him.

Going to LP and hoping for PDP and NNPP to split northern votes was Peter Obi's best opportunity to become president.

Even in 2027, if Peter Obi must win he should pray for to notable northerners to be on the ballot along with Tinubu...then plot his own rigging strategy, cos in Nigerian election na who rig pass de win not who's more qualified.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by dyera(m): 2:55pm On Mar 01, 2023
medtoks:
Lol
Pls don’t amuse me
Prepare himself for what exactly
A better rigger?

The next election will also be transmitted manually and rigged. Tinubu will crush any law that mandates Inec to transmit results electronically from polling units if he becomes the president. You can say goodbye to free and fair election.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by meetme01: 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2023
NaijaCowFarm:

In as much as what you said is right, there is need to challenge the process. This will strengthen our democracy. We should be a coward. He can loose at the court but another statement must will be made.

At least one was made at the election.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by civilserva: 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2023
You are talking nonsense. With overwhelming evidence of massive rigging in the history of the world, you are talking about criminal structure
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Misterdhee1(m): 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2023
OneCandleAway:

These people don't know Tinubu.

Once he has the federal power, believe me he doesn't even need the north like that. He is not Jonathan that was cool. He can easily challenge the north if they want to be stubborn. All the crooks he surrounds himself with will so loot. Look at lagos, if you know how much is being stolen in lagos state. So far they are remitting Tinubus commission he won't talk. His own is steal and share to his subordinates.

He steals so much yet Lagos is still by far more functional and more effective than your 5 village-esque states in SE combined? Isn’t that magic?
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by IGBOSON1: 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2023
Ceenaija:
If it is Peter Obi the one i know , forget it.He will see to the end of this Broad day robbery.It has become a tradition to rig with impunity and it most be fought now to logical end.

Peter Obi means business, he is in to fight the corrupt system.

Hehehehehe grin grin grin

It’s become a tradition to rig with bare-faced impunity, then turn around and tell the injured party ‘go to court’! Of course they’re saying this safe in the knowledge that of recent, with the unfortunate coming of Buhari, the Nigerian judiciary is a cesspool of corruption and up for the highest bidder! The Nigerian judiciary is also subservient to the dictates and whims of the ruling hegemony who seem comfortable with Tinubu stealing the presidential mandate!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by vizboy(m): 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2023
Can you people keep your advice.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Aboguede(m): 2:57pm On Mar 01, 2023
If u are not mentally unstable then there is virus in ur phone grin

casualobserver:

There are IMHO 3 types of Labour supporters 1) angry youth 2) Ibos who see him a the path to Ibo presidency 3) other Nigerians who are tired of the status quo and want a change

The problem with your write up is that the soul of the LP is made of up nos1) and 2) above, group 3 have IMHO been sold a bridge in London. LP and Obidiency is fundamentally about 1) and 2), They are driven by emotion and emotional people do not make good decisions and cannot be appealed to.

I just hope they do t bro g the country down.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by JoiGeeva(m): 3:00pm On Mar 01, 2023
We are out to dismantle the structure of criminality and not to form an alliance with them.
[color=#006600][/color]
NaijaCowFarm:

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by candygist: 3:01pm On Mar 01, 2023
Ceenaija:
If it is Peter Obi the one i know , forget it.He will see to the end of this Broad day robbery.It has become a tradition to rig with impunity and it most be fought now to logical end.

Peter Obi means business, he is in to fight the corrupt system.

Dey play
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by CaptainFM1: 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2023
medtoks:
Lol
Pls don’t amuse me
A better rigger?

Don't mind them. You can tell where they belong.
The best thing is to approach the court as a law abiding citizen. You will not see them advising such. They want cheap and illegitimate mandate to stand. Nigerians deserve better, not the charade of election INEC cooked up with their fake systems. The violence and voters intimidation is enough to annul the election. Even Abiola's election that was annulled was peace and no violence was observed.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by daywatcher: 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2023
zanebaddo:
But you can win by attacking voters, snatching ballot boxes and manipulating results and electoral laws. The Nigerian reality. People will never expect you to win doing things the right way. They expect you to win by hook or by crook because it is the only way possible and yet we complain when that same way is used against us.

If rigging took place APC will not have lost lost Lagos, Kebbi, Kaduna, Osun, and 1 to 3 other states that they expected to win with ease. You are delusional if you believe the blanket votes that LP got in the South East is not by rigging. Tinubu is accepted in both Northern and Southern Nigeria, the other main candidates should go and learn from him how the earn the trust people in all parts of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Nsonaso(m): 3:02pm On Mar 01, 2023
medtoks:
Lol
Pls don’t amuse me
A better rigger?

The matter tired me. If election was won free and fair that's when you say you want to go back and prepare.

This one is to go be a better rigger and thugly abi watin. Some people no just get sense.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by IGBOSON1: 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2023
Juju70:
[
Gbam

quote author=Acidosis post=121379276]

After listening to Datti a few minutes ago, it is 10000% certain that LP will be heading to court. Please bury the idea of conceding. Evil thrive because people refuse to act.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Amalekki: 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
Kubler-Ross Grief Cycle

Different Atikulate and Obidient Nairalanders are at various stages of the cycle.

Denial avoidance, confusion, elation, shock, fear
Anger frustration, irritation, anxiety
Bargaining struggling to find meaning, reaching out to others, telling one's story
Depression overwhelmed, helplessness, hostility, flight (japa)
Acceptance exploring options, new plan in place, moving on

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Chuksyno(m): 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
Prepare himself? So what if his mandate got stolen again even after his preparedness. These rogues up there have been plotting against igbo presidence and no amount of preparations would deter them and, even this Nigerians can never be one. Know this and know peace.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Feggie3: 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Prayer for devils in black who bastertized the electoral process. As far as this incoming government rigged themselves into power, corruption and failure shall never depart their reign.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
I'm not God but this 2023 is the best chance for Obi in my own opinion unless Tinubu disappointed in his first 4 years. If he is able to do well, I see him going 2nd time because northerners will not vote Obi. The just concluded election has exposed Igbos as tribal bigotry who voted only their son and thus played tribal politics instead of unifying one.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by BleedTears: 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
IyaebeTheGreat:
Very nice post. We all love Obi but it’s time to forge ahead and pray for the incoming president. Let’s all pray for a better Nigeria

Prayer warrior, I sight you.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Creeper: 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
What’s he building on for in 2027? grin

Obi is an opportunist who rode the wave of EndSARS movement, religion and the utter failure of Buhari - whilst using it as his structure to hoodwink gullible people.

Obi in a vacuum is neither articulate nor eloquent (he has a very unrefined thick accent and he’s not a good communicator) and he has nothing to offer. If Tinubu can make the requisite change - there won’t be the EndSARS/religion/Buhari structure, to hoodwink people into thinking Obi is competent. That won’t happen in 2027.

What Obi needs to do is leverage his Linsanity run, as a one-hit wonder and ask Tinubu to give him a juicy position - like GEJ did to get immunity against investigation about his looting.

Good riddance and Nigeria was saved from another Okonjo-Iweala and WEF slavery.

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by FidoNido: 3:04pm On Mar 01, 2023
"These people don't knownTinubu"
You know him on personal basis right, you can assume what his 4yrs of government would be abi? What would Obi have done sef if given the opportunity that Tinubu will not do better?

OneCandleAway:

These people don't know Tinubu.

Once he has the federal power, believe me he doesn't even need the north like that. He is not Jonathan that was cool. He can easily challenge the north if they want to be stubborn. All the crooks he surrounds himself with will so loot. Look at lagos, if you know how much is being stolen in lagos state. So far they are remitting Tinubus commission he won't talk. His own is steal and share to his subordinates.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by BleedTears: 3:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
shuttox:
Yes
Prepare himself thoroughly
He has a higher chance

Higher chance to rig him way in? Keep dreaming.
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Johnsown1(m): 3:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
Obi that I know will never be carried away by the hurricane caused by the vote allocation by inec. So let us meet in Court. it's never over unless proven over by the Court. In his mandate we stand. He will loose peoples respect if he backs off and he is not a power monger because I don't see him contesting again if the court closes it's eyes to justice
Re: 2023: Obi Should Let Go, Build LP For 2027 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Mar 01, 2023
Feggie3:
Prayer for devil's in black who bastertized the electoral process. As far as this incoming government rigged themselves into power, corruption and failure shall see to the end of their tenure.
And who is the saint in this election if I may ask? To be truthful is really a hard job in a country like Nigeria. It is well

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Sanusi: Zamfara Started Sharia In Nigeria, Today It Has The Highest Poverty Rate / Bode George: Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition A Huge Joke / Prince Oghene Egoh Escapes Death In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.